AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 48 47.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 41.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 6.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 15:04   Link #41
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

Really good episode but damn I know I'm going to be in one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride next week.
Old 2009-01-23, 15:42   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Please remember, NO spoilers! As clearly stated in the opening post of episode discussion threads, you may not post spoilers of any sort. Even if you are just speculating, then this thread is the wrong place to do so when it comes to spoilers.

If you want to speculate, fine, but please use one of the Speculation threads. Only post in the episode discussion threads if you want to discuss the actual episode!

Please read the Spoiler Policy.
Old 2009-01-23, 16:28   Link #43
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Wish I would have known that, just discussing on how this episode made me feel and what might come in the next one seeing the preview and all. I loved this one, very happy feel on the beach at the end at least.
Old 2009-01-23, 16:38   Link #44
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
People, people, rmemeber to control yourselves and avoid future event spoilers.

@Mecha_Trueno et al

Just having a pair of lines in the preview is not enough guarantee to appearing in the next episode. Rather, take what they said in context. That's what I did at least.
Really? But haven't the lines in the previews ALWAYS been direct quotes from the next episode?

btw, I haven't played the game so I have no idea what's coming ahead. Therefore the only spoilers I can give is content from the episode before the subs are released.

As for future events, I'm still wondering if something crazy is gonna happen and Ryou becomes a tsundere (look at the ED, she's wearing the over-knee socks)

禁則事項です
Old 2009-01-23, 16:38   Link #45
Vegard Aune

I honestly think this was the closest I've come to actually crying while watching anime... EVER. Once again, this series manages to completely exceed my already sky-high expectations, and if this goes on, the rating 10/10 might end up becoming an understatement for how utterly amazing this show is. The episode gets a 10/10 from me, and depending on next week's episode, I just might bump up the actual show's rating to that too.

And the ending is still a huge annoyance amidst this perfection. I pretty much skip it every single time now.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-01-24 at 14:10. Reason: quote and fansub group mention removed
Old 2009-01-23, 19:36   Link #46
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Is anyone else wondering how they are going to stretch the rest of the series for 8-10 episodes?
Old 2009-01-23, 19:41   Link #47
Divini
Senpai!

The scene on the beach with Nagisa and Tomoya making a promise, for the 3 to go to the beach together next year was soooo....

very very..... heartbreaking

It's as if the couple knows that they can't fulfill their promise, yet they fight on desperately, clinging on to a thread of hope...

T_T
Old 2009-01-23, 20:48   Link #48
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Is anyone else wondering how they are going to stretch the rest of the series for 8-10 episodes?
dont worry lol theres enough
Old 2009-01-23, 21:13   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Promises. Freaking promises. You want to hope they can keep it, but that nagging voice og gaming experience tells you otherwise.

Blargh.

----------------

Most of the professors at medical school are OB-Gyns, and they always said that no matter how routine or everyday deliveries are, it's almost always a terrifiying ordeal, so much so for the doctors. People give birth everyday, yet for a commonplace event, the statistics are almost scary. Birth is almost always considered a major surgery that requires an absolute amount of paitence, preparation and skill. One of said professors is the top deliverying OB in the hospital yet she admits that everytime she delivers a child, she's nervous and has to take some time to calm her nerves.

One can only imagine how hard it is for the mother. With complications like Placenta previa, ectopic pregnancies and Caesarian sections and the like, we men cannot accurately comprehend what childbirth is like.

Morning sickness. A complication due to the metabolic stress and imbalance placed upon the mother as the fetus siphons nutrients. A commonplace event for all pregnancies. Supplements like vitamins and iron are usually given to an expectant mother in the first trimester. Watching Nagisa lie on the futon struggling with the symptoms harks back to the day when she used to be sick all the time, but now it's for a much more serious reason. I'm actually wondering why he's not giving her supplements but... well...

Giving birth at home really isn't as foreign an event as everyone may think. As the show has said, the most important aspect for safe delivery is not all the machines and tubes and cables, but for the mother's (and therefore baby's) relaxed state, and where else can you do that than at home? Sure enough Nagisa isn't as healthy as everyone else, but she needs to be as relaxed as possible. Yagi-san as the midwife will be there after all, and they are trained for home deliveries.

But still... freaking flags...

"But even if something were to happen to me..."

FFS Nagisa! Don't freaking say that! He may smile, but we know that Tomoya is wracked with worry as it is. Father's I hear tend to get paranoid in situations like this, but for Tomoya it gets further amplified.

"Dango Daikazoku!"

First cry point of the episode. Derived from Nagisa's theme, it is a beautiful song in it's own right. They sit together as a family talking about the baby as Nagisa slowly starts to sing. Tomoya used to hate that song, but now he sings along with the family. The rest of the song kicks in. Dango Daikazoku. The song of a big familiy's happiness, the hope of every family. Aristotle and Plato pretty much had it right. This has been something every character has been trying to reach since that day on the bottom of the hill. Happiness is the ultimate goal of ever human being.

Much more, however, is someone to share this happiness with...

"I had a premonition." "Because you're protecting me Tomoya-kun..."

Cry point two. If they can't make it any more obvious just how bad her health is, then you need to get your brain checked. The downward spiral begins here. The lines beneath Tomoya's lower eyelids is a sign of how much worry and stress he's coping with. He copes with it gladly, but as he says so himself, he already has premonitions and feelings of dread for the events to come.

So as for the idea of abortion... well I'll not get into a moral and ethical considerations of this issue. What they speak of is therapeutic abortion, aborting the fetus as it's presence and delivery poses a life-threatening risk to the mother. Don't think of such as easy, even the healthiest of mothers have died on the delivery table. Delivery is never a sure-shot affair. Considering that she isn't the healthiest of mothers, this is one of the situations where I would agree that abortion is a valid option...

And Nagisa would have none of that. Maybe she's foolish, maybe she's brave, but she is strong. She replies without hesitation that she wants to deliver their child no matter what. Ever so slowly we see Tomoya falling into the pits of despair. Fear, worry, anxiety all mix together as the life of the one he loves hangs in the balance. What was once supposed to be a moment of joy transfigures into a moment of dread and terror.

"This is my secret place."

Cry point number three.

And so the tale of the past continues. I think the title of this track is "Last Regrets" but I'm not sure. Akio, in his moment of despair, brings the dying Nagisa to his secret place, praying to the silent God for a miracle. As the sunrise comes, the silent God grants his miracle. The one of many, I hope.

"We're family. We help each other out."

By nature of the family's bonds, only they can help you in times of crisis. By virtue of this statement and even by this statement alone, I hereby name Akio the most awesome anime father EVAR.

"How about Ushio?"

Cry point number four. Honestly I don't think I ever wept this much, or maybe as much as Tomoya punching the wall.

At least, now we can say her name without the threat of the banhammer heh.

Ushio, the waves of the water upon the beach. Nagisa means the beach more or less. I leave the interpretation of naming symbolism to you. Even though Nagisa explained why she wanted that name, I think it means much more than what he said. Even though I played the game I still can't find the deeper meaning behind the naming, though I'm sure it's there somewhere.

"Let's go to the beach together next year. Three of us. Promise me."

I pretty much broke down at this point. Not by the words, but by that which KyotoAni has already masterd: body language. One clearly sees the heartbreaking mix of joy and sadness in their faces as they made their promises. Tomoya has a bit more sadness in his face while Nagisa has a bit more joy. Emotions run deep and it overflows as only the human face can express. That is the beauty of this scene.

And so they promise to one another that they'll go to the beach together, not just two, but three. Mother, Father and Child.

"The White Darkness"

And so comes the preview for the central event of Clannad. Every Clannad gamer as so far dreaded the coming of this episode. I can definitely be sure that KyotoAni will be giving us the event that is a requirement for everyone who plays the game, even if it rends the human heart in ways rarely seen anywhere else.

The symbolism of the Illusionary world comes 2/3 of the way here. As Kotomi and Ryou have already suggested, there may very well be an alternate world out there, full of sadness and despair.

Yet, only in this world, will your miracle be granted. To be granted this miracle, one must feel the sadness of life alongside its joys. One needs to learn about family, its ups and downs, its triumphs and failures, and its gains and its losses. Maybe then, and only maybe, will the miracle this small family of three be granted,

As for the White Darkness... well I think I know what it points to by now. We'll just have to see it with our own eyes. Or should I say, with their eyes.

---------------

Time to steal myself for the next episode. Thank god it's after exams though...
Old 2009-01-23, 22:34   Link #50
MissInformed

I don't want to be an idiot, but it seems the only other place to speculate is the spoilers and speculation thread. And not everyone wants to risk subjecting themselves to spoilers, so best to stay out of that one. I just took for granted that that was the only speculation thread until I've seen a few things alluding to some other speculation thread for non-gamers? Well I looked and looked for such a thread, and I'm not seeing one. So if there is one, please kindly direct me to that one. Otherwise, unless there's going to be a new thread for non-gamers (should I go suggest/request it?), people will probably keep doing it here b/c they don't want to go to the spoilerish thread.

I'm not a gamer, but I spoiled myself a long time ago. So I've just been avoiding talking about it altogether. I don't post much anyway. But anyway. Sorry to be an idiot and go kind of off-topic. Mods can delete this if they want.
Old 2009-01-23, 22:46   Link #51
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
this thread, Clannad - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) but it seems it became quite unpopular over time.
Old 2009-01-24, 02:48   Link #52
kim8268

I am stating to hate clannad this time Dam The End Is near I guess I was hoping for a great ending seems like kyoto animation is following a chart of (Good end(Every Body happy) and Bad End(somebody died))2X on thier romantic drama anime. But I guess its fine I gonna witness yet another legend in the world of romantic drama anime
Old 2009-01-24, 03:03   Link #53
acr429

if this ends like the movie I 'm gonna need a new monitor
Old 2009-01-24, 03:14   Link #54
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Well the price has come down of late....
Old 2009-01-24, 03:58   Link #55
RandomFlameStrike

The end scene was awesome, but I'm a little sad that they skipped Sanae's, Akio's, and the rest of Yoshino's route... Judging by the preview and foreshadowing ... gah I'm probably going to need tissues next time. Still I hope they will go with the "True end" after some events.
Old 2009-01-24, 04:14   Link #56
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

It's been predicted since the 2nd season was announced. This wont end well. I'm investing in Kleenex in preparation for next week.
Old 2009-01-24, 05:12   Link #57
SnackPacs
As Expected of 2chan

Guess I'll save my views other than this:

I'd been tearing up for most of the episode, but it wasn't until the promise talk that I 'really' started crying...

...Well then, better be ready next friday. Gonna set aside at least an hour timeframe for the episode... And plenty of time for post episode crying and whatnot. Warn the family members there will be sobbing, etc.

I just hope SS & Eclipse will make sure to get it out on friday next week. But with that damn white album, not criticizing the show, more just annoyed ANOTHER drama going on at the same time, will probably get in the way AGAIN.
Old 2009-01-24, 05:32   Link #58
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That is if the subbers aren't too busy crying as well I suppose.
Which I assume is why the last few subbed episodes from them have been late a while.
Old 2009-01-24, 05:32   Link #59
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Ushio Arc and probably the Sanae/Akio arcs.
Old 2009-01-24, 05:37   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And don't forget "that other guy".

I think we still need him, we're at least 1 character short to get all the you-know-whats.
Closed Thread