AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-02-11, 20:29   Link #21
Echoes

I'm so far behind on all of the anime from the previous season I've barely been able to sample anything from this season, so I've only seen a few episodes of each series I review here, so please keep that in mind if what I say sounds outrageous.

Title: Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
Thoughts:Simply not my cup of ginger at all.
Verdict: Dropped.

Title: Maria-Holic
Thoughts: Subpar comedy, traps and countless cliches. Still, I was somewhat entertained, and the ending theme was too cute to let go. I expect to drop this if it doesn't improve, though.
Verdict: Below average.

Title: Minami-ke Okaeri
Thoughts: So much better than the second season (which was average), and stopping just short of the first season (which was very good.) I enjoy the characters, the humor and the relaxing atmosphere and soothing colors. Cute, funny and charming
Verdict: Very good.

Title: RideBack
Thoughts: Having only seen one episode of this thus far, I'm intrigued. Girls on motorcycles is quite fine with me!
Verdict: Promising, but verdict pending.

Title: White Album
Thoughts: Very nice art, but somewhat average overall. A bit melodramatic, but it's not too bad.
Verdict: Average...ish.

Title: Asu no Yoichi
Thoughts: Colorful harem with a pretty funny setting. And the girls are sexy. Really sexy. I'm not expecting any brilliance, but if it can stay as entertaining I'll be one happy camper.
Verdict: Average, but fun! (and sexy)

Title: Akikan!
Thoughts: The male lead is a jerk. The animations are bad. The premise is shamelessly cliched and uninteresting. Some of the female characters show potential, so that might just save the show, but I somehow doubt it. Bottom of the barrel this season, but I watched Rosario to Vampire to the end so you never know...
Verdict: Bad. Real bad.

Title: Kurokami
Thoughts: Again, unfortunately I've just seen one episode. But I liked it. Cute female lead, I'm a sucker for those. And the harsh and unexpected ending to the first episode really intrigued me a lot. Violence and blood banzai.
Verdict: Good.
Old 2009-02-19, 03:54   Link #22
ricardox

Passed the "Seems to be Worth Watching" filter thus far: (Grades to follow as an edit as I see a bit more of each series.)

Rideback

Kemono no Souja Erin

Ippo (old favorite)

Dropped:

Pretty much everything else. Pretty awful season aside from those mentioned above.
ricardox is offline   Reply With Quote