AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-14, 18:57   Link #101
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Dude.. that's a long known bug, and so far it's still a mystery as to what causes it (in the code that is, what causes it to happen in the subs is the "My silky love" line).
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 19:12   Link #102
jfs
Aegisub dev
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 30
And for reference, if anyone wants it [that VSFilter bug] fixed, it's not me they should ask.
__________________

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 10:32   Link #103
greg-
libass developer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I now have a git repository. It contains my current libass work and a port of the EOSD/ASS rendering support to the new vo_vdpau driver, which now has been integrated into MPlayer.

git clone http://greg.geekmind.org/mplayer/mplayer.git mplayer
cd mplayer
git checkout origin/vdpau

You still need to fetch ffmpeg manually, e.g
svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavutil libavutil; svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavcodec libavcodec; svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat libavformat; svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libpostproc libpostproc; svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread/src libdvdread4; svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav/src libdvdnav

Now just build MPlayer as usual.

PS: if anything screws up on my side, be patient please. These are my first steps with git.
greg- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 08:12   Link #104
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Nice. But I must remark that manually updating ffmpeg is going to be a pain in the ass with this setup for those testing. There's probably an easier way to do it, but this should get the job done.

Code:
cd libavutil && svn up && cd .. && cd libavcodec && svn up && cd .. && cd libavformat && svn up && cd .. && cd libpostproc && svn up && cd .. && cd libdvdread4 && svn up && cd .. && cd libdvdnav && svn up && cd ..
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 18:38   Link #105
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Protip: OpenGL scaling of libass is delicious.
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-19, 22:31   Link #106
Craymel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Protip: OpenGL scaling of libass is delicious.
Protip: Software scaling makes soft subs even more delicious then opengl (and no screen tearing either).

OpenGL


XV with software scaling filter enabled


Although I don't exactly know how powerful you're computer needs to be to software scale with no slowdowns. I have a 2.3 GHz duo core and I even use it with 720p files with no slowdowns.

Edit: Image shack resized my second image! I R sad now Thanks a lot image shack! I don't know why it resized it though.
__________________
For proper anime playback use:
CCCP--Mplayer--Perian

Last edited by Craymel; 2009-02-19 at 23:20.
Craymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 04:14   Link #107
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Craymel, your screenies disagree with the point you are trying to make. The subs should be crisp, not blurry at all.

Here's how properly scaled subs and Minorin should look:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9231/shot0023es4.png
Code:
mplayer -quiet -vo gl -ass -vf scale=1280:720 -vf-add ass -vf-add screenshot [CoalGuys]_Toradora_-_19_[B8C08748].mkv
And here's fullscreen gl scaling (don't mind the artifacts created by the printscreen function, fullscreen gl is EXTREMELY unstable on my system):

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4...scalingsr8.png
Code:
mplayer -quiet -vo gl -fs -ass [CoalGuys]_Toradora_-_19_[B8C08748].mkv
In the first case, the subs have an effective resolution of 1280x720. For the second case, 1440x810.
__________________

Last edited by Starks; 2009-02-20 at 04:33.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:11   Link #108
Craymel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Craymel, your screenies disagree with the point you are trying to make. The subs should be crisp, not blurry at all.

Here's how properly scaled subs and Minorin should look:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9231/shot0023es4.png
Code:
mplayer -quiet -vo gl -ass -vf scale=1280:720 -vf-add ass -vf-add screenshot [CoalGuys]_Toradora_-_19_[B8C08748].mkv
And here's fullscreen gl scaling (don't mind the artifacts created by the printscreen function, fullscreen gl is EXTREMELY unstable on my system):

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4...scalingsr8.png
Code:
mplayer -quiet -vo gl -fs -ass [CoalGuys]_Toradora_-_19_[B8C08748].mkv
In the first case, the subs have an effective resolution of 1280x720. For the second case, 1440x810.
smplayer isn't using gl vidoe driver properly but mplayer does it properly just tried it. Even still I'd say software scaling is the superior choice for me because I can use it with any video driver thus I don't have to use OpenGl that causes screen tearing for me and can use xv which does not have any screen tearing problems.
__________________
For proper anime playback use:
CCCP--Mplayer--Perian
Craymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:13   Link #109
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
SMPlayer handles vanilla gl scaling just fine. Just disable "include subtitles on screenshots".

Btw, your lucky that gl doesn't freeze your X server (read as: crash your system) every time intense karaoke or signage is rendered.

Edit: Using xv scaling, which does work nicely on my hardware, is a poor substitute because it requires me to take advantage of SMPlayer's performance tweaks and relatively new and experimental features for the Intel drivers (GEM memory management, DRI2 direct rendering, UXA acceleration).

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/553...minorinlv8.png

Nevertheless, here's the basic routine...
Code:
mplayer -vo xv -ass -vf scale=1440:810
__________________

Last edited by Starks; 2009-02-20 at 09:27.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 17:05   Link #110
Craymel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
SMPlayer handles vanilla gl scaling just fine. Just disable "include subtitles on screenshots".

Btw, your lucky that gl doesn't freeze your X server (read as: crash your system) every time intense karaoke or signage is rendered.

Edit: Using xv scaling, which does work nicely on my hardware, is a poor substitute because it requires me to take advantage of SMPlayer's performance tweaks and relatively new and experimental features for the Intel drivers (GEM memory management, DRI2 direct rendering, UXA acceleration).

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/553...minorinlv8.png

Nevertheless, here's the basic routine...
Code:
mplayer -vo xv -ass -vf scale=1440:810
Thanks I've been wondering how to get smplayer to software scale by default. All I have to do now is just put

-vf scale=your monitors resolution here in extra mplayer options

And you can edit your mplayer config file so that you don't have to enter the same commands over and over by the way so you don't actually have to use smplayer. All you have to do is add
Code:
vf=scale=your resolution here
in your mplayer config file. In Ubuntu it's located in /home/username/.mplayer this is a hidden file so you have to press ctrl H to see it.
__________________
For proper anime playback use:
CCCP--Mplayer--Perian

Last edited by Craymel; 2009-02-21 at 14:53.
Craymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 04:45   Link #111
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Wow. How could I have missed this... SMPlayer takes the guesswork out of xv scaling.

Video>Filters>Software scaling
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 07:45   Link #112
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg- View Post
I now have a git repository. It contains my current libass work and a port of the EOSD/ASS rendering support to the new vo_vdpau driver, which now has been integrated into MPlayer.

git clone http://greg.geekmind.org/mplayer/mplayer.git mplayer
cd mplayer
git checkout origin/vdpau

You still need to fetch ffmpeg manually, e.g
svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavutil libavutil; svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavcodec libavcodec; svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libavformat libavformat; svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/libpostproc libpostproc; svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread/src libdvdread4; svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav/src libdvdnav

Now just build MPlayer as usual.

PS: if anything screws up on my side, be patient please. These are my first steps with git.
It seems that the git url has changed.

git clone http://greg.geekmind.org/git/mplayer.git mplayer
cd mplayer
git checkout origin/vdpau
git checkout origin/ass_improvements
__________________

Last edited by Starks; 2009-02-28 at 09:16.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 06:55   Link #113
greg-
libass developer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
The changes have been committed to the MPlayer svn. Please report if anything breaks...
greg- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 12:05   Link #114
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
I've tossed a couple of testpattern+scripts at the latest SVN revision and everything looks fine so far.

I'm gonna dig through my collection of gg fansubs and see if I can find something that is libass-hostile.
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 11:28   Link #115
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Greg seems to now have a detailed readme for using his git.

http://greg.geekmind.org/mplayer/git.txt

Quote:
Building MPlayer from ass_improvements branch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$ git clone http://greg.geekmind.org/git/mplayer.git
(sorry, only HTTP for now, I'm lazy.)
$ cd mplayer
$ git checkout origin/ass_improvements
Additionally, the branch origin/vdpau contains a few fixes (performance
improvements) to the VDPAU EOSD/ASS code.

You need to fetch a few additional sources:
$ for i in libavutil libavcodec libavformat libpostproc; do svn co svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/$i $i; done; svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread/src libdvdread4; svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav/src libdvdnav

Now build everything as usual, e.g.
./configure && make && sudo make install

To get the newest changes, please use
$ git pull --rebase
instead of a regular pull; I use rebase to sync with MPlayer svn.
To update the externals, simply do
$ svn up *
in the root of the MPlayer source tree.
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 15:20   Link #116
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Okay, here's a little compositing bug that occurs during fades.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9572/fadetest.png
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 15:42   Link #117
jfs
Aegisub dev
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Age: 30
As I just said in #aegisub, that's not a bug, that's expected. It's how the compositing model of ASS works...
__________________

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 15:58   Link #118
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
Understood. Thanks for the insight.
__________________
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 13:43   Link #119
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Starks
libass 0.9.6 released.

Time to go poke the Debian and Ubuntu packagers.

Also, gstreamer is fixing up their ass implementation as we speak.

Edit: VLC 1.0 will be libass 0.9.6 compliant

Edit 2: I'm really glad that libass development is stabilizing and becoming more organized.
__________________

Last edited by Starks; 2009-03-13 at 15:19.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 23:20   Link #120
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Fresno or Sacramento, CA
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Also, gstreamer is fixing up their ass implementation as we speak.
What about the rest of GStreamer? Granted, it's been a while, the last time I ever used it, it had SERIOUS stability issues.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.