AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 16 22.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 27.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-16, 04:07   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Interesting. Now we get to see Accelerator as an actual person. I was quite surprised that he's trying to take the "good guy" route. He seemed like the selfish type when we first saw him, but now he seems like a protagonist? Frankly I don't get it. But still, entertaining as hell.

9/10
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 05:33   Link #62
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
It's a joke. And not directed at you either. So chill out if I offended you
I just misunderstood then and I wasn't offended.. uhm more like surprised/indisbelief.

btw, If the sisters do go berserk they can't hurt anybody since, I recalled Misaka said that they were all out of academy city.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 05:33   Link #63
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
I didn't much care for loli Misaka's speech patterns. MISAKA's speech patterns were annoying enough, but loli Misaka repeating "Misaka says" twice every time she spoke was really offputting.

Her attempts at amateur psychiatry on Accelerator were interesting. As KaneDragon points out, he's pretty much a good guy now.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 06:37   Link #64
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 45
Amen to what Sorrow-K said.

Somehow the show tries to use strange schticks of speaking patterns when it comes to the characters. For example the adverb talk ("Coincidentally, blah. Naturally, blah.") from Izzard, to the MISAKA third-person talk from Misaka Imouto... and now Last Order is topping it off. I can say that it made our translator truly _mad_ about it, and it's irritating to me too.

I mean, isn't a loli clad in a cloak weird enough? Do we NEED this annoying speaking habit? RRR.

On the plus side, she was moe and funny at the same time. Particularly her "Yay! Immediate a
nswer, immediate rejection, big fat no!" act was hilarious (and made for a funny animated avatar). And what a name... "Last Order", like the last drink ordered in a British pub before closing time.

Looking forward to some more cheekiness of the latest loli!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 09:01   Link #65
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I thought the MISAKA third person was funny but this time it really was annoying with her doing it twice. I hope they fix that when they save her. A nice version patch for all of them would be nice, lol.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 09:10   Link #66
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I thought the MISAKA third person was funny but this time it really was annoying with her doing it twice. I hope they fix that when they save her. A nice version patch for all of them would be nice, lol.
Lol, Speech Patch Ver. 1.1.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 10:59   Link #67
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
btw, If the sisters do go berserk they can't hurt anybody since, I recalled Misaka said that they were all out of academy city.
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y why they are dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Somehow the show tries to use strange schticks of speaking patterns when it comes to the characters. For example the adverb talk ("Coincidentally, blah. Naturally, blah.") from Izzard, to the MISAKA third-person talk from Misaka Imouto... and now Last Order is topping it off. I can say that it made our translator truly _mad_ about it, and it's irritating to me too.
It's one of the author's hobbies, I guess. Kind of like how the author likes using cool English words here and there.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 11:31   Link #68
Cinocard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It's both quality, and quantity.

It truly irritates me, those Misaka clones. Misaka, shaddup, Misaka. Truly, this show talks too much, and pretty much more than half of the dialogue is nearly intolerable.

If not because of that, Accelerator skin, and Index version 2 in Ep 16, I may even give this show a 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Wow.. an entire episode w/o seeing either of the main characters. Amazing. I think we only heard Index from that apartment building for a moment and that was it.
And not for the next Ep either.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 16:47   Link #69
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
And not for the next Ep either.
That's because it takes place on the same day that Touma pretends to be Misaka's boyfriend for a bit and fight the other guy. Overhearing Index shouting at Touma was supposed to tell us that.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 00:09   Link #70
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
After thinking something about this episode I just realized something...

In all honesty, if Accelerator becomes a protagonist after this, his attitude will be my favorite ever.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 00:16   Link #71
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
Heh, I have to agree with most in here that loli Misaka is really annoying. Imouto Misaka was actually kind of interesting because she speaks in a slower and clearer tone, but loli Misaka is just plain pain on the ears.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 02:27   Link #72
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
accelerator = vegeta (dbz)
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 02:56   Link #73
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y why they are dangerous.
gaahh, I forgot that academy city is a secret thing and outside of it are the normal ones.
Quote:
accelerator = vegeta (dbz)
Unlike Vegeta, Accelerator doesn't go all pursuing/getting revenge from the guy who beat him up like crap. Pretty much like what chaos2frozen said.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 10:53   Link #74
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I don't see how this can be a 24 episode series. There isn't any real overall plot line that needs conclusion and its been made up of mini-arcs that resolve themselves without affecting the overall story.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 13:54   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't see how this can be a 24 episode series. There isn't any real overall plot line that needs conclusion and its been made up of mini-arcs that resolve themselves without affecting the overall story.



Your point?


(And I have to point out that the results of saving both Index and Misaka have an strong effect on both magic and science world.)
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 14:26   Link #76
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't see how this can be a 24 episode series. There isn't any real overall plot line that needs conclusion and its been made up of mini-arcs that resolve themselves without affecting the overall story.
Actually there is a point for all of these stories.
Spoiler for Suspected Future plot:
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 15:13   Link #77
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't see how this can be a 24 episode series. There isn't any real overall plot line that needs conclusion and its been made up of mini-arcs that resolve themselves without affecting the overall story.
Even if you say that, there are quite a number of series like that. Like ToLoveRu and such.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 17:30   Link #78
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: São Paulo, Hell
8/10

Enjoyable episode, far from being a masterpiece. It's a 'you like these characters? another story w/ 'em for you guys!' stuff.

Really like Last Order, even with the MISAKA [with echo] way-of-talk [yes, it's 'kinda' annoying]. And Accelerator... Yeah, serenade_beta is right, but it's an anime and I personally pardoned him.

Touma? Index? They don't really matter, IMO, in this series - especially the nun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't see how this can be a 24 episode series. There isn't any real overall plot line that needs conclusion and its been made up of mini-arcs that resolve themselves without affecting the overall story.
Based in your point, Haruhi series should only have the six main episodes. Just one example.
__________________
Back and better.

Last edited by qwerty_; 2009-02-17 at 17:35. Reason: Adding Mini-Review
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 17:36   Link #79
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I'm just saying is all. This feels like a series that would have an overall story line with a goal at the end which would conclude the story.

__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 19:32   Link #80
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Heh, I have to agree with most in here that loli Misaka is really annoying. Imouto Misaka was actually kind of interesting because she speaks in a slower and clearer tone, but loli Misaka is just plain pain on the ears.
Then you guys are nuts! Loli Misaka is soooo adorable, it makes me want to hug her, and kiss her, and love her to bits.

Decent episode. It's kinda funny how those thugs think they can beat Acc(wtf IS his real name? Yes you may spoil me if its not relevent to a future plot). I wonder just how much Touma has made an impression on the city. Anyway, getting back on topic, Omni from RC said it best, it really reminds me of Rin and Sesshoumaru, and how enjoyable it is to see them together, despite the fact that Rin really does absolutely nothing for most of the show.

Also, at the end, he got the device to kill Last Order right? Just making sure, since it didn't clarify which item did what.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.