AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-15, 14:44   Link #41
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
WRONG!

Orihime does a sort of time reversal. When Hachigen healed Ichigo. He told Rukia, that he doesn't heal he uses a sort of time reversal. He couldn't do much because he said that he must have knowledge of how the injuries occured.

Orihime makes barriers (sheilds) Hachigen does the same. He restored Tsubaki the same way Orhime restored GJ arm...he brought him back from nothing....

So they are the same. Check your facts babe...
You do know that just proves that Orihime and Hachi aren't the same, Hachi needs knowledge of it so he can reverse it, Orihime just doesn't without knowing how it happened or what it even looked like. Rejection of reality and time reversal are two different things.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 14:50   Link #42
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Is that a choir of angels I hear? Has the Lord finally answered my prayers?

PRAIIIIIESE JESUS! Orihime was FINALLY useful. Can I get an AMEN? AMEN! Can I get an AMEN? AAAMMMEN!

TESTIFY!
AMEN!!!! XD

In addition, Langus I really, really wanna steal your avatar. Right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
WRONG!

Orihime does a sort of time reversal. When Hachigen healed Ichigo. He told Rukia, that he doesn't heal he uses a sort of time reversal. He couldn't do much because he said that he must have knowledge of how the injuries occured.

Orihime makes barriers (sheilds) Hachigen does the same. He restored Tsubaki the same way Orhime restored GJ arm...he brought him back from nothing....

So they are the same. Check your facts babe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
WRONG!

It's not time reversal its rejection of "existence"
HT's right. Ulquiorra has stated time reversal but was corrected by Aizen, who said she can reject any event. While seemingly hax, the projected scale of her rejection is probably proportionate to her available reiatsu(or heart/emotion power ). So if she wants to do something like reject the Hogyouku or relieve Aizen of an appendage, it'd probably sap a lot of her energy, leaving her near death.[I hear IchiRukians applauding ]

On the other hand, Aizen could've been lying and Orihime's true power was baking really tasty cookies, thus winning over enemies.[not meant to be a sexist statement] We really can't trust that corrupt bastard, can we?
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 14:56   Link #43
Shiryuu
Magical Boy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hiding... don't try to find me.
Age: 11
Or maybe they're just not showing their full powers. Tessai probably has greater powers, and just doesn't use because it's "forbidden". Instant teleportation is a much better ability anyways, he can just send Orihime to space where she can't breathe.
__________________

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:09   Link #44
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
rejection of existence--time reversal tomato-tamoto. Why are people arguing about this? Inoue has a pretty strong power I don't think that can be denied, but didn't Hachi say they their powers were similar? Also, we don't know the exact extent of either Inoue's or Hachi's powers so honestly i don't think we can really say either way.

I like the cookie powers. Homemaking skills are totally in trouble these days.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:10   Link #45
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Or maybe they're just not showing their full powers. Tessai probably has greater powers, and just doesn't use because it's "forbidden". Instant teleportation is a much better ability anyways, he can just send Orihime to space where she can't breathe.
She'll reject the event of it happening
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:27   Link #46
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
*Sigh* You know I really didn't want to do this...Really really I didn't. Because I know you wont be satisfied until I show and prove


@ Sinta...No time to quote it...you need to read this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
ARRH!.
I feel the same way. Let me give you a tip. I hate to contradict myself. I hate being proven wrong. I am not the top Bleach expert but 9 times out of ten if I said it's in the manga it's in the manga.

I am not the foremost expert...But I know my shit. It really irks my nerves when a person talks down to me because I am a girl. Or they assume I don't understand it. I do; I just disagree. Especially when I am %100 percent sure...

Please don't assume I don't don't understand it. Just tell me why you disagree...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
It has been stated that their powers are similar but hachigen didn't say they got the same powers...and I doubt he got fairies swarming around him^^
Unlike Chad, Orihime's power resembles that of a shinigami rather than a hollow, and although hachigen used powerful kido in the past, his barrier and time reversal could be the powers of his vizard side.

Whoa @ the two posts above, are we all thinking the same thing? o_0
Did it ever occur to you that Orihime isn't a Vizard, nor is she a Shinigami?

Of course he doesn't have fairies (They aren't faires either) Orihime's powers manifest themselves as the "faires" because she doesn't have a zanpakuto. Hachigen told her that her hair pins were similar to a Zanpakuto.

Since I know you guys won't take my word for it. Allow me to refresh your memory

Spoiler for Refresher #1 CHAPTER 228:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
He's never been shown healing anyone except Tsubaki, a manifestation of Orihime's abilities, whereas Orihime's been shown to be able to heal everything from humans to shinigami to espada, and that Aizen believes her powers of rejection rival that of a god. Something about Orihime just seems more ... potent, if you will, in comparison to Hachi. Maybe I'm just overlooking it because she's more of a main character.
Yes he has...

After Ichigo's second bout with Grimmjow it was Hachigen who healed him
If you weren't so stuck on the five lifetimes speech you would realized that it's in that same chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
WRONG!

It's not time reversal its rejection of "existence"
Ahou...Aizen said she can undo existence. She can undo events that god himself has decided. If a person dies she can bring them back that's why her powers are so god-like. What she did with chad was "sort of' a time reversal

Do you know what "sort of" means? It means it's not exactly time reversal but the best explaination is "sort of" a time reversal...

You are all wrong!


@Kakashi. Like I said check your facts babe. Chapter 237 (If you weren't so stuck on the "5 Lifetime speech. you would have remembered)

Spoiler for Refresher #2 :

Hachigen told Orihime when he fixed Tsubaki Since Orihime powers is like his, she should be able to do it too. Orihime said she couldn't find any parts of him to repair. When Hachigen brought him back he didn't have any parts of Tsubaki. Orihime told him what happened and he fixed him (because he had knowledge of how it happened)

Do you need that page too?

Edit: forgot the pages
Spoiler for Refresher #2-b Revival of Tsubaki -228:
Spoiler for Refresher #3 Chapter 225 (slip into my barrier):

Now you want to tell me again their powers aren't similar? There is really is such a BIG difference in their powers? That there is more seperating them than the fact that ..one is a Vizard and the other is just a human with a high amout of Reiatsu?




For the record...
Hachigen may be former second of the kidou's corps but his barrier isn't kidou.

Spoiler for Refresher # 4:



So what part didn't you guys understand?

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-15 at 16:22. Reason: Forgot a page and fixed grammar
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:40   Link #47
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 30
*whistles*

Oh, nevermind...
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )

Last edited by Langus; 2009-01-15 at 15:53.
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:40   Link #48
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Actually looking back it makes me think that Orihime may be a vaizard or something like it because Hachi's powers were only similar after he became a vaizard, Rose or Love said they felt like their family was growing when they saw Orihime and the vaizards aren't really acceptive people. Even if Orihime isn't a vaizard her powers can still be developed immensely because Hacchi said there is a means for her to fight and he also said you haven't fully learnt how to control them and he also said it's not 'How it should be but instead How you want it to be' further empthazing her powers is about resolve just like someone's bankai and if she is determined to help Ichigo she might be able to fight on at least Rukia's level.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:47   Link #49
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
@No one in particular...THANK YOU!



wow cub...you change your mind fast.

Last edited by hakisak; 2009-01-15 at 15:58.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:05   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that Orihime isn't a Vizard
neither is Chad, but his powers are closest to those of a hollow.
Saying Orihime is a Vizard is like saying Chad is an arrancar, so let's just say her powers are similar and let's leave it at that.
Spoiler:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:16   Link #51
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
@Hakisak

Similar =/= same. Hachi is reversal of space / time. Inoue is rejection, similar yet different.

Spoiler for space:


Here we have Ulq. thinking it was space / time reversal but both are wrong. Aizen corrects and explains what Orihime's powers are.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:23   Link #52
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
Actually looking back it makes me think that Orihime may be a vaizard or something like it
One more thing, since I'm going to sleep now...
Vizard refers to shinigami who gained hollow powers and vice versa for arrancars, so humans don't fit in either category. (Please don't cross this with the humanity thread or we'll be discussing this until bleach is over xD)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:24   Link #53
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
@Hakisak

Similar =/= same. Hachi is reversal of space / time. Inoue is rejection, similar yet different.

Spoiler for space:


Here we have Ulq. thinking it was space / time reversal but both are wrong. Aizen corrects and explains what Orihime's powers are.
Damn you are right! I could kick you in the face for that.

I concede...
About them being exactly the same. Hers are bit greater...everything else I said stands.

@ Hassen...Vizards are Shinigami who gain the power of Hollows. Except for Komamura...Shinigami are human souls. Orihime isn't a Shinigami...She has powers that are similar to one. Just like Chad isn't a Hollow but like the Vizards he has powers that are similar to a Hollow's.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:30   Link #54
Scarlett_Rain55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Hakisak just what exactly are you trying to prove? That her powers aren't original in the show?
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:41   Link #55
Glacial
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Wheeewwwwwwwww,

glad those spoilers with Wonderweiss and Ishida were a fake...I knew what Ichigo was saying in them was out of character.

Also....lol at the 'srs bsns' arguments on Orihime's powers (someone's losing their temper) ;[

I'm curious if Ichigo is hinting at something other than Ulq being a Vasto, like maybe he isn't your generic menos? Possibly Ulquiorra himself is the result of one of Aizen's numerous experiments in the past.

Oh yeah, and Inoue's barrier was shattered immediately, so let's not get our hopes too high on her being useful
Glacial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:44   Link #56
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
Damn you are right! I could kick you in the face for that.

I concede...
About them being exactly the same. Hers are bit greater...everything else I said stands.
Exactly the same if hers are greater? the page just quoted Aizen differentiating between temporal regression and rejection of events..then again as i said Aizen could be a lying dog..

One thing that interests me though. The panel where Luppi says.."No human could possess such an ability"..and Aizen responds"Correct"..i guess he means that orihime isn't human?

*prepares for "Orihime is Spirit King's daughter" crack theories* XD
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:45   Link #57
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Hakisak just what exactly are you trying to prove? That her powers aren't original in the show?
I assure you I am a child at heart...but I am not that childish.


No i wasn't... Well in sense I guess I was... I just didn't mean it like that. there aren't to many original types in Bleach. A lot of people have similar powers

I was suffering under the misconception that her powers are overrated because of them being much like Hachigen. So I wondered if they were the same ...How come everyone forgets that....HT just nixed that in the bud

.



Also.. I wanted to point out...

That she is not a Vizard. Her powers are more like a Shinigami in nature. Her Shun Shun Rikka are like a Zanpakuto not a Hollow's weapon. It just manifests itself into the form or the faires when released and hair pins when sealed. Because she isn't a Shinigami.
Like a Shikai. They probably have another form.

I also wanted to point out that Hachi's barrier wasn't kidou-based. So neither of their powers is kidou based. It's just assumed because Hachi is the former vice of the Kidou corps. He said his barrier wasn't kidou. Orihime said it's similar to hers.

I was actually discussing the power levels, and type of powers that they have. I like to dicuss power levels and releases. I like to speculate and toss theories. Some I will admit are crack.


^^ He could be lying...but even a liar tells the truth sometimes. She could be other...just like Ishida said his powers were similar to a Shinigami. Chad's power is like a Hollow but no one assumes he's an Arrancar.
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:52   Link #58
Kakashi
カカシ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London
Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
I am not the foremost expert...But I know my shit. It really irks my nerves when a person talks down to me because I am a girl. Or they assume I don't understand it. I do; I just disagree. Especially when I am %100 percent sure...

Please don't assume I don't don't understand it. Just tell me why you disagree...
I'm not trying to be condescending, and you shouldn't jump to conclusions. I just typed in random capital letters for the heck of it. Mostly because the way you replied reminded me of an ambush.

Anyway you understand Bleach better than me, but you're wrong when it comes to Orihime, that's all.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:01   Link #59
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
*remembers saying Orihime would interfere at some point*

time to go cash that check
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:04   Link #60
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
*remembers saying Orihime would interfere at some point*

time to go cash that check
*old granny voice*

"Don't you go spending it all on some fancy bike, Longfellow!"

Cookies for whoever remembers that movie XD
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.