AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-31, 11:04   Link #1
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Angelique

I just finished watching the first OVA of this, and im really into it. Im guessing theres another series or something running around somewhere, since theres a lot of questions going around my head right now. But all in all i really like this show, looking forward to the rest of the shows, since theres a few of them, total of 4 OVA series.

What you lot think of it?

It seems to be an old one, since the animation isnt anything like what we get now, and its a bit grainy, music tends to fade in and out at times. But it does have some damn fine tunes in it.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 12:16   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There are several more OVA series. Please read Angelique @ AnimeSuki for information about that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 12:19   Link #3
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
There are several more OVA series. Please read Angelique @ AnimeSuki for information about that.

Yeah i know, theres 4 OVA series all together, im just hoping that they all get fansubed, since i really like this show.
Old 2004-10-31, 12:29   Link #4
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Like Galaxy Fraulin Yuna it was a series of games mainly for NEC systems (tho branched out) which had many games, many manga, novels, supplementary story, etc and to my knowledge only a fewOAVs.

I didn't download the one I saw on Animesuki because I used to have one of the games and the prettyboy count was so staggering I didn't bother to download it. I'm cool with a relatively high count but when it's so high the meter breaks I tend to back away. In the game I had I only counted two girls out of a cast of around 22 characters who looked like women.

I'll give the anime a try but if it follows that trend I'll likely back away.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 12:31   Link #5
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Like Galaxy Fraulin Yuna it was a series of games mainly for NEC systems (tho branched out) which had many games, many manga, novels, supplementary story, etc and to my knowledge only one or two OAVs.

I didn't download the one I saw on Animesuki because I used to have one of the games and the prettyboy count was so staggering I didn't bother to download it. I'm cool with a relatively high count but when it's so high the meter breaks I tend to back away. In the game I had I only counted two girls out of a cast of around 22 characters who looked like women.

I'll give the anime a try but if it follows that trend I'll likely back away.
heheh it hasnt changed then, 4 girls and about 10 guys. I agree it can be overwhelming at times, but i still liked the show. Couldnt explain why, its just one of those that appealed to me for some bizzare reason
Old 2004-10-31, 18:18   Link #6
domino
デレデレ

There are about 16 episodes total right now going across 4 OVAs. If you want the background story explained, you should see OVA4 first, because that one takes place first (it's based off of the first Angelique game). ^^ OVA4 also has some really pretty animation and an awesome theme song. *_*

OVA1 takes place after the events in the Angelique RPG Tenkuu no Requiem (a fun game), so it might be confusing for people who have not played it. ^^;

OVA2 is a gag, and OVA3 is character music videos set around a short story.

I love Angelique because it's just so CUTE and shoujo. *_* It's not every day I find a series that's so.... PINK. And yes, the pretty boy meter is off the charts (there's at least 19 of them).

And on a side note, the Animesuki series info page has an incorrect link. ^^; The links you have there for OVA4 lead to the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de OVA websites (same company, wrong game series). OVA4 is 3 episodes long (not 2 like the series info page says), and the official website for it is here.

I'm a huuuuge Angelique fan. <3
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 18:32   Link #7
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
And on a side note, the Animesuki series info page has an incorrect link. ^^; The links you have there for OVA4 lead to the Harukanaru Toki no Naka de OVA websites (same company, wrong game series). OVA4 is 3 episodes long (not 2 like the series info page says), and the official website for it is here.

Thanks for the info, episode count for OVA 4 fixed
And I will try to de-confuse the links that someone else added
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 19:20   Link #8
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
There are about 16 episodes total right now going across 4 OVAs. If you want the background story explained, you should see OVA4 first, because that one takes place first (it's based off of the first Angelique game). ^^ OVA4 also has some really pretty animation and an awesome theme song. *_*

OVA1 takes place after the events in the Angelique RPG Tenkuu no Requiem (a fun game), so it might be confusing for people who have not played it. ^^;

OVA2 is a gag, and OVA3 is character music videos set around a short story.

