AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-01-12, 23:47   Link #1
einhorn303

[TV Drama/SF] Battlestar Galactica

I was a bit surprised that AnimeSuki doesn't have a thread about this show yet. It's probably the most popular and best SF show in the last 6 years. Plus the second half of Season Four is airing on the 16th, the final ten episodes that'll be the conclusive end to the show's storyline (good that it won't get dragged out and jump the shark).

This is the first live-action drama I've really gotten into since years of watching anime, and it's been quite an engrossing trip. I've been watching episodes like mad to catch up. I calculated that I have to watch about four a day. And they're double the length of most anime episodes. Still, I feel the dramatic tensions of the show have a vaguely anime-like pacing to them. But still, it seems to have a bit more maturity and realism than other anime. I even think I've felt a bit moe for some of the characters...Cally and Sharon
Spoiler for S3:
in particular.

So, how many people on AnimeSuki are a fan of the show? And what are your speculations for the series end? (I reckon it'll go all Neon Genesis Evangelion ww)

einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 00:54   Link #2
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
(I reckon it'll go all Neon Genesis Evangelion ww)
This wouldn't surprise me. As much as I love Battlestar Galactica, the writers really have a tendency to pull some asspulls. The worst example of that would be...
Spoiler for Season 3, first half of season 4:

Granted, it's not as bad as many other shows, but when a show is this good, the asspulls really do become more noticeable.

On the other hand, I absolutely LOVED the first part of season 4 in general:
Spoiler for Season 4 part one:

If the writers come up with something that good for the rest of the show, I'm going to be awaiting each episode with anticipation again.

Edit: Oh, and some of the scenes (generally early in the series) on Caprica were filmed at my University campus. Very cool even if it does break suspension of disbelief on occassion because some of the landmarks are so obvious.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 04:16   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
BSG was a pretty good show to watch. The first season, it was really compelling to watch and I actually waited a nice week to watch it's new show. After about half way through the 2nd season I stop watching all of Sci-Fi's TV shows so i don't know what happens after that.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:42   Link #4
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

wow , I found a BSG thread.
anyone else seen the Finale ?
what did you guys think of it ?

Spoiler for The Last Episode , don't click if you haven't seen it.:

Farewell Galactica , you will be missed.
So say we all.

anyway , your thought ? Disappointed? happy ? sad ?

sad thread is sad.
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 23:58   Link #5
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Incredible series...With a horrible ending.

Spoiler for Finale thoughts:

Finale already aired figured id spoiler it anyway...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 00:31   Link #6
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I thought they did a pretty decent job of tying everything together but there were some huge plot holes that I felt were covered up by mystical mumbo jumbo that degraded the end result.

The show was always strongest as a character display rather than on sheer plot though. I'm pleased that held true all the way to the end.
Old 2009-03-21, 16:29   Link #7
einhorn303

It wasn't much worse than Neon Genesis Evangelion, and that's considered a classic, so...

Personally, I really liked the ending. The only part I disliked was the whole
Spoiler for finale:
, but it was also rather beautiful and moving and shocking and a good, peaceful conclusion after their long journey. The song at the end, and the cameo, was just...ww. I mean, we've known from the end of Season 1 that this was a show all about random and bizarre twists out of nowhere. And the ending still leaves lots to think about, it's good that not everything is 100% resolved. At least, it'll prove to be a controversial, memorable, and unique ending, and I think that's what BSG needed the most.

Cavil is so awesome, though. He's my favorite Cylon character now. I look forward to seeing more of him in "The Plan." Oh yeah, and what about Caprica? The preview looked pretty good. It even has moe ojou-sama character (from what I've read of the script previews) and some AWESOME high-tech paper.

Kimichi:
Spoiler for finale:
Old 2009-03-21, 19:16   Link #8
holyalexander
holy alexander

oohh i like the hot girl in the middle.. is that photoshoped?
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 22:26   Link #9
mg1942

It finally ended!

So... when are they going to release a Blu ray edition so that i can watch it all in just 1 day?
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 00:08   Link #10
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
It finally ended!

So... when are they going to release a Blu ray edition so that i can watch it all in just 1 day?
Actually according to my calculations the entire series has a length of over 54 hours...so you wouldn't be able to watch it all in one day without the aid of time machine :P That's not including the mini-series or Razor or The Plan, either, or the deleted/extended scenes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyalexander View Post
oohh i like the hot girl in the middle.. is that photoshoped?
Nah, that's a promotional photoshoot picture for the 4th season. The girl in the middle is Number Six, aka Caprica Six, aka Shelly Godfrey, aka Gina Inviere, aka Natalie, etc. She's played by Tricia Helfer, who is actually a Playboy model.