AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-23, 13:42   Link #201
Wrath88
Kissing...

That's where the personality part comes into play. Even if the two of them have some time together, their progress will be VERY slow compared to other couples we know.

Might still be a bit good though.
Old 2009-10-23, 18:14   Link #202
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
My key issue with that is how much it hurts the other character's personalities like I put in my last post. If you focus on Haruka and Yuuto too much then the other characters are gonna fade. Which really is bad because I really liked Yukari and Hazuki, so I want to see them be used than more than just the same old schtick.
Well, on this point, I would only say that we're just three episodes in, so we'll see what happens. So far, they've used the three episodes to 1) re-introduce the characters and plot, 2) deliver another "Haruka-Yuuto moment" (similar to what got in Episode 2 of the first season), and 3) introduce a new character. So it feels as though they're still sort of setting up for what's to come in terms of the other characters.

The rest of the issue seems mostly about the preference for "progressive, evolving plot" that's a bit ingrained into many people's thinking. So for example, people complain about the perceived reset, but couldn't you also say "that's great; it's as if the first season never ended"? It's like there's a preconditioning in some people to "make peace" with the story as it's presented, so anytime you do anything that seems to "reverse time", people get upset. This is why the two most hated plot elements among the English anime viewing community are reset endings and deus ex machina (which are actually rather common in anime and manga, because so many of these want to end more on a "and life goes on..." sort of note). So this is why when I say I find these episodes complementary to the first season, I mean it like "it's as if this were still the first season, and they're just giving us more episodes". But what many people seem to want in a sequel is "something different" and not just "more of the same".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 23:53   Link #203
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm not even going to touch your logic.

I'll keep watching and forget about it pretty soon enough anyway.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 15:31   Link #204
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 04:
Old 2009-10-26, 15:32   Link #205
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Purezza 04 - With a Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose and Two Eyes Made Out of Coal. Eyes Are Generally Located There, Right?:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 18:18   Link #206
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Purezza 04 - With a Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose and Two Eyes Made Out of Coal. Eyes Are Generally Located There, Right?:
Hahaha! Just want to say that was a great summary. Good work!!

Spoiler for Episode 4 - The Santa Clause:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:01   Link #207
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep4:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 05:53   Link #208
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Awesome post by Midonin! Musical canvass indeed and with rhymes to boot. Can't wait to watch the episode.
Old 2009-10-27, 13:24   Link #209
X207
Gamyūsa

im starting to see se1 in purezza as far as shina goes. not thats its a bad thing, shina will keep fighting that uphill battle all the time against haruka. i'll be surprised if she manages to overpower haruka.
Old 2009-10-28, 08:52   Link #210
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
This episode was pretty good with Haruka-Yuuto sweetness and love... but at the same time, I am conflicted with the amount of fanservice that is completely unnecessary throughout the episode that distracts from the ending... After Diomedea had a field day with the last episode, why not continue the trend since it's a Christmas episode after all... What can you do with Christmas, more panty shots or how about something close to Queen's Blade but not quite the level of Queen's Blade. I have the feeling that all the fanservice in this season is affecting my overall opinion on the second season compared to the first season which is great so far with fanservice at equilibrium. I hope Diomedea would tone down the fanservice a bit so I don't have to complain every time... but ignoring the fanservice drama, I thought the episode was good... so I won't be so harsh this time.

Rating: 8/10
Old 2009-10-28, 09:22   Link #211
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

They were cute .
But damn , why the authors always kill the kiss scene with a cellphone etc ....
Yeah , their relations is so slow since the first season ... i though that there was already a couple .
Well now that Yuto give a ring to her , so you know what it means !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:43   Link #212
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
People who were complaining about the fanservice in this season... this is, in my mind, the True Haruka Fanservice episode whether you mean that in the sexual or the romantic sense. And people who were complaining about the plot's continuity and progressive development... it just got way worse for you. So I suspect that this episode will probably be everything people hate about this new season summarized
Wrong on that , at least as far as i am concerned, being one of the people who have been less than pleased with the new season thus far I think this episode captured pretty well the essence of what made the first season so appealing to me - unrestrained amounts of fluff and a cute bit of tension between the two, both in the romantic and sexual sense. This time around it didn't feel like they would be trying to backpedal on what they have established, and while there is the obvious frustration of the conveniently timed and accursed phone call (One day, Yuuto will learn to destroy all his means of communications and lock the door when he happens to find himself alone with Haruka), or them missing an another arguably great opportunity for a kiss scene (the present exchange), it was still a small step towards, or at the very least - not a pondering and misplaced step backwards in their relationship.

In essence, this episode captured what the show is, and what i like it for - as Mika would put it, "Again the two of you are in your own world" - which i find largely to be the appeal of the show, watching the cute and a little bit charged "flirting" between the two, and them getting caught up in it and going with the flow. And it feeling like that flow will lead somewhere, sooner or later. Even if we didn't end up any further down stream compared to the finale of season1, we are back in the water at least, instead of pondering whether swimming is good or not, like the first 2 episodes made it seem. Pure, light-hearted fluff and a bit of hormones - in this sense, i don't mind the fanservice either. I couldn't care less about Shiina's panty shots on the other end of the town, but when Haruka manages something fanservicy, Yuuto usually takes note - and we can watch the two blush and stammer about it (Which, once again, is a large part of what the show is about). It sort of adds some purpose to it, which makes it perfectly welcome in my eyes.

