AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 02:24   Link #41
Cinocard

Can't you see no one really care about you anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here is an awesome trailer for the upcoming One Piece Unlimited Cruise Episode 2 game for the Nintendo Wii. I decided to post this here since it has spoilers for people who only watch the anime. Credit goes to a user by the name of Cyborg009 at Arlong Park forums who was kind enough to share this video with the One Piece community upon his discovery. Thank you Cyborg009 and enjoy everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Kkk...eature=channel

Kizaru's voice is freaking awesome and he sounds exactly like what I, and many others for that matter, imagined him sounding like.
To be honest, i dislike its animation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
I wonder what Dragon is thinking after Luffy breaks out Ace.

Dragon: Man I got some awesome sons.
Actually, i wonder if it's a good thing for his own plan. Whitebeard and Marine fighting each other.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 03:23   Link #42
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I guess, the previous 357 posts in this thread made my points impossible to track. Let me summarize those 18 pages worth of posts, without going through hell pain:

"Not being able to see Boa's charm working on Ace and others cannot be used as a means to say, her devil fruit powers won't affect them (example the vice admiral who didn't show signs of getting affected by her charm, until she used her devil fruit powers). "

"Her powers not working on Luffy cannot be used as a proof to say anyone stronger than Luffy would not be affected by her powers too (example Boa's shock)."

"Just because her devil fruit power may look silly does not mean her devil fruit power is weak enough to not let her elected as a Shichibukai. (example the likelihood of Robin getting selected as a Shichibukai, if she had wanted)"

I don't know if there are others pushed to a corner. But, for now, if you have anything to say to those arguments, please be my guest.

Spoiler for OT:
I completely agree with you on this 1,how can you say that they are not affected by her charm if you can't look into their feelings ?That vice admiral is a perfect example,he didn't act like Sanji,but at the same time he had to hurt himself not to get affected by her DF power,which means he actually fell for her.

And it's a little bit troublesome answering the Boa vs Whitebeard question,since we don't know anything about Whitebeard except for the fact that he is the strongest man alive xd

At some point Sanji is going to be 1 of the strongest pirates(Even now he is already strong,but i mean when they become the top crew),but if he faced Boa,I'm sure he'd be so dead,so being strong doesn't mean anything.

And I'm sure when Zoro meets Boa he won't show any emotions on the outside.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 03:30   Link #43
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I wonder who else they are going to meet when they go do another level. Every few floors he's met someone from the past. First Buggy, then Mr. 3, and now Bon Clay(I feel kind of bad that Bon Clay got caught. That means he probably got captured after saving the Straw Hat crew). We know Crocodile is down in the same level as Ace. I just have a feeling that we are bound to meet another person.

Really, if Luffy can save Ace and get him out of there White Beard will have no reason to fight the Marines. Luffy's actions could prevent the war.

It's too bad that they kept Moria's defeat a secret. I'd love to see how that would effect everyone's bounty. An escape from Enies Lobby will probably also remain a secret as well.
Old 2009-02-05, 03:34   Link #44
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
And it's a little bit troublesome answering the Boa vs Whitebeard question,since we don't know anything about Whitebeard except for the fact that he is the strongest man alive xd
For me the point has never been whether she is stronger than Whitebeard or any other Shichibukai or Admirals. Because we all know, her powers even though may work on those people, it is not a guarantee of success (that is why I gave the Mihawk example, in his fight against Whitebeard, he may cut Whitebeard, but it is very likely that he will fall at the end).

We also saw from the vice admiral example that her power can be breakable. The possibility is always there. That wouldn't change the fact of her power working on the other person, but the other side can beat the power at the end. That is a known possibility.

But, we also know from the devil fruit abilities that its power is dependent on the person. Depending on how she uses that ability (and the circumstances), it may have a much stronger impact on another. At the end, it is all possibilities. There is no guarantee of anything. For all we know, haki enhanced devil fruit power of her may be strong enough to not even give the chance to the opponent to break the power (since haki is used to block devil fruit abilities, even the elemental ones, it is not impossible to think the possibility of the opposite happening).
Old 2009-02-05, 05:17   Link #45
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I wonder who else they are going to meet when they go do another level. Every few floors he's met someone from the past. First Buggy, then Mr. 3, and now Bon Clay(I feel kind of bad that Bon Clay got caught. That means he probably got captured after saving the Straw Hat crew). We know Crocodile is down in the same level as Ace. I just have a feeling that we are bound to meet another person.
Certainly Mr 1 should be around somewhere. There's some speculation that some of the Supernovas could be there too. Another possibility would be Bellamy the Hyena, assuming that Doflamingo didn't kill him. I don't believe we ever found out what happened to Arlong either, apart from him being captured by the Marines. If they're there though, it's possible that Luffy could miss them on the way down, and we'll only see them when a more general prison riot forms.

