AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 7.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-18, 02:45   Link #81
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post
I think the next filth monster was shown a couple episodes earlier, but I can't remember which one it was, near the ending of said episode. It's kind of convenient that all these things happen at just the right time, oh wait, I forgot this is anime...
Uhm I think the SCP isn't that bad of a person: at the beginnig I thought so too, but then I realized that he does what he does for the well being of Zuellini and not for himself. I started to think he isn't such a bad guy after he said he put Felli in the military arts because he can protect her better this way. He likes to make some schemes behind the scenes, that's true, but it's probably because he's well aware that Zuellini is on the verge of destruction and Layfon's strength is absolutely needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
If Kallian or the current Zuellni's administration does intend to go straight up to Filth Monsters instead of avoiding it, just because they think having Layfon will now solve their problems, well I think they're taking a hell of a big risk.
From the way the SCP worded it I think it's Zuellini herself that decides where to go indipendentely from the SC.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 02:54   Link #82
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Also he's just one man. If the bugs had spread their attack throughout the city, he wouldn't have been able to contain their intrusion, then damage and casualties would have racked up in episode 5.

Grendan has it right, Zuellni is dangerously risky.
I don't think they plan on Layfon single-handedly defeating the bugs. He's their ace in the hole but they also have others who are able to help out (baldy, blondy and all the rest of military arts students). These fights are most likely to build combat experience in the students. All the training in the world won't prepare you as well as actual real life combat. Nina had it right when she said in Ep5 that "If we don't fight now, we'll never fight". If they had ran from that battle and managed to get away somehow they'd be running forever. Some students died but the ones who survived are much better prepared for next time now that they have experience in a real battle.

And the bugs did spread out their attack in Ep5 we just saw from where Nina's team was fighting. Layfon defeated those bugs then went outside the dome to take care of the mother but certainly other teams did their parts to hold off the attack.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 03:41   Link #83
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris
Uhm I think the SCP isn't that bad of a person: at the beginnig I thought so too, but then I realized that he does what he does for the well being of Zuellini and not for himself. I started to think he isn't such a bad guy after he said he put Felli in the military arts because he can protect her better this way. He likes to make some schemes behind the scenes, that's true, but it's probably because he's well aware that Zuellini is on the verge of destruction and Layfon's strength is absolutely needed.
Yeah I agree. I stated earlier that the man's a patriot. Currently, I dont like him one bit, but I understand how he sees things from the big picture instead of individual opinions. He wants to bring Zuellni back to it's former glory, perhaps with training of its soldiers by searching bugs, and acquiring mines as many as possible through competition with other cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick
I don't think they plan on Layfon single-handedly defeating the bugs. He's their ace in the hole but they also have others who are able to help out (baldy, blondy and all the rest of military arts students). These fights are most likely to build combat experience in the students. All the training in the world won't prepare you as well as actual real life combat. Nina had it right when she said in Ep5 that "If we don't fight now, we'll never fight". If they had ran from that battle and managed to get away somehow they'd be running forever. Some students died but the ones who survived are much better prepared for next time now that they have experience in a real battle.

And the bugs did spread out their attack in Ep5 we just saw from where Nina's team was fighting. Layfon defeated those bugs then went outside the dome to take care of the mother but certainly other teams did their parts to hold off the attack.
Thing is, Layfon is the ace and reason for Zuellni's current ambition and developement.
Basically Zuellni is already in the verge of bankruptcy where it only has one mine left and as Kalian said, the city's students are basically leftovers from other academic cities which resulting in poor resources quality. Their squad loses in matches againts other cities and they suck on fighting the larvae bugs.

After the arrival of Layfon, Kalian and the administration then basically had the balls to start on the offensive, by searching the bugs and possibly engaging matches with other cities for possesion of the mines.

In short, Zuellni's current progression is because of Layfon's himself lol. -_-;
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 04:01   Link #84
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Thing is, Layfon is the ace and reason for Zuellni's current ambition and developement.
Basically Zuellni is already in the verge of bankruptcy where it only has one mine left and as Kalian said, the city's students are basically leftovers from other academic cities which resulting in poor resources quality. Their squad loses in matches againts other cities and they suck on fighting the larvae bugs.

After the arrival of Layfon, Kalian and the administration then basically had the balls to start on the offensive, by searching the bugs and possibly engaging matches with other cities for possesion of the mines.

In short, Zuellni's current progression is because of Layfon's himself lol. -_-;
I don't disagree with you but as you point out Zuellni is already in dire straits so even without Layfon they'd eventually go on the offensive. They also seem to have some promising students i.e. Felli, Nina, and Baldy(probably) so it's not like there aren't able to fight back against the bugs. Layfon is their ace but that doesn't mean he does everything by himself or needs to.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 04:20   Link #85
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I don't disagree with you but as you point out Zuellni is already in dire straits so even without Layfon they'd eventually go on the offensive. They also seem to have some promising students i.e. Felli, Nina, and Baldy(probably) so it's not like there aren't able to fight back against the bugs. Layfon is their ace but that doesn't mean he does everything by himself or needs to.
This is really true because Layfon can be as strong as someone's wish but he is still ONE PERSON so he can be in only ONE PLACE at a time!!!
If he defends the North of Zuellini while all of the other points fall it doesn't change very much...
Zuellini, and humans in Regios universe in general, may only hope the bugs don't have any other level than the matured one, like the Brain bugs in Starship troopers otherwise they would be done for.
If there are smart bugs around who can command multiple bugs (matured ones, child ones, baby ones and such) then virtually evrey regios is done for, Grendel included.
To take down (barely) a matured bug three heaven blades level warriors are needed: so if the hypotetical Brain bug send twelve matured bugs to Grendel then Layfon's reply to Lirin's letter would never arrive at destination because there wouldn't be any more destination to arrive at...
Taking down Zuellini is much easier of course: a matured bug (for Layfon) and plenty of baby bugs would be more than enough...
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 05:58   Link #86
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I will try narrowing this discussion.

Now I think we have 2 (two) different perspectives here, on whether Zuellni will go on the offensive, with or without Layfon. Here’s my take on the overall situation, please prepare for a long post.

First we have these facts and problems concerning Zuellni:

1) They’re in the verge of bankruptcy with only having one mine left, which supposed to be the lifeline of chrome shelled academic cities like Zuellni.

2) Their combat or military personnel qualities are also not too good with losing previous matches resulting in lost possession of their previous mine.

3) The aftereffect of the above loss was a tarnished reputation, resulting only leftovers students applying for tutorship or citizenship at Zuellni, hence, the decline of qualified personnel and human resources.

4) They’ve been avoiding filth monsters like crazy because Zuellni’s an academic city, and currently located far from the filth monsters breeding ground, unlike Grendan’s which purpose is militaristic, and basically located near the filth monster’s nests.

Zuellni have the problems above, and probably had the intention to increase their qualities and reputations by killing bugs in order to train and improve their soldiers….or more like militias. But so far as the anime showed us they didn’t. Probably because the personnel qualities as mentioned earlier

Layfon arrives. The top Zuellni officials immediately knew that he’s a former Heaven Blade, hailed from Grendan, whose prowess are said second to none, drawing attention from the Kallian, the president himself. Kallian asked Layfon to join Zuellni’s cause, which Layfon’s politely declined.

As the story goes, the larvae/baby bugs attacked. Kallian assembled his military council and announced a national emergency and asked his soldiers to defend the city.

The battle for the defense of Zuellni commences, without Layfon’s involvement. The city’s soldiers fought bravely, and manage to hold the bugs off around 3 or 2 hours till evening or night time, considering it’s already noon when the fight started.

At this point, the soldiers are already exhausted and their efforts seems to bear no fruit; the bugs had already penetrated near the front gates, needless to say the soldiers were frightened and routed, leaving only 17 th platoon at the front line, which already also in the brinks of annihilation. Layfon arrives.

With his involvement, the army….or er..militia.. manage to turn around the situation 180 degrees, into a situation where the already losing army is actually winning, and where Layfon single-handedly massacred all the bugs in the front gates, and presumably doing the same until he reaches the city limits. Finally he kills the queen bug which was the source of the baby bugs.

Battle of Zuellni’s defense was a complete success, surprisingly with them manage to also kill off the queen bug. The official records are Zuellni’s victory credited through cooperative effort, only top officials like the president, 17th platoon and a handful of other squad actually knew that Layfon’s the one who brought them victory.

Now for the question.

Will Zuellni eventually go on to the offensive without Layfon’s involvement? I think not. Their military, soldier and manpower qualities are horrible and were easily routed even against a bunch of larvae bugs as I mentioned above. If they were to go offensive into a bug’s nests, they would simply be massacred and eaten alive.

So in order to improve Zuellni’s welfare, like it or not, Layfon is basically a crucial part for that particular purpose. He’s basically the answer for all Zuellni’s current problems and issues, of which the most important ones are getting the mines back by participating in city to city combat. His experience and prowess as Heaven Blade proves to indispensable to Zuellni in order to improve the overall qualities of their personnel by hunting bugs, without fear of losing. He’s basically an insurance to make sure nothing will go wrong.

My 2 cent on the matter.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 06:02   Link #87
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
For the Lirin's letter i think that the content is what she said at the end of the 1 epi and at the beginning of the 3 (or a general summary), maybe is this the reason that they don't show what is the content. Maybe xDD
For the others chara i think that the blonde girl and the short-gray-hair guy (gorneo?) have a major role over the baldy or the little red-hair girl, because you see them togheter the 17 platoon at the last moment of the OP. Well, these are only speculations lol
__________________
Tjaard is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 06:44   Link #88
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
This is really true because Layfon can be as strong as someone's wish but he is still ONE PERSON so he can be in only ONE PLACE at a time!!!
If he defends the North of Zuellini while all of the other points fall it doesn't change very much...
Zuellini, and humans in Regios universe in general, may only hope the bugs don't have any other level than the matured one, like the Brain bugs in Starship troopers otherwise they would be done for.
If there are smart bugs around who can command multiple bugs (matured ones, child ones, baby ones and such) then virtually evrey regios is done for, Grendel included.
To take down (barely) a matured bug three heaven blades level warriors are needed: so if the hypotetical Brain bug send twelve matured bugs