AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-06-19, 16:13   Link #881
Soji
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
No she won't die, this will serve to better her character. Fallenx already mention she feels bad the way she handle with Layfon in vol 14, this may well be when it comes back to haunt her when Layfon comes back to save her again. It will make Leerin question a lot of things, break her mentally or point of view and bring her back to reality if Leva hasn't done so, and the outcome could be when Leerin breakdown and apologize. In this moment we could see Layfon most likely accepting her apology, but tells her he has move on and loves someone else (Felli). Leerin for the most part hasn't felt the backlash when you been rejected, a lot of things has gone her way ever since the start of the Novel. I see this most likely happening and will develop Leerin's character and may make her try to chase after Layfon like he did for her. The only difference Layfon been doing so for a very long time.
Agree with everything again. Let's just hope if the last part of you're post come true Layfon not go back to her(thing that i think will not happen...him that want to be back with her.).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:45   Link #882
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
I just think that every damn characters have some serious flaws here, but we only bash Layfon.

Almost all of HS are battle maniacs who are very self-centered. The 2 HS who died and Kanaris are nice people but the rest are questionable at best.

The Queen has the worst personality imo, her position and duty is important, but she's definitely not a nice person to deal with if you're not Leerin.

Every mutants besides Ailen are assholes.

Electric fairies are not as cute as their name. When I read spoiler about their plot to manipulate Nina, I was like WTF!?

Nina isn't a good person either imo. She doesn't forgive Layfon about the incident he did (hell, why would she care) even with the reason Layfon has because his circumstance and hers are different so she can't understand and sympathize with him. Then everything is OK again. But I just think that she shouldn't really mind about that matter from the beginning anyway since it's haunting Layfon.

I find Leerin to be extremely boring. Like the person above me said, everything goes her way so far. I wonder what would happen if they'd need Layfon's interference in the end...

Sharnid - Dinn - Dalsiana reletionship is just pitiful. Did Dinn and Dalsiana never realize the reason why Sharnid left the team? Love triangle is just too painful to bear for the one unloved yet those two hate him for leaving them? Both Dinn and Dalsiana are too cruel, even if they don't know...

Felli's bro is manipulative but he did all he could to save Zuellni. That would put him in the same category as the electronic fairies yet we see no one like the way he did things and express it clearly.

Now look at Layfon He's like a scapegoat for everything. A blame machine. I'd like to say that the quote "with great power comes great responsibility" isn't really good when everyone uses it to boss you around, exactly what happens to Layfon. The people using him especially Nina also feels anger that she's helpless and has to rely solely on him to survive because she has no power. Powerless people always want power for an excuse of protecting someone dear.

Layfon is the case of being powerful sucks since this LN loves to depict him as a person who has no his own will, being influenced by others solely. But he fight to protect the things influencing him (Leerin, orphanage, Nina) like how Felli does everything she could for Layfon, yet all I can see is how no one ever appreciates his action.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 16:51   Link #883
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I just think that every damn characters have some serious flaws here, but we only bash Layfon.

Almost all of HS are battle maniacs who are very self-centered. The 2 HS who died and Kanaris are nice people but the rest are questionable at best.

The Queen has the worst personality imo, her position and duty is important, but she's definitely not a nice person to deal with if you're not Leerin.

Every mutants besides Ailen are assholes.

Electric fairies are not as cute as their name. When I read spoiler about their plot to manipulate Nina, I was like WTF!?

Nina isn't a good person either imo. She doesn't forgive Layfon about the incident he did (hell, why would she care) even with the reason Layfon has because his circumstance and hers are different so she can't understand and sympathize with him. Then everything is OK again. But I just think that she shouldn't really mind about that matter from the beginning anyway since it's haunting Layfon.

I find Leerin to be extremely boring. Like the person above me said, everything goes her way so far. I wonder what would happen if they'd need Layfon's interference in the end...

Sharnid - Dinn - Dalsiana reletionship is just pitiful. Did Dinn and Dalsiana never realize the reason why Sharnid left the team? Love triangle is just too painful to bear for the one unloved yet those two hate him for leaving them? Both Dinn and Dalsiana are too cruel, even if they don't know...

Felli's bro is manipulative but he did all he could to save Zuellni. That would put him in the same category as the electronic fairies yet we see no one like the way he did things and express it clearly.

Now look at Layfon He's like a scapegoat for everything. A blame machine. I'd like to say that the quote "with great power comes great responsibility" isn't really good when everyone uses it to boss you around, exactly what happens to Layfon. The people using him especially Nina also feels anger that she's helpless and has to rely solely on him to survive because she has no power. Powerless people always want power for an excuse of protecting someone dear.

Layfon is the case of being powerful sucks since this LN loves to depict him as a person who has no his own will, being influenced by others solely. But he fight to protect the things influencing him (Leerin, orphanage, Nina) like how Felli does everything she could for Layfon, yet all I can see is how no one ever appreciates his action.
If its make you feel better
Spoiler for Spoiler:
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 18:50   Link #884
TheFallenxLullaby
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cali
Everyone does have problems, but I don't think anyone is really bashing Layfon. I mean the majority of the forum is Felli shippers and yet it does seem like they bash Layfon and Leerin loll. I find that weird considering they're shipping their favorite character together with 'emo' Layfon. It reminds me of Tifa fans hating on emo Cloud yet they insist on them together. Like wtf o.O

4th Itachi you reminded me of that kiss, yeah that was the one kiss that was mutual between Layfon and Leerin. I also remembered Mei stealing a kiss, I believe when Layfon was sleeping? something like that
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 19:01   Link #885
dazguy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenxLullaby View Post
4th Itachi you reminded me of that kiss, yeah that was the one kiss that was mutual between Layfon and Leerin. I also remembered Mei stealing a kiss, I believe when Layfon was sleeping? something like that
when did mei kiss layfon? which vol and chap was that in?
dazguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:01   Link #886
azarhal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
She doesn't forgive Layfon about the incident he did (hell, why would she care) even with the reason Layfon has because his circumstance and hers are different so she can't understand and sympathize with him. Then everything is OK again. But I just think that she shouldn't really mind about that matter from the beginning anyway since it's haunting Layfon.
Nina understand Layfon fine. She simply think he was wrong of doing what he did, because she was raised in a strict family with hardcore morals about what Military Artists can and can't do.

Wait until you meet the old man Antalk in volume 16...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:10   Link #887
veritatis cupitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: patna, india
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazguy View Post
when did mei kiss layfon? which vol and chap was that in?

mei perhaps kissed him when he was in hospital or was she just about to kiss him but became red and left.. mei's character is seriously super cute. she has always been with him. i wonder what will happen with her now that layfon has already rejected her.

i quite agree with kleeyok that in regios world the important character's behaviour is quite odd. we see in vol 1 layfon and felli trying to avoid fight with larvae which meant even their death. how thick someone can be? and a letter becomes more important than everybody's life.
derek never cared about money which led to layfon's problem.
leerin always thinks how much she loves him but couldn't leave grenden for him. though it may have been for derek. also her leaving him after v14 seems to me more because of thorns than she trying to save him. she thinks that since he doesn't really love her, he shouldn't get involved in the fight. though i don't find this way of thinking bad but the way she did it is wrong. she could have just told him to look after his friends in zuellni, or made any other excuse. after all he is thick.
dixerio and nina don't want to tell anyone about wolf face though it's going to effect the whole world even though there are many strong persons out there.
karian seems to be the most logical person in this verse and airen.
what to say about hbs and queen. typical example of people in power. unfortunately people don't like typical. i can't say for others but i find typical incomplete.
we don't know the reason of zuellni supporting leva. i wonder if she hates hbs and queen for treating layfon the way they have. lol.....it can't be true.
__________________
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:18   Link #888
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
mei perhaps kissed him when he was in hospital or was she just about to kiss him but became red and left.. mei's character is seriously super cute. she has always been with him. i wonder what will happen with her now that layfon has already rejected her.

i quite agree with kleeyok that in regios world the important character's behaviour is quite odd. we see in vol 1 layfon and felli trying to avoid fight with larvae which meant even their death. how thick someone can be? and a letter becomes more important than everybody's life.
derek never cared about money which led to layfon's problem.
leerin always thinks how much she loves him but couldn't leave grenden for him. though it may have been for derek. also her leaving him after v14 seems to me more because of thorns than she trying to save him. she thinks that since he doesn't really love her, he shouldn't get involved in the fight. though i don't find this way of thinking bad but the way she did is wrong. she could have just told him to look after his friends in zuellni, or made any other excuse. after all he is thick.
dixerio and nina don't want to tell anyone about wolf face though it's going to effect the whole world even there are many strong persons out there.
karian seems to be the most logical person in this verse and airen.
what to say about hbs and queen. typical example of people in power. unfortunately people don't like typical nay i find typical incomplete.
we don't know the reason of zuellni supporting leva. i wonder if she hates hbs and queen for treating layfon the way they have. lol.....it can't be true.
Chances are Leerin's is going to find out how much Layfon cares for her well being whether it is still love or just caring for your childhood friend. I vote for the latter since Layfon has shown attraction to Felli which Leerin couldn't even do. As for Nina, in a way I find it pretty annoying she haven't forgiven Layfon for that accident, though it didn't help why Layfon didn't tell her. Mei, she is quite a good character her only flaw I think is she confess to Layfon at the wrong time, you don't confess to someone when you know he is in a depressing mood. As for the Heaven Bladers, they sure are not acting all mighty in the face of Leva though that could be since they are flat on their backs because Leva taken them down. All the characters are all flawed in a way, which we berate them for and sometime praise them. This light novel isn't ending anytime soon, so many questions left unanswered. The only way this Novel is ending if situations arrives and it is left as an open ending like Kaze no Stigma. So there are plenty of time left to progress the characters and make them at least like normal humans at least emotionally and thinking wise.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:30   Link #889
veritatis cupitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: patna, india
Age: 25
i thought Kaze no stigma's writer died.
i wonder how many people will die in leva's attack? i don't want clauntia-reverse pair to get harm. though perhaps among old hbs they are the weakest.
__________________
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 20:37   Link #890
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
i thought Kaze no stigma's writer died.
i wonder how many people will die in leva's attack? i don't want clauntia-reverse pair to get harm. though perhaps among old hbs they are the weakest.
He did died, which is why it is an open ending because there is no ending and it is left to our imagination of how we would want to finish by via fan fiction. As for the Heaven Bladers, well they are beaten up by Leva. Leva isn't one to hold back her punches so a lot of them may be in near death in that situation. As for the Queen, I think even if she used all of her powers she won't stand against Leva. Her powers are good when facing against 10 stories Filth Monsters, but are not against someone her own size. Next volume coming out soon, but someone will have to get us a summary or spoiler since I can't read Japanese.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:09   Link #891
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
I think the queen has a chance or probably on par with Leva. the queen is near mutant. The problem will be the city. I hope grendan won't ended up like a trash or destroyed if the queen goes against leva.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:25   Link #892
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
If we have to worry about the city, suddenly, Herpe coming along doesn't seem to be a good idea now.
Though, I am worried that Leerin will try to fight Leva herself. It was shown she can use the power from the vines for her own. Things can go even bloodier if she is to make a rash choice.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:27   Link #893
TheFallenxLullaby
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazguy View Post
when did mei kiss layfon? which vol and chap was that in?
It was around Vol. 11

I don't understand the Nina hate either, I think she's a brilliant character. It didn't help the way she was depicted in the anime either.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:31   Link #894
veritatis cupitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: patna, india
Age: 25
if leva is near leerin we can conclude either queen isn't there or she has been incapacitated.
__________________
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:34   Link #895
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
Actually, that also brings up a question. Why would Leva bother with Leerin when Saya is her primary target?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:34   Link #896
veritatis cupitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: patna, india
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenxLullaby View Post
It was around Vol. 11

I don't understand the Nina hate either, I think she's a brilliant character. It didn't help the way she was depicted in the anime either.
v11. can you read raws or is it in that one chapter that has been translated. i find nina good though when she thinks about wolf face and dixerio, i find her thinking weird.
leva may be interested in leerin because of airen's eye.
__________________
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:38   Link #897
TheFallenxLullaby
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th itachi View Post
v11. can you read raws or is it in that one chapter that has been translated. i find nina good though when she thinks about wolf face and dixerio, i find her thinking weird.
leva may be interested in leerin because of airen's eye.
My Japanese isn't that good but I think it was translated, I'll go check. I only read on Baka-tsuki for the last 3 Vol. So far.

You can't really blame Nina, she's a complex character.
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:42   Link #898
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Well think of it this way, if you had to choose a girl to go out with. Would you pick a girl you can't understand what she is thinking all the time (Nina) or pick a girl who can cook, clean, and anything wife like (Mei). (Of course take way their powers, in that situation if they were normal girls which one would you choose)
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:44   Link #899
veritatis cupitor
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: patna, india
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFallenxLullaby View Post
My Japanese isn't that good but I think it was translated, I'll go check. I only read on Baka-tsuki for the last 3 Vol. So far.

You can't really blame Nina, she's a complex character.
dixerio makes her more complex. i really find their stand on wolf faces odd. but that is writer's choice to perpetuate the problem
layfon should choose felli/mei as they will love him unconditionally. as we already know there is no mei, so we are left with felli only.
what is the meaning of senou in senou city schneibel and hanemushi, houraku? hanemushi and houraku are lintence's technique.
__________________
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.

Last edited by veritatis cupitor; 2012-06-19 at 21:58.
veritatis cupitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 21:56   Link #900
TheFallenxLullaby
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cali
It all comes down to opinions and perspective. In like every love triangle or harem situations, pretty much you get different personalities. We got tsundere, action girl, childhood friend and then the chick who crushes on the main character. Personally I don't like clingy types that crosses the line at times. Mei's adorable, sweet girl she deserves better IMHO. I won't say but there are quite a few one-dimensional harem girls in CSR.

@reaper if you take away the powers then Nina wouldn't be in this mess. Shed be like you say a normal girl. Rich at that too
TheFallenxLullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.