Quote:
Really, if Luffy can save Ace and get him out of there White Beard will have no reason to fight the Marines. Luffy's actions could prevent the war.
I think that even if Ace was back with Whitebeard right now, Whitebeard would still attack the Marines to make a point - that's the kind of guy Whitebeard is.

However, we're a long way from Ace being free yet and I'd expect some Marine reinforcements to arrive before Luffy and Ace get back to the surface. Also, though it's possible to intercept Denden Mushi conversations, Whitebeard wouldn't necessarily know what's going on in Impel Down until he got there, since he'd be in stealth mode.
Old 2009-02-05, 08:14   Link #46
Rainbowman

Quote:
Well technically Bon Clay was captured in the manga mini story- Miss Goldenweek's "Operation: Meet Baroque Works". I hope that clears things up for you.

Quote:
Let's hope so cause Whitebeard may not be the forgiving type, especially if he's wanting to fight Blackbeard for his actions.

Quote:
It's too bad that they kept Moria's defeat a secret. I'd love to see how that would effect everyone's bounty. An escape from Enies Lobby will probably also remain a secret as well.
Moria's defeat was kept secret since the World Government found out that Whitebeard was waging war against the marines.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 08:20   Link #47
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

To be honest, i dislike its animation...

seconded. Why cant they use animesque animation like in the tv shows. that would please the fans =/
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 08:25   Link #48
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here is an awesome trailer for the upcoming One Piece Unlimited Cruise Episode 2 game for the Nintendo Wii.
Pretty damn amazing.

Pirates Docking 7 is insane as well lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 10:47   Link #49
marvelB

Yeah, that trailer was pretty sweet. I wonder if we'll see any other Sabaody characters make it into the game? I think that Law or Rayleigh would work pretty well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I think that even if Ace was back with Whitebeard right now, Whitebeard would still attack the Marines to make a point - that's the kind of guy Whitebeard is.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of Garp's whole "it's too late" speech to Ace. Newgate is going to attack whether Ace dies or not for one simple reason: Nobody f***s with Whitebeard or his men.

And back to Buggy and Mr. 3: I guess they're still attempting to bust out of prison while Luffy and Bon Clay are causing a ruckus. Heh, I wonder if they'll be the ones to face off against Saldeath while trying to escape? Too bad it's impossible for them to escape through level 1 now that Sadi closed off the bridge. Now this raises the possibility of that underwater escape plan coming to fruition!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-02-05 at 11:01.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 12:52   Link #50
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
You all discuss Boa's DF ability as it was the only thing she has. I think that the strongest amazon has something more than DF ability, and I'm not talking only about King Haki.
What is that thing about making your DF ability stronger with haki? For crying out loud, she could just show her boobs for better effect XD

Besides I thought that Haki was something that just makes you stronger and unless you can't use it, you can't touch haki user. The way strong guys were repeling(sp?) Luffy's attacks recently.

Ace and co not showing any sings of lust is only a proff of how cool they are (not calling the girl you slept with the next day - or ever). However they could be thinking that "she's as beatiful as usual/as I remember" and saying "hey, ugly" XD

We all saw Buggy, and he didn't improve while Luffy... well, he did. Mr.1 (and Mr.4 and Crocodile) after being trown to prison, were newbies and everybody wanted to rape them or something, but they all beat them up while wearing seastone handcuffs (mini arc) - so they should be somewhat strong without their DF abilities.
Than we have Bon Kurai that as we know uses his ability to fool people, and when fighting it restricts him from using his full power. Plus, as we saw he was still spining and dancing while in starvation hell - so he was training. He sure is stronger now - as we saw he kicked that Sphinx pretty good

Can someone remind me what Mr.4's abilit was? Weren't he just strong?

The main question about Impel Prison arc is "Will it be long one?". I know that old enemies fighting (they can be stronger now) won't do the trick - at least not in the long run. Sure it's nice to see them, but what we need are the SHs. So unless SH's crew shows up for some reason, Luffy will cause more rucus and than save Ace.

There suppose to be two forces in this war, right? Whitebeard vs WG, right? Than what about the rebelion? What about Dragon that recently said that he should meet Luffy. I wonder if he'd show up out from nowhere (like last time), and maybe he'd mad that Luffy is messing with his great plan how to use this war to destroy WG, or take it over.

I was thinking till now which marines will come to catch Luffy. But hadn't Oda gave us already Chief and his Vice-chief? They might be very comedic pair, but aren't SH like that - so they are petty strong no matter how you look at them. There are also lower class bosses, like this small guys that leads Broogies - they listen to him just because he's nice to them? He might be strong too. We will see now Sadi-chan, and there will be someone at lvl5 (and maybe at lvl6+).
I'm not saying that they all need to be beaten, some of them could be avoided.
Think about it, aknowladging that Prison itself can't catch one pirate infiltrator would give them bad reputation (there weren't a prison break for 20 years). Now I think that Sengoku will leave them alone for now - as the chief doesn't know anything about it or hasn't do anything about it yet.
Old 2009-02-05, 13:46   Link #51
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And back to Buggy and Mr. 3: I guess they're still attempting to bust out of prison while Luffy and Bon Clay are causing a ruckus. Heh, I wonder if they'll be the ones to face off against Saldeath while trying to escape? Too bad it's impossible for them to escape through level 1 now that Sadi closed off the bridge. Now this raises the possibility of that underwater escape plan coming to fruition!
It's hardly "impossible" for them to escape through Level 1. Harder, but not impossible. It's not something that can't be undone, or worked around.

To me, it looks vastly more productive to go back the way they came. While there is an underwater hatch (we've seen the Blugori use it to get food) that'd require going back to that level - unfortunately, no way to tell what level it is, but the Blugori don't seem to go below Level 3. Seems unlikely there'd be an underwater hatch on Level 5/6 - so to get out from there means smashing the side wall, which would be the thickest part of the whole prison. Swimming through a hole against the current of water rushing in would be hard - and it'd mean the whole place getting flooded (ie kill everyone who couldn't evacuate). And that ignores the problem of (presumably Jinbei) carrying a heavily injured person (Ace) through deep seawater and past many monsters. Seriously, if you can get down to Level 6/whatever, going back up should be much easier. Also, Luffy and co wouldn't necessarily know what's going on up at the surface either.

Luffy has been causing chaos on the way down and increasing numbers of prisoners are breaking out. He's also taking out more and more of the prison defences. By the time he gets to Ace he'll have had to take out a number of major defences. That should give him the combined forces of Hancock, Jinbei, Ace, Bon Clay, possibly Daz and Crocodile and maybe more. That's a heck of a lot of firepower. More than enough to take over Impel Down (with it's current forces).

That being said, I'm not expecting things to go so simply. I've said before that I expected a Marine admiral to turn up to take Ace to Marine HQ (probably 30 hours until Ace is due to be executed) - such an arrival would certainly change things.

PS Random observation - back in chapter 525, on page 9, you can see the Minotaur walking down a flight of stairs. There's a cell there saying "L-5 2660". Presumably that's Level 5. Is that just a higher up cell, or are those stairs down to Level 6...? (former seems more likely since stairs between levels seem more major things).
Old 2009-02-05, 19:33   Link #52
marvelB

I'm still not entirely certain that Luffy will have an easier time backtracking through the prison, mainly because of what's waiting for him right outside. Sure, he'd have a chance going that route depending on how many powerful prisoners him and Buggy have set free, but that still doesn't guarantee a smooth escape, especially if an admiral DOES show up (recall how Kizaru took out 4 supernovas on his own with relative ease....). And even if there isn't an admiral, the combined might of whatever forces are guarding the entrance may still be enough to overwhelm Luffy (who'll probably be exhausted from whatever big boss battle he fought in the prison) and his band of prison escapees.....

....However, if Whitebeard strikes by the time Luffy's group is ready to escape, then I can see them having a good chance of escaping to the surface. The marines should be too busy fighting against Whitebeard's crew to take notice of him (though he'd STILL have to be careful or else him and his escape group will become collateral damage). Otherwise, I still feel that the best way for everyone to break out of prison is an underwater route......
Old 2009-02-05, 20:00   Link #53
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

The underwater escape is very possible, with Jinbei there he could very well be the one to take everyone to safety.
Given that all of our merry band of bandits are DF users Jinbei I think will be the one to help out in the case of a underwater escape.
Old 2009-02-05, 21:25   Link #54
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
"Not being able to see Boa's charm working on Ace and others cannot be used as a means to say, her devil fruit powers won't affect them (example the vice admiral who didn't show signs of getting affected by her charm, until she used her devil fruit powers). "
Wrong, the Vice Admiral WAS affected by Boa's charm, hence Boa stating....

"Wicked hearts that desire me...
...harden into stone!
"Mero Mero"
"Mellow"!!! (Sweet Breeze)"

You have to desire her in order for her devil fruit power to take affect.

Quote:
"Her powers not working on Luffy cannot be used as a proof to say anyone stronger than Luffy would not be affected by her powers too (example Boa's shock)."
Luffy simply don't desire Hancock, that's why Boa's powers has no affect on him.
You assuming all the top-tier guys in one piece would desire her is folly.
Ace and Jinbei weren't aroused by her charms in the prison, but only every cannon fodder scum chanted Boa's name. That right there is proof!

Quote:
I don't know if there are others pushed to a corner. But, for now, if you have anything to say to those arguments, please be my guest.
I steam-rolled these arguments pages ago.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:33   Link #55
james0246

^If they are on the same Level (in Impell Down) as Crocodile, Ace and Jinbei, can we really call them cannon fodder scum?

That being said, you seem to be assuming that all top-tier guys in One Piece would not desire her. Isn't there a middle ground, in which some top-tier opponents could potentially desire Hancock, but not all?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:40   Link #56
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^If they are on the same Level (in Impell Down) as Crocodile, Ace and Jinbei, can we really call them cannon fodder scum?
Compared to Croc, Jinbei and Ace, the rest are scum cannon fodder, yes.

Quote:
That being said, you seem to be assuming that all top-tier guys in One Piece would not desire her. Isn't there some middle ground, in which some top-tier opponents can desire Hancock, but not all?
No, non of the top tier guys[Mihawk, Whitebeard, Shanks, Blackbeard ect.].
Heck, Jinbei and Ace weren't even sold on Hancock when she used her charm.
They got better things on their mind than sentimental garbage.
Seriously guys, anyone thinking Boa can just affect these guys don't know crap about Shonen.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:44   Link #57
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, that trailer was pretty sweet. I wonder if we'll see any other Sabaody characters make it into the game? I think that Law or Rayleigh would work pretty well.....
Well when I was on youtube.com, I did see in the trailer a particular Sabaody character: Eustass Kidd. He was on top of a pyramid with his giant arm of metal objects.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:50   Link #58
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Compared to Croc, Jinbei and Ace, the rest are scum cannon fodder, yes.

No, non of the top tier guys[Mihawk, Whitebeard, Shanks, Blackbeard ect.].
Heck, Jinbei and Ace weren't even sold on Hancock when she used her charm.
They got better things on their mind than sentimental garbage.
Seriously guys, anyone thinking Boa can just affect these guys don't know crap about Shonen.
lol actually james is spot on,whos to say Sengoku is somewhat perverted and wouldn't have some sort of desire towards Boa. You don't know for sure who could fall for Boa, I'm certain some of the top dogs would have some feelings floating about if they met her.

I'm sure her using her looks helps in using her DF which means its very possible to snag a top dog, just cause its only been shown that Ace and Jinbei didn't show anything doesn't mean others wouldn't.

and seriously, you have been reading the same manga as the rest of us?
this is OP we are talking about, anythings possible
Old 2009-02-05, 21:50   Link #59
james0246

@The Phenomenol: Okay, let me put it another way; Sanji will one day be amongst the "Top Tier" and he will always be affected by Hancock's abilities (even if his petrification would only ever be for comedic effect). So, if at least one Top Tier person can be affected isn't it possible that others could as well?

Notice, I am not saying that all Top Tier opponents would be affected by Hancock's charms are abilities (in fact I doubt many ever would), but I see no reason to automatically assume that there is absolutely no Top Tier opponent that would ever desire Hancock.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:50   Link #60
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Well when I was on youtube.com, I did see in the trailer a particular Sabaody character: Eustass Kidd. He was on top of a pyramid with his giant arm of metal objects.

Oh, I already knew about Kidd. What I meant was the possibility of seeing more characters from the Sabaody arc aside from him making it to the game. So far I think Rayleigh and Law have good chances, since we sort of already have an idea of how they fight (I'd suggest Drake as well, but we still haven't gotten a good full-body glimpse of his dino form yet)....

Uh, and I wouldn't be too sure about the rest of the guys in "Ace's level" being cannon fodder, either. For all we know, some of them may be amongst those "silver medalists" that Crocodile was referring to.....