AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Fullmetal Alchemist

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-11, 01:46   Link #1
luisa081
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Angry scar pisses me off

maybe this type of thread is unnecessary...
but he really piss me off, i mean at first it is sort of understandable that he was going after anyone from the state alchemist to seek revenge or just to destroy anyone who has the ability to create things since their religion says that is evil. but then there are some from the gov't that doesnt know alchemist, and he still killed them... what really annoys me is he kept using god to justify what he is doing, then someone questioned that (forgot who), and he was like i'm just listening to my arm = = waever, i dont have sympathy for him even if his brother died, obviously his brother was connected to lust, cant be all that good ...
Spoiler:

so whats other people's opinion on scar
luisa081 is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 04:37   Link #2
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
well... frankly i find scar rather cool but I think he's rather mislead and confused... at the moment all he sees is that alchemy is evil .... but you can't blame him after all the result of alchemy is what took out more than half of his people.... that's sad... i don't know if his arm psychologically affects him but since it was created to destroy, he feels that he must answer to the calling of his arm of which his brother bestowed upon him.... i mean what else can you do when your sibling and only kin gives you his last dying wish? you go and perform it no matter what it was cause it would be the right thing to do just to perform it.... i think that he's also over consumed by the power of revenge.... but when some ass kills of all the people you know... i'm sure you'd at least feel if not go ahead and kill of that ass and all else related to him... in the real world, we seek death penalties
__________________
~~ A knife to slit my throat and a pen to stab others' hearts~~ For fiction/fanfiction - visit www.hypergraphian.blogspot.com
Asakura_Y0h is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 05:15   Link #3
Umbrae
Generic Human
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: here
Scar is a deply troubled person. As mentioned most people would be after watching half thierr race and all of thier family get slaughtered.

He does use god to justify his revenge, but that is somthing that most people do when resorting to means they cannot fully understand. I belive that is exactly where scar is. He has an arm that allows him to be the avenger for his people, which he though were all but exctinct. Now, finding more people from his race, I think he will change his mind about what he is doing and why. But somthing like that is not a momentary decision. He has spent most of his life dedicating his entier beeing to nothing but revenge. changing that mindset is going to take years to do, but it will happen IMO.

As for killing non alchemets workers of the state, he looks at them as part of the same establishment. also, if you notice the state military uses standard military forces with alchemist as backup. basicly the military does most of the killing, the alchemist just take out people where standard guns would not be as efficent.
__________________
Umbrae is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 09:43   Link #4
BigFire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
Scar is a deply troubled person. As mentioned most people would be after watching half thierr race and all of thier family get slaughtered.

He does use god to justify his revenge, but that is somthing that most people do when resorting to means they cannot fully understand. I belive that is exactly where scar is. He has an arm that allows him to be the avenger for his people, which he though were all but exctinct. Now, finding more people from his race, I think he will change his mind about what he is doing and why. But somthing like that is not a momentary decision. He has spent most of his life dedicating his entier beeing to nothing but revenge. changing that mindset is going to take years to do, but it will happen IMO.

As for killing non alchemets workers of the state, he looks at them as part of the same establishment. also, if you notice the state military uses standard military forces with alchemist as backup. basicly the military does most of the killing, the alchemist just take out people where standard guns would not be as efficent.
Yep. Nothing like the Sins, who are actively sowing strife and chaos everywhere they goes.
BigFire is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 09:59   Link #5
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: U.K. London
Note: renamed the thread with a more relevant title (was: scar pisses me off)
__________________
I want a unicorn.
ElvenPath is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 10:36   Link #6
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Scar is freaking cool. I really think he is a good guy, but looked at as a bad guy becuase he goes around killing the national alchemist. But remember, the military isn't all that good either, specially when it comes to the war with ishbal.
__________________
wnkryo is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 11:59   Link #7
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Schweden, ja!
Age: 25
The military is bad bad bad, but some people are nice.
He just like to generalize everyone into categories imo
Military=Kill
Homonculus=RUN bitch RUN!
__________________
Dansa med oss klappa era händer,gör som vi gör, ta några steg åt vänster nu är ni här med Karamelldansen
Fei-san is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 12:11   Link #8
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Schweden, ja!
Age: 25
Imagine the holy grail, but a stone there you have the philosophers stone
bleh sorry for double post Oo
and ffs wrong thread aaaaaaaaaah!!
__________________
Dansa med oss klappa era händer,gör som vi gör, ta några steg åt vänster nu är ni här med Karamelldansen
Fei-san is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 15:29   Link #9
nak
Squishy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In your pocket.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to nak
At first I couldn't stand him (and I still can't) but when I stopped to think about it I understood why he's doing what he's doing, but that doesn't mean I think it's right. It's wrong but he does have a valid point like everyone has presented in doing what he's doin in my opinion.

I wish he didn't
Spoiler:

Thats the point of fma where I just started abhoring Scar's guts. It wasn't his place to decide her fate.
nak is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 19:58   Link #10
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak
At first I couldn't stand him (and I still can't) but when I stopped to think about it I understood why he's doing what he's doing, but that doesn't mean I think it's right. It's wrong but he does have a valid point like everyone has presented in doing what he's doin in my opinion.

I wish he didn't
Spoiler:

Thats the point of fma where I just started abhoring Scar's guts. It wasn't his place to decide her fate.
I don't think it's a spoiler since that was shown a long time ago, but since you used tags...
Spoiler:
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 20:10   Link #11
Slade
Coordinated Insanity
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Between Good & Evil
Send a message via AIM to Slade
Although I don't necessary agree with Scar's methods... I believe he's an important presence in FMA. He's kinda the ultimate anti-alchemy person and he serves the purpose of reminding us that alchemy is not a 100% good thing. It's also a weapon of mass destruction that actually might be better off if it didn't exist. He's not killing everyone like a madman and without knowing the full story behind his arm, I don't think I can fully judge him. We'll see though...
__________________

In Remembrance - Founder of Sladism / Slade's Photobucket
Slade is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 20:52   Link #12
nak
Squishy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In your pocket.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I don't think it's a spoiler since that was shown a long time ago, but since you used tags...
Spoiler:
At least she wouldve been restored though. But we all know Ed's personality. He will do anything to regain life. Look at him now. He chooses to stay with his auto-mail and his brother is forced to stay in the armor body. His brother is in the same circumstance as Nina was. He can roll over and die right now out of the misery of being in a body that does not represent him at all, not be able to taste, feel, or cry.

And yet he chooses to suffer through all this after all this time because there is a glimmer of hope that he will be restored to the way he was. It just takes time and patience and not to mention -- perserverence. Same concept goes for Nina, like you said, few years research and all those years will eventually result in regaining her old self. If Scar did not do the thing he did, maybe Nina wouldve been added on the list of reasons why Ed must endure harder in order to obtain the Phil. Stone. Which would add more fuel to the story and give Ed more drive.
nak is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 20:54   Link #13
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
My only beef with that character is his crappy name...
__________________
Prince of Chronics is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 21:07   Link #14
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Burlington, VT USA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
My only beef with that character is his crappy name...
kind of reminds you of the Lion King, huh?
Vulkar is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 21:08   Link #15
nak
Squishy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In your pocket.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
kind of reminds you of the Lion King, huh?
Oh gawd I never thought of that..O_O
nak is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 21:45   Link #16
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak
At least she wouldve been restored though. But we all know Ed's personality. He will do anything to regain life. Look at him now. He chooses to stay with his auto-mail and his brother is forced to stay in the armor body. His brother is in the same circumstance as Nina was. He can roll over and die right now out of the misery of being in a body that does not represent him at all, not be able to taste, feel, or cry.

And yet he chooses to suffer through all this after all this time because there is a glimmer of hope that he will be restored to the way he was. It just takes time and patience and not to mention -- perserverence. Same concept goes for Nina, like you said, few years research and all those years will eventually result in regaining her old self. If Scar did not do the thing he did, maybe Nina wouldve been added on the list of reasons why Ed must endure harder in order to obtain the Phil. Stone. Which would add more fuel to the story and give Ed more drive.
Alphonse can inhabit any organic construct that Edward can create once Edward perfects the craft of human alchemy. His soul is still available for transfer intact (
Spoiler:
).

But the Nina/Alexander chimera? Whose soul is in that creature? Nina? Alexander? Two seperate entitites or now one? That is the just the tip of the iceberg of problems the alchemist trying to restore them to their own bodies would face.

So is it better to leave them as a chimera wandering around with identity crisis and retardation for time unknown just to satisfy your personal belief that you are able to restore them?

The better question is would Nina/Alexander want to exist in that state for that time and accept the consequences of the restoration attempt?

Sometimes the kindest thing to do is distasteful which was what Scar did. He did not kill Nina/Alexander because they are a bastardization of Ishuva's will. But rather he sees it as a release for them from a torturous existence as he knows no way out for them.

Nina/Alexander chimera incident was sad. But it is a reminder that mankind has an innate evil to twist all tools for gruesome selfish purposes.
Yebyosh is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 21:58   Link #17
nak
Squishy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In your pocket.
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Alphonse can inhabit any organic construct that Edward can create once Edward perfects the craft of human alchemy. His soul is still available for transfer intact (
Spoiler:
).

But the Nina/Alexander chimera? Whose soul is in that creature? Nina? Alexander? Two seperate entitites or now one? That is the just the tip of the iceberg of problems the alchemist trying to restore them to their own bodies would face.

So is it better to leave them as a chimera wandering around with identity crisis and retardation for time unknown just to satisfy your personal belief that you are able to restore them?

The better question is would Nina/Alexander want to exist in that state for that time and accept the consequences of the restoration attempt?

Sometimes the kindest thing to do is distasteful which was what Scar did. He did not kill Nina/Alexander because they are a bastardization of Ishuva's will. But rather he sees it as a release for them from a torturous existence as he knows no way out for them.

Nina/Alexander chimera incident was sad. But it is a reminder that mankind has an innate evil to twist all tools for gruesome selfish purposes.

I never said scar killed them because it was against his God's will. He did it out of pity. I never thought of the intertwining souls concept till now but who is to say what exactly is going on in that chimera's head? I assumed that Alexander's body was used and his soul was disregarded since when Ed first intereacted with it, Nina's voice came out, not the dog. Then again who is to say whos soul was in there to begin with since we had only seen a glimpse of the chimera in about a 2-3 minute span of the ep. Bottom line is, I always think there is a way out of something if you're willing to stick it out. The research they wouldve done and the possibility of a successful retransmutation of Nina wouldve benifitted them with great data if all went well. But theres no way to tell now. I still stick by the fact that Scar had no place to do what he did.

I wouldve at least felt better if it was Nina's choice to die. But I'm left in the dark with that one.
nak is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 22:21   Link #18
dot|hack
Flash Tech
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I really wonder if scar will ever help out the fma and in reverse..
dot|hack is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 22:28   Link #19
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowLady Send a message via MSN to ShadowLady
I don't like scar either. Too me he feels like a baddy who need to be defeated (or brought back to "good") before the regular storyline can go on. because I think (hope) lust and gluttony and whatever are more important
ShadowLady is offline  
Old 2004-02-11, 22:56   Link #20
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Burlington, VT USA
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
I like scar, but I agree Lust is much cooler. Scar is neat though because he is like the anti-Ed. Both have something special with their arms, both use alchemy, both lost their homes, and both are entangled in this philosopher's stone business.

<-----
Vulkar is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.