AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-30, 19:11   Link #141
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Not the last? O rly? Giggedy-Giggedy all riiight
Seeing as how the Gundams and GN Drives were made to Innovate humanity, plus the 00's Trans-Am Burst...I'd say it's save to assume that sooner or later, the rest of humanity (or at least half) will evolve as well.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 19:04   Link #142
Yavie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, Nena isn't exactly an accomplished pilot. She's always been in a support role--as has been stated before, she couldn't hit stationary Tierin mobile suits.
No, that is completly and utterly false. In season 1 episode 20 she fired three shots at three Tierins and all three shots were direct hits. (at least one of those shots being done at high speeds).
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 20:48   Link #143
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
No, that is completly and utterly false. In season 1 episode 20 she fired three shots at three Tierins and all three shots were direct hits. (at least one of those shots being done at high speeds).
There's a BIG difference in having actual skill, and slaughtering less advanced mobile suits.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 23:25   Link #144
Yavie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
There's a BIG difference in having actual skill, and slaughtering less advanced mobile suits.
No, it takes some real skill to hit things while moving, even more so at that kind of speed. But you are right, sadly the script never let Nena show off at all. But the same can be said for a lot of pilots in Gundam 00 that no doubt were better than the Setsuna we saw in S1. Howard Mason surely was a more than competent pilot, (although he wasn't soldier since he broke formation and went in for close combat by himself) But Howard still got killed of easily just to give Graham something more to obsess about.

The trinities (and especially Nena since her Gundam was a support type) never had any opportunity to really shine. First the rescue the original Gundam Meisters but Nena is given the role of rescuing Setsuna (just to make fans think she will become his love interest) so she doesn't have any opportunity to fight there.

After that we aren't shown many of the Trinities operations and those we are shown mostly show us Johann burning up loads of enemies with large beams. This is just to make us feel that they are killing machines.

But after that the Thrones it turns out that the Thrones were just "paper champions" that were just there to show us that the GN-X were dangerous. The Trinities and especially Nena's Throne Drei were never created to fight such machines and in such numbers.

And then finally Nena faces of against the strongest MA in the show... one that would easily have destroyed the 00-Gundam had it had even a somewhat competent pilot.

I guess that would make Nena a faux dark action girl, but I don't think it is fair to judge her skills based on what we were shown in the show. The script simply never allowed her to kill any skilled pilots because those pilots were meant to be killed by Setsuna and crew to show how 'cool' they are.
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 00:25   Link #145
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
The Trinities were decent pilots,but not much more.The difference would really appear when comparing Michael's piloting with Ali's the moment he got Zwei,in which before Trans-Am got unlocked singled handedly disarmed Exia's three solid swords and his shield in less than a minute in a weakened low energy Zwei.

Would they have improved in the future?Perhaps they will by a bit,but they pretty much lack experience and when finally faced with suits their own level,they pretty much falter.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:13   Link #146
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
No, it takes some real skill to hit things while moving, even more so at that kind of speed. But you are right, sadly the script never let Nena show off at all. But the same can be said for a lot of pilots in Gundam 00 that no doubt were better than the Setsuna we saw in S1. Howard Mason surely was a more than competent pilot, (although he wasn't soldier since he broke formation and went in for close combat by himself) But Howard still got killed of easily just to give Graham something more to obsess about.

The trinities (and especially Nena since her Gundam was a support type) never had any opportunity to really shine. First the rescue the original Gundam Meisters but Nena is given the role of rescuing Setsuna (just to make fans think she will become his love interest) so she doesn't have any opportunity to fight there.

After that we aren't shown many of the Trinities operations and those we are shown mostly show us Johann burning up loads of enemies with large beams. This is just to make us feel that they are killing machines.

But after that the Thrones it turns out that the Thrones were just "paper champions" that were just there to show us that the GN-X were dangerous. The Trinities and especially Nena's Throne Drei were never created to fight such machines and in such numbers.

And then finally Nena faces of against the strongest MA in the show... one that would easily have destroyed the 00-Gundam had it had even a somewhat competent pilot.

I guess that would make Nena a faux dark action girl, but I don't think it is fair to judge her skills based on what we were shown in the show. The script simply never allowed her to kill any skilled pilots because those pilots were meant to be killed by Setsuna and crew to show how 'cool' they are.
Precisely, Nena's unit was a support type. There must be a reason why that is so. And I believe that reason has to do with her inferiority in skills compared to only her own "siblings".

Nena shot down Tierens. Those were mobile suits that were centuries less advanced than Gundams. Unless you quote some fairer example, your case doesn't stand at all.

Somewhat competent pilots could at least hold its fort against Regnant for a while, and maybe for some curving beam shots. Her dexterity in dealing with Regnant's shots were simply too poor to acknowledge her as a more-than-competent pilot. Besides, she wasn't able to dodge ANY of Regnant's fangs. Throne Drei had defensive capabilities, but an "impressive pilot" like her wasn't able to make use of it?
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 08:59   Link #147
BioRanger
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Nena shot down Tierens. Those were mobile suits that were centuries less advanced than Gundams. Unless you quote some fairer example, your case doesn't stand at all.
What's the difference in what she shot? It's as much hard to hit a Tieren at that speed as to hit a Gundam at the same speed.
BioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 09:18   Link #148
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GUNDAM CITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRanger View Post
What's the difference in what she shot? It's as much hard to hit a Tieren at that speed as to hit a Gundam at the same speed.
Well the targets were stationary and were directly infront of her,those units don't have the overwhelming attack power as a gundam mobile suit which can make it less easy for it to be targeted since it will provide alot more pressure on the enemy pilot. Also if i remember correctly neena needed to get really close to them before she could fire at them and the closer u are to the target the more easy it is to aim and shoot at them for obvious reasons.

But nena was preety fast on the trigger during that moment but hey we can't let a one moment wonder determine how good she is as a pilot can we?
__________________
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 03:15   Link #149
Yavie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The Trinities were decent pilots,but not much more.The difference would really appear when comparing Michael's piloting with Ali's the moment he got Zwei,in which before Trans-Am got unlocked singled handedly disarmed Exia's three solid swords and his shield in less than a minute in a weakened low energy Zwei.

Would they have improved in the future?Perhaps they will by a bit,but they pretty much lack experience and when finally faced with suits their own level,they pretty much falter.
I'd say the Trinities were above 'average', but yes they weren't the best pilots ion teh shwo either. But look at Setsuna from season one and two (before he became Innovator), he seemed to be less than average. They made Setsuna appear better thpugh because the plot/show was making him into 'the hero'.

Saachez isn't a good example either. Mizushima has said that they two best pilots in the Gundam00 universe were Saachez and Sergei Smirnov. So it's only natural that Saachez would be a lot better than Michael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Precisely, Nena's unit was a support type. There must be a reason why that is so. And I believe that reason has to do with her inferiority in skills compared to only her own "siblings".
No, they Thrones were created as a strike unit. Somebody in their group had to take on the role as the support. Or are you saying that Tieria is a worse Pilot than Setsuna of Season one just because he is using the support/altillery-type Gundam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Nena shot down Tierens. Those were mobile suits that were centuries less advanced than Gundams. Unless you quote some fairer example, your case doesn't stand at all.
Gundams, Tierens, Regnants or Weddings -- it woudln't have made any difference if they had all stood still. She fired at them when she herself were moving. Before you continue this conversation I suggest you go get yourself a rifle, then go to a practice range and see how 'easy' it is to hit the targetboards when you are moving around. See if you can even hit them much less strike them dead center.