I love Angelique because it's just so CUTE and shoujo. *_* It's not every day I find a series that's so.... PINK. And yes, the pretty boy meter is off the charts (there's at least 19 of them).

bleh i cant read japanese :P

Hopefuly all 4 OVA's will be subed, then i can watch them all. Perhaps its time for me to learn japanese :P
Old 2004-11-01, 15:48   Link #9
Alcy
Left! Right! Seven! Cake!

The info on the game series is partially incorrect-the only ones on an NEC system to my knowledge were the PC-FX releases, all of which were available on other consoles. The first game was actually released on SNES (with a few rereleases such as on GBA). The games, in no particular order:

Angelique/Angelique Voice Fantasy (SNES, GBA)-first arc
Special 1 (Saturn, PC-FX, PC)-first arc
Special 2 (Saturn, PC, possibly PC-FX)-second arc
Fushigi no Kuni no Angelique (Saturn, GBA, PSX, possibly others)-first arc
Duet (Saturn, possibly others)-first arc
Trois (PS2 only)-I'm not sure what arc this is, probably second.
Etoile (PC, PS2)-Third arc
Etoile Prologue (PC)-Third arc
Sweet Ange (GBC only)-first arc? Not canon
Tenkuu no Requiem (PSX only)-second arc

Most of these are simulation games. The plot varies a bit from game to game, but as a side plot in each, you can date the Guardians (the original 9 in the first arc, with more available in the second and third arcs). In the first arc, Angelique and Rosalia are competing to become the Queen of the Cosmos. In the second, Angelique Limoges is queen with Rosalia as her aide, and Angelique Collet and Rachel Hart are in a competition for rule of a second Cosmos. The third arc deals with a girl named Ange who was chosen to save both of the cosmos..
The manga series is part of the first arc as well, but the game series came first.

I'm a big fan, too...especially of Olivie, obviously (my icon came from the manga). I'm glad to see it getting out!

By the way, the largest English fansite is http://marfisa.net/ange . There's also http://clavis-sama.com ....coincidentally, those are ran by the members of NeoRomance Fansubs.

Last edited by Alcy; 2005-12-19 at 00:39.
Alcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 15:18   Link #10
Alcy

To the person who had problems with the file and was directed here, the end seems to get corrupted easily for some reason. Try running the torrent again, it should still be near-complete but try to rewrite the corrupted end of the file. It may take a while, the end was the hardest part for me to get.
Old 2005-12-18, 15:16   Link #11
domino
デレデレ

Well, time for more Angelique news! ^_^;

Angelique is being made into a TV series for 2006!! Same characters, same voice actors, but I think they said there'd be new clothes on the characters... The site for the TV series is here.

And Yura Kairi's (the artist who does the character designs/art for the Angelique games and manga) "Saiunkoku Monogatari" series will also be made into an anime.

2006 is going to be a wonderful year for new series... ^^
Old 2005-12-19, 00:40   Link #12
Alcy

Quote:
Well, time for more Angelique news! ^_^;

Angelique is being made into a TV series for 2006!! Same characters, same voice actors, but I think they said there'd be new clothes on the characters... The site for the TV series is here.

And Yura Kairi's (the artist who does the character designs/art for the Angelique games and manga) "Saiunkoku Monogatari" series will also be made into an anime.

2006 is going to be a wonderful year for new series... ^^
AWESOME. I wonder what arc it will be based on...and if this means we might see new games, too! <3
Old 2005-12-19, 23:27   Link #13
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcy
AWESOME. I wonder what arc it will be based on...and if this means we might see new games, too! <3
There is a new Angelique game coming out soon, but it's not related to the TV series. ^^; (since the TV series site currently has an Etoile image up, I'm guessing the TV series will be focused around the Etoile arc... so there will be a LOT of characters!) It's called Neo Angelique and features 4 new characters with new seiyuu (including familiar voices from Fullmetal Alchemist and Prince of Tennis).

The plot is exterminating some kind of evil rather than a queen examination, so maybe this one will be RPG-style? Or some kind of battle system...
Old 2005-12-20, 00:24   Link #14
Alcy

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I remember when everyone was so scared Etoile was the end, with all the "Goodbye" image songs and 10th anniversary promos.

The new main character is really pretty. I hope we still have the old guys (at least some of them) in addition to these new fellows under "Characters"...none of it looks connected to the old series, though.
Old 2006-04-25, 22:27   Link #15
domino
デレデレ

Angelique TV anime pictures have surfaced in Japanese magazines. Exciting~!

So the TV series will finally be airing in 2006. Does anyone have more specific info? Any idea when it will air or what season it will air in? I really look forward to it! Angelique has been one of the top shoujo titles in Japan for over 10 years. Though it's barely known in America, in Japan it's as recognizable and parody-able as Di Gi Charat (one volume of the Sorcerer Hunters manga features a parody with characters dressed as Angelique characters, while Fruits Basket features many freetalk sections where she discusses her love for Angelique...).

Anyway, I'm excited! Perhaps this series will finally get the attention it deserves outside of Asia!!

Anyway, here's one of the first images that have appeared for this TV series:

Characters from left to right: Clavis, Randy, Oscar, Julious

The characters are based on the wonderful designs/artwork by mangaka Yura Kairi, who also did the original art/character designs for "Saiunkoku Monogatari" (a shoujo TV anime that is currently airing in Japan).

Looking good! ^_^ I'm so excited... I love Angelique so much!!
Old 2006-06-21, 13:35   Link #16
sherry

It's very exciting.....I'm expecting the TV very much too
and I just download angelique ova 4-part1, the story backgound is explained very clearly. But I can't find part2 & part3 on web.
Are there anybody would like to tell me where I can download these two parts?
Tks very much~~~~
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 15:07   Link #17
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry
It's very exciting.....I'm expecting the TV very much too
and I just download angelique ova 4-part1, the story backgound is explained very clearly. But I can't find part2 & part3 on web.
Are there anybody would like to tell me where I can download these two parts?
Tks very much~~~~
Unfortunately the subbers who subbed the 4th Angelique only subbed part 1. A shame, because that one is by far the best OVA (beautiful animation, adorable shoujo plot, and explains the story of Angelique from the beginning so it's good for people new to the series)
Old 2006-06-24, 14:36   Link #18
kayoujin

Quote:
There is a new Angelique game coming out soon, but it's not related to the TV series. ^^; (since the TV series site currently has an Etoile image up, I'm guessing the TV series will be focused around the Etoile arc... so there will be a LOT of characters!) It's called Neo Angelique and features 4 new characters with new seiyuu (including familiar voices from Fullmetal Alchemist and Prince of Tennis).

The plot is exterminating some kind of evil rather than a queen examination, so maybe this one will be RPG-style? Or some kind of battle system...
YES i saw neo angelique on the cover of some girls' ps2 game magazine and i fell in love with rayne. omg the characters are to die for!!! somehow i wish the anime would be based on neo angelique though.. =x can't wait till its subbed!!! a few more weeks now
kayoujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 08:06   Link #19
sherry

Have watched 2 , feeling isn't bad~~~~
The characters' imager can be accepted at present
But the story seems little weakness, expecting the below content

Like Clavis sama very much ><
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 14:00   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I didn't know anything about the Angelique stories, but I've enjoyed the first three episodes of the new one. I find the whole setup quite bizarre, but the show just has a good feeling. The voices are wonderful all round. The main story may be a bit slow to develop, but I needed some time to be introduced to Angel and the others, so perhaps it's right. I should probably watch the OVA first, since I have a lot of trouble keeping people straight.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote