AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-15, 11:35   Link #21
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I saw this on a "Most Anticipated Games of 2009" list a few weeks ago. This is going to be AWESOME. I cannot wait. CoD:MW was possibly the best shooter to come out since HL2, in my mind. The graphics were stunning, the character models and movements were great, the storyline was phenomenal for a military-themed FPS. I wish there had been more Marine missions, but I didn't dislike the SAS ones (except maybe escaping after the flashback mission; God I hated that). The Epilogue is just such a fun little mission that I play it through a few times just to play it every now and then. Still fun.

I waited to get CoD:MW for a couple months after it was released... but I'll be pre-ordering MW2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
But is it going to be deep and hard?
Surely you can't be serious.

(I love Airplane! references)

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 11:12   Link #22
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Relevant to our interests:
http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

They only have a teaser video for now, but notice the Analyze button on the bottom right that shows the entire spectrogram. I'm probably not wrong in assuming an ARG or viral game going on, but every game worth its salt is advertising itself in this fashion nowadays.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 13:28   Link #23
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
That doesn't give much, other than it looks like we may deal with MOAR RUSSIANS...

I'm glad they're coming out with another Modern Warfare...As much as a military enthusiast like me respects WWII, as a gamer, I'm kind of tired and bored of the WWII cliche...I really liked COD4 because it was set in a different environment with different weapons and battlefield techniques, and the story it told is somewhat inspired by real life but otherwise totally imaginary and not based on set history...Plus, I can relate more to a world with Middle Eastern terrorists and Russian ultranationalists than I can with Imperial Japanese and Nazi Germans...This day and age where asymmetrical warfare is the key to victory and special forces like 1st SFOD-D and SAS make that much of a bigger impact, it's kind of exciting for a video game to shine a spotlight on those unseen aspects of war...

I'm busting COD4 out again until this comes out...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 14:48   Link #24
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm wondering if this game will let us play as... whatever sides counts as evil in this game. Or even just not the Americans for a change.
Old 2009-03-26, 14:56   Link #25
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

^ Agreed. I would like to play Russian special forces or similar...or even the Ultranationalists or terrorists as that would certainly be...a change.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 16:43   Link #26
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
^ Agreed. I would like to play Russian special forces or similar...or even the Ultranationalists or terrorists as that would certainly be...a change.
That'd be cool. I certainly want to see how the pro-government side in Russia was dealing with the ultranationalists while the events in CoD4 raged on. Granted, it was probably either a stalemate or a losing battle, but what the SAS did to Zakhaev would have tipped the balance.

I heard some Japanese at the beginning, so it looks like some catalyst events take place at a Japanese airport. Maybe it'd involve Japan and its own nationalist problems, too?

Also... if I want to play a hypothetical war, I'd really want to see what could possibly happen if a second U.S. Civil War would (threaten to) happen.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 16:50   Link #27
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I heard some Japanese at the beginning, so it looks like some catalyst events take place at a Japanese airport. Maybe it'd involve Japan and its own nationalist problems, too?
Huh, actually didn't hear the voices that good. Now I have an excuse to check it again. That would also be quite a twist if you run around in Tokyo in a sniper situation...all those buildings...

Quote:
Also... if I want to play a hypothetical war, I'd really want to see what could possibly happen if a second U.S. Civil War would (threaten to) happen.
Now that would be an extremely interesting scenario.

Old 2009-03-26, 16:56   Link #28
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I would actually be interested in a game in which the US tries to conquer the world. We've had all the other superpowers do it, why not have the US be the bad guys for a change?
Old 2009-03-26, 16:58   Link #29
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

^ I want that too but... it's so controversial usually, as always.But who would be the good guys? hmm...

Old 2009-03-26, 17:04   Link #30
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Europe? We're usually cleaning up the US's mess anyway, might as well send us to clean up the source this time. :3
Old 2009-03-26, 17:10   Link #31
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Watch out so this doesn't turn into a different sort of debate

I first said NATO, then remembered they were in it lol. Yes, a military alliance among the European countries would be interesting. I'd like to see Leopards rolling through various European cities until it ends up overseas...this sounds like WiC now.

Old 2009-03-26, 20:51   Link #32
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Well, the first Modern Warfare managed to touch on the worst-case scenario if terrorists were able to get their hands on a nuclear warhead...I think what would make for a cool game would be a counter-terrorist situation on NATO soil where cells manage to make a full-scale assault on the Western countries within; Instead of fighting on foreign soil, the fight would be brought to domestic soil...

Maybe think what the current-running Season 4 episodes of "The Unit" would be like in game form...
Old 2009-03-26, 21:38   Link #33
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I kinda want to see action take place in a major city, would be nice to have a shoot out in a big ass skyscraper or something like that, which is what I guess the teaser points to! YAY!

need moar urban warfare from MW2, CoD has always done the big country side stuff time to take it to the small streets of a city. Like having to watch out for snipers and the sort.

well whatever they decide to do I'll be getting this anyway, loved first and can't wait for this!
Old 2009-03-26, 21:45   Link #34
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
If it's Japan...

The Special Forces Group comes to mind. I'd like to see how this'll be done if there is a Japan scenario.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:53   Link #35
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The Special Forces Group comes to mind.
Special Operations Group, is the special forces in the JGSDF...

Oh, and November 10 is the anniversary of the foundation of the USMC in 1775...

OORAH, THIS ONE'S FOR SGT JACKSON

[edit]AND SSGT GRIGGS[/edit]

Last edited by MidnightViper88; 2009-03-26 at 22:08.
Old 2009-03-26, 22:13   Link #36
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hello all, i have a question whether I should get CoD 4: MW or not, well i want to ask if the online community is still alive in this game. If not, should i get WaW instead? or maybe i should just wait for MW 2 instead?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 22:40   Link #37
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Special Operations Group, is the special forces in the JGSDF...

Oh, and November 10 is the anniversary of the foundation of the USMC in 1775...

OORAH, THIS ONE'S FOR SGT JACKSON

[edit]AND SSGT GRIGGS[/edit]
They changed their name recently. Don't know why.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-03-26, 23:13   Link #38
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
They changed their name recently. Don't know why.
You're right, they apparently changed their name to Special Forces Group earlier this year...

SFG doesn't roll of the tongue like SOG does, though...
Old 2009-03-26, 23:14   Link #39
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Who knows? But if MW2 does feature aspects of the JGSDF, I will shout with joy!

Old 2009-03-26, 23:45   Link #40
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

No disrespect to the USMC Force Recon, but for whatever American forces are present in the game, I'd like to see the 1st SFOD-D or DEVGRU featured...