AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 151 66.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 17.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 4.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.75%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-20, 08:31   Link #481
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Although, hasn't it been established that this genki appearance is just a mask? What was her reason for putting it on?
When did that happen? That's just her normal personality, I think...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 08:42   Link #482
CaptGloval
New Macross soon
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macross 30 Emigration Fleet
Well, during the summer vacation and afterward, whenever she's with Ryuuji she's gotten a little bit comfortable and she notices the change herself like saying how she has been speaking normally. But I'm not too sure either and would like a clarification.
CaptGloval is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 08:44   Link #483
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 28
Quote:
What got me curious rather was why at the start, aside from Kitamura (because their parents were friends so they have long known each other) and Taiga (because she doesn't give a sh*t about his reputation), Minori could approach Ryuuji and not get intimidated or frightened. Was it because she's just sunshiny and nice with everyone?
Actually I think Minori is established to be very perceptive. Thats why she could see that Taiga's dad was a douche despite his smile.

Also I think part of the reason why Ryuuji crushed on Minori was because being perceptive she saw what a nice guy he was and never acted intimated by him. She treated him normally. Though I dont think she had any stronger attraction to him in freshmen year other than classmate/friend because at the first rumors of him and Taiga together she never felt threatened or awkward in anyway. Very different to recent eps indicating very strongly that she indeed fall for Ryuuji as well.
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 10:30   Link #484
roan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Actually I think Minori is established to be very perceptive. Thats why she could see that Taiga's dad was a douche despite his smile.
She didn't. She got dooped the same as Ryuuji and didn't save the day.
roan is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 10:34   Link #485
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Actually I think Minori is established to be very perceptive. Thats why she could see that Taiga's dad was a douche despite his smile.

Also I think part of the reason why Ryuuji crushed on Minori was because being perceptive she saw what a nice guy he was and never acted intimated by him. She treated him normally. Though I dont think she had any stronger attraction to him in freshmen year other than classmate/friend because at the first rumors of him and Taiga together she never felt threatened or awkward in anyway. Very different to recent eps indicating very strongly that she indeed fall for Ryuuji as well.
Yes, Minori is perceptive, but that are incorrect evidence. If you're talking about during Ep11-13, Minori knew Taiga's dad is an ass plugger because the same incident happened to her before. If you're already referring to that incident, Minori was actually tricked by the same tactic used by dad, and overall she didn't see "right through" him.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 11:22   Link #486
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 28
Fine, fine wrong example.

Still Minori's perceptiveness seems like part of the reason why Ryuuji liked her.
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline  
Old 2009-02-20, 11:50   Link #487
roan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Fine, fine wrong example.

Still Minori's perceptiveness seems like part of the reason why Ryuuji liked her.
No. He likes her, same as Taiga, because of her bubbly personality.
roan is offline  
Old 2009-02-21, 00:15   Link #488
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Well, during the summer vacation and afterward, whenever she's with Ryuuji she's gotten a little bit comfortable and she notices the change herself like saying how she has been speaking normally. But I'm not too sure either and would like a clarification.
Nope, Minori's upbeat and cheery side is her real personality. Emorin is just a period of confusion she went through.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2009-02-21, 00:40   Link #489
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
I don't think you can really pinpoint that in a certain situation someone is displaying their "real personality." It's just the same personality reacting differently to different situations (and as a result different aspects of the personality might be showing).
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Old 2009-02-21, 04:02   Link #490
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Actually, I remember the whole "speaking normally" bit. Got me curious, now...
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline  
Old 2009-02-21, 10:25   Link #491
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Ryuuji started loves Minori because of her personality, so cheerful and energetic... she was light, speaking with everyone... he was in the shadows everybody was affraid of him. Ryuuji even didn't know Taiga at all.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 19:27   Link #492
9taileddemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The forbidden hegemony
Hey, does anyone know what the song/music is called that plays in the background when Taiga runs after Ryuuji? I love that music and keep rewatching that segment since that is the only place I have noticed the music before, but I am starting to feel evil since it requires me to also listen to Taiga crying her eyes out over and over.

So does anyone know what is called so I can look for it?
9taileddemon is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 19:55   Link #493
Meatrose
Antihero
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Area 11
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Hey, does anyone know what the song/music is called that plays in the background when Taiga runs after Ryuuji? I love that music and keep rewatching that segment since that is the only place I have noticed the music before, but I am starting to feel evil since it requires me to also listen to Taiga crying her eyes out over and over.

So does anyone know what is called so I can look for it?
That piece is called "Lost My Pieces" and has actually been used for several scenes. You'll find it in the end of episodes 2 (17:26), 8 (19:47), 16 (19:26) and 19 (18:49). You'll also find the piano version in episodes 11 (20:47) and 15 (14:27).

I love it too since it's, at least according to me, the strongest piece on the original soundtrack. From the moment I finished reading volume 7 I wished that they would use "Lost My Pieces" for that scene, and to be honest... it would've been quite surprising if they had decided not to. =)
__________________

Last edited by Meatrose; 2009-02-22 at 20:20.
Meatrose is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 21:14   Link #494
9taileddemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The forbidden hegemony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
That piece is called "Lost My Pieces" and has actually been used for several scenes. You'll find it in the end of episodes 2 (17:26), 8 (19:47), 16 (19:26) and 19 (18:49). You'll also find the piano version in episodes 11 (20:47) and 15 (14:27).

I love it too since it's, at least according to me, the strongest piece on the original soundtrack. From the moment I finished reading volume 7 I wished that they would use "Lost My Pieces" for that scene, and to be honest... it would've been quite surprising if they had decided not to. =)
Ah. Thank you. Now that I think about it I remember hearing it during those times as well. 19's moment just happened to be really strong. Especially since the first swell appears at the same time as when Taiga smashes her way out of her room and starts to chase Ryuuji.

And yeah, if it wasn't for that music I think the whole moment would have lost a lot of its power and passion.
9taileddemon is offline  
Old 2009-02-22, 21:19   Link #495
Raiga
tl;dr
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
And yeah, if it wasn't for that music I think the whole moment would have lost a lot of its power and passion.
Agreed. IMO the music is one of the most important aspects of setting the mood of a scene, if not the most important. Sure the visuals and acting play a huge role in it as well, but the music can really make or break the emotional impact of a scene.
__________________
Raiga is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 06:00   Link #496
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Agreed. IMO the music is one of the most important aspects of setting the mood of a scene, if not the most important. Sure the visuals and acting play a huge role in it as well, but the music can really make or break the emotional impact of a scene.
If you notice, "Lost my Pieces" as a track by itself loses a large portion of its impact very quickly. In the OST, each of the tracks just don't have that "oomph" they had in the anime. If you ask me, audio, animation and characters are all equally important in fleshing out an emotional scene. You take one out, the rest are meaningless.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 06:55   Link #497
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
If you notice, "Lost my Pieces" as a track by itself loses a large portion of its impact very quickly. In the OST, each of the tracks just don't have that "oomph" they had in the anime. If you ask me, audio, animation and characters are all equally important in fleshing out an emotional scene. You take one out, the rest are meaningless.
I dunno, "Tiger vs Dragon" and "Tears of Dragon" are pretty good by themselves. "Start Up!" as well.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 14:15   Link #498
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Its a common problem with OST BGM music - its meant to augment a scene and often doesn't stand alone fantastically. I consider an OST a smashing success if I like more than 5 or 6 of the tracks (meaning I listen to them more than once). To me, listenable means I like the track without any reference to the thematic situations it was attached to.
I think the highest ratio I ever achieved for an anime series was "Petopetosan" which had probably 10 or more tracks that were listenable without knowing a thing about the series.
Vexx is offline  
Old 2009-02-23, 15:35   Link #499
k'2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cairo in Egypt
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its a common problem with OST BGM music - its meant to augment a scene and often doesn't stand alone fantastically. I consider an OST a smashing success if I like more than 5 or 6 of the tracks (meaning I listen to them more than once). To me, listenable means I like the track without any reference to the thematic situations it was attached to.
I think the highest ratio I ever achieved for an anime series was "Petopetosan" which had probably 10 or more tracks that were listenable without knowing a thing about the series.

That's right cause they aren't made for listening to alone and they must be equal with the personal feelings of the character speaking or the something that's happening
__________________
k'2 is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 18:48   Link #500
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
I personally prefer the tracks to merely compliment the scene they're used in which Lost My Pieces does beautifully. Then again I don't think I listen to show music outside of opening/closing themes. I will say I've watched Taiga's running/breakdown scene over a dozen times now and I've really come to appreciate how perfect this particular song and how it's used by the director here.
typhonsentra is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.