AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 48 47.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 41.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 6.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-24, 22:34   Link #81
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Well it's obvious Tomoya is Nagisa's b****
I have been thinking this to, but If you DO love a girl, you will put anything down for her right? Too bad anime girls and real girls are very different, Women in real life tend to be, how do I say it, B****ier...
Old 2009-01-24, 23:55   Link #82
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The character art in this episode was subpar. The close ups were fine, but everytime they went for something further away, the art lacked detail and the features were off.

Two comments about this ep. The first is that they've set up a very dramatic situation, yet they've managed to make it so clear what choices each of the characters have made. The second is that they've really put a lot of emphasis on the similarities between what Tomoya and Nagisa are facing and the challenges that Akio and Sanae went through before them. In that respect, it's a story filled with patterns.
Old 2009-01-25, 01:20   Link #83
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

I somehow got FLCL vibes from the kids playing baseball...

All in all, great episode. 10/10 from me.
Old 2009-01-25, 03:17   Link #84
Hao

Pretty good episode, the family singing the Dango song was pretty cute lol.

That's all I've got to say. 10/10 for me~
Old 2009-01-25, 03:24   Link #85
Ithekro
Space Battleship

I'd be Rena....I mean Nagisa's b****.
Old 2009-01-25, 04:18   Link #86
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio View Post
1. Is it so hard to believe that their relationship just happens to be like that? Degrading Tomoya's love by calling him "Nagisa's b****," imo, is pretty unnecessary.
2. I think saying this once is enough to begin with.

Had to say that so I registered. Might as well post my thoughts while I'm here.

I loved this episode. Like everyone else, I'm bracing myself for 16. I mean, I cried enough in this one. @__@;
There's love and there's something called intelligence. She's like how old? And he's been giving her everything she wants even if it may kill her? yeah.....and thanks for giving me a negative rep.

Okay people. True he loves her with all his heart but why do it now? You KNOW for a fact she's going to dye because she's too weak. What if when shes older she gets physically stronger? And she even wants to have the kid in the house? Yeah good job Tomoya. Lowering her chance of survival even more.

Ierno about you but I would love my wife and any chance of her SURVIVING is good for me.
Old 2009-01-25, 04:46   Link #87
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

A big problem that I have with Clannad is the lack of tension between Nagisa and Tomoya. Really, Tomoya should be having an issue with Nagisa's silly wishes. She is living in a fairy tale and Tomoya refuses to snap her out of it.
Old 2009-01-25, 05:40   Link #88
Vegard Aune

¨
Quote:
True he loves her with all his heart but why do it now? You KNOW for a fact she's going to dye because she's too weak. What if when shes older she gets physically stronger?
For starters, no, they don't KNOW for a fact that she's going to die. They only learned halfway through the episode that there was a risk that it MIGHT happen. Besides, the baby wasn't planned in advance, it just kinda happened. And while I obviously wouldn't know this myself, do you really think having an abortion is an easy choice to make? Although it might not be fully developed yet, it would still essentially be killing your own child.

Quote:
And she even wants to have the kid in the house? Yeah good job Tomoya. Lowering her chance of survival even more.
They specifically explained why that could actually be a good idea, and also, she gave up on that halfway through the episode, once she learned that there WAS a risk.
Old 2009-01-25, 09:45   Link #89
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Ierno about you but I would love my wife and any chance of her SURVIVING is good for me.
So, because you don't want your wife to die, you would gladly insist on her aborting the fetus even though she wants with all her heart to bring the child into this world. And this is despite knowing that, if you make her go through with the abortion anyway, she'd probably bear a psychological scar about the lost one all her life.

Is this love? I dunno. Is this you being self-centered and unwilling to understand your wife's decision? You bet.
Old 2009-01-25, 10:10   Link #90
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay. Time for some information.

We were talking about this is class a few months back. Practically all my professors agree that once labor begins, especially for less than healthy expectant mothers, it is much more safer to deliver at the place where labor began with the assumption that someone trained in delivery can be at the site. Movement, anxiety, transport and the like are REALLY REALLY detrimental factors to the state of both the child and the mother. Transport to the hospital is only viable for mothers with relatively stable conditions, or if labor is in its initial stages. Given Nagisa's state of health, I'd have to agree that moving to a hospital from their home might do more harm than good. The fact of the matter is, the issue of birth HAS to be resolved quickly, prolonging labor just for transport to a hospital is very dangerous for both the baby and the mother.

I highly doubt Nagisa meets the requirements for safe transport, even in an ambulance. Also, there are no true treatments that reduces labor nor eliminated it, for rhe sole fact that it is again dangerous for the mother and child. The only solution is delivery.

And from a medicolegal prespective, it is the mother's will and the mother's will alone that decides where and how she wants to deliver. Unless the mother is in a state where she is unable to make a rational judgement, upon which it becomes the perogative of the husband, only she can decide. It is her body after all.

