AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-10, 00:28   Link #901
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I wonder if luke's assistant is also a demon sword
I don't think so, but she's definitely not a normal human. She looks like a rather stereotypical elf, but I don't know if such things exist in this universe. Perhaps she's some sort of elemental spirit.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 00:32   Link #902
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
haha, amazing how Luke managed to fight off a Demon sword. Imagine how much stronger he can be if he uses Aria instead of Cecily? I'm still unclear of Cecily in the entire scheme of the plot. She's so useless!
You already hold the answer. Cecily WAS useless in the beginning, but now it is she who wields the demon sword, not Luke, it is she who's loved by Aria. Now she is the force to be reckoned with.
__________________
Oversized signature, meet underfed bunnies.
Natsuru:
- This cake is great. But I don't think I could eat the rest of it by myself.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 00:38   Link #903
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast
shit. give cecily but after ep 6 she really impressed me. with only the little battle experience she has she was able to hold of three other fighters and two of them had demon swords and one had the balls dagger which cancled the demon swirds power. personally i think she did very well for herself and showed that she does have some potential.
The reason why I'm not too impressed with Cecily is because she powers up by holding a powerful sword! She can't beat the other Demon Sword fighters (even if it's one-on-one) without using some powerful weapon. Luke's different in that he really has the skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I feel for Cecily. She gets chased down by 3 demon sword wielders and has to fight with everything she has. Luke gets a loser for an opponent to warm up with. Then he is able to sneak up on the other three with their guards down and thus smoke them before they can even know what hit them. Just no luck on Cecily's side. At least she put up a great fight considering what she was up against. Not to mention having to jump between opponents with different abilities.
Luke fought off the first Demon Sword purely by his superior skill in using a Katana. As for the second fight.... I doubt he can fight off all three people holding Demon Swords. First, his Katana can only make one hit, and second, those three girls held back because they saw him taking the Princess hostage.
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 00:48   Link #904
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Luke fought off the first Demon Sword purely by his superior skill in using a Katana. As for the second fight.... I doubt he can fight off all three people holding Demon Swords. First, his Katana can only make one hit, and second, those three girls held back because they saw him taking the Princess hostage.
Well true he had superior skill in the first fight. But let's face it the Princess sucked . She could barely hold the thing and freaked out after her first attack failed. With the second group I think it was more surprise and shock than holding back. They weren't prepared for a fight, were surprised to see their Princess in such a state and then were hit with an attack they didn't expect.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 04:43   Link #905
xKeen
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Malaysia
Up till here,seems like all the demon swords are owned by girls =l
Didn't really enjoy the latest episode,but the testicle sword and Luke's grin made me smile a bit.
__________________

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 05:53   Link #906
GarethXL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
maken are basically demons in in a sword form
Spoiler:
__________________
GarethXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 06:19   Link #907
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for pretender hot chick boobies, hides the robot inside:
Nice image.

That reminds of what a good laugh I got when I saw the gg fansub site list episode 6 as "Sacred Boobsmith."

And it just occurred to me that the leggings on Cecily's armor is just a variation on loose socks.
__________________
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 14:58   Link #908
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Once again we had the opportunity to watch Cecily get tossed around. However i did notice how she was a tad bit better in this fight and did not hesitate it was probably because she was protecting Aria. However she still needs more training and the announcing of her family name needs to end sooner rather than later, If I were an enemy i would just attack while shes doing her intro lol. Also the other 4 also had demon swords so this fight was not exactly fair 3 experienced fighting with 3 demon swords taken on 1 but it didnt matter because in the end they all got their asses kicked by Luke with one swing of his Katana for some reason when burst on the scene he looked a little agitated than usual. So i guess we a couple of new characters hanging around and we learn that the princess goal is not entirely selfish.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 16:37   Link #909
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Interesting... Cecily is tsundere for Luke and yandere for Aria... only with the yandere side being a purely protective one that wouldn't ever hurt Aria.

This makes for an intriguing half-het/half-yuri love triangle. I loved the scene of Aria blushing and being visibly touched by Cecily's strong words on Aria's behalf.

