AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-05, 20:38   Link #81
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hell no! Martyrdom was my favorite counter against those blasted pros who'd just shoot and walk on like I wasn't even there. With Martyrdom I'd take those bastards with me, or at least forced them to be more careful. No more 'gun 'n dash' for you, l33t-boy. >:3
I have no problem with Martyrdom, or any perk in general (I'm more into Last Stand. FYI). My only problem with it is when everyone starts using it and before you know it BOOM! man, players here still treat COD4 as CS, and these two games are totally different!

Spoiler for old video, but posting for great lolz:
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:10   Link #82
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Martyrdom is also a good counter against...tea-baggers...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:41   Link #83
demonfang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
The first Ghost Recon game is better than these IMO. No getting hit by hundreds of bullets in a mission and shrugging them off with just downtime, you're dead if you take a round to the head or a few to the chest. The AI was pretty challenging too, they actually take cover, suppress and try to flank you. If they just improved vehicle AI, made the environment destructible, made weapon pick-ups from the battlefield and upgraded the graphics you'd have a solid game.

CoD is pretty much an arcade shooter, with a very linear path the game forces you to do rather than let you determine how you want to achieve your mission objectives.
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:47   Link #84
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 27
uhhh.... ghost recon doesn't hold a candle to raven shield, the BEST tom clancy game hands down. It is probably the best tactical shooter that I played to death and the ai was good enough that online play wasn't a necessity. Were as cod is arcadey... yes but HC in mp has many of the essence of ghost recon. It just depends on a game, when you have a "on the rails" shooter its hard to give you limited health, just look at halo 1... on lengendary it was the hardest shit since health packs were spaced out sooo damn far.

Also CoD MW, has some of the best levels, like assanation in chernobyl, ac31 gunship... there are just so many memorable moments in that game, not to mention the epilogue is also really bad ass.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 00:34   Link #85
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
CoD series are always about full blown conventional warfare, cinematic experiences and arcadish feel, whereas Tom Clancy series are more spec-ops oriented and uses more in-depth strategies along squad tactics and placements plus cutting edge gadgetries. Both are good in their own way really.

Oh and Rainbow Six > Ghost Recon.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 03:18   Link #86
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I have no problem with Martyrdom, or any perk in general (I'm more into Last Stand. FYI). My only problem with it is when everyone starts using it and before you know it BOOM! man, players here still treat COD4 as CS, and these two games are totally different!
Like I said, just stop the run 'n gun and actually start being careful for a change. If you don't run over the corpse the moment you shoot it, there is no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
My question here: how popular is COD4 or any FPS in Japan? Because I thought gamers there aren't into this genre
Not a popular, no, but that doesn't mean nobody plays it.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:54   Link #87
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
CoD series are always about full blown conventional warfare, cinematic experiences and arcadish feel, whereas Tom Clancy series are more spec-ops oriented and uses more in-depth strategies along squad tactics and placements plus cutting edge gadgetries. Both are good in their own way really.

Oh and Rainbow Six > Ghost Recon.
Ghost Recon is BS. GRAW is so boring. Rainbow 6 can be a little too difficult at certain missions (like a certain mission in which you are inserted into a basement, and must avoid EVERYONE else and kill only 1 asshole.)

CoD is based more on historics and facts, so having an SAS team killing off half a division of Russians with less than a platoon is pretty close to reality, though not exactly accurate.

What I really want to see in MW2 is the introduction of more recent weapons, like the SCAR, MP7, Cornet Heavy Rocket and FN2000. But I do enjoy the feel of the M16 more than the M4 in the game, maybe because of the higher rate of fire, the ironsights and greater accuracy when firing in long bursts (6-10 rounds).
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 12:13   Link #88
Bonta Kun
Dancing the Panzer Waltz
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ghost Recon is BS. GRAW is so boring. Rainbow 6 can be a little too difficult at certain missions (like a certain mission in which you are inserted into a basement, and must avoid EVERYONE else and kill only 1 asshole.)

CoD is based more on historics and facts, so having an SAS team killing off half a division of Russians with less than a platoon is pretty close to reality, though not exactly accurate.

What I really want to see in MW2 is the introduction of more recent weapons, like the SCAR, MP7, Cornet Heavy Rocket and FN2000. But I do enjoy the feel of the M16 more than the M4 in the game, maybe because of the higher rate of fire, the ironsights and greater accuracy when firing in long bursts (6-10 rounds).
M4 is fully auto while M16 is 3 shot burst, it that suposed to be better ROF?

altho I do prefer the M16 better than the M4

I do want more of the modern weapons of today to feature but I would really like a little more customization to the weapons.

and being able to make ones own avatar would be a nice change to the series
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 12:34   Link #89
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
M4 is fully auto while M16 is 3 shot burst, it that suposed to be better ROF?

altho I do prefer the M16 better than the M4

I do want more of the modern weapons of today to feature but I would really like a little more customization to the weapons.

and being able to make ones own avatar would be a nice change to the series
Only the M16A2 exclusively uses 3-shot burst. All other variations, including the M16A4 that the US Army is currently using, can fire full auto. The point is full-length rifles aren't really supposed to be fired in full auto, because they're meant for longer ranges than the M4.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:14   Link #90
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
The M16A1/M16A3 have a full-auto receiver, whereas the M16A2/M16A4 have the same three-burst receiver; The M4 shares the same three-burst receiver as the M16A2, whereas the M4A1 has a full-auto receiver...

Full auto can be a waste of ammo especially when sprayed by a panicked soldier but is beneficial for suppressive fire similar to an SAW...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:07   Link #91
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ghost Recon is BS. GRAW is so boring. Rainbow 6 can be a little too difficult at certain missions (like a certain mission in which you are inserted into a basement, and must avoid EVERYONE else and kill only 1 asshole.)

CoD is based more on historics and facts, so having an SAS team killing off half a division of Russians with less than a platoon is pretty close to reality, though not exactly accurate.

What I really want to see in MW2 is the introduction of more recent weapons, like the SCAR, MP7, Cornet Heavy Rocket and FN2000. But I do enjoy the feel of the M16 more than the M4 in the game, maybe because of the higher rate of fire, the ironsights and greater accuracy when firing in long bursts (6-10 rounds).
MW, is not based on reality, because you know what, if you get hit in the thigh and have zero medical attention, you are dead, this doesn't even take into effect if it hits your femoral artery. I don't play CoD for realism, I play CoD for MP, and the insane handle bar mustaches.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 19:26   Link #92
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well I just figured out what my birthday present is going to be as this comes out on my b-day.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:17   Link #93
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: District with red lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Only the M16A2 exclusively uses 3-shot burst. All other variations, including the M16A4 that the US Army is currently using, can fire full auto. The point is full-length rifles aren't really supposed to be fired in full auto, because they're meant for longer ranges than the M4.
But M16 is not really as reliable as AK 47... and it's made of mostly plastic...
You can smash an AK 47 onto somebody's face and see him bleed, but doing the same with M16 will just turn that gun into 2 pieces....

Range is not really a good factor in modern warfare. Being able to hit a target around 200~400 meter away is more than enough. The reason assault rifles were invented was because the Germans (Yes, the Germans made MP43/MP44/Stg 44/Sturmgehwr, whatever you call it) found out that the conventional bolt action or semi automatic rifles were not devastating enough at medium range combat, and the SMGs are just crap after you enter medium and long range combat. They cut the rifle cartridge into half and loaded it into MP43. The results were devastating as during that period of time, most Allied and Soviet forces were still using bolt action rifles. When they fire a shot, the Germans returns 30 of them at 600 RPM.

Another reasoning I have for why range is not really useful :
Look at the war that is still going on in Iraq. It's in urban warfare, and longer barrel means you are screwed. Do not expect those terrorist to be standing about 200~400 meters in front of you, as they tend to hide in buildings. Some are also hiding in alleys (which are barely longer than 50 meters mostly). What's the point of carrying a long gun in that situation? It's practically suicide as you need more area to pan yourself around with that long gun, and corners are the major problem. It's harder to turn around with a gun that has long barrels than those with short ones. While the marines are armed with M16s and M4s, their gun are STILL longer than the AK 47s that the terrorist were armed with.

And finally, the reason the marines still make it through is that they had too much nuking superiority. What they use to take out snipers?

Answer : SMAW, an RPG designed to level the building completely. That is not manly.

That happened in the war in Vietnam too, the marines were pinned by the guerrilla tactics the Vietnamese were using. They just send in more and more planes to burn the whole jungle to ashes after that.
I-Love-Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 18:38   Link #94
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The 502
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Konata View Post
But M16 is not really as reliable as AK 47... and it's made of mostly plastic...
You can smash an AK 47 onto somebody's face and see him bleed, but doing the same with M16 will just turn that gun into 2 pieces....
...

What?

Granted the original M16s issued during the Vietnam War weren't reliable, that was due to it being a new rifle at the time with quirks yet to be worked on, on top of soldiers not being able to keep the rifle clean in the dense jungles...Later releases of the M16 subsequent to that made issues to the setbacks, such as keeping the bolt more protected against outside particles getting inside and clogging it up and jamming it, and issuing a cleaning kit with each rifle...

The only thing the AK-47 has to it's reliability is it's low quality; It's a piece of shit, thus you can get spare parts for it dirt cheap, and it also helped that the Soviets churned those things in masses, bar any sort of quality control (Which could be said of any Soviet equipment, pretty much)...

Besides, no one judges a rifle based on how well you can rifle-butt someone with it; Rifles are meant to be shot, not used as melee weapons...The M16 in the hands of a trained marksman can be a deadly accurate weapon, whereas anyone can pick up an AK-47 and fire it off even though it's cheap rifling makes it a highly inaccurate rifle, even more so at longer distances when you consider the low muzzle velocity the 7.62x39mm M43 has compared to the 5.56x45mm NATO of the M16; The AK-47s MOA drops very quickly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Konata View Post
Another reasoning I have for why range is not really useful :
Look at the war that is still going on in Iraq. It's in urban warfare, and longer barrel means you are screwed. Do not expect those terrorist to be standing about 200~400 meters in front of you, as they tend to hide in buildings. Some are also hiding in alleys (which are barely longer than 50 meters mostly). What's the point of carrying a long gun in that situation? It's practically suicide as you need more area to pan yourself around with that long gun, and corners are the major problem. It's harder to turn around with a gun that has long barrels than those with short ones. While the marines are armed with M16s and M4s, their gun are STILL longer than the AK 47s that the terrorist were armed with.
So you think all urban warfare is based on close-quarters combat? Urban warfare brings in more close-quarters contacts than any other war environment does, but that does not mean mid-to-long-range combat is non-existent...Sniper teams are still highly essential at delivering a precise long-range shot against other snipers hiding in a distant building or to take out an enemy infantry squads engaged in CQB can't engage...Designated marksmen are also essential in an infantry squad, as they provide rapid accurate fire against enemies in long-ranges, similar to a sniper, but with roles also similar to machine-gunners and grenadiers...

If you knew anything about guns, I would ask you to sift through some US Army and USMC photos of Soldiers and Marines in Afghanistan and Iraq and see just how many of them are carrying a long-range sniper/designated marksman rifle, like the SDM-R, SAM-R, M16A2E3, M14 DMR, SR-25, M21, M24, M40A3...There are a lot...

Also, an AK-47 with a fixed wooden stock is 34.3in, an M16 is 39.5in, and an M4 with the stock extended is 33in...5 inches of length is what I would hardly consider a tactical combat problem, and even than, that's what the M4 carbine is for...

Quote:
And finally, the reason the marines still make it through is that they had too much nuking superiority. What they use to take out snipers?

Answer : SMAW, an RPG designed to level the building completely. That is not manly.
SMAWs are anti-armor, not anti-building, genius...

I'm not going to belittle you, but I'm also not going to tell you you're not ignorant, because you are...What I am going to say is to educate yourself; Practically everything that you've just said makes zero sense...I don't know where you get your so-called "facts" from, but you should try checking up your facts and go do some research on a reputable website, hang out with some friends/family who've actually been in the military, if you have any...
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 03:59   Link #95
I-Love-Konata
Ero Hakase
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: District with red lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Spoiler for A long long quote...:
Well, they do fire a freaking SMAW to level the building down, save them the trouble. Wanna see an example of how the USMC takes down a sniper?


Spoiler for Video...:


They turned a hotel to a swiss cheese.
I-Love-Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 04:09   Link #96
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Like I said, just stop the run 'n gun and actually start being careful for a change. If you don't run over the corpse the moment you shoot it, there is no problem.
Exactly. I got quite proficient of shooting someone to the ground and puting an extra bullet or two into their skull just to be certain.

And killing someone with Martyrdom is great, you get given a grenade to throw at the enemy and by the time you throw it, the timing's just perfect for it to explode about thirty to forty feet away.

You just can't hesitate when you hear the distinctive click.



Ah... memories, I wish I still played CoD4 but it was just too addictive.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 17:18   Link #97
u43368
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Martydom is the the CQCEX of CoD4. It's awesome... until it gets used on you.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 19:44   Link #98
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
Martydom is the the CQCEX of CoD4. It's awesome... until it gets used on you.
The first time you fall victim to it you never go near the recently-deceased again.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:06   Link #99
Bonta Kun
Dancing the Panzer Waltz
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
The first time you fall victim to it you never go near the recently-deceased again.
lol thats how it is for me but them times someone gets up close mostly I just sprint past after I kill, its way quicker than retreating

altho my brother and friend haven't quite learnt the deal with martyrdom yet, even tho I keep telling them to just sprint past

thing is MD I think should stay out of hardcore, its awefully troublesome there -__-

been playing Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 lately and one thing I think CoD: MW2 should have is High Cap Mags, they are somewhat in W@W but thats W@W.

really can't wait for this!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:02   Link #100
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I guess I try to sprint past a lot, too, especially if it was a really short-range kill.
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.