AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-19, 17:42   Link #501
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
why do you all say he's mocking her sword? maybe he just likes using two handers? what is he mocking her because she's a woman?

and Aria seemed a bit sexist when talkin trash to him. so far I like him more than Cecily and Aria. he's a true knight.

How did she sound sexist?

Going by his character l don't see him still being alive past episode 5....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
not to mention she "breaks" a tree twig .. not cut... break... and acts like she's superior to Luke when talkin about it.
No she wasn't.
Old 2009-10-19, 17:50   Link #502
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post

Yes, it's going to be hilarious if Cecily messes up and he dies protecting her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:52   Link #503
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It's always the guy's who talk the most sense to the main character that dies first.
Old 2009-10-19, 17:58   Link #504
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Yeah I can't see that guy lasting to the end of the series . Not that he didn't make some points but I really don't like him. At least he's capable when it comes to killing.
Old 2009-10-19, 18:07   Link #505
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, it's going to be hilarious if Cecily messes up and he dies protecting her.

Or better yet...it will be hilariiiiiiiiiiious when he faces a real demon similar to what luke faced and see him freeze out of fear and get killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah I can't see that guy lasting to the end of the series . Not that he didn't make some points but I really don't like him. At least he's capable when it comes to killing.
He finished off an injured enemy, call me not impressed. He seems to have some experience under his belt as a knight...so it's not like he has any reservation for killing an enemy. l'd like to see how he will react when he faces something like luke did.
Old 2009-10-19, 20:07   Link #506
scr
my sides are in orbit

It seems the knights are prepared to fight horrific foes (like, demons or zombies). It's not like they don't know the history of the world. Any military institution worth their salt will teach their members the experience gained from previous wars, including the way to fight monsters. Furthermore, that ominous mountain... sooner or later they will clash with whatever horrors lair there.

What i'm concerned about is our little Miss Cambell. The other knights are career soldiers, trained in war academy and undergo rigorous life. What about her? Since she's a noble, it's more likely that she has near-zero training before knighted. She get to be a knight since it's the duty of every Cambell, whether she is worth it or not. Unless she have some sort of talent inherent in her blood, i can see how one day she'll engage in a battle she can't survive. That battle won't be very far from now.

... I think i'm too harsh on Cecilly.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 20:13   Link #507
Xacual

My feeling on Cecily is probably a month ago before her Father's death she was probably not even thinking about being knighted or anything. After his death now she feels its her filial duty so I can cut her some slack because she has only been on the job a month. The main thing that I feel is crucial is her development, if it does or doesn't happen, then I'll be annoyed.
Old 2009-10-19, 20:19   Link #508
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
My feeling on Cecily is probably a month ago before her Father's death she was probably not even thinking about being knighted or anything. After his death now she feels its her filial duty so I can cut her some slack because she has only been on the job a month. The main thing that I feel is crucial is her development, if it does or doesn't happen, then I'll be annoyed.
She definitely jumped right into it without thinking about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she did some typical girl thing day in and day out.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 00:46   Link #509
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
It seems the knights are prepared to fight horrific foes (like, demons or zombies). It's not like they don't know the history of the world. Any military institution worth their salt will teach their members the experience gained from previous wars, including the way to fight monsters. Furthermore, that ominous mountain... sooner or later they will clash with whatever horrors lair there.

What i'm concerned about is our little Miss Cambell. The other knights are career soldiers, trained in war academy and undergo rigorous life. What about her? Since she's a noble, it's more likely that she has near-zero training before knighted. She get to be a knight since it's the duty of every Cambell, whether she is worth it or not. Unless she have some sort of talent inherent in her blood, i can see how one day she'll engage in a battle she can't survive. That battle won't be very far from now.

... I think i'm too harsh on Cecilly.
I'd cut her all the slack she wants if she was aware of her limits. Instead of having a big mouth and endangering herself and others without having the resolve to fight.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 02:26   Link #510
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:

He finished off an injured enemy, call me not impressed. He seems to have some experience under his belt as a knight...so it's not like he has any reservation for killing an enemy. l'd like to see how he will react when he faces something like luke did.
yea? Honestly, I think you're mixing up him with Cecily... I'm pretty sure he could have taken down 3 of those things in a swing easy.

I'd rather put him incharge of protecting someone way before cecily until she gets her crap together. "Oh, he's a jerk to the female MC" So what? that instantly gives him a early on death? for all you guys know he can survive the whole series and or when Cecily grows some guts he might respect her more. I hope something like this happens

*gets stabbed badly by enemy because of trying to help cecily and her lack of the will to kill and says* "See what you made me do?"

and then she finaly grows some guts
Old 2009-10-20, 03:35   Link #511
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Chances are he killed plenty of enemies off screen during the attack.
Old 2009-10-20, 05:46   Link #512
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Mr. Big Shot does have a point you know. Whether or not he enjoys the bloodlust isn't the issue here, it's how prepared you are to take another life if the situation demands it. War and combat is an exchange of lives, and it all boils down to whoever is willing to kill another human being for a goal he or she considers worthy of bloodying your hands over.

You can sugarcoat it all you want but Cecily's weakness is clear: she claims to want to protect people, but when it came down to it she was unable to do what was needed of her. The point of the issue is that it's not the enjoyment of killing or some such, it's whether you're willing to kill someone if you have to.

And wasn't it made clear that the infected people aren't really people and alive anymore? Their brains were eaten so the worms technically have total control. It may look human but the "human" inside is already dead.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 07:17   Link #513
Slick_rick

While I don't deny there is truth in what he said there is equal truth in what she said. Lets not forget Aria is a sword and so saying that swords are only for murder is an extremely rude statement as well as untrue. Whether he was trying to help her is debatable but the way he did it certainly didn't do any good except for making him come off as being high-handed.

Cecily is certainly not perfect but that's why I like her. She stands up for her ideals and even if makes mistakes as long as she moving forward and growing I can't dislike her. It is much easier for a person to abandon their ideals once they come face to face with reality. War and death might be the reality of things but those who accept them as the only way are bound to an unchanging cycle. We might never be able to escape that cycle but if everyone just accepts it as the only way then we're certainly never to change it. Once a woman's only purpose in life was to give birth to children and take care of the house of her husband. That was the reality of things but it changed didn't it? There were those who had it in them to deny that reality and push forward with there ideals. Now that reality is quite different.

This type of story element is fairly prevalent, Eureka Seven, Ga-rei Zero for example (different outcomes there), so I don't really see where all the hate is coming from. Honestly it might have more to do with somes dislike of Cecily's blunt personality. I have never found her overbearing in the least. She stands up for what she believes in and that's an admirable quality. She has a lot of room for growth and I liked to see how she turns out. How does she chose to employ her sword? Will she use her sword to protect people by killing others or will she find another way? I'd like to see how it turn outs.
Old 2009-10-20, 07:41   Link #514
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Whether or not Mr Big Shot was right, I think he had different reasons for giving Cecily flak when we first saw him. Maybe he was just a commoner that had to work his ass off and endure pain to get where he was and was pissed off that a weak girl Cecily would get to the same position simply because of her lineage. I would be pretty damn pissed off too. Though that's still no excuse.
Old 2009-10-20, 08:42   Link #515
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im actually happy ep 3 ended the way it did. I thought it was a touch to show Cecily's innocence. One thing all soldiers must go through is the feelings associated with their first kill and in Cecilys case it can be a bit more gruesome given that you are in the persons face. She wants to protect life but that role sometimes requires you to take it granted the guy was already dead. I dont think her comrade should have called her a coward but i do understand his feelings. Because of her inaction she could have gotten herself and someone else namely one of her fellow Knights killed. There is nothing wrong with showing compassion its just sometimes it can be a hindrance. The upside is she showed Aria that a Knight can do more than just kill, that a Knight does not have to be blood thirsty and a knight can feel remorse for taking a life. I believe this experience will strengthen her mentally and force her to grow as a character. Im still afraid they are going to power her up instantly and not develop her sword skills im praying that does not happen because it will ruin the series somewhat for me.

Im surprised at how long it too for Aria to transform however so far i like what i see she seems playful but with sad eyes. I want Cecily to realize its not the weapon that makes the warrior. The weapon is an extension of the warrior and his/her beliefs.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:26   Link #516
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

There is always one thing that is taught in EVERY form of swordfighting, and it is that the sword is nothing more than an extension of your own hand. What Aria actually wanted to share with Cecily is that she is the latter's tool (sexual pun unintended) to protect her beliefs.

What does Lisa mean to Luke? We can see that she isn't human (elven), and there has got to be something more than her being a catalyst to speed-forge a "katanah" (or how Lisa pronounces it).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 09:46   Link #517
LKK

Does anyone else wonder about this? In ep 2, when the city leader and the head of the knights discuss the attack on the caravan "carrying" the sword, the city leader says something like "They've met already?". The head knight acknowledges that they have. "They" in this case mean Luke and Cecily. I think that is an odd conversation. Why would the city leader expect Luke and Cecily to meet? Sure, they have related professions, but that doesn't seem to explain his interest. It's almost as if he and the head knight were expecting them to meet someday. His surprise wasn't that they had met at all but rather that they had met so soon.

I wonder if this is an indication that Luke and Cecily have some past familial connection that neither is aware of yet. Or perhaps they have some prophesized future together? Could this explain why Cecily was given the job of protecting Aria beyond the stated reason that they're both female?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:11   Link #518
scr
my sides are in orbit

Considering you guys are in high spirit over Seiken no Blacksmith, how about filling the entry for The Sacred Blacksmith on tvtropes.org? Three episodes and 26 pages already (certain posts are DEEP) ... i can see this going to become a dark horse this season.

Fall season never fail to produce a dark horse...

(no, this is not an advertisement for tvtropes)
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 10:12   Link #519
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Isn't it only tropers that can edit it?
Old 2009-10-20, 10:25   Link #520
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
It's not your job to die for your country. It's your job to make the enemy die for his.

She should become a bread maker, or a waitress at a restaurant. A soldier isn't in her make-up.

Swords were made to kill. Even when used to protect someone, they will be used in that same instance, to kill another. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Not when innocent lives are at stake. Someone has to die, and it might as well be the bad guy.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, announcements, fantasy, information, rumors, season 2, shounen