AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-27, 21:36   Link #21
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
touching on a couple of things:

-Bon Clay's bounty probably got raised because of the alabasta incident. Or, yes, he pissed off the floor gaurd enough to get sent down there.

-Level 4 is where Hancock, the warden and co. are. I can't wait to see if there is a faceoff. I really hope not.

If there is a faceoff and luffy wins, when he gets to level five, do you think he will set prisoners free? (the ones he knows/ supernovas?)
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 21:43   Link #22
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
-Bon Clay's bounty probably got raised because of the alabasta incident. Or, yes, he pissed off the floor gaurd enough to get sent down there.
the 32 million IS after the alabasta incident...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 22:06   Link #23
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
[1]- Sounds like it should be named "hell of famine".
[2]- considering this "inferno floor" is right below, there's only one thing to say if I were there: <"HOT!HOT!HOT!HOT!HOT!HOT!HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!".
[3]- think we can get a picture of him?
[4]- I wonder if these four guardian beasts are based on the 4 guardians of Kyoto? i.e.: Genbu the Turtle, Suzaku the Phoenix, Seiryuu the Dragon, and Byako the Tiger.
@ marvelb: Can you reply to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
My great fear has been realised. Movie 10 will be a canon story. And that means... Nami would try and leave the Strawhat crew. And there's no telling what would happen if she does. The very thought of it has made me cry of sadness thinking she'll be out of the story permanently.

(12 little kittens crying)
Can anyone reply to this?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 22:14   Link #24
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^It is extremely doubtful that Movie 10 will be canon. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that it is near impossible for Movie 10 to be canon considering that a movie's worth of information would destroy the flow of the manga. So, there is no need to worry (yet) about Nami leaving or whatever you are upset about. The character of "Gold Lion" will undoubtedly exsist within the manga (if only as a name, etc), but the events of the film will probably be AU.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 23:00   Link #25
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
So, back to the level 3 boss..... somehow, I'm not surprised that the bluegori leader is so short. I also noticed from the spoiler summary that his name is a pun, because Luffy mistakes his name for "Saru desu" ("I'm a monkey"), which is kinda funny, since he has little resemblence to a gorilla OR monkey (he has a more demonic look about him like the wardens). That is, unless he's supposed to be some sort of monkey demon or something.....



Anyways, he has a pretty interesting design, like all of the new characters introduced in this storyline so far (even if he looks like Chopper's evil twin). As I said before, I'm sorta hoping that he's a Zoan DF user, mainly because I want to see how goofy (yet at the same time, intimidating) he looks in his gigantic beastman form.....
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 23:13   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It is extremely doubtful that Movie 10 will be canon. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that it is near impossible for Movie 10 to be canon considering that a movie's worth of information would destroy the flow of the manga. So, there is no need to worry (yet) about Nami leaving or whatever you are upset about. The character of "Gold Lion" will undoubtedly exsist within the manga (if only as a name, etc), but the events of the film will probably be AU.
Why would a movie's worth of information destroy the flow of the manga? You do know that Oda is writing the complete story for this upcoming movie right? Moreover, as I said before, Oda intends to release this film by the end of this year. He also said that this Impel Down arc is expected to last until the end of this year. With that being said, there must be some special reason as to why he chooses to have the release date of this film coincide with the end of this current arc. Furthermore, take a look at the characters that will be making appearances/playing roles in the film. We have Sengoku, Garp, Whitebeard, and Shanks, all of whom are characters that are sure to have some big significance in the story this year. If anything, this is Oda's way of telling us that this movie will have some kind of involvement/relevance with the current story arc. The fact that Sengoku has already mentioned the Gold Lion already attests to this relation.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 23:42   Link #27
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^End of the year? Last I heard the film was scheduled for release in Spring 2009, which would mean that it is impossible (in the manga) for Luffy to finish all he needs to accomplish with Ace (potentially an entire war with the WG and Whitebeard), then reclaim his crew, then find where ever "Gold Lion" is, etc.

Was the movie date changed from when I last looked into it?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 00:11   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^End of the year? Last I heard the film was scheduled for release in Spring 2009, which would mean that it is impossible (in the manga) for Luffy to finish all he needs to accomplish with Ace (potentially an entire war with the WG and Whitebeard), then reclaim his crew, then find where ever "Gold Lion" is, etc.

Was the movie date changed from when I last looked into it?
Greg, who is a member from Arlong Park forums, attended the Jump Festa in Japan on December of last year, and it was revealed over there that Movie 10 would debut in 1 year from that time. Hence, he confirmed for us that Movie 10 will be released in December of this year.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 00:20   Link #29
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^End of the year? Last I heard the film was scheduled for release in Spring 2009, which would mean that it is impossible (in the manga) for Luffy to finish all he needs to accomplish with Ace (potentially an entire war with the WG and Whitebeard), then reclaim his crew, then find where ever "Gold Lion" is, etc.

Was the movie date changed from when I last looked into it?
It is assumed it will be released in march because all One Piece movies are released during the spring break (like all Naruto and Bleach movies are released in august and december) but no date has been announced yet as far as I know. (at this point, it probably means it won't premiere in march)

One of the possible reason is that Dragon Ball live action movie already "reserved" the spring break, so the OP movie will be released later to avoid the competition.

Anyways, Nami has about as much chance to leave the SH before the New Line than Naruto had to die in the movie 4.
Oda already played the "I am too weak to be with them" (Usopp), "I am leaving for your own good" (Robin) and "I betraying you, but it's not because I like it" (Nami) cards. At worse, it will be a toned down version of those arcs to fit in 1h30.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 01:39   Link #30
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Greg, who is a member from Arlong Park forums, attended the Jump Festa in Japan on December of last year, and it was revealed over there that Movie 10 would debut in 1 year from that time. Hence, he confirmed for us that Movie 10 will be released in December of this year.
Spoiler for semi-rant:


Added to all of this...If the movie acts as a direct follow-up to the manga, then we will already know that Whitebeard is alive and well, and that the WG failed in capturing/killing him, considering the fact that we see Whitebeard sitting back relaxing with his nurses in the trailer. (I guess you can argue that the trailer is footage not found in the film.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 01:42   Link #31
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Just a little info about main villain and movie got all hyped up.I dont think that gold lion character will be an important character in future.I must say it was a nice trick thou, normally I dont give a damn about non-cannon movie storylines but this forced me to have a little search about 10th movie
__________________
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 08:25   Link #32
Principalities
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Regarding the Usopp pic in the spoiler. Is that him in the Boin Archipelago?
Principalities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 08:40   Link #33
game2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Nah, that's just the usual SH with an animal cover pages. We saw Luffy riding a beetle in the previous chapter, so we know it's not a mini-story.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 10:22   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
@james0246 - I don't know why you are having such a hard time believing Movie 10 will be released in December of this year. Forget the long standing tradition of One Piece always being released in March. This movie is an exception from the rest of them. It is Oda's own original story, not Toei's own story or re-enactment of events from the anime. Therefore, Oda's say/decision concerning the release date of the film (in this particular case) has precedence over Toei's decision. The source of info is as genuine as it can possibly be james0246. I mean, Greg actually resides in Japan and attends the Jump Festa every year. I'd say his info is 100% trustworthy.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 11:18   Link #35
game2007
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Speaking of Greg, he's currently on a MASSIVE anger rampage for not being the first person to discover this spoiler foretelling the events of Movie 10. He's been known to be extremely short-tempered if you hang around AP Forums enough.
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:18   Link #36
Rainbowman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 1431 Highland Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@james0246 - I don't know why you are having such a hard time believing Movie 10 will be released in December of this year. Forget the long standing tradition of One Piece always being released in March. This movie is an exception from the rest of them. It is Oda's own original story, not Toei's own story or re-enactment of events from the anime. Therefore, Oda's say/decision concerning the release date of the film (in this particular case) has precedence over Toei's decision. The source of info is as genuine as it can possibly be james0246. I mean, Greg actually resides in Japan and attends the Jump Festa every year. I'd say his info is 100% trustworthy.
Well either way, I still don't like movie 10's plot to take Nami out of the story of One Piece permanently. It would ruin my chances of creating my spin-off series by 99.99999999999999999%. Only a miracle could turn those chances around.
(12 little kittens crying)
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:33   Link #37
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well either way, I still don't like movie 10's plot to take Nami out of the story of One Piece permanently. It would ruin my chances of creating my spin-off series by 99.99999999999999999%. Only a miracle could turn those chances around.
What on earth led you to believe that Nami would be taken out of the story permanently? That would never happen, so you don't have anything to worry about. She probably only ends up leaving the crew temporarily in the movie.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 14:43   Link #38
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I think it's because Bon Clay is constantly singing and dancing. It pisses off the Warden and he probably hopes that more extreme torture would shut Bon Clay the hell up.
Yeah. True talk. I'd have personally requested to have him 'promoted' to the 6+ levels if I were the guy in charge of his floor, lol.

And the best news of the year so far for me? Well, Crocodile appeared last chapter, and he hasn't lost any of his style. I was just HOPING for this all the time, and here it is: Crocodile is back.

But onto something think is worth discussing, people: When Luffy debuted Gear 2, he claimed he'd made for use with Aokiji in mind. But I still don't understand how he could use it to defeat Aokiji in a fight . I've been wondering and I think It's of enough importance to mention, since it's already become pretty clear that a possible Luffy vs <Insert Admiral Here> is becoming more and more likely.

Whitebeard is coming to Impel Down . This in itself warrant the presence of At least one Admiral. But I'm one to believe that all three will be around in time for Whitebeard to arrive .

I do NOT believe that ODa will let Three admirals co-habit the same general area as Luffy without a majorly cool showdown.

It would break my heart .

I'm also worried that Luffy might not be able to handle an Admiral right now, since he's used Gear Three, and he's been fighting relatively hard in the prisons so far .

*Sigh*...it just...makes me wonder exactly how Oda is going to pull this arc off. And without zoro, it fels like the fight arc will be incomplete . VS Zoro is ALWAYS one of the highlights of EVERY arc .
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 15:13   Link #39
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
And the best news of the year so far for me? Well, Crocodile appeared last chapter, and he hasn't lost any of his style. I was just HOPING for this all the time, and here it is: Crocodile is back.
Cool. I take it that Crocodile is your favorite warlord so far, let alone your favorite villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
But onto something think is worth discussing, people: When Luffy debuted Gear 2, he claimed he'd made for use with Aokiji in mind. But I still don't understand how he could use it to defeat Aokiji in a fight . I've been wondering and I think It's of enough importance to mention, since it's already become pretty clear that a possible Luffy vs <Insert Admiral Here> is becoming more and more likely.
Luffy, as you know, invented the gears so that he could become much stronger than what his base level of strength allowed. After his utter defeat against Aokiji, he knew that at his current level of strength he wouldn't be able to go any farther on his journey knowing that guys like Aokiji are wandering the seas. Due to this insufficient strength of his, he conceptualized his gear techniques so that he could become exponentially stronger to protect himself and his crew. However, his gear techniques are still clearly inadequate against Aokiji. The whole point of Luffy's loss against him was for him to understand that he wouldn't be able to keep up with future opponents with just brute strength as he did before. He would have to demonstrate and use some ingenuity to be able to persevere in the challenges that would lie ahead. With that being said, Luffy has gotten a lot stronger, but he is still way out of Aokiji's league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I'm also worried that Luffy might not be able to handle an Admiral right now, since he's used Gear Three, and he's been fighting relatively hard in the prisons so far .
You got that right my friend. Luffy was extremely lucky to have beaten two warlords (both of which I feel he should not have won against), and at this point in time the disparity between him and the admirals is not even funny.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 16:14   Link #40
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Cool. I take it that Crocodile is your favorite warlord so far, let alone your favorite villain?
Hell yeah! Crocodile is the most stylish Shichibukai they've had beside Mihawk. He had it all: the superiority complex; the Mastermind Shemes; the Decadently luxurious mansion; the cigar; the Walk; the Talk; The vast, formidable criminal Organization...OMG!!!

Clearly a showstopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
Luffy, as you know, invented the gears so that he could become much stronger than what his base level of strength allowed. After his utter defeat against Aokiji, he knew that at his current level of strength he wouldn't be able to go any farther on his journey knowing that guys like Aokiji are wandering the seas. Due to this insufficient strength of his, he conceptualized his gear techniques so that he could become exponentially stronger to protect himself and his crew. However, his gear techniques are still clearly inadequate against Aokiji. The whole point of Luffy's loss against him was for him to understand that he wouldn't be able to keep up with future opponents with just brute strength as he did before. He would have to demonstrate and use some ingenuity to be able to persevere in the challenges that would lie ahead. With that being said, Luffy has gotten a lot stronger, but he is still way out of Aokiji's league.
What worries me a little bit more is that it seems like Oda is going to fix this by using the new Haki powerup to diffuse the static in Luffy's way. It would kinda suck, just a little if his new murder-all specialty was Haki. It...would underrate, almost instantly all the Marines, and the whole World G-Unit. Because:

It seems like none of the Marines so far manifest Haki ability. It looks a bit like an instant margin to push all of Luffy's more frightening opponents behind. I don't know if I'm getting it out right, but if Haki becomes like a 'Haki > pretty much everything other than other strong Haki users' then The Marines would instantly fall out of the threat zone, and even thought he Yonkou would take over...it wouldn't be the same, since the Yonkou infighting (assumed to exist) is more selfish than pointed or purposeful. The Marines are the only sensible enemies and if they get pushed off then the fights would make no sense, somewhat.

The only real solution would be for Sengoku and Akainu to display some modicum of what they used when they used to fight against Gol D. Roger. Like...something to really sparkle and dazzle.

And then for the New World Marine Bases to contain Smoker-level opponents only;

Or something like: a system where the Marines constantly seek out intel on New World pirates and then cross Warships DIRECTLY into the Grand Line to seek them out with only Smoker-level opponents and above. So as to keep the pirates in check, and so the New World wouldn't be some kind of "everybody here is too strong for this, or too powerful for that" place where no useful battles take place.

Certainly the threat of an instant Battleship at any moment f the day would keep pirates on their toes, so as to convey the feeling of them being actual pirates, using islands for Hideouts, and remaining hidden from the law.

There would NEED to be Marines of HIGH caliber in the Grand Line. We need to see the workings of the Cipher Pols, and the Gorousei themselves. Legends, like the Buster Call Vice Admirals need to come out and actively prowl after the pirates. Give it an edge of vulnerability, and let it be known that they can actually be caught, and executed.

But I doubt Oda doesn't realize all this. He's an experienced master. He's worked on Dragonball, for goodness' sake, so I guess I should stop complaining .

I know he'll pull through. He's never failed .
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.