AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 35.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 21.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-30, 22:21   Link #121
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This episode was perfect. Everything was balanced well.

Absolutely no complaints here, can't wait to see how things continue to develop.

Also, you 'WAAAAH TOO LITTLE AMI IN THIS EPISODE AGAIN' whiners are getting on my nerves.

Stop watching the show if that's all you want to get out of it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-01-30, 22:51   Link #122
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

New op who are better than the previous . After "Vanilla Salt" , here we go "orange" , Ryuji teachs us some recipes

Well , Taiga is more enjoyable , gentle , happy but her word "dog" still piss me off . Do you like someone who will name you "dog" ?

Minorin isn't very fair . She avoids Ryuji and acting more strangely .... ahah "Shut up brat"

We don't see more about Ami .

Ok , so Kitamura with the time will turn on Taiga , Taiga love him so much .
BUT , NOooo , don't start to be jealous Ryuji OMG ! So , it will end up in drama ,
Ryuji will be jealous and turn on Taiga , but Taiga love Kitamura and Kitamura will love Taiga (one option possible )
Kihara love Kitamura and will support Ryuji to go out with Taiga ...
Ryuji who didn't say he didn't like Taiga to Kihara now he is badly off .... its his fault , instead he moved little by little like Taiga and focus on Minorin , he stay like he was and wait for Minorin to come . Ami is still nothing for him .
So , he feels something to Taiga .... Its why he shouldn't be everyday so close and so servant to Taiga , now he pays the price !
Old 2009-01-30, 23:51   Link #123
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
This episode marks the opening to the deeper side of toradora most of it up till 14 were just like comedy and some development. The new OP/ED started at the right episode since the atmosphere between the characters start to change.

Spoiler:

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Old 2009-01-31, 01:14   Link #124
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
All that "I love Christmas"act by Taiga is painful.
If you listen to her comments, it about "If I be a GOOD GIRL, Santa will bring a gift" meaning she's repenting her past acts. It also means that she wants something in exchange but deep down she knows that there is no Santa meaning she's grasping for something she knows she can't possibly reach.
When she realizes that she is grasping then shes going to have a complete emotional break down dragging in all that are involved with her.

Again a train wreck waiting to happen.
I will admit that it was kind of overdone, but to me, it's another sign that shows that Taiga is generally a human and realistic character compared to the other Kugimiya-tsunderes. She didn't even get mad at Ryuuji when he was irritable about it. (Who, cared more about cleaning and cooking sales than the holiday)
Old 2009-01-31, 02:10   Link #125
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, after the great ep that was 16, this ep really brought it down. stupid change in Taiga personality makes for a stupid ep. Plus add another side of the triangle in Kihara, and this show is dropping fast.

Minorin is sending terrible signals and it seems that the christmas party will be a mediocre attempt to rectify the RyuujixMinorin relationship. the fact that she's withdrawn from this is completely unlike the character we've had the last 16 eps. throw in a lack of Ami (at least she had several lines this ep) and more forced Taiga moe-ness and this was a very average ep.

and what the hell is up with the op. it seems to me that it's heavily implying a TaigaxRyuuji relationship which would give this show an insta-fail grade in my book.
Old 2009-01-31, 02:16   Link #126
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
I don't mean to be negative but I agree with germanturkey on this one. I like this episode and all but Taiga acting over the top really gets to me. I know it's not OOC but it still bugs me a lot. The change in character for Minorin bugs me a lot too since she doesn't seem like someone who will suddenly have such a drastic mood swing. I still like the episode though because of Ryuuji's realization at the end.

Down with Ryuuji/Minorin and Taiga/Kitamura. Go Taiga/Ryuuji or Ami/Ryuuji. :P

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
Old 2009-01-31, 03:02   Link #127
wistfulloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
The change in character for Minorin bugs me a lot too since she doesn't seem like someone who will suddenly have such a drastic mood swing.
Unfortunately, that's what you call "love". It does nasty things to your head, especially when you can't get it.

I don't see why everyone finds something to complain about with Minori. Rather, I'm happy we can finally delve deeper into her thoughts behind that air-headed facade.
Old 2009-01-31, 03:52   Link #128
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
and what the hell is up with the op. it seems to me that it's heavily implying a TaigaxRyuuji relationship which would give this show an insta-fail grade in my book.
Face it, we're doomed to that kind of ending from the start. :P

Ep 17. I see the angst which were bound to happen coming... wait, I already forsaken the sad feelings I'm supposed to feel for the characters ever since the conflict arcs of this anime started.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-31, 03:54   Link #129
roan

The emoness isn't really from the "love" imo. It's guilt. Ami asking her if she stopped feeling guilty actually made her become even more aware of it.

Deep down inside, she'd been thinking:
This really chummy friend of my best friend seems to be interested in me. But from how I've seen my best friend act around him, I just know that she really cares for him even though she says otherwise.

Then she sees the picture and maybe just for an instant it turns into:
Wait, have I been wrong the whole time? But....

Then Ami knows Minori is thinking this and goes:
Is your guilt gone? Yes, you can like him back. Oh, I knoooow what you've been thinking the whole time (you horrible little person you).

This just screwed her up even more.
Old 2009-01-31, 04:21   Link #130
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Wow, some of you people aren't making any damn sense.

I DON'T LIKE MY CHARACTER ACTING DIFFERENT, THEY SHOULD BE ONE DIMENSIONAL AND PREDICTABLE FOR THE ENTIRE RUN OF THE SHOW.

TAIGA SHOULD NEVER BE NICE.

MINORIN SHOULD BE WACKY LULZ.

THESE CHANGE OF EVENTS DOES NOT PLEASE ME

Do you people even listen to what you're saying? You're holding fault to these characters for literally being human.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!

Last edited by Master Chibi; 2009-01-31 at 05:03.
Old 2009-01-31, 04:51   Link #131
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

As I've written on my blog, I thought the episode was well-made. The title itself should explain why the characters seem to have acted differently than usual. Mercury retrograding is an important astrological symbol that would seemingly explain the actuations of the characters.
Old 2009-01-31, 04:55   Link #132
Arveene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Wow, some of you people aren't making any damn sense.

I DON'T LIKE MY CHARACTER ACTING DIFFERENT, THEY SHOULD BE ONE DIMENSIONAL AND PREDICTABLE FOR THE ENTIRE RUN OF THE SHOW.

TAIGA SHOULD NEVER BE NICE.

MINORIN SHOULD BE WACKY LULZ.

THESE CHANGE OF EVENTS DOES NOT PLEASE ME

Do you people even listen to what you're saying? You're holding fault to these vjstsvyrtd for literally being human.
Would have to second this. In fact, after the events of the past few episodes it'd make very little sense for there to NOT be a change in the character relationships / dynamics.
Old 2009-01-31, 05:01   Link #133
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Start of a new arc, liking for sure what's going to be in it! (namely, Minorin, Ryuji, and possibly Taiga emo)

My comments on episode 17 on my blog:

http://acesan.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/toradora-17/

Have to say, Kihara, the new girl, is really cute. Who is her voice actor, and why does she sound familiar?
Old 2009-01-31, 06:21   Link #134
Kyanme
suzuya_luvrx666

Send a message via AIM to Kyanme Send a message via MSN to Kyanme
Inko-chan is so amazing. She even understands Ryuuji... that crazy boy and his odd cleaning fetish...thing-deal. God I love her. Ryuuji/Inko-chan OTP.

Am I the only one who's flashing back to the 90's with the new OP? I really like it, but I'm half-expecting Sailor Moon or Tenchi to pop up. Maybe I'm just not used to the "straight-forward" OPs anymore. Eh.

I can't say I really liked Kihara (she irked me for some unknown reason) but she was, uh, fun. To say the least.

On Minori's development, it isn't a surprise: I was expecting emo and moping... Especially after the previous episode. ...Plus, she's the character type. I'm starting to wonder though, if it might be deep-rooted, her problems. (Though part of me is kind of hoping it's something like she might think she prefers Taiga's friendship to the idea of a relationship, or that she even [thinks/knows she] has a crush on Taiga... might be me being a girls' love fan. ...Nah, defintely me being a girls' love fan.)

Overall an enjoyable episode, the humor was well-done and didn't feel out of place with the more serious scenes.

--And too little Ami? Here, all the Ami you'll need until she serves her purpose in this arc. Now, please, let the rest of us enjoy other characters' development. She's had the stage for a very good portion of the series, let others have the stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Have to say, Kihara, the new girl, is really cute. Who is her voice actor, and why does she sound familiar?
Ai Nanoka. I only really recognize her from Kannazuki no Miko as Nekoko, but she was Konoka in Negmia, Fuko in Clannad, and Kakufa from Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei, accoring to Wiki.

Last edited by Kyanme; 2009-01-31 at 06:28. Reason: answering a question
Old 2009-01-31, 07:00   Link #135
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
this episode was lulz to teh extreme, but come on now Ryuuji, don´t be like that.

You can even choose to balance things out, based on Yin and Yang, or to possibly get together with a person on the same wavelength as yours, or even swing the other side, but hell no total irrelevant state of the art longtimecaringandthatswhyieventuallyfallfouryou scenario, defeats the purpose, and defies the law of cause´n effect

the above paragraph in short: "Eliminate the obvious and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

ps: Ryuuji is M that´s why he could like taiga tt
Old 2009-01-31, 07:14   Link #136
puppygod

After re-watching this episode I realized, that seen without context, Taiga behavior towards Ryuuji seems to be outward flirty. All that asking "Do I look like angel?" "Do I look like cupid?" gives strong "look at me, I'm cute!" vibe of girl that wants to be admired. Maybe I'm reading too much into this... But the more I think about it, the more it seems to be intentional.

Well, maybe not intentional for Taiga, but certainly for author/animators.
Old 2009-01-31, 07:40   Link #137
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I just hope this show doesn't turn too dark. Its been a lot of fun so far.
Old 2009-01-31, 07:44   Link #138
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanme View Post
--And too little Ami? Here, all the Ami you'll need until she serves her purpose in this arc.
Whoa, to think that even my custom-made Ami wallpaper got sucked into that Photobucket gallery. o_O Maybe I "advertised" it a bit too much? Not that I mind either.

Back to the ongoing topic... I think Ryuuji is not one who likes to jump into conclusions no matter whether it's right or wrong, plus he's not that sharp of a person to actually sense what's going on inside the minds of the people around him until they bring it out.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-31, 08:07   Link #139
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
Start of a new arc, liking for sure what's going to be in it! (namely, Minorin, Ryuji, and possibly Taiga emo)

My comments on episode 17 on my blog:

http://acesan.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/toradora-17/

Kihara is no new girl by any means, she sticks around Ami almost all the time, and we´ve also seen her in the basketball incident in the early chapters/episdoes, and she gave off that "Kitamura <3" vibes all the time too. . ., she won´t have too much of an impact on the story either way
Old 2009-01-31, 08:13   Link #140
Makarth

im going to say that christmas is the cause of the emo changes. In reality christmas is the exact time when people either become uncomfortably nice or pitifully sad depending on whats happened in the past or their character. Otherwise there would be no point to christmas being in any of these animes because it would just be an uneventful day (if the normal antics were removed). This is a good episode and i think the reason why some people dont like this episode is because its one of those transition episodes so it lacks the fan service or juicy morsels everyone likes to nibble on and discuss.
Spoiler for story with a disclaimer!!!:

as far as who ends up falling in love in any sort of finalization... i tend to not jump on any bandwagons and just ride the series out.
Closed Thread