AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-02-14, 16:23   Link #161
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
I dunno we can compare the manga and the anime since they are the same story but it is like comparing a movie to the book it is based on. Usually you will enjoy the movie or book more if you just forget the other one existed all together, admitedly some trainwrecks (like battlefield earth the movie) are so bad they can ruin everything they come in contact with.
youre right about that.
usually the book is allways much better then the movie, so we have to expect the Animes to lack something for the Mangas.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 14:24   Link #162
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I tend to think anime loses some of the sole that went into the manga...also I love to read more than anything so books usialy get better raitings from me....Love hina was very good in my opinion but it did tend to get a bit ....odd

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:17   Link #163
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
you can't expect anything else, when you know that LH was supposed to be a story within 3 volumes, and was then expanded like 4 times XD

Akamatsu was clearly overwhelmed by cheers and other crazy requests from rabid fans at that time, and we can obviously see a lot of events that are pointless and really redundant. (mol mol arc was really too much ~~)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 16:24   Link #164
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

true true something thats gose from a small tezz production and then became an overwhelming hit tends to make people run out of plot ideas

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:57   Link #165
Umaibo

I thought the manga was a masterpiece. Although, Mangaka always have the trouble making a slow beginning to his series which is ultimately a turn off to impatient people. He gave a similar slow introduction to Negima.

The anime, however, really sucked. It would be awesome if they can fully portray the entire manga series in 70+ episodes of anime.
Umaibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 04:59   Link #166
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

man I just got the best idea ever!!
someone has to remake the Love Hina Anime!!
let it follow the Manga completely and with much better Animation then the old Anime.
please someone do this!!!

Old 2007-02-26, 05:09   Link #167
Umaibo

Exactly! Like how they remade Kanon. =)
Old 2007-02-26, 05:13   Link #168
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usopsama View Post
Exactly! Like how they remade Kanon. =)
yeah thats the way!
*We'll just keep on dreaming because this will never ever happen*

Old 2007-02-26, 05:15   Link #169
Umaibo

I should also add to that, the remake of Negima. ="(
Old 2007-02-26, 07:49   Link #170
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
man I just got the best idea ever!!
someone has to remake the Love Hina Anime!!
let it follow the Manga completely and with much better Animation then the old Anime.
please someone do this!!!
In before Kyoto Animation worshiping.

I've thought the same thing for a while. It's possible that the original manga could even be improved upon in this way, as its flaws are now very apparent after so many years.
Old 2007-02-26, 12:10   Link #171
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Sorry, but as I said before, Kyo would MESS UP Love Hina and ANY other anime where more than 1 girl is in constant touch with each other.

Look at Kanon 2006, all the girls are very similar, even the mom looks like the daughter.

Love Hina does not deserve that kind of generic treatment. If Xebec is out, JC Staff or even Gonzo (*Gasp*) would do it better. Look at Maburaho or Vandread, those have 3 girls sharing screen time and I have no issues with their facial looks.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 12:23   Link #172
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
actually, kanon had this problem because of the original character design.
also, i don't think i'm blind or something, but the Akiko's and Nayuki's traits look different to me, with indeed lots of common points (they ARE daughter and mother after all). seriously, Kanon girls just share the same moe and beautiful traits, but they are looking different each other, not including the sizes and the hair styles/colors.

Haruhi and FMP Fumoffu/TSR are greatly different, though from the same studio (and don't tell me that they have the "1 girl model" syndrome : TSR had a very detailed character design, and even Yu Lan and Yu Fan can be recognized from each other, ignoring their different hair style, due their slight personal traits and expressions. and except how they did the eyes in Haruhi, mimicking the godly moe character design of Noizi Ito, Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki aren't looking the same.)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 13:22   Link #173
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
also, i don't think i'm blind or something, but the Akiko's and Nayuki's traits look different to me, with indeed lots of common points (they ARE daughter and mother after all). seriously, Kanon girls just share the same moe and beautiful traits, but they are looking different each other, not including the sizes and the hair styles/colors.

Haruhi and FMP Fumoffu/TSR are greatly different, though from the same studio (and don't tell me that they have the "1 girl model" syndrome : TSR had a very detailed character design, and even Yu Lan and Yu Fan can be recognized from each other, ignoring their different hair style, due their slight personal traits and expressions. and except how they did the eyes in Haruhi, mimicking the godly moe character design of Noizi Ito, Haruhi, Mikuru and Yuki aren't looking the same.)
I agree.
I think a Kyo remake of Love Hina would have been just the thing.

Old 2007-02-26, 13:48   Link #174
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

The manga of LH wasn't that great that it deserves a remake though. The last few volumes where just way over the top and most people would prolly consider this medicore. It's an old classic and let's keep it that way. :O
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 19:40   Link #175
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
The manga of LH wasn't that great that it deserves a remake though. The last few volumes where just way over the top and most people would prolly consider this medicore. It's an old classic and let's keep it that way. :O
Actually, that's why I would want a remake: to get rid of or improve upon the less-than-stellar aspects of it. Love Hina really runs all over the place in terms of quality of story, so it'd be nice to see some of holes filled and bumps smoothed over. Usually I'm also of the opinion to let a classic stay classic (glares at NGE: Iron Maiden 2nd), but I think this is a perfect candidate for a remake - especially since it's been seven years since the anime aired.
Old 2007-02-26, 23:33   Link #176
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The problem is most anime I have ever seen is started well before the manga finishes or even gets going good, it seems like whatever the hot manga is, will be garaunteed an anime. This means almost certainly the story will never satisfy as well as the manga can, if they waited till the manga was done though no one would want to watch the anime any more probably.
Old 2007-02-27, 03:14   Link #177
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

I would normally say that's true but take a good look a Haruhi Suzimiya and FMP Fumoffu. In the Hot Springs episode I really noticed that their faces were all alike.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 03:25   Link #178
slidingk1

A remake of love hina would be great but how about just show the arc where they get married.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 03:27   Link #179
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I would normally say that's true but take a good look a Haruhi Suzimiya and FMP Fumoffu. In the Hot Springs episode I really noticed that their faces were all alike.
sry but I don't agree
I easily find the differences in each character in that episode.
and I just watched Haruhi Suzimiya yesterday, and there were differences in each character there too.
maybe not everyone can spot the differences but I can.
and I think many other can too.
so I agree that I think a Kyo remake of Love Hina would have been just the thing.

Old 2007-02-27, 03:29   Link #180
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It would be very interesting to see a remake with a leaner *whole* story focusing on the quad-rangle center of the series (which essentially involve the Naru, Mutsumi, and Motoko threads with some splashes of Shinobu and ... sister ). Most of the Kaolla Su segments and participation were just massive derails (slapstick toy stupidity) outside of the very basic "moon" form story. Drop completely over-the-top slapstick violence (or at least use it sparingly) like knocking Keitaro into Team Rocket's special place in the sky which got really annoying in the anime (at least he landed someplace in the manga ).
Meh, I'm not going to try and design my preferred vision for a remake in a paragraph or two.... but given the recent penchant for remakes it would be nice to see a decent studio pick it up --- it was quite a hit in its time.

Hmmm, about 80% of the mangas I've ever picked up were because of the anime so doing an anime after the manga was complete would likely revitalize manga sales I would think.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem