AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-03-24, 17:00   Link #141
Kokizzzle
Internet Virgin
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Kokizzzle Send a message via Skype™ to Kokizzzle
Today, I installed VLC to see just how much of Starks' bullshit is factual.

I am not happy.
Kokizzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 17:04   Link #142
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Today, I saw that Starks had trolled Kokizzzle into downloading VLC.

I am not happy.

(though I did lol a little bit...)
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 17:11   Link #143
PEM

Today, I discovered that an operating system developed by enthusiasts in their free time with a <5% overall market share has inferior support for ordered chapters compared to the most popular operating system which has 90% overall market share.

I am not happy.
PEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 17:17   Link #144
pichu
*Fansubber

there's so much stuff i need to do yet so little time....
(you know what's coming next)
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:24   Link #145
Schneizel
fanatical racism moe
*Fansubber

Today I decided to download the release that was making Starks not happy and found that it doesn't even use ordered chapters.

I am not happy.

Spoiler for saving space, the chapters:
Old 2009-03-24, 18:30   Link #146
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
The releases (2 different series by different groups) in question were extremely troublesome on my end to the extent that they would skip the preludes, proceed straight to the exact points where the OP started, and then the rest of the episodes would have the script off by at least a minute.

Edit: It seems that my mplayer svn tree was a bit messed up at the time but still managed to run through a compile. Unfortunately, the produced binaries had buggy matroska demuxing for some reason. The issue seems to have resolved itself after updating my tree and I am no longer getting seeing the symptoms. Moral: I really need to stop overreacting to false positives.

Last edited by Starks; 2009-03-24 at 19:22.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 18:59   Link #147
sl1pkn07

how to update git repository without erasing local reposiry? git pull --rebase not works for me
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:53   Link #148
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess Send a message via Skype™ to Emess
Today, I read asuki for the first time this week and saw half of #darkhold has trolled starks but I have not.

I am not happy.

E~

Relevant: starks, I send you a copy of the ordered chapters patches from a while back, along with a copy of my build script. It should be relatively easy to compile.
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 10:17   Link #149
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg- View Post
Oh, and about building MPlayer: on Debian/Ubuntu a "sudo apt-get build-dep mplayer-nogui" should install everything needed automatically.
This is one of the most useful pieces of advice I've seen on a forum in some time. Thanks so much, greg-!
Old 2009-04-23, 11:56   Link #150
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masudkarim2008 View Post
Fansubbing with Linux in mind Fansub Groups. ... Fortunately, keen-eyed Linux
users like myself are very quick to point out these problems ..... Midori no
Hibi, Monster, Utawarerumono, Anime Related Topics, Fansub Groups ...
Beg your pardon?

Edit: Oh, it's a spambot. Please ban, mods.
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:42   Link #151
Craymel

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there is an experimental build for windows of mplayer that supports segment linking. I wonder if this feature could be implemented in a linux build. you can find the windows build here: http://kovensky.project357.com/
Old 2009-04-28, 19:27   Link #152
Starks
*Scanlator

I'm not sure if uau's mplayer git repo supports segment linking, but it does support basic ordered chapters.

http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git
Old 2009-04-30, 01:54   Link #153
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess Send a message via Skype™ to Emess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craymel View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there is an experimental build for windows of mplayer that supports segment linking. I wonder if this feature could be implemented in a linux build. you can find the windows build here: http://kovensky.project357.com/
Actually, it was designed on Linux iirc, we use exactly the same patches on Ophion's mplayer build (in fact Kovensky wrote the pkgbuild for it,) I think I linked starts the patches a while back. The author of the patch however said (yesterday, in darkhold) that it is better to use uau's repo rather than that one, as the patches there are for ffmpeg but can be cleanly applied to mplayer. uau's is kind of a mess :3

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-02, 20:21   Link #154
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

Using uau's version of ordered chapters has the advantage that it resets the decoders between streams, thus being much more compatible. But I don't like the way the window flickers (on windows, uau says it doesn't happen on linux) and the video pauses when switching streams.

As for the Ophion stuff, when me and Emess stop being lazy we should make a Debian repository with .debs of the packages we have in Ophion.

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:11   Link #155
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

mplayer vdpau issues

So now that I have a brand-new 9500 nVidia card, I compiled mplayer from SVN today to try out vdpau. It works for some h264-encoded subs and fails miserably with others.

I started with Eden of the East episodes from gg and Frostii. Both failed to play, though they worked just fine with libavcodec before. With gg's episode 6, I get:

Code:
VO: [vdpau] 1280x720 => 1280x720 H.264 VDPAU acceleration  [zoom]
X11 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
X11 error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
[vdpau] Error when calling vdp_presentation_queue_create: The system does not have enough resources to complete the requested operation at this time.
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
Frostii's episode five had the same error.

Totally discouraged, I tried all sorts of method to see what was wrong. Eventually I started playing older subs beginning with Lunar's Bartender release, which is the oldest H.264 encode I have. Many of them play just fine, including recent releases like Live-eviL's Nijuu Mensou and Genji. Any guesses what distinguishes the Eden episodes? I'll mention that I don't get often-reported error that occurs when too high a profile is selected. ("Error 25 at libvo/vo_vdpau.c:992 ")

Of course, I can't have ASS subtitles or screenshots with vdpau since it appears any video filters (-vf) totally interfere with the driver.

At first I thought it was just a lack of compatibility with KDE 4.2 and the desktop compositing model it uses, but this theory was disproven when other H.264 encodes played fine.

Any hints? Should there be another addition to the list of things encoders need to pay attention to when "fansubbing with Linux in mind?"
Old 2009-05-20, 22:19   Link #156
Starks
*Scanlator

The mt branch of mplayer git is said to have better vdpau support.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Last edited by Starks; 2009-05-20 at 22:35.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 02:33   Link #157
Miles Teg

MPlayer SVN-r29301-4.3.3 (freshly compiled)
nVidia driver version 185.19
Geforce 8500GT 512MB (G86)

My mplayer config file looks like that :
Code:
vo=vdpau,xv,
vc=ffh264vdpau,ffh264,
embeddedfonts=yes
ass=yes
sid=0
And [gg]_Eden_of_the_East_-_06_[9CA2FDB0].mkv play just fine (except at the begining a reference frame seem to be missing), you can use ASS with VDPAU.

You look like to be out of video RAM sometimes that come from Compiz, or Xorg, try to stop compiz and start with a "fresh" xorg.

The level limit have all been remove some times ago, the only limit right now is the processor power and the video RAM available. With 512MB you should be able to play 1080p video (like the one done by Thora) without problems with a lowly 8500GT.

EDIT : Just realized that you use KDE can't really helped you much more I am a Gnome user and I don't really want to install KDE, but it's possible that KDE compositing model use too much resource and depending on the number of reference frame in the video the video can't be played.

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2009-05-21 at 02:52.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 05:10   Link #158
npcomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The level limit have all been remove some times ago, the only limit right now is the processor power and the video RAM available. With 512MB you should be able to play 1080p video (like the one done by Thora) without problems with a lowly 8500GT.
How do you compute the memory requirements from resolution and ref frames?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:17   Link #159
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
Good question, I don't know

My method is the good old "Empirical method". I have encoded an opening with different number of reference frame, from 2 to 16, at 1080p and that has given me the limit of my card (8 with compiz, 16 without)
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:22   Link #160
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
(RoundUp(Width/16)*16 * RoundUp(Height/16)* 16 * 1.5) * (Refframes + (Bframes > 0) )

Edit: Today I had to repost a formula that is posted in about 5000 places on the internets.

I am not happy.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote