AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-20, 06:49   Link #1
Lemon Ice

Tatakau Shisho Series (Light Novel)

Names: Fighting Librarians Series, 戦う司書シリーズ
Volumes: 10
Genres: Fantasy, Action
Author: Yamagata Ishio
Illustrator: Shigeki Maeshima
Translation here

Quote:
In a world where dead people fossilize into "Books" whose memories can be read, they are maintained by "Armed Librarians" with special powers in the Bantorra Library. Their enemies are the religious society known as Shindeki Kyoudan.
Amidst the battles, as the past interacts with the present, pieces of various truths are starting to come together like a puzzle...

Last edited by Lemon Ice; 2016-01-20 at 12:09.
Lemon Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 10:20   Link #2
Echizen777

Nice, I wanted to read this one.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 04:13   Link #3
sasoras

how much is the deviation between the anime and this.
Old 2016-01-21, 15:26   Link #4
Lemon Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
how much is the deviation between the anime and this.
The plot is the same, but it's very condensed and with some changes. Also an entire volume was skipped, and the last 4 or so episodes adapt 3 whole volumes.
Compare it to the pacing of something like Rokka no Yuusha. So much lost details.

Anyways, first chapter is finished now.
Old 2016-01-21, 18:28   Link #5
Zefyris
図書館狼

More Yamagata Ishio's work translated is always good. That author is so underrated.
I haven't read the anime so can't answer that (read volume 1-4 so far) but a character who appear for the first time in volume 5 (volken) was there right from the start in the anime so there was definitely some modification even outside of rushing/skipping.

Anyway, nice pick up recently, first sukasuka and now tatakau shisho? That's some very nice news this week.
Old 2016-01-22, 16:12   Link #6
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
More Yamagata Ishio's work translated is always good. That author is so underrated.
I haven't read the anime so can't answer that (read volume 1-4 so far) but a character who appear for the first time in volume 5 (volken) was there right from the start in the anime so there was definitely some modification even outside of rushing/skipping.

Anyway, nice pick up recently, first sukasuka and now tatakau shisho? That's some very nice news this week.
How is it compared to Rokka?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 18:31   Link #7
Zefyris
図書館狼

Very different, but quite unique just as well. It's too soon for me to compare the two. I was more impressed by RnY volumes than by TS volumes so far, but it seems like the plot is far more convoluted than it first appeared, so until I've seen what is really happening behind the scenes, can't say more.
What I can say is, I really like how imaginative that author is with his setting, and how original and complex the result is.
Old 2016-02-22, 03:08   Link #8
Lemon Ice

So, first volume is done.

Spoiler for Vol 1:
Old 2016-02-22, 04:59   Link #9
LevelSeven

this sounds like a interesting story, i will wait until 4 or more volumes are translated (like by rokka no yuusha) before reading this,

btw, can someone spoil me? what kind of "special powers" do the "Armed Librarians" have?
if the books are dangerous than why not destroying them? are they industructible?

PS: thanks to the translator, he even want sot create a PDF
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 07:54   Link #10
Lemon Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
this sounds like a interesting story, i will wait until 4 or more volumes are translated (like by rokka no yuusha) before reading this,

btw, can someone spoil me? what kind of "special powers" do the "Armed Librarians" have?
if the books are dangerous than why not destroying them? are they industructible?

PS: thanks to the translator, he even want sot create a PDF
Generally, in that world each person can gain one magic ability. There are many different powers, such as shooting lightning, telepathy, summoning killer ants and more.
The books aren't dangerous - of course they could be depending on the information inside them, but still. It's just the Librarians' job to collect and protect those books. They're also sealed in a labyrinth full of magical beasts so it's not like just anyone can just come and get them.