In the first place, you're assuming she will die based on the episode's signs and perhaps some knowledge elsewhere of the tale. Do the characters know this? Of course not. The internal reality of childbearing in the series is based on real childbearing and not based on the characters being omniscient and knowing how thier tale is going to end up. Neither characters know whether she'll die or not because they are, again, characters in the story and not the weavers. The internal reality suggests that the characters know that she CAN birth safely, and not THAT she is destined for one of the possible outcomes. One must deliniate what the viewer knows and what the characters know.

I agree with Ascaloth. Love is still a two-way street, even in matters regarding life and death. You love your wife enough to want her to live, yet you love her enough to understand and respect her decision. If at all, love is rooted in TRUST. Trust in your partner enough to respect his/her decision regarding her health and life, and not imposing your own will on the person by some selfish notion of what you want in the relationship.

Edit - Removed minor spoilers here and there. Might make my post more vague, but hey.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-01-25 at 12:09.
Old 2009-01-25, 12:01   Link #91
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

As saying for Tomoya listening to every single thing Nagisa wishes, that is stretching it a bit. For starters, Nagisa's wish at delivering at home, is one of very FEW requests Nagisa asked from Tomoya. Second, for Nagisa, there are just as many reasons to deliver at home rather than in a hospital, as MeoTwister5 mentioned. Either way, why wouldn't Tomoya think for Nagisa's best interest (like her parents)?

As for the episode, it was great. It's been a while since I jerked tears while watching anime (first time for After Story, oddly), and it the scene promising to go to the beach with the three of them. You can tell Tomoya's considerable fear in him trying to get a firm confirmation from Nagisa. And Nagisa's uncertainty (maybe more certain toward her death) in Nagisa's delayed reply and her forlorn eyes, etc. Sad T.T
Old 2009-01-25, 17:27   Link #92
RandomFlameStrike

Ugh Freya, if you were in Tomoya's position would you force Nagisa to kill her baby based on the fact that there is a chance she might not make it? Also Nagisa's fate isn't set in stone lol. Just because her body is a little weak does NOT mean it's a FACT that she'll die. There's love and there's intelligence yes, but forceing your wife to abort her child isn't something intelligent. Maybe such a thing would be reasonable if there was a 100% chance that she'd die if she had the baby, but that's not the case.

On another note, I don't think a baby is something you abort when it becomes inconvient or a problem and say "Hm I guess we'll have the baby later!" It won't be the same life. They decided ahead of time to have that baby after all. Or atleast I'm assuming Tomoya knew the gist of what he was getting into when he did it with Naigsa w/o a condom.
Old 2009-01-25, 19:25   Link #93
Freya

Wow. I NEVER said they had to abort. But just little things here and there may increase her chances of surviving.
Old 2009-01-25, 20:50   Link #94
Anime Daisuki

They need to bring back the dango theme as the ED...

10/10 until the ending theme started up. Completely ruins the mood.
Old 2009-01-25, 21:47   Link #95
destiny4everlove

Episode 15

- So Nagisa is two-month pregnant…how many months since Nagisa and Tomoya married? I guess the baby was conceived during the very early days of Nagisa and Tomoya’s marriage.

-Tomoya saying he would protect his daughter was very sweet. And I liked it even more when Sanae mentioned that Akio said the same thing about protecting Nagisa. Akio and Tomoya are very similar indeed.

-A baby~...mmm…yes, Tomoya a baby means a huge responsibility and I do think your dad thought the same thing as you were doing on that bus, because I do think Tomoya’s dad was a good dad when his wife was still alive.

-Nagisa looks so beautiful when she is sick in bed.

-Tomoya feeding Nagisa was so sweet and adorable!!

-Tomoya is such a great husband. He cares and loves his wife so much.

-Give birth at home…mmm...I don’t know if I would be sold on that idea. I guess it depends on each person…

-“But I was the first one to lick you” LOL! Another epic line courtesy of Akio! It’s not even I was the first to kiss you, but the first to lick you!!!!

-Akio wants to lick Ushio too!!

-“No. Tomoya-kun gets the first lick!” Like father, like daughter. Nagisa is not even worried about the licking part, she is worried that her father wants to be the first one to lick the baby because she wants for Tomoya to be the first one to do that.

-So Akio doesn’t want to be called grampa, maybe it’s because he feels he is too young to be a grampa. BTW, I love how Tomoya knows how to push Akio’s buttons.

-Nagisa, Sanae, Akio and Tomoya singing all together "Dango" to Ushio was so touching. Watching that scene made me miss the dango ending so much!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgmy...eature=related

-Sanae and Tomoya’s conversation in the restaurant was so heartbreaking. Sanae’s news for Tomoya is not the news a husband/father wants to hear; that his beloved wife’s life is in danger and that his baby’s life is in danger as well. I felt so sad for my poor Tomoya during that scene.

-I felt so bad for Nagisa during this episode, she knew she needed to be strong for her family, for Tomoya and for her parents, but of course she was worried too.

- I love Nagisa even more than before, she is a really amazing girl.

-So that’s where Akio used to go when he took time off from the bakery.

-Akio crying really broke my heart.

-Akio praying in that open field with Nagisa in his arms was so touching. I loved that scene!

-“I couldn’t help but to think of this place as Nagisa’s double”…It’s interesting to notice how Nagisa seemed to have been saved by the spirit of that forest and now the same forest that saved Nagisa is being destroyed and a new hospital is being built in its place. So maybe Akio is right and there is indeed a connection between Nagisa and that forest.

-This is the first time Akio calls Tomoya by his name, which made that scene all the more special. I loved how Akio reminded Tomoya that he was not alone. Akio reminded Tomoya that they, Nagisa, Sanae, Akio and him are a family and that if they support and help each other as a family, then they can overcome any hardships and painful things life might throw at them.

-So Nagisa has decided to keep the baby’s sex a surprise until the day of Ushio's delivery.

-The scene when Nagisa and Tomoya chose the name for their baby was so beautiful. Nagisa means “The seashore” so Nagisa chose a name that it relates to her own name but that it’s bigger than her name since Ushio means “bay”. To Nagisa her baby’s existence is bigger than hers. Nagisa is so amazing!!! And I loved Ushio before this episode, but now that I know the meaning behind its (because the sex is still a big spoiler) name, I love it even more!!

-But the part that touched my heart the most was Tomoya asking Nagisa to promise him she would go with him and Ushio to the beach next year. That was so heartbreaking!! Nagisa and Tomoya’s eyes were filled with so much sadness.
Old 2009-01-25, 22:30   Link #96
king12354

The part about wishes... and the preview... interesting.
Old 2009-01-25, 23:33   Link #97
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Wow. I NEVER said they had to abort. But just little things here and there may increase her chances of surviving.
1) When Nagisa first brought up the idea of having a home birth, both Tomoya and Akio did have some reservations about it, yes. However, the reservations in question were just about Nagisa's health in general, something which kept popping up in the past anyway. At that time, none of them would have actually thought that the birth would be that dangerous to Nagisa's well-being.

2) Moreover, when Yagi the designated midwife first visited the Okazakis, even she mentioned that a home birth might actually be beneficial to mother and child, for reasons stated in the episode. And when you consider that she said that even though, as Sanae mentioned, she knows about Nagisa's poor health, surely you have to concede that there are good reasons for opting for a home birth apart from Nagisa's whim?

3) So when did the issue of actual danger to Nagisa from the birth first come up? Not until Nagisa first collapsed, and Sanae brought it up with Tomoya in the cafe. Moreover, when Tomoya later discussed this with Nagisa, the latter quickly gave up on the idea of a home birth. The girl may be stubborn, but she is definitely not stupid; she made the best decision for herself and everyone else, based on what information she had about the condition at the time.

Therefore, little things here and there that may increase her chances of survival? As far as is shown, that is what Tomoya and the Furukawas are already doing for Nagisa to the best of their ability, and her chances can't go any higher short of an abortion; which we all know is something Nagisa won't even consider out of love.

I trust I have laid everything out quite clearly for you?
Old 2009-01-26, 00:27   Link #98
Snooker
Call me neet.

"Clannad" like "Madonna"- Most of criticizers dislike her because she is very popular.
Old 2009-01-26, 01:40   Link #99
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
1) When Nagisa first brought up the idea of having a home birth, both Tomoya and Akio did have some reservations about it, yes. However, the reservations in question were just about Nagisa's health in general, something which kept popping up in the past anyway. At that time, none of them would have actually thought that the birth would be that dangerous to Nagisa's well-being.

2) Moreover, when Yagi the designated midwife first visited the Okazakis, even she mentioned that a home birth might actually be beneficial to mother and child, for reasons stated in the episode. And when you consider that she said that even though, as Sanae mentioned, she knows about Nagisa's poor health, surely you have to concede that there are good reasons for opting for a home birth apart from Nagisa's whim?

3) So when did the issue of actual danger to Nagisa from the birth first come up? Not until Nagisa first collapsed, and Sanae brought it up with Tomoya in the cafe. Moreover, when Tomoya later discussed this with Nagisa, the latter quickly gave up on the idea of a home birth. The girl may be stubborn, but she is definitely not stupid; she made the best decision for herself and everyone else, based on what information she had about the condition at the time.

Therefore, little things here and there that may increase her chances of survival? As far as is shown, that is what Tomoya and the Furukawas are already doing for Nagisa to the best of their ability, and her chances can't go any higher short of an abortion; which we all know is something Nagisa won't even consider out of love.

I trust I have laid everything out quite clearly for you?
Sigh oh well. The inevitable will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker View Post
"Clannad" like "Madonna"- Most of criticizers dislike her because she is very popular.
......what?
Old 2009-01-26, 03:50   Link #100
anyme

As the pace of the story fast like this , I'm very sure that it will be the same as MOVIE.

If they're happy = the story end from audience's point of view = hard to write interesting story for the remaining 9 episodes.

So prepare to cry!! It's just the matter of time!!
Closed Thread