So ... yeah. I am not quite sure if it is decipherable from my drivel what exactly i find appealing about the show, but this episode worked for me, and i am always up for more of similar along the way - so long as Yuuto remembers to lock the door and kill his cellphone on the final episode!
Old 2009-10-28, 15:14   Link #213
Johnny
Working the bags...

I don't mind the fan service and since I don't watch taco-fest shows like Queen's Blade I can't compare the two...

Haruka's dad had me cracking up the most in this episode. As to Haruka's actions and dress, we can all thank Mika for exploiting her sister's naiveness. Without her and the maids I doubt the two would be at the level they are now with their relationship, whatever it may be. Although I have to question Mika's creativeness with dressing Alice in a reindeer/school swimsuit outfit...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 17:20   Link #214
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Wow, they certainly didn't bother censoring this episode huh? Well, not that I'm complaining anyway. For Haruka not to scream after getting in that position means that she absolutely trust Yuuto or she's ready?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 18:46   Link #215
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Wow, they certainly didn't bother censoring this episode huh? Well, not that I'm complaining anyway. For Haruka not to scream after getting in that position means that she absolutely trust Yuuto or she's ready?
or that she didn't realize the state of her clothing because she was so ready to kiss him... damn Mika for interrupting.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 18:47   Link #216
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Eh, I thought it was a "meh..." episode for the most part. They are over-the-top, but they are doing it to that degree that is getting kind of annoying. I think you can do romantic, "let's get close" kind of episode of in a public place and have it work at this point, but when it's private like that is when it gets farfetch'd. I wouldn't argue about it, but the taunting the pairing to us is getting kind of old now.

The episode was funny at least. That whole thing with ribbons and Haruka's dad was really funny (especially with Haruka's mom and Haruka herself.) The fanservice did pick up too. With the whole fall down and "OMG, THERE'S CLEAVAGE!" And it passed around with the drunks, with Shiina, with most of the cast. Guess I can't ignore it now...but then again the first season had those moments.

And I'm completely sick of Mika at this point. What, you want to tease and taunt them constantly over their relationship, yet you want them to be a successful couple, yet you don't want them to kiss each other? God, I'm just sick of them at this point and it gives me more reason why I want the four of them to be separated. Have them do their own things. And Gento should give Yuuto a break. It's not because of his "overwhelming charm" that Mika is all over him, it's because Mika's a spoiled brat.

You know what would be a good twist that would make all the fans happy? I think if that for this season, we dropped Shiina's role as being the other love-interest and we make it Mika. Mika does have some feelings for him and it would explain why she has to do all that frigging taunting and planning. Seriously, she did what, five different things to screw with Yuuto and Haruka? It would be very interesting if she had deep feelings for him and she couldn't act on them because Haruka's her sister.

You know, it'd be an interesting family development but...these writers...I don't think their heads are in the right area.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 18:59   Link #217
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Eh, I thought it was a "meh..." episode for the most part. They are over-the-top, but they are doing it to that degree that is getting kind of annoying. I think you can do romantic, "let's get close" kind of episode of in a public place and have it work at this point, but when it's private like that is when it gets farfetch'd. I wouldn't argue about it, but the taunting the pairing to us is getting kind of old now.

The episode was funny at least. That whole thing with ribbons and Haruka's dad was really funny (especially with Haruka's mom and Haruka herself.) The fanservice did pick up too. With the whole fall down and "OMG, THERE'S CLEAVAGE!" And it passed around with the drunks, with Shiina, with most of the cast. Guess I can't ignore it now...but then again the first season had those moments.

And I'm completely sick of Mika at this point. What, you want to tease and taunt them constantly over their relationship, yet you want them to be a successful couple, yet you don't want them to kiss each other? God, I'm just sick of them at this point and it gives me more reason why I want the four of them to be separated. Have them do their own things. And Gento should give Yuuto a break. It's not because of his "overwhelming charm" that Mika is all over him, it's because Mika's a spoiled brat.

You know what would be a good twist that would make all the fans happy? I think if that for this season, we dropped Shiina's role as being the other love-interest and we make it Mika. Mika does have some feelings for him and it would explain why she has to do all that frigging taunting and planning. Seriously, she did what, five different things to screw with Yuuto and Haruka? It would be very interesting if she had deep feelings for him and she couldn't act on them because Haruka's her sister.

You know, it'd be an interesting family development but...these writers...I don't think their heads are in the right area.

I agree, drop Shiina for favor of some Mika drama!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:19   Link #218
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Wow, are they even trying at this point?

I just want to unleash this huge post of hate and how I couldn't see past the amount of TITS in this episode (it was either cold in Yuuto's room, she was horny as hell, or the gal's got HUGE NIPPLES), but whatever, this show is pandering and its knows it, so fuck it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:54   Link #219
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
or that she didn't realize the state of her clothing because she was so ready to kiss him... damn Mika for interrupting.
I know right? And she was the one that loves setting them up for more than just a romantic experience . A tease maybe? But that's awfully bad timing indeed
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 21:05   Link #220
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Meh, I don't see all the hate for the fanservice, It's not like it's anything new to see fanservice in anime, nor is this anywhere near the most fanservice. Maybe you guys are just too easily distracted. The story isn't really any slower than it was in the first season.......which was just fine for me then, so it is now.

That was a sweet episode, but darn you Mika for interrupting them. I may like you, but I spare no one for interrupting the destined love of a couple. Still, they get props for getting a few centimeters closer to their kiss than most anyone else in the "kiss stopped at the last second" category.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen