AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-24, 13:13   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bokura ga Ita

Genre: Romance, Shoujo.

Expected Relelase Date: July 4, 2006

Romance is in the air, or at least, that seems to be true for the month of July which is riddled with shows that have the romance theme one way or the other. The show is based on a shoujo manga illustrated by Yuuki Obata. Can't shed anymore light on the manga.. so, has anyone seen NeoSam? Anyway, here is a short description taken from AniDB...
The beginning of high school life, also means the beginning of a brand new love life to the girls. For the lively high school freshman, Takahashi Nanami, nicknamed Nana, this is also the case... Incidentally, a popular guy, Yano Motoharu, happens to be in the same class as Nana. 2/3 of the girls in class fall in love with him but Nana seems to hate him?!
Looking forward to it!

Last edited by monir; 2006-07-15 at 12:16.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 13:25   Link #2
Decel

I hope the anime can change my view of this series. I can't even get past the first chapter of the manga: it can't grab my attention.

The premise though is my type of show.
Old 2006-06-25, 03:33   Link #3
NeoSam

僕等がいた
Bokura ga ita

Broadcast: July 2006

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Betsucomi.
For now there are 10 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Bokura ga ita Formal Fan Book:

The site for the manga:
http://www.betsucomi.shogakukan.co.jp/bokura/

Mangaka: Yuuki Obata (小畑友紀)

Genre: Shoujo, Romance
Old 2006-06-25, 06:42   Link #4
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

http://www.bokuragaita.com/staffcast/index.html

Okay...they listed Nanami's seiyuu as 佐々木望. Sasaki Nozomu (aka Yuusuke from Yuu Yuu Hakusho) also has his name written in the same kanji.

Judging from the relative obscurity of the other seiyuu for this series, I'm really hoping that this 佐々木望 is actually a young lady called Sasaki Nozomi who is completely new to voice acting...while there has been many instances of female seiyuu playing male characters, it is highly doubtful to me that they will grab some manly man and ask him to act all girly-girly in a shoujo anime

(Edited to add: And the seiyuu announcement news page on the official Web site confirms my above speculation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokura ga ita Official Web site - bolding mine
高橋七美:佐々木 望(ささき のぞみ)
声優経験のない彼女の声を、たまたま神戸のワークショップで聞いた大地監督がほれ込み、オーディションを経て見事主役の座を射止めた シンデレラ・ガール。
Translation:
Takahashi Nanami: Sasaki Nozomi
Having no previous experience as a voice actress, it so happened that director Daichi (Akitarou) heard her voice at a workshop in Kobe, which he instantly fell in love with; after going through auditions, she became the Cinderella Girl who successfully snagged the leading lady role.

So the seiyuu for Nanami is decidedly the rookie Sasaki Nozomi - not manly Sasaki Nozomu. Please forgive me for superficially reading off the kanji and confusing you guys...)

Last edited by Yaoi_Pocky; 2006-06-25 at 06:59.
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 08:47   Link #5
andromeda0201

Well the director is the one that did Fruits Basket, so I'm looking forward to another fuzzy and warm shoujo series
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 16:38   Link #6
alphabetsoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
I hope the anime can change my view of this series. I can't even get past the first chapter of the manga: it can't grab my attention.

The premise though is my type of show.
Same for me, unfortunately. It just bores me. On the other hand, before the Ouran anime came out, I tried reading the manga and was bored to tears. And of course, I ended up loving the anime. ^^; Hopefully Bokura ga Ita will have the same result. Crossing fingers.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 16:50   Link #7
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybiscuit
Same for me, unfortunately. It just bores me. On the other hand, before the Ouran anime came out, I tried reading the manga and was bored to tears. And of course, I ended up loving the anime. ^^; Hopefully Bokura ga Ita will have the same result. Crossing fingers.
Haha, I've had the same experience with Ouran.
Old 2006-06-27, 22:34   Link #8
doink-chan
Hajimari no Kaze

Send a message via AIM to doink-chan Send a message via Yahoo to doink-chan Send a message via Skype™ to doink-chan
I also have high hopes for this series mainly because Daichi Akitarou, who directed the Fruits Basket and Kodocha anime, is directing it. doinkies REALLY hopes it isn't doinky.
doink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 22:40   Link #9
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

does indeed look a bit interesting.
Old 2006-06-28, 15:37   Link #10
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Having read the posts saying the manga was boring, I had a look at it. I loved the first couple of chapters. I'll be right there next Monday to see episode 1. The director and the art work both attract me. And the shoujo story pleases me so far. I'd better stop reading so as not to spoil myself, lol.

And thanks to NeoSam for the good work on this and other series, giving us illustrations and background. Thanks also for the info from monir and Yaoi_Pocky. I love to hear new seiyuu. We'll see if Sasaki Nozomi is a talented young pro like Yahagi Sayuri, or an interesting amateur like Kudou Haruka was when Honey & Clover started. I hope it's one of those two possibilities.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 16:38   Link #11
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The plot sounds a lot like generic shoujo and in fact reminds me of Peach Girl, but I am giving it a shot because Akitaro Daichi is directing the thing.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 21:53   Link #12
mippa
Mahou Shoujo~!

Send a message via AIM to mippa Send a message via MSN to mippa Send a message via Yahoo to mippa
Does anyone know if any particular fansub group has announced their intentions to release this project? Because I am hoping to help translate it...
mippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 07:27   Link #13
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
Does anyone know if any particular fansub group has announced their intentions to release this project? Because I am hoping to help translate it...
According to Andrew's summer test wiki, Ureshii will be doing this series.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 21:48   Link #14
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

For all those who think so, I wouldn't call this a "generic" shoujo. It has certain plot devices that make it suprisingly sad and dark.

It's not really a "feel-good" manga. A lot of heart-wrenching, though.. it's realistic in terms of understanding a girl's feelings. I'm looking forward to this a lot.
Old 2006-07-04, 00:33   Link #15
Keitarou
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by doink-chan
I also have high hopes for this series mainly because Daichi Akitarou, who directed the Fruits Basket and Kodocha anime, is directing it. doinkies REALLY hopes it isn't doinky.
That's actually my hope for this anime to retain its style, the director and most of the staff have worked on really good adaptions such as the ones you named, thus it should be possible to make an adaption which doesn't screw up its quite unique style.

As for the comments about the manga, face it, on an average out of 100 shoujo there will be only 3-4 which offer interesting ideas and stuff while the rest remains overall the same, as of late the only thing which changes is the amount of sexual depiction and fanservice.

And this is where Bokura ga Ita actually shines, it doesn't need all that stuff, while it's true that the story and the ideas are as generic as it can get, it has a quite unique style and presentation and the "drama" bits play out nicely.

That is mostly the reason that it stood out from the mass for me, I couldn't for the heck remember most other shoujo manga I've read lately since they all are that similar that any lines betweem them blur.

Anyway, looking (and hoping) for a good adaption here. :)
Old 2006-07-04, 13:32   Link #16
DaFool
Resident devil

You know what's weird? I was browsing just this page when I refreshed the site you-know-which-one and bam! The torrent for first ep.

I try to not get my hopes up too much, but damn!
I mean Daichi-sama and slice-of-life, this couldn't possibly go wrong!

Quote:
As for the comments about the manga, face it, on an average out of 100 shoujo there will be only 3-4 which offer interesting ideas and stuff while the rest remains overall the same, as of late the only thing which changes is the amount of sexual depiction and fanservice.
For the moment there I thought you were talking about erogames ^_^. Anyhow, even if the style becomes totally Daichi-fied it should still be pleasant, for me at least.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 13:44   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

episode 1 raw

I liked it a lot. I thought it was well constructed, going quickly but effectively through just the part of the manga that I've read. Personally I love the art style and the (sometimes strange) animation. They've captured and maybe even improved on the manga, I think. The lead seiyuu, Sasaki Nozomi, uses a very small and weepy voice, but it works for the weak-and-yet-somehow-strong character. The lead guy, Yazaki Hiroshi, is apparently a stage actor. The two of them give the piece a strange but affecting feeling.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 17:18   Link #18
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I am not really sure how to take this series, but color me disappointed and not very impressed.

For a romantic series it is exceedingly dull and not pretty.
For a school comedy it isn't all that funny.
For a slice-of-life story it doesn't feature much "real life" situations.

For the most part, Bokura ga Ita is about Nanami and her relationships with her classmates, which isn't all that exciting.

Honestly, the only thing that caught my attention initially was the promise of a vibrant and fresh color palette on the promotional art (ala AIR, which was equally dull yet beautiful). The show disappoints in that aspect as well: everything is colorless, grey-brown and not really inspiring.

The character designs are ultra-minimalistic and animation is almost nonexistant, the show relies heavily on static scenes and chibification, but although those in itself shouldn't be a reason to hate it, there is nothing else in there to keep me staying. I was infinitely bored even before the half-way point, so that should tell you something.

Honestly, this isn't something I expected from Akitaro Daichi. Bokura ga Ita has neither the endless energy of Kodocha and Kuromi-chan, nor the sweet and warm feeling of Furuba. Frankly, the show doesn't deliver. It's a very minimalistic school-life-and-love type of thing, and could be watched if you have nothing else to do, but I'd advise anyone to skip it for some worthier undertaking.

That's my point of view.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 19:13   Link #19
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Honestly, this isn't something I expected from Akitaro Daichi. Bokura ga Ita has neither the endless energy of Kodocha and Kuromi-chan, nor the sweet and warm feeling of Furuba. Frankly, the show doesn't deliver. It's a very minimalistic school-life-and-love type of thing, and could be watched if you have nothing else to do, but I'd advise anyone to skip it for some worthier undertaking.
I presume the manga is pretty similar to the anime. It does have a feeling of a more literal manga-to-anime conversion. Given the base story, I don't think there's much the director could have done without really radical changes.

While my opinion of the show it not as poor as MrProphet's... for a first ep, there was very little meat - only in the last couple of minutes did things start to become more interesting. The rest was like the anime equivalent of diet food.

Maybe I'll give it another ep to see where things go.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-05, 12:18   Link #20
DaFool
Resident devil

All I can say is that it was surprisingly low-budget.

However, the animation feels very amateurish but in a unique way...which is a good thing, because it reminded me of that festival short this dude did who later went on to design the backgrounds for Kiba.

The characters seem interesting enough, I'll definitely go through couple of subbed eps, and if it lasts only 1 kur, then I might as well finish it. Heck, even if it were an exercise in how low they can push the budget (lol like Gainax).
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, slice of life