The action scenes in Episode 6 were great. Nicely rendered fight.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:23   Link #910
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Once again we had the opportunity to watch Cecily get tossed around. However i did notice how she was a tad bit better in this fight and did not hesitate it was probably because she was protecting Aria. However she still needs more training and the announcing of her family name needs to end sooner rather than later, If I were an enemy i would just attack while shes doing her intro lol. Also the other 4 also had demon swords so this fight was not exactly fair 3 experienced fighting with 3 demon swords taken on 1 but it didnt matter because in the end they all got their asses kicked by Luke with one swing of his Katana for some reason when burst on the scene he looked a little agitated than usual. So i guess we a couple of new characters hanging around and we learn that the princess goal is not entirely selfish.
The fight... I dunno. The three got introduced as reasonably competent warriors who could toss Cecily around easily enough. And then, Cecily gets Aria in her hands, and they forget how to fight or something so Aria could look so much more impressive (because honestly, her power alone wasn't doing it. It's not bad, but all the demon swords can do funky stuff).

It's true Cecily was much better than before, but she's still got lots to work on:
- "it's unfair". What the hell? I can't believe that worked.
- all that standing around talking.
- If you've got some objection to using Aria, please don't change your mind so easily. Or just give in from the start and admit you're going to use her whenever you're in a pinch. No shame in that.
- Where did that arrogance come from? "Even though my skills are nothing to write home about, my Demon Sword is better than you Demon Swords"? While arguably true (and even that is doubtful. As I said, they can all do stuff. Aria may be marginally stronger, but that's not something that'd make me feel all that invincible.), it's really rather pathetic to boast about that.

Still, I'll give her points for realizing that sword fights were potentially lethal, and going through with it anyway.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:37   Link #911
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Does anyone else wonder why the princess wanted Luke in addition to Aria?
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:39   Link #912
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Does anyone else wonder why the princess wanted Luke in addition to Aria?
I do, though i knew it would probably be explained in coming episodes, so i'm not that bothered about it.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 17:56   Link #913
Tangowr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
The most current episode in manga form...

Cecily vs. Idiot trio..
__________________
Tangowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 18:03   Link #914
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Does anyone else wonder why the princess wanted Luke in addition to Aria?
It better not be something like joining all the demon swords together and having Luke forge the Ultimate Demon sword or something. Im wondering if she wants him to do something with that dagger she has. As was shown in this episode demons blades dont exactly have to be a sword one of the 3 warriors has dagger.

Anh_Minh
I agree the three did look like competent fighters from the start but quickly failed. Im glad you caught the "its not fair" bit that was BS. They had a mission to accomplish and could have done it if they would have worked together. I all assumed any type of magical weapon especially a sword is really only as powerful as it wielder. A weapon can have infinite potential but if the wielder has no talent or is untrained they can be beat by a competent opponent rendering the weapon useless.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 18:10   Link #915
Ansalem
Speaker
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Does anyone else wonder why the princess wanted Luke in addition to Aria?
He seems to be sort of famous as far as blacksmiths go, so presumably she wants him to forge something. I'm sure we'll find out soon.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 20:53   Link #916
Tangowr
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Does anyone else wonder why the princess wanted Luke in addition to Aria?
It's going to be explained in the next episode or the one after looking at the rate the episode is going.

Vol.2 should be finished in 2~3 episode, then it's on to vol.3 and Sigfried, Luke's past, what is the "Sacred" Blacksmith, and the different factions.
__________________
Tangowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:15   Link #917
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowr View Post
The most current episode in manga form...

Cecily vs. Idiot trio..
Spoiler:
Why would they cut that out? That is a pretty good one. *sigh*
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:38   Link #918
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Why would they cut that out? That is a pretty good one. *sigh*
It is a bit surprising considering the habit of using Cecily's breasts in jokes whenever possible. Guess they wanted to make that situation as serious as possible. I'm sure they'll work something like that in eventually. Cecily may have lost the fight but she beat them in one area .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 21:58   Link #919
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It is a bit surprising considering the habit of using Cecily's breasts in jokes whenever possible. Guess they wanted to make that situation as serious as possible. I'm sure they'll work something like that in eventually. Cecily may have lost the fight but she beat them in one area .
yeah but the part of the fight that she won in she would beat anybody. im sure she could even beat luke in a fight as well. all she would have to do is flash her chesticles and while he is stunned attack. they are her other secret weapons other than Aria.
__________________
Full Metal Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 22:18   Link #920
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
yeah but the part of the fight that she won in she would beat anybody. im sure she could even beat luke in a fight as well. all she would have to do is flash her chesticles and while he is stunned attack. they are her other secret weapons other than Aria.
Aria even appreciates the attack properties they have . At least on top of being very comfortable pillows.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, announcements, fantasy, information, rumors, season 2, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.