Add that your enemies move while you are moving and hitting them has more to do with luck than it has skill. That the other pilots continous to hit their targets even when they both are moving is unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Somewhat competent pilots could at least hold its fort against Regnant for a while, and maybe for some curving beam shots. Her dexterity in dealing with Regnant's shots were simply too poor to acknowledge her as a more-than-competent pilot. Besides, she wasn't able to dodge ANY of Regnant's fangs. Throne Drei had defensive capabilities, but an "impressive pilot" like her wasn't able to make use of it?
No, you are wrong. The Regnant owned the Seravee Gundam, the Arios Gundam and the GN-Archer. All at the same time. All of these were much more agile and faster units than the Drei and they were controlled by pilots that are above average.
They were owned faster than the Drei and would have gotten raped if 00Gundam hadn't showed up.

Likewise the only reason Setsuna were able to attack it's fangs was because he had a much faster and agile unit and had gone Inovator by then.

Nena did manage to hit ONE of the fangs even in her crappy Drei and this despite that she was only using a blaster in an outdated support unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Well the targets were stationary and were directly infront of her,those units don't have the overwhelming attack power as a gundam mobile suit which can make it less easy for it to be targeted since it will provide alot more pressure on the enemy pilot. Also if i remember correctly neena needed to get really close to them before she could fire at them and the closer u are to the target the more easy it is to aim and shoot at them for obvious reasons.
Your argument doesn't make much sense to me. Yes you could have made her attack a newer unit, but old or new it doesn't make her attack any less impressive.

And no, she wasn't close when she made the first two shots -- only the third shot was from midrange when swooping downwards at an angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
But hey we can't let a one moment wonder determine how good she is as a pilot can we?
I can't think of a single battle in Gundam00 where a pilot was made to look good and win and impressive fight unless it was demanded by the plot. By your way of reasoning we can't say that any pilot in the show is any good because they were only made to look good for plot contrivance.

Nena simply didn't have enough scenes that the plot could allow her to win. So, we can only judge her abilities based on the few fighting scenes where it didn't matter if she won or lost.
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 03:24   Link #150
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
No. The Regnant's first combat sortie did NOT take down the three units faster than it did the Drei. The Seravee, Arios, and Archer all dodged like mad throughout the fight, while fighting two GNZ suits that were also harrying them. It took the two GNZ suits breaking their line to cause the Regnant to immobilize them.

The Drei, on the other hand, was decimated within seconds. The moment it appeared, it landed a hit on the Drei, then another one, before finally butchering it and destroying it. All within mere seconds.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 07:40   Link #151
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GUNDAM CITY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post

I can't think of a single battle in Gundam00 where a pilot was made to look good and win and impressive fight unless it was demanded by the plot. By your way of reasoning we can't say that any pilot in the show is any good because they were only made to look good for plot contrivance.

Nena simply didn't have enough scenes that the plot could allow her to win. So, we can only judge her abilities based on the few fighting scenes where it didn't matter if she won or lost.
Well yes the plot didn't allow nena to showcase much of her skills which goes to show that nena is someone who isn't suppose to be a top pilot and therefore means she isn't a top pilot.

She shot down two mobile suits that are outdated compared to her machine and these machines also lacked the firepower to cause some serious damage to throne drei. Those machines also lacked accuracy and were preety slow on the trigger making it easy for nena to move in on them with no pressure at all on her. So they weren't really given nena something to worry about. These machines also lack the mobility to move out the way of such shots which means nena didn't have to worry about them dodging and countering and can fire away like crazy.

here is the scene and from the looks of it , nena missed the first shot and landed the second from long range and the second shot she got really close to the tieren.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3MIaYDvNGw

When i said " we can't let a one moment wonder determine if she is a skilled pilot", i mean't that we can't just say she is good pilot based on ONE moment alone. I didn't say " we can't let ALL the small moments alone determine it" . but she hasn't had much moments to begin with and most of her success as a pilot as come from taken out low tech non GN MS.
__________________

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2010-04-07 at 07:52.
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:09   Link #152
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
I'd say the Trinities were above 'average', but yes they weren't the best pilots ion teh shwo either. But look at Setsuna from season one and two (before he became Innovator), he seemed to be less than average. They made Setsuna appear better thpugh because the plot/show was making him into 'the hero'.

Saachez isn't a good example either. Mizushima has said that they two best pilots in the Gundam00 universe were Saachez and Sergei Smirnov. So it's only natural that Saachez would be a lot better than Michael.

No, they Thrones were created as a strike unit. Somebody in their group had to take on the role as the support. Or are you saying that Tieria is a worse Pilot than Setsuna of Season one just because he is using the support/altillery-type Gundam?

Gundams, Tierens, Regnants or Weddings -- it woudln't have made any difference if they had all stood still. She fired at them when she herself were moving. Before you continue this conversation I suggest you go get yourself a rifle, then go to a practice range and see how 'easy' it is to hit the targetboards when you are moving around. See if you can even hit them much less strike them dead center.

Add that your enemies move while you are moving and hitting them has more to do with luck than it has skill. That the other pilots continous to hit their targets even when they both are moving is unrealistic.

No, you are wrong. The Regnant owned the Seravee Gundam, the Arios Gundam and the GN-Archer. All at the same time. All of these were much more agile and faster units than the Drei and they were controlled by pilots that are above average.
They were owned faster than the Drei and would have gotten raped if 00Gundam hadn't showed up.

Likewise the only reason Setsuna were able to attack it's fangs was because he had a much faster and agile unit and had gone Inovator by then.

Nena did manage to hit ONE of the fangs even in her crappy Drei and this despite that she was only using a blaster in an outdated support unit.

Your argument doesn't make much sense to me. Yes you could have made her attack a newer unit, but old or new it doesn't make her attack any less impressive.

And no, she wasn't close when she made the first two shots -- only the third shot was from midrange when swooping downwards at an angle.

I can't think of a single battle in Gundam00 where a pilot was made to look good and win and impressive fight unless it was demanded by the plot. By your way of reasoning we can't say that any pilot in the show is any good because they were only made to look good for plot contrivance.

Nena simply didn't have enough scenes that the plot could allow her to win. So, we can only judge her abilities based on the few fighting scenes where it didn't matter if she won or lost.
And from your avatar, it's likely that you're a Nena fangirl, and that you are simply too obsessed with Nena Trinity to accept any form of criticism against her.

Virtue or Seravee, they were NEVER planned to be support units for the other Gundams. They were essentially heavy combat mobile suits. Heavy combat does not equate to support units. The only support units Celestial Being had in the anime were the GN Arms, GN Archer and 0 Raiser.

Your example of rifles are simply atrocious. Humans have the aid of eyes, Drei had both Nena and the OS to determine the targets. Such a stark contrast would obviously explain why Drei was able to hit the targets. If we were to assign Nena a conventional combat role, I wonder how she would fare, though I think we know the answer already.

Your usage of the word "owned" is disturbing. "Owned" means that the Regnant thrashed its victim totally, without them being able to dodge or retaliate. It does seem that this wasn't the case.

And hey, please spell "Innovade" correctly. And it wasn't 00 Gundam that defeated Regnant, but rather 00 Raiser. There is a humongous difference in power between one which has an unstable energy source and the other with uncomparable abilities and potential.

Face it, Nena was never a good pilot. "Decent" would be the most we can give to her.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:14   Link #153
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth Cradle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The Trinities were decent pilots,but not much more.The difference would really appear when comparing Michael's piloting with Ali's the moment he got Zwei,in which before Trans-Am got unlocked singled handedly disarmed Exia's three solid swords and his shield in less than a minute in a weakened low energy Zwei.

Would they have improved in the future?Perhaps they will by a bit,but they pretty much lack experience and when finally faced with suits their own level,they pretty much falter.
Ali is just that good.

On the other subject, Nena being killed by Louise was one of the biggest jobber in all of Gundam.
__________________
Sanger Zonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:26   Link #154
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
They made Setsuna appear better thpugh because the plot/show was making him into 'the hero'.
Quote:
Nena simply didn't have enough scenes that the plot could allow her to win. So, we can only judge her abilities based on the few fighting scenes where it didn't matter if she won or lost.
This is all going down to "they didn't show it, but it doesn't mean it's not true" "it" being the skills.

Another " The best Gundam pilot from UC to AU" coming in our way...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 22:45   Link #155
Yavie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No. The Regnant's first combat sortie did NOT take down the three units faster than it did the Drei. The Seravee, Arios, and Archer all dodged like mad throughout the fight, while fighting two GNZ suits that were also harrying them. It took the two GNZ suits breaking their line to cause the Regnant to immobilize them.
No they didn't dodge like mad. The first beam was aimed at two mobile suits at the same time so it couldn't home in on them. Check out when it angles and goes after them... it passes between them after they have moved only slightly away from it.
The second beam angles and HITS Tieria. If his MS didn't have such a powerful GN-field he would have been toast and died there.
The third and forth beam goes after the Arios but they are shot from a Gadessa. The Arios when in MA/airplane form is built for agility and speed so Allelujha can avoid those attacks. The fifth beam is one shot by the Regnant so Soma comes and distracts its homing ability. The seventh beam is also shot by the Regnant but by then Allelujha has read it's pattern. Even so he is almost tagged again. The sixth beam hits Allelujha easily since he isn't in MA mode at the time. Louise fires another of her homing beam stupid into the middle of three MS which basically negates it's homing effect. It is easily avoided because Louise tried to target multiple targets with a weapon never created for that purpose.

Nena's battle lasts around 1 minute.

The three MS fight scene are dragged out for 3 minutes... but in reality it should be less since we keep getting shown scenes from when Lyle is fighting Anew at the same time.

But even so 3 MS equals 3 minutes each, and these three are all far superior machines to the Throne Drei. So no, The Regnant pwns those units as easily as it pwned the Drei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The Drei, on the other hand, was decimated within seconds. The moment it appeared, it landed a hit on the Drei, then another one, before finally butchering it and destroying it. All within mere seconds.
No, it all took one minute... (I'm not including the execution itself when she impaled the core.) And the first attack was a surprise attack. The Ptolemy crew saw which direction the Regnant was heading from and saw when the beam was shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
This is all going down to "they didn't show it, but it doesn't mean it's not true" "it" being the skills.
No, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying that characters like Nena didn't have a chance to really prove to us whether they were good or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Well yes the plot didn't allow nena to showcase much of her skills which goes to show that nena is someone who isn't suppose to be a top pilot and therefore means she isn't a top pilot.
No that only means that the show didn't give her a chance to showcase her skills or lack thereof. In Sergei's, Mizushima has stated that he was the best pilot in the show. But how many really good scenes did he get? He was winning against Setsuna but then lost beause the plot demanded, and surviving because the plot demanded it. After that He did some dodging and shooting but nothing we haven't seen grunts do. Then his moment to shine, he gets to kick the Drei... but the Drei isn't as agile as the the GN-X so... And then he has that battle against the Gundams in space... where he gets shot down even though they are 20 vs 4+

Does that mean that the best pilot in the show isn't any good? Or does it just show that the plot didn't allow him to get any kills because that would have changed the story to much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
here is the scene and from the looks of it , nena missed the first shot and landed the second from long range and the second shot she got really close to the tieren.
That's no good. I've rewatched that more than twenty times and this is the first time I noticed that there wasn't actually a Tierien where she aimed the first beam at. Still, that's still some pretty impressing shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
And from your avatar, it's likely that you're a Nena fangirl, and that you are simply too obsessed with Nena Trinity to accept any form of criticism against her.
Yessssh she ish the besth char evar!!!

No but seriously, I liked her based on what I first saw. I'm not making up crap as I go along. It just seems that way when there are several people debating against me and I'm the only one trying to defend my point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Virtue or Seravee, they were NEVER planned to be support units for the other Gundams. They were essentially heavy combat mobile suits. Heavy combat does not equate to support units.
Sure it does. They are meant to stay far behind your own lines and bombard the enemy while you send in the infantry to keep the enemy in place. Then again you could say that the Infantry would be the Heavy artilleries support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Your example of rifles are simply atrocious. Humans have the aid of eyes, Drei had both Nena and the OS to determine the targets.
No, now you are just making stuff up. You don't know that Nena's OS could do that any more than you know that the Tierien didn't have an OS that aimed for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
"Owned" means that the Regnant thrashed its victim totally, without them being able to dodge or retaliate. It does seem that this wasn't the case.
Sure it does. Once the Regnant had them in its electro grapple they were history. They were three against one, fighting a pilot that tried using a oming beam on multiple targets on the same time. Ribboins is lucky Louise didn't accidently target any of the Innovade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
it wasn't 00 Gundam that defeated Regnant, but rather 00 Raiser. There is a humongous difference in power between one which has an unstable energy source and the other with uncomparable abilities and potential.
No, the 00raiser is that powerpack that Saji was flying. When it combined with the 00Gundam it was just used as a stabilizer or whatever. And neither of them defeated the Regnant, they won because Louise wanted to snuggle with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Nena was never a good pilot. "Decent" would be the most we can give to her.
And Setsuna wasn't even that before he became an Innovator. Ah sorry, I hope your avatar doesn't mean your a fanboy of Setsuna amirite?

Last edited by Yavie; 2010-04-07 at 22:45. Reason: spelling
Yavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 22:51   Link #156
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
And Setsuna wasn't even that before he became an Innovator. Ah sorry, I hope your avatar doesn't mean your a fanboy of Setsuna amirite?
FACT: Taking on an Ahead and GN-XIII in a royally fucked up Gundam that is 5 years old is skill.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 00:33   Link #157
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
No, that's not what I'm saying. I am saying that characters like Nena didn't have a chance to really prove to us whether they were good or not.
Quote:
No that only means that the show didn't give her a chance to showcase her skills or lack thereof.
Which is what I'm trying to say.

And to be honest, I doubt you could persuade any people here with that kind of argument. It'll all end's up to all of you doing some sort of ceasefire (which would be broken when someone mentioned Nena again, I am sure of it.)
__________

Anyway, I'm bored so...

Quote:
But look at Setsuna from season one and two (before he became Innovator), he seemed to be less than average
I'd say he was above average, though not the ace type. He did ok in his melee MS. And throwing knives should be harder since there seems to be no locking system for it /jk though I still say those were impressive.

Quote:
No, you are wrong. The Regnant owned the Seravee Gundam, the Arios Gundam and the GN-Archer. All at the same time. All of these were much more agile and faster units than the Drei and they were controlled by pilots that are above average.
They were owned faster than the Drei and would have gotten raped if 00Gundam hadn't showed up.
They weren't 'owned' faster. TBH, they did good.

And to be honest, comparing them to how Throne Drei fared to Regnant is really bad.
1) Drei Vs. Regnant is 1 on 1. Compared Regnant vs. CB, it's not like that. it's Innovators vs. CB. Regnant isn't the only reason why Arios, Archer and Seravee faltered.
2) Drei is outdated.

Then...
Quote:
...But even so 3 MS equals 3 minutes each, and these three are all far superior machines to the Throne Drei. So no, The Regnant pwns those units as easily as it pwned the Drei.
I have to admit this is a twisted logic. If it's each MS against Regnant, this could have work. However, as I said, this is team, a unit, against the Innovators, not Regnant alone.

Now Sergei...
Quote:
He was winning against Setsuna but then lost beause the plot demanded...
The plot didn't 'demand' for it. Exia just have many beam sabers. I doubt plot could hve commanded/demmanded it at that point since its pretty clear that Exia has beam sabers. Though if you said, Exia have a plot armour...

Quote:
After that He did some dodging and shooting but nothing we haven't seen grunts do.
Which is better than other grunts. The Tierens just got decimated by the fangs if I remember correctly. And he just dodged good.

Quote:
Then his moment to shine, he gets to kick the Drei... but the Drei isn't as agile as the the GN-X so...
They should be about the same. If I remember correctly, Soma once commented that Nena is just sloppy, or to that extent.

Of course, no offense.

Quote:
And then he has that battle against the Gundams in space... where he gets shot down even though they are 20 vs 4+
...He was the last to get shot down.

And that was against Trans-AM. And other factors.

Quote:
Taking on an Ahead and GN-XIII in a royally fucked up Gundam that is 5 years old is skill.
Ah no, that's just crazy. If he cut on of them one on one, that's skill. But he didn't.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 05:29   Link #158
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: GUNDAM CITY
Quote:
No that only means that the show didn't give her a chance to showcase her skills or lack thereof. In Sergei's, Mizushima has stated that he was the best pilot in the show. But how many really good scenes did he get? He was winning against Setsuna but then lost beause the plot demanded, and surviving because the plot demanded it. After that He did some dodging and shooting but nothing we haven't seen grunts do. Then his moment to shine, he gets to kick the Drei... but the Drei isn't as agile as the the GN-X so... And then he has that battle against the Gundams in space... where he gets shot down even though they are 20 vs 4+

Does that mean that the best pilot in the show isn't any good? Or does it just show that the plot didn't allow him to get any kills because that would have changed the story to much.
I do agree with you that scenes alone shouldn't be used to determine if a pilot is skilled or not. So other then scenes, we do also have to consider the pilots history and also the position the pilot is in.

Sergei, he is a guy who we know has loads of experience as a pilot and in gundam 00 he is in a commanding position. We also know that people in those positions must be damn right awesome as pilots and have loads of experience as one. So yes he does have less scenes to showcase his skills but there is alot of other things that suggest he is a accomplished pilot when we look at his history and the position he is. WE know his expertise are highly valued with his fellow pilots and he is looked up to by them. He is also a guy that receives the latest mobile suits because of his exceptional skills as a pilot.

As for nena, she hasn't got much history behind her as pilot along with a lack of scenes which showcase her skills as one. She was given a support machine and she required the aid of a haro during missions. She isn't in a position that could hint to us that she is a very good pilot since she is piloting a machine which is for support purposes just like some of the guys said above. She probably lacks the most battle experience among the trinities since her role during battles was to spread the GN stealth field and we know that pilots who lack experience tend to be the ones who lacks skills for obvious reasons.So nena isn't in a position or serving a role that suggests she is a top class pilot. You also have to question why is it that nena wasn't given a unit where she could fully utilize her skills as a pilot? maybe its because she didn't have much skills as a pilot to begin with perhaps?.

Question: I know that nena was made from ribbons DNA but does she still come under innovator or supersoldier? Her eyes glow as a innovator does which suggests she uses QBW. But what level of QBW does she have? is it a higher level then the QBW of a supersoldier?
__________________

Last edited by GundamMeisterLockon; 2010-04-08 at 10:01.
GundamMeisterLockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:08   Link #159
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Singapore
@ Yavie

Since I don't have much time, I need to do my PI, I shall make one clarification, and be prepared for embarassment, hey?

00 Raiser is not the backpack that Saji piloted, it is 0 Raiser.

00 Raiser is an upgraded mobile suit of the 00 Gundam and the 0 Raiser combined.

0 Raiser is not the stabilizer of the Twin Drive System of 00 Gundam, a stabilizer device implanted into it was. Besides, the 0 Raiser also doubled as a support unit.

And I'm not a Setsuna fanboy, I'm a Gundam 00 fan.

I suggest you watch the whole series again, please. I'm sick and tired of erroneous statements made by you.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:48   Link #160
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hot Non-Winter Place
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavie View Post
No, the 00raiser is that powerpack that Saji was flying. When it combined with the 00Gundam it was just used as a stabilizer or whatever. And neither of them defeated the Regnant, they won because Louise wanted to snuggle with them.
The only reason Ragnant threatened 00 Raiser the 2nd time was because neither wanted to risk harming Louise which Saji especially wanted to save,when it happened the first time Ragnant was just another faceless enemy that they could pull all the stops with.
__________________
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.