AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-15, 21:05   Link #41
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
And that is the sad thing. Only viewing one side of the medaillon while others are kept hidden. I may understand that the magazine is not posted completely here for sales reasons and copyright. But on the other side at least some infos could have leaked through about all the characters and their relationship to have a bit more and facts to discuss instead of making bla bla bla about Person X is great while person Y has failed and person Z did not improve and so on. :/
Wrong. I don't mean to keep it hidden, but as much as I want to scan her pages, it is quite well-known fact I am Sheryl fan and disappointed with Ranka on the latter episodes. That's why I prefer NOT to scan her pages. If anyone can find the scans, so be it All I know is that the Official File pages that have been scanned are Sheryl pages only, from both #1 & #2.

And as much as my Japanese can understand, Ranka's form of love given in the Official Fileis what we have predicted and understood from the series. It is the kind of pure, unadultered love, where she kept her love so pure that she couldn't even express it to Alto :x
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 12:57   Link #42
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Babuyan Islands
All my love for Ranke went out of the window the moment she went all ALTO ALTO ALTO. I mean, she decided herself to sing for the people cause her song can make the battles for SMS easier. Then she went all emo just because she saw Alto and Sheryl hugging each other. I mean, wtf. She was all, "as long as I can help then it's good" to "NO, ALTO doesn't like and choose Sheryl I'MA DIE now pl0x KILL ME, I hate it". Selfish bitch.

The ending didn't give justice to Ranka's character at all. We should have seen an ending Alto kissing Sheryl and saying he doesn't like Ranka at all while Ranka's watching in the background.
NoOneKnowS is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:11   Link #43
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
While I agree to a large extent with your statement, I think the end would have been best served if Alto would have made a last waffle ( in the sense that he personally had already chosen Sheryl, but doesnŽt want to cause Ranka emotional pain ), so heŽd go for a non-declaration of his feelings for Sheryl. But then Ranka steps in, says that she understands the feelings Alto has for Sheryl and that she wishes both of them all the best. Cue her wandering off to find her onii-chan, while Sheryl and Alto passionately kiss.

That way weŽd end with the best couple together and Ranka having taken an important step in growing up. Y'know, like Minmay did at the end of Macross.

But I guess clear endings like that are too much to ask for from Hippiemori.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:19   Link #44
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Cue her wandering off to find her onii-chan, while Sheryl and Alto passionately kiss.
Passionate kiss? Shit, give me a few years down the road when they have kids. I'd like to see lil' Altos bouncing around singing their mother's tune.

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:24   Link #45
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Passionate kiss? Shit, give me a few years down the road when they have kids. I'd like to see lil' Altos bouncing around singing their mother's tune.

- Tak
Hey, we still need some material for the OVAs, donŽt we?
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:31   Link #46
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 28
Once someone mentions Macross OVA's I get this Basara image in my head... or Basara and space whales, or Basara and his super hero Excalibur...
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:33   Link #47
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Once someone mentions Macross OVA's I get this Basara image in my head... or Basara and space whales, or Basara and his super hero Excalibur...
You just had to ruin it for everyone, don't ya!

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:36   Link #48
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
At this point IŽd take Space Kawamoris as the main antagonists, if weŽd only get more Sheryl, Alto and the rest.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-01-18, 13:39   Link #49
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You just had to ruin it for everyone, don't ya!

- Tak
It's not me, it's that face singing 'whoou hoou hooooo'
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2009-01-19, 01:52   Link #50
Father Hentai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
It's not me, it's that face singing 'whoou hoou hooooo'
better him than some little girl who even sung worser than worse
__________________
Born the same day as Satoshi Urushihara... Ill fated?
Father Hentai is offline  
Old 2009-01-20, 17:53   Link #51
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think the main romance in Macross Frontier the same as in KGNE. There's a guy with attraction to girl B(Sheryl, Mitsuki) but he suddenly gets on well terms with girl A(Ranka, Haruka) and by some happening he gets seperated from girl A. And suddenly he gets close somehow with girl B, but girl B thinks she's just a replacement and she has no room in the guy's hearth and suffers a lot(not only because it but partly yes).
That's the story but in macross frontier the characters are more idealised and the relationships are more innocent. Still it's quite a feat to a Mecha genre anime to got that kind of romance in it. Maybe that's why that the previous romance discussion was so heated.
That's why the love triangle in Macross Frontier undecided seemingly but even the Author said that with the last episodes it's well biased to Sheryl.
I think because Sheryl and Alto's relationship is more mature and Sheryl definietly need him more that the Alto x Sheryl relationship is the more possible.
Question: What about the polls? Or it's only after the movie?
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-01-21, 20:35   Link #52
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think the main romance in Macross Frontier the same as in KGNE. There's a guy with attraction to girl B(Sheryl, Mitsuki) but he suddenly gets on well terms with girl A(Ranka, Haruka) and by some happening he gets seperated from girl A. And suddenly he gets close somehow with girl B, but girl B thinks she's just a replacement and she has no room in the guy's hearth and suffers a lot(not only because it but partly yes).
That's the story but in macross frontier the characters are more idealised and the relationships are more innocent. Still it's quite a feat to a Mecha genre anime to got that kind of romance in it. Maybe that's why that the previous romance discussion was so heated.
That's why the love triangle in Macross Frontier undecided seemingly but even the Author said that with the last episodes it's well biased to Sheryl.
I think because Sheryl and Alto's relationship is more mature and Sheryl definietly need him more that the Alto x Sheryl relationship is the more possible.
Question: What about the polls? Or it's only after the movie?
Actually, girl's A and B should be switched because it was the other way around lol. Remember that Ranka spent her time with Alto first on top of the hill in Griffith Park where Sheryl was just looking for Alto to get her earring back. Alto's interest in the beginning episodes were towards Ranka, although subtle, you could see it.

I agree, most people do like Alto's and Sheryl's relationship because it is mature than that of Alto and Ranka. As for your question, the polls were in the old romance thread and the mods wanted to stop the off-topic postings from everyone so they decided to make another romance thread with stricter rules.
DeX-kun is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 03:28   Link #53
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 38
I think IŽll refrain from going into details as to who caused the old romance thread to be closed. WouldnŽt want to get carried away and release the mod-rage v2 virus.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 03:38   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Actually, girl's A and B should be switched because it was the other way around lol. Remember that Ranka spent her time with Alto first on top of the hill in Griffith Park where Sheryl was just looking for Alto to get her earring back. Alto's interest in the beginning episodes were towards Ranka, although subtle, you could see it.
Eh.. Takayuki was obviously attracted to Mitsuki where you can't say the same for Alto in those early episodes.. I mean you might as well say Michael from episode 5 is attracted to Ranka if you want to say Alto is from those episodes... you've seen KGNE haven't you?
Westlo is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 08:13   Link #55
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Because everything was more "innocent"...So Takayuki's crush in Alto's xcase jhust a small attraction and admiration. And so on...
Altough i have to agree i am mistaken a bit...at first Alto's sight was on Ranka(but not because some kind of romantic way...maybe...but i can't see into Alto's mind:P)
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 08:15   Link #56
wisteria233
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Actually, girl's A and B should be switched because it was the other way around lol. Remember that Ranka spent her time with Alto first on top of the hill in Griffith Park where Sheryl was just looking for Alto to get her earring back. Alto's interest in the beginning episodes were towards Ranka, although subtle, you could see it.

I agree, most people do like Alto's and Sheryl's relationship because it is mature than that of Alto and Ranka. As for your question, the polls were in the old romance thread and the mods wanted to stop the off-topic postings from everyone so they decided to make another romance thread with stricter rules.
I would have to disagree with you. Alto in the first couple of episodes had no interest in Ranka, and seriously how could he? Just because a guy talks to a girl does not make him romantically interested in her. Its not that it was subtle it just was not there. He treated her more like a friend, and little sister than as a love interest, and even though that is interest it is not romantically charged.

The its not just that Alto and Sheryl's relationship is mature, but it was also mutual, and had chemistry unlike with Ranka. It also might be because of the fact that Ranka just seems too immature to be in a relationship, that and her reliance on Alto is highly unhealthy, and in my opinion is one of the things that help to ruin her character.

Personally though my favorite was Klan Klan(I refuse to use the official spelling) and Michael. Their relationship was one that in my opinion was the most dynamic, and in terms of their behavior made the most sense. You could see that Michael for all of his teasing and flirting really loved Klan, and in retrospect probably only flirted around with other girls not just because he couldn't really do with Klan because of her condition, and was frustrated by it, which is why he pushes Alto in the love department so much, because of his own inability to express his love for Klan.

Also in my opinion KGNE and Macross F love triangles are too different to be compared to one another, and I personally hate that series (adding onto this fact is that in a patch for the game they gave out more control options for the main character, and it turns out that if he hadn't been sidetracked by Mitsuki then Haruka would have never ended up in that car accident, which is one of the reasons why I can't support his relationship with Mitsuki).
wisteria233 is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 08:18   Link #57
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 36
Please, let's not start debating KGNE in here, again. The series' forum is still active, you know?
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 08:33   Link #58
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Please, let's not start debating KGNE in here, again. The series' forum is still active, you know?
Yes, lately all I've been reading here is KGNE this or that.
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 12:52   Link #59
MFSxA
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Where Rei Ayanami is...or prolly dreaming.
I hope they'd make a Sheryl x Alto star date 2.0. I enjoyed that episode starting with the locker incident, the teasing, the laughs, the red cheek moments, and the goodbye kiss. Just felt right for me.
MFSxA is offline  
Old 2009-01-22, 13:01   Link #60
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
I would have to disagree with you. Alto in the first couple of episodes had no interest in Ranka, and seriously how could he? Just because a guy talks to a girl does not make him romantically interested in her. Its not that it was subtle it just was not there. He treated her more like a friend, and little sister than as a love interest, and even though that is interest it is not romantically charged.

The its not just that Alto and Sheryl's relationship is mature, but it was also mutual, and had chemistry unlike with Ranka. It also might be because of the fact that Ranka just seems too immature to be in a relationship, that and her reliance on Alto is highly unhealthy, and in my opinion is one of the things that help to ruin her character.

Personally though my favorite was Klan Klan(I refuse to use the official spelling) and Michael. Their relationship was one that in my opinion was the most dynamic, and in terms of their behavior made the most sense. You could see that Michael for all of his teasing and flirting really loved Klan, and in retrospect probably only flirted around with other girls not just because he couldn't really do with Klan because of her condition, and was frustrated by it, which is why he pushes Alto in the love department so much, because of his own inability to express his love for Klan.
You just contradicted yourself. I disagree, Alto did have interest and whether it was romantically charged is a debate all on it's own but I'd rather not get into that since I've already said what I wanted to say earlier in the old romance thread. I can't truly say that Alto's and Sheryl's relationship was mutual based on the series because Alto only took notice to Sheryl once it was revealed that she was dying, while earlier in the series he was irritated at Sheryl and her advances, of course I'm not denying that they could end up a couple but I'm just not sold on it being mutual. You can look at both sides of the coin but nothing was proved in the end. Ranka asks for support, she doesn't completely rely on others in my opinion but if you see it that way, that's fine as well.

I also disagree with Alto and Ranka not having any chemistry. Chemistry doesn't just involve romance, but as a friend as well. In the beginning I would have to agree that both Alto and Ranka had chemistry as friends, they would talk to each other and Alto would help by supporting Ranka. They had good chemistry, otherwise they wouldn't be friends. As for the chemistry in romance, well I think you can say that Alto began to be aware of Ranka romantically from episodes 12-15.

Klang Klang? lol I agree here, they're relationship was revealed to be profound after Michel opened up on the roof. I did enjoy every bit of their relationship, from the constant teasing, all the way to the fighting.
DeX-kun is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.