AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 23:12   Link #81
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
There does actually exist people who don't watch fansubs because they're illegal (like me). Yes, you might say that's irrational, but putting up the 2nd season and not the 1st is rather frustrating for such people.
Now that is perfectly fair. If that had been the point that was being made in the first place, I would have agreed. It is a bit of a problem for that group of viewers, and doesn't do them very much good unless they're willing to just jump in half-way through (which, for this show, is probably pretty possible, actually -- the plot is pretty well laid-out in this first episode here). I did notice that they posted Asura Cryin' 1 in a big batch recently, so maybe there's still a chance they'll batch all of the first season of this show as well.

And incidentally, I don't think that choosing to not view fansubs is in any way irrational, and do understand your frustration in this case. But if Crunchyroll does end up failing to meet its objectives, I don't personally believe this will be one of the major contributing causes (because I suspect that their target audience consists in large part of people who might otherwise be fansub viewers, hence wouldn't require the "all or nothing" approach proposed). I don't think the people who'd be willing to watch anime online, but just haven't been doing it so far due to legality alone, is enough to form a new market.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 00:36   Link #82
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Thumbs up Wasabi!

good first ep. very impressed with the OP animation (nice nice nice!)
*shakes fist* @ fog
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 01:02   Link #83
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Yay!
I've been waiting for this for a while now.
Seravy's right, the first episode and the OP was great!

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 01:26   Link #84
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Now that is perfectly fair. If that had been the point that was being made in the first place, I would have agreed. It is a bit of a problem for that group of viewers, and doesn't do them very much good unless they're willing to just jump in half-way through (which, for this show, is probably pretty possible, actually -- the plot is pretty well laid-out in this first episode here). I did notice that they posted Asura Cryin' 1 in a big batch recently, so maybe there's still a chance they'll batch all of the first season of this show as well.

And incidentally, I don't think that choosing to not view fansubs is in any way irrational, and do understand your frustration in this case. But if Crunchyroll does end up failing to meet its objectives, I don't personally believe this will be one of the major contributing causes (because I suspect that their target audience consists in large part of people who might otherwise be fansub viewers, hence wouldn't require the "all or nothing" approach proposed). I don't think the people who'd be willing to watch anime online, but just haven't been doing it so far due to legality alone, is enough to form a new market.
I would be intrigued to hear what you thought my original point was. You agree that it is a frustration to the audience typified by einhorn303, which would tend to support my point that it is a bad business decision.

You seem to take the defeatist attitude that on-line distribution will fail: "I don't think the people who'd be willing to watch anime online, but just haven't been doing it so far due to legality alone, is enough to form a new market" I actually would like to see it succeed (if only because content providers are more reliable when it comes to completing what they start, and it would be nice if the industry made enough cash to keep things rolling), but to do that, the providers need to start acting like they actually care.

They, and you, need to look beyond current anime fans toward the base of people who are just discovering streaming content. Their coming on to find their favorite TV shows but surveys suggest that they are watching much more than just that. This is an audience that has never heard of fansubs, much less Nogizaka, but might be willing to watch it, if they can find the beginning. More importantly, this is an audience that, for the great majority, will never buy DVD's. They will, however, look at ads, they might even pay for access to higher resolution video (CR only charges about $7 a month, according to my credit card). Monetizing this audience is possible, but only if it is treated as something other than a throwaway by providers.
Old 2009-10-06, 01:46   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I believe this thread is more pertinent to the subject of discussion you want to have. I've copied yours and Relentless's posts in that thread. Please continue this interesting discussion over there. For the rest of us, let's talk Nogizaka. I'll start with the newest maid loli...

She is cute as a button.
Old 2009-10-06, 02:06   Link #86
Psykewne

Completely agree on Alice, whoever decided to give her excalibolg is a genius, also the knuckle duster fissure/geyser was brutal.

Shiina is completely on form as are the maid team, can't wait to see what fun they'll all be getting up to. New OP and ED are pretty good, got the feeling they put some effort into the series from the get go.

Haruka's lean in and whisper near the end was very sweet, it's rare to have an opening episode to a season give out such a heartwarming scene so freely.
Psykewne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 02:23   Link #87
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I believe this thread is more pertinent to the subject of discussion you want to have. I've copied yours and Relentless's posts in that thread. Please continue this interesting discussion over there. For the rest of us, let's talk Nogizaka. I'll start with the newest maid loli...
Mea Culpa

Having just finished the show, I believe that it will live up to season 1; although it seems that the romance angle will be fronted much more this year.

Spoiler for one small complaint:

I'm guessing that I'm going to love this season as much as the last.
Old 2009-10-06, 03:42   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
She is cute as a button.
I give it half the series before she open's upto Yuto.
Old 2009-10-06, 05:46   Link #89
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Woooohaaaaaa as good as alllllways ... maybe better?

I did not use my Moe-Meter often in the last month but this show needs it
Haruka, moe as always
Yuto, my hero, one of the better male chars, not stupid or an asshole, he uses his brain and heart
A new super duper cute maid with her own excalibolg *boooiiiinnng* *splatt*
I wonder if we will see her grandfather again, I liked him.

I love it
And they really made it this time, in the first ep the appearing of THE voice actor herself

I loved the first season and if the manage to get on going like that I will love the whole second season too.

EDIT:
I want a steamless version *cry*
Old 2009-10-06, 07:07   Link #90
uis

Ha ha ha they skip two volume...
Anyway really nice ep1... too bad too many steam...

New OP really great and i really love it...
ED is normal but love cute chibi chara there...

Anyway ganbatte Shiina... my fav Nogizaka chara will always Shiina even Mika and Alice soo moe lulz...

edit: i forgot to mention Sawamura Ryouko... damn she soooo moe too espcially when she cuddles Mika lol...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 07:33   Link #91
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Woohoo, all these sequels I didn't ever think were going to be made.

This one and Inuyasha and even Koihime Musou.

Now only if Otoboku and Kiddy Grade 2 FINALLY gets made. How about Princess Nine Zeta?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 07:35   Link #92
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ohh i need this bad i adored the first season, there was nothing exceptional about the series but it was so much fun and Haruka was so damn cute how could you not love it.

SuperKnuckles i believe Kiddy Grade 2 begins later this month, im also looking forward to it as well i own the entire boxset of the 1st season with the artbook.
Old 2009-10-06, 08:53   Link #93
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol when i saw Haruna i thought it was Haruka and i was like "damn the quality is lower than before" but not XD

Well , first episode begins with the "HOT SPRING" , an episode to show that the fanservice is always here lol and damn the censorship XD
Oh god , more loli , Alice and more oppai
Ow , Shina should give up , Haruna and Yuuto are meant to be together since the first season oh well .
I don't very remember all the first season but did they already dating and kiss in the 1st season ? because , he seems that they were a couple in 1st season or its my imagination .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 11:09   Link #94
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

She is cute as a button.
Perfectly spot on

Especially when she was beating that drunktard into a pulp ^^v

Anyway, good first episode. I seriously ROFLED at Hazuki's "so exciting" comment

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 13:36   Link #95
SidVicious
Anime addict

Hazuki is awesome.
Old 2009-10-06, 14:56   Link #96
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Haruka アニメ(impressions)

Hello. I'm here with you guys watching the second season of Nogizaka Haruka. Last year we had a lot of fun here discussing Haruka and I hope we’ll manage it this time, too. Yoroshiku ne.
So I checked the usual sources and found a recording of the first episode. Naturally, I wanted to share some ideas with you.
First of all I should say that I greatly enjoy this show, and the first episode turned out to be better than I expected. I agree that the opening is very impressive. I like it a lot and I find it very stylish.
It’s nice to see that the authors quickly catch the modern trends. It is noticeable in the opening and besides, the episode goes with a small omake section which is lately more common than not. The animation has been improved, too. And the episode generally brings you a feeling you’re watching a good show.
Also, it was great to see the old and new characters in action again.

Haruka, and what she’s best at (= being embarrassed)

Mika is playful as usual,

Shiina is checking a restaurant guide where she could eat some squids.

And Yuuto will no doubt have trouble with the two professional alchoholics, namely Ruko and Yukari-san

Actually, he already started to have.
“Yuuto, I’ll kill you”

Speaking of the way I watch it. I think that I’ll stick to the raws. Now that I personally translated 2 episodes from the first season and the fact that I’m playing the game (see below) I manage to undestrand around 90% of what is said here because the context is clear. So, making out the words they are actually saying and not reading someone’s translation is something that I find really exciting about watching anime in the original.

Spoiler for episode 1, some translation:

- So, Yuuto was extremely lucky to survive the first episode.

What is obvious is that the volume of NSFW material has increased dramatically.
Among other things, I noticed this time that the authors came up with some sort of advanced (read suggestive) titles.
Say, the first 2 episodes are labeled as
「一緒にいきたい」, and the second one as
「入れてください」

The first one can either mean ‘I want to go there together' or ‘let's come together’. And the second one translates to ‘please give it to me’.

But apart from that you can notice some nice autumn scenery.

-

And did you notice the self-reference of Notomam? That is, when Yuuto and Haruka finally go to the live show (event), Yuuto says, ‘who’s that on the stage? Her voice is pretty much like Haruka’s’. This joke is actually borrowed from the game.

So, now that we’ve come to this point, I think it is worth mentioning the game, too.
The story is like that. The game was released last year but due to various reasons (studies, health issues etc) I couldn’t get to it back then and the box was simply lying in the drawer until recently. However, for the last two months I’ve been heavily into this thing. It feels completely different from the anime but it’s pretty awesome if you ask me. I think that those who went past it do miss a lot.
I have a feeling that I’m the only person here besides relentlessflame-san to have this game. And the only one to actually play it (in large amounts). In fact, I went as far as starting to translate the script from it. So I think that I’d better sum it up to save your precious time, guys. And at a side note, if you happen to know Russian I have already done around 400 pages of translation to this moment. You might want to take a look at it.

Spoiler for about the game:

SidVicious
Quote:
Hazuki is awesome.
Yeah, I saw this
刺激的です。

Spoiler for Hadzuki:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2009-10-06 at 20:33.
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 07:19   Link #97
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Finally got around to watching this. Great first episode. I loved the first series, even if it was nothing epic, it was enjoyable.

I love the episode titles. So funny especially since the anime barely touches on mature subject matter.
Old 2009-10-07, 07:30   Link #98
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A decent first episode. The one thing that stand up in this series, now as in season 1, is the great chemistry and genuine love between the two protagonists. It is very rare to see in non serious romance anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
EDIT:
I want a steamless version *cry*
For anyone who was bothered by the heavy censorship in the onsen scenes, I suggest you check out the version aired on AT-X , which is steam-free (or uncensored if you prefer, though it's not as there is much to censor). The version broadcasted on MX should also be de-steamed.
Old 2009-10-07, 10:31   Link #99
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
A decent first episode. The one thing that stand up in this series, now as in season 1, is the great chemistry and genuine love between the two protagonists. It is very rare to see in non serious romance anime.
I hope they become "official" eventually. It is cute to see them act the way they do, but it gets irritating that its so stagnant.

Quote:
For anyone who was bothered by the heavy censorship in the onsen scenes, I suggest you check out the version aired on AT-X , which is steam-free (or uncensored if you prefer, though it's not as there is much to censor). The version broadcasted on MX should also be de-steamed.
The "steam" wasn't that bad though. You could somewhat make out what was there and you have your imagination too. I do think it was a little excessive at times, but that is me. At least they made jokes about the steam.
Old 2009-10-07, 11:16   Link #100
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I hope they become "official" eventually. It is cute to see them act the way they do, but it gets irritating that its so stagnant.
As you say, "eventually". If they get officially together, I think the show would be over. What makes the series are the misunderstandings (fun or melodrama), the blushings (moe), the love "antagonists" (always a necessary ingredient). If you take these things out, there's nothing left. Well, the maids are left of course
You don't have enough depth in these comedies to deal with the problems of an actual newborn relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The "steam" wasn't that bad though. You could somewhat make out what was there and you have your imagination too. I do think it was a little excessive at times, but that is me. At least they made jokes about the steam.
I think it was bad for how it was done, it was really amateurish. I remember one episode of Kanamemo in which they were at the public bath, there were so much steam you couldn't even guess what was going on. You just heard the voices, and a wall of white fog, basically a drama cd. Now this episode doesn't even get close to that, also because the onsen scenes were fairly short. But censorship in general got worse over the last years.
And yes, the joke about the steam was really spot on. I guess it wouldn't work so well in the dvd version, but in this one she basically summed up everyone's thoughts!

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen