AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-28, 03:01   Link #421
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I'm not at all surprised that Teito is #1, although Hakuren's position amuses me. I bet people who voted for him were manga people.

Now, though, I wonder how his position will change in the next poll....
Old 2009-06-28, 09:30   Link #422
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heck I'm surprised that Ayami got fourth. I know he's the main baddie and such, but he hasn't been doing anything worth getting fans for!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 07:04   Link #423
KimmyChan

I have the first episode of this saved under my Favourites on YouTube...It looks really good
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 11:44   Link #424
PreSage
Ah nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Heck I'm surprised that Ayami got fourth. I know he's the main baddie and such, but he hasn't been doing anything worth getting fans for!
LOL. He just has to be bada$$ and good-looking for the fan(girls) to flock to him.

Plus, the way he killed Mikage off probably gave him high marks in the Bad Guys Score book.
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 11:50   Link #425
KimmyChan

I must get around to watching the first episode soon & finding out more about this series
Old 2009-06-29, 17:34   Link #426
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
LOL. He just has to be bada$$ and good-looking for the fan(girls) to flock to him.

Plus, the way he killed Mikage off probably gave him high marks in the Bad Guys Score book.
Oh yeah, forgot that little detail... although he still doesn't appear badass to me, a little too flat and stereotypical actually. Kinda funny that the manga gives back story on some of his assistants but not on the main baddie himself...
Old 2009-06-29, 21:40   Link #427
PreSage
Ah nuts!

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot that little detail... although he still doesn't appear badass to me, a little too flat and stereotypical actually. Kinda funny that the manga gives back story on some of his assistants but not on the main baddie himself...
Oh he'll be quite an opponent when he decides to fight, I'm sure, considering how powerful he's suggested to be so far. But I do agree, he is stereotypical.

Well, considering who he is, giving any backdrop to him will probably spoil the whole story. I'm sure his background will be the last to be revealed - it's probably tied to Teito's, so as we begin to see Teito's, we'll also see Aya-tan's.
---------------
Old 2009-06-30, 10:11   Link #428
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Well, considering who he is, giving any backdrop to him will probably spoil the whole story. I'm sure his background will be the last to be revealed - it's probably tied to Teito's, so as we begin to see Teito's, we'll also see Aya-tan's.
Wait, have you read the manga or not? I know it's not a manga discussion thread but that's not quite right...
Old 2009-06-30, 12:24   Link #429
KimmyChan

The animation looks absolutely stunning, as it can also be watched in HQ on YouTube

(Or anywhere else online that has the HQ initials)
Old 2009-06-30, 18:35   Link #430
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author

Im trying to catch up in this...

just watched 4-7 and though the underlying storyline is decent Im kinda getting bored with this whole, Kor attacks Teito, Frau saves him, Aya-tan looks menacing... can we get something new yet?? Im on 8 so hopefully will see what Mikage chooses though I already know what he does and what happens But I digress...
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 21:19   Link #431
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yeah, there are a few fillers early on, I think in the manga that Tetio gets attacked by a Kor once and then Mikage shows up and he has (in his mind) already made his decision.
Old 2009-06-30, 22:05   Link #432
PreSage
Ah nuts!

Quote:
Wait, have you read the manga or not? I know it's not a manga discussion thread but that's not quite right...
I am reading the manga (to the most current scanlation that is)...and, no, it's not meant to be exact since I'm skirting around the spoilers XD. But in what part do you mean 'not quite right?' (PM me if it's a manga spoiler).

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im trying to catch up in this...

just watched 4-7 and though the underlying storyline is decent Im kinda getting bored with this whole, Kor attacks Teito, Frau saves him, Aya-tan looks menacing... can we get something new yet?? Im on 8 so hopefully will see what Mikage chooses though I already know what he does and what happens But I digress...
The anime does drag the whole Mikage arc out quite a bit. Hopefully it will pick the pace up now.
---------------
Old 2009-07-01, 06:04   Link #433
blewin

Quote:

The anime does drag the whole Mikage arc out quite a bit. Hopefully it will pick the pace up now.
Maybe in the last few episodes... it looks like it'll drag out the Hakuren/Teito friendship arc too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 17:01   Link #434
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
I am reading the manga (to the most current scanlation that is)...and, no, it's not meant to be exact since I'm skirting around the spoilers XD. But in what part do you mean 'not quite right?' (PM me if it's a manga spoiler).
No I was just saying that we still don't know anything about Ayami but quite bit more about Tetio now.
Speaking of knowing more about Tetio, I don't remember the first flashback (I'm talking about episode 13 now) in the manga. I guess they're trying to stick more of Tetio's past earlier into the story, which is a good idea. Otherwise (if the anime gets far enough) there will be episodes and episodes of nothing but flashbacks.
Old 2009-07-02, 13:23   Link #435
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I personally do not mind them dragging out Hakuren and Teito's friendship arc. I want more screentime for my OTP, I waited this long for it afterall.

As for this episode:

Spoiler for ep 13:
Old 2009-07-02, 17:49   Link #436
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yup, Tetio definitely questions why the church's reasons for keeping him there in the manga. Actually, I like how they have expanded on Tetio's relationship with both Mikage and Hakuren. I guess that's a luxury you get when it's a once a week show instead of a once a month manga.
Old 2009-07-02, 23:58   Link #437
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Ah, thank you Wandering, XD. Indeed, it is nice.
Old 2009-07-03, 21:07   Link #438
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Haru meeting Frau = top ten best 07-ghost moments to date -- oh, yeah!

And man, I gotta give major props to Dattebayo for the job they are doing. Their releases are fast without sacrificing quality -- I am so damn glad they picked up this series.

I was just on their website and read this:

Quote:
Breaking Dattebayo's zero-failure policy earlier this morning, Dattebayo has released unsynched audio/video version of Ghost 05. Following this event, a number of users have joined in #db irc channel and spewed out demands like they are entitled to receiving quality programming from Dattebayo. Here's an example of one such user:

01:24 <shallowpro> db's always sucked but never this bad
01:27 <shallowpro> anyway this is the worst release ever proves that db is worthless
01:27 <shallowpro> how can u even release this fucking garbage
01:33 <shallowpro> its like 10 sec off
01:33 <shallowpro> piece of shit
01:37 <shallowpro> go to db's website it's like the most hilarious and pathetic fansub site in history
01:38 <word> shallowpro: what compared to the flashridden phpbb-based shitstorms of other fansubs?
01:39 <shallowpro> they probably finished their horrible job on 05
01:39 <shallowpro> watched the first 2 seconds and said duh looks good
01:39 <shallowpro> then went to sleep cause they have school in the morning
01:41 <shallowpro> its garbage believ me
01:49 <shallowpro> anyway
01:49 <shallowpro> get a fucking qc in ur shitty group and stop releasing garbage
I was cracking up, LOL, the nerve of some people -- it's ridiculous but DB's biting sarcasm heals all wounds.

Last edited by MikaMiaka; 2009-07-03 at 21:21.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 00:47   Link #439
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

I watch mine through Last Impressions Fansubs. I've never trusted Dattebayo same way I don't trust Yuurisan-Subs. Subbing groups, even speed-subbing groups, should always have a QC of some kind.
Old 2009-07-04, 13:31   Link #440
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I'm sure they have QC's. I just don't think people should shit all over fansubbers as if they are entitled to a free service.

And, just out of curiosity, why don't you trust DB? I don't understand too much Japanese at this point (though I am self-educating with the help of Pimsleur) so I cannot vouch for the quality of their translations -- but I can say that their speed and their use of the English language do not leave me with a bad impression.

Last edited by MikaMiaka; 2009-07-04 at 13:50.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy