AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-03, 01:37   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
My opinions are subjective I accept it, but as well your opinions about my opinions.
Sorry, that's an instant fail in debate and discussion ... I think we're done here - you aren't really interested in what others have to say.

Quote:
What I am saying is that she only gets so much recognition because of her beauty instead of her talent. There is tons TONS of seiyuu with no raspy, nasal characteristics in their voices and with great ranges, also seiyuu with very more unique voice just listen to Fuchizaki Yuriko or Kaya Matsutani and yet they don't get the recognition that Aya does...that for me is not recognizing real talent where it is instead substituing it for a pretty face with a nasal voice.
Lots of hyperbole there and welcome to the voice acting industry where simple voice talent is insufficient? Voice actresses get more support from the studios when they can sing, dance, look nice, and keep out of trouble. Studios like "idols"...
Vexx is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:37   Link #22
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Your posts keeps repeating the same theme..

"Aya has a nasal voice.. I said so, you must now agree with me.. Come hate her with me"

So what if peoples like her voice OR her face?
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:38   Link #23
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
I dig her face. That pic of her taken at the Seiyu Awards with Miyano Mamoru and Saiga Mitsuki: priceless.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:40   Link #24
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
No no...as I have said...seiyuus with cute voices like rie have more roles, despise that there is different characters they have to voice....

I feel like reapiting what I wrote in my first post again...

THE SEIYUU INDUSTRY VALUES BEAUTIFUL, CUTE, LONG-RANGE VOICES BECAUSE THOSE KIND OF TALENTS CAN VOICE MORE CHARACTERS, their voice is more useful

and yeah I really like fuchizaki yuriko, is my favorite seiyuu, I like her role in ri korhan. There is an example Yuriko don't have as much roles as chisa yokoyama because of her highly nasal voice despise the two having the same ages.

Your opinion on what is "fail" in a discussion debate is also prone to various intepretations, we can play this "different reality" game if you want to.
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:43   Link #25
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Er, not really. The industry is flooded, as far as I can tell. I remember reading about a vet seiyu who bemoans the fact that the newer generation doesn't even do stage/theatre work anymore. Not good enough? There will be others in line. Next, please.

For me, she and Irino Miyu are representatives of the new generation.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:44   Link #26
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
So what exactly is your point? Just admit that Aya is the thing right now.. And even if

Quote:
THE SEIYUU INDUSTRY VALUES BEAUTIFUL, CUTE, LONG-RANGE VOICES BECAUSE THOSE KIND OF TALENTS CAN VOICE MORE CHARACTERS, their voice is more useful
"as you said" .. without any concrete hard backing, the point is Aya sells right now..

/thread.
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:44   Link #27
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Er, not really. The industry is flooded, as far as I can tell. I remember reading about an old vet seiyu who bemoans the fact that the newer generation doesn't even do stage/theatre work anymore. Not good enough? There will be others in line. Next, please.
The new generation of seiyuu is here and I can see the results....

Cute faces will dominate the seiyuu industry. Even so her voices doesn't help them claim much roles.

Aya boom is fading.....what is big right now is Rie...who knows what later.
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:46   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
No, the results are not fixed yet. It would be nice to see some stage work from there ala Seki Toshihiko, but youth and experience are two different flavours for me.

Every generation will have their own glories to pursue. That is the same in all facets of life.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:48   Link #29
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On bended knee asking Belldandy to marry me
Just because "TONS" of other VAs don't get stellar recognition, don't go looking for a pretty face to blame it on.

Here's the wiki entry for Kugimiya:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Kugimiya

And for Hirano:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aya_hirano

Sure, Kugimiya has more voice roles, but look after the "Dubbing Roles" category for Kugimiya, then for Hirano.

Aya has success, and recognition, from more than just her voice acting.
__________________
Mushi is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:49   Link #30
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
No, the results are not fixed yet. It would be nice to see some stage work from there ala Seki Toshihiko, but youth and experience are two different flavours for me.

Every generation will have their own glories to pursue. That is the same in all facets of life.
Still I can see seiyuus with clear voices having more roles in their list..

my point is don't overestimate aya......she has beauty not vocal beauty, she has a funny voice....I wonder how many characters more will her nasal voice will be able to voice?
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:51   Link #31
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Just because "TONS" of other VAs don't get stellar recognition, don't go looking for a pretty face to blame it on.

Here's the wiki entry for Kugimiya:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rie_Kugimiya

And for Hirano:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aya_hirano

Sure, Kugimiya has more voice roles, but look after the "Dubbing Roles" category for Kugimiya, then for Hirano.

Aya has success, and recognition, from more than just her voice acting.
I am sorry but compare this:

Rie

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=808

aya

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=6581

proving my point, cute voices win.

she gets the recognition for her face not her talent...
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:52   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
Your opinion on what is "fail" in a discussion debate is also prone to various intepretations, we can play this "different reality" game if you want to.
Sorry, I'm a debate coach and judge in high school and college tourneys. It really isn't "prone to interpretation" but keep playing if you like....
Vexx is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:53   Link #33
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Funny voice? Well, I don't get that feel in Lumiere and Layla. I must however admit that I fear listening to her in Zettai Karen Children, after reading the manga.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:54   Link #34
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Aya Hirano - member favorites: 4883
http://myanimelist.net/people/4/Aya_Hirano

Rie - member favorites: 2888
http://myanimelist.net/people/8/Rie_Kugimiya

And personally, I don't see anything special about Rie's voice, It's very recognizable, and typically, she voices the same character archtype time and time again.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:54   Link #35
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Sorry, I'm a debate coach and judge in high school and college tourneys. It really isn't "prone to interpretation" but keep playing if you like....
OOoohohohoho and I am a university psych major with straight A's in my psychology classes....this post is about aya not about wether what is debate.
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:55   Link #36
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Aya Hirano - member favorites: 4883
http://myanimelist.net/people/8/Rie_Kugimiya

Rie - member favorites: 2888
http://myanimelist.net/people/8/Rie_Kugimiya

And personally, i don't see anythign special about Rie's voice, It's very recognizable, and typically, she voices the same character archtype time and time again.
Again her beauty not her talent playing a role in this.....imagine an unattractive seiyuu with that voice?...she will end up in the streets..
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:56   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
In terms of appearance, seeing Rie-san in person is like watching a Halloween-themed comedy: funny and frightening at the same time.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:57   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
An off-topic observation if I may: Where is Kaoru and Kaioshin?

To echo Vexx, good grief indeed.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:57   Link #39
Mauru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
In terms of appearance, seeing Rie-san in person is like watching a Halloween-themed comedy: funny and frightening at the same time.
again it all comes to the appearance-bias....but even so despise not being "cute" as aya...she has more roles than her...why? vocal beauty!!
Mauru is offline  
Old 2009-02-03, 01:58   Link #40
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Beauty itself is a talent. However Aya amassed that kind of popularity does not matter. The fact is she sells, there is no point demeaning her voice talent, as It's not going to change peoples view of her.
__________________
Demi. is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.