AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-07, 20:37   Link #121
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
Quote:
Actually, I believe that ANY of the Supernovas (with the exception ofLuffy and Zoro,) have the potential to become a Shichibukai. They're all certainly infamous enough, plus they've got some unique abilities. The only disadvantage that they have is the fact that they're still rookies.... the current Shichibukai are all pirates who have many years' worth of experience.
I was thinking more along the lines of the actual bounties myself, reasoning which is why I figured Kidd would be the most likely candidate (also factoring in his DF power, reputation, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It would definetly be a sure fire way of giving the fans their desired Kidd vs. Luffy match (or which ever Supernove the fans wish to fight Luffy ).
I was just thinking that.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 21:39   Link #122
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of the actual bounties myself, reasoning which is why I figured Kidd would be the most likely candidate (also factoring in his DF power, reputation, etc.)


Bounties are irrelevant. Blackbeard's the obvious proof of this, since he didn't even have a bounty to begin with. And let's also not forget Crocodile and Hancock, who both have bounties below the 9-digit mark. I'd say that strength and/or notoriety are the most pivotal qualities to becoming a Shichibukai (with Blackbeard being of the former quality, thanks to his defeating Ace). If we look at Kidd and Law, the two Supernovas who stand out the most (aside from Luffy and Zoro of course), then we can see that they have the latter quality held down pat (though they're certainly no weaklings, either). After all, the reason why Kidd's bounty is higher than Luffy's is because of the fact that he's killed many people, and as far as Law goes.... well, the only hint we have is what Kidd said about hearing several "nasty rumors" about him......




So yeah, a huge bounty isn't even necessary to qualify for the Shichibukai position. The only thing that's really needed is an impressive feat of strength that'll put the wowsers in the government's trousers.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 22:51   Link #123
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Well said marvelB.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 00:01   Link #124
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yokosuka, Japan
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Bounties are irrelevant. Blackbeard's the obvious proof of this, since he didn't even have a bounty to begin with. And let's also not forget Crocodile and Hancock, who both have bounties below the 9-digit mark. I'd say that strength and/or notoriety are the most pivotal qualities to becoming a Shichibukai (with Blackbeard being of the former quality, thanks to his defeating Ace). If we look at Kidd and Law, the two Supernovas who stand out the most (aside from Luffy and Zoro of course), then we can see that they have the latter quality held down pat (though they're certainly no weaklings, either). After all, the reason why Kidd's bounty is higher than Luffy's is because of the fact that he's killed many people, and as far as Law goes.... well, the only hint we have is what Kidd said about hearing several "nasty rumors" about him......




So yeah, a huge bounty isn't even necessary to qualify for the Shichibukai position. The only thing that's really needed is an impressive feat of strength that'll put the wowsers in the government's trousers.....
Okay yeah true they have the potential, but they're still sort of like nobodies you know? Like Blackbeard. He defeated Ace and proved that he's a top notch guy. For all we know Kidd and Law both got captured so I don't see why the WG would offer them a position.

And let's say Kidd was free and Law got captured. Then Jinbei's status got revoked. If Kidd wanted the position I would believe he would have to prove himself.

All my opinion of course.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 02:51   Link #125
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The supernovas are the polar opposites of "nobodies". When they're first introduced in Sabaody, Shakuyaku even tells Luffy that their names are the ones that appear most often in the newspapers. Are they rookies? Yes, they are. But they're all still infamous enough to attract the government's attention. But since they are rookies, I do agree that they'd probably have to prove themselves in some way to earn the govenment's trust.......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:05   Link #126
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Just an interesting thought experiment to determine the one possible instance in which bounty would matter (if anyone else has other, please post them): What if there are two (or more) pirates being considered for a position amongst the Shichibukai, only there is only one empty spot to be filled. Now, both 'applicants' have equal levels of notoriety, infamy, and fame, and they each have equally destructive abilities. Added to that, they both have comparable crew sizes (with comparable levels) and have traveled/gained notoriety for an equal period of time. In the end, the main difference between the two is bounty size (one has a larger (not necessarily significantly larger) bounty to the other). So, if all things are held equal (or at least comparable), except bounty size, then, in this one particular instance, wouldn't bounty be the deciding factor for the application process?

Obviously, this sequence of events is extraordinary, and almost impossible to replicate in “real life” (i.e. the One Piece universe), and the possibility took all of a second to work out (and a few extra seconds to type ), but, this does seem to be a potential instance in which bounty would actually matter in determining a Shichibukai.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:54   Link #127
Fipskuul
τηε πιγητ ωατςη
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: τη λαnδ of веагз αnδ дг
If you think about it, there is no realistic way to establish a trust between WG and the Shichibukai. In that case, you need to at least have some reason you can use. For instance, either an accomplishment or a credible reason may suffice for the person being selected as a Shichibukai. You won't need anything more since you cannot be sure of either ways. For Blackbeard fits the first example. And, maybe Jinbei and Boa fits the second part. Both have something to protect, that being other than your regular pirate crew.

To the above question, you can find a good reason to select the one with the lower bounty, if you think that person is more suitable. But, if the WG thinks of Shichibukai as nothing but a pirate that may work with them, then the one with the higher bounty would get selected. That means, they won't really need any kind of credible reason to select a particular person. Even the cruelest one may be suitable for the job, which I think is not really agreeable, from a justice point of view (regardless of how much distorted sense of justice they may have, they still have it).
__________________
Fipskuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:49   Link #128
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Lol chapter 531 actually caught me by suprise I really did think that Zoro got shipped off the prison I was like "Cool Zoro is back I dont know how he got there but atleast 1 down 7 too go" but then i saw his "Okama Kenpo" lol and I saw it was Mr.2 hahahaha things got interesting.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 04:35   Link #129
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
532 spoiler pics are out!
Spoiler:
__________________
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 06:01   Link #130
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
532 spoiler pics are out!
Spoiler:
I hope they are true.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 07:48   Link #131
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
532 spoiler pics are out!
Spoiler:
Luffy did pull out the Gear 3rd pretty early before. He sure isn't shy about pulling those moves out.
This latest arc is pretty cool. It's nice to see some of these old faces. Though I'm looking forward to the end of this arc. I'm seriously looking into what will happen when the crew comes back together again. With the exception of Sanji and a few others. We do know that both Nami and Franky are on islands where they can comes back with some kinds of improvements. I'm really looking forward to seeing that outcome. Nami is on a sky island where they study the weather. Franky is on a future island, home of the genius. It seems on both Franky and Nami can get some kind of improvements. Nami probably needs it the most. Zoro also seriously needs some recovery time. Hard to imagine he'd get much where he landed. Still, Perona did bandage him up for some odd reason.
I'm dying to see what the crew will be like when they all return.
Not sure what Usopp could get from that weird island filled with killer plants. The same for Brook's poverty island. It's filled with demon worshipers.
It looks like they may have to go rescue Robin.

To look at things it seems Kuma purposely sent everyone to where they ended up. He must of known something about these places could help them. Or hoped they would just be happy where they were and stayed.
Haha, I just thought of something. If that last part of my theory is true. Watch Kuma accidentally mixed up where he sent Luffy and Sanji. That or he thought Sanji's legs would get stronger from all the running away he'd be doing.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 10:33   Link #132
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I think Kuma is working for Dragon... Because he seems to have some connections too him. Also I think that Dragon was the one who ordered Kuma to seperate the group and if you remember when Kuma wispered into the ears of Silver rayleigh said to Kuma "And you expect me to... Believe what you say........?" then Kuma replied "That is up to you..... Even I have doubts in this matter."

So I think Dragon ordered Kuma too seperate the group too make them stronger because, Luffy certainly is getting stronger, I mean he unlocked his Haki potential, Usopp was sent to some place and it looks like you need quick drawing and good sniping to survive.

And Nami landed on top of a sky island where a old man is trying to control the wether or something, which is perfect for her since she is using clime tact too control wether.

All im saying is that everyone was sent to a place where they could grow stronger.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 10:47   Link #133
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Haha, I just thought of something. If that last part of my theory is true. Watch Kuma accidentally mixed up where he sent Luffy and Sanji. That or he thought Sanji's legs would get stronger from all the running away he'd be doing.
Nah i wouldn't say that he mixed up the places,cuz Sanji would've been dead if he got there ;d
noktown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 11:40   Link #134
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I hope they are true.
Just to be clear - the above summary I wrote was purely from looking at the LQ cam shots and reading some of the text.
__________________
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:02   Link #135
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
ch 532 spoiler is out. the color spread is the 7 sea lords.
__________________
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:15   Link #136
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
ch 532 spoiler is out. the color spread is the 7 sea lords.
Cool can you post the cover here?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:19   Link #137
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
here you go

__________________
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:27   Link #138
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
here you go

FTMFW!!!!

thats all anyone needs to say, can't wait for proper scan!!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:31   Link #139
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Since Bon Clay is an okama, maybe it is on the same island that Sanji is, he learnt his Okama Keppo.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 13:33   Link #140
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
here you go


That's an awesome Shichibukai pic...
didn't really picture Boa in red, i kinda thought she'd look better in black or purple
heh, and it seems like Oda has decided to go along with the anime team and start coloring Kuma's coat black instead of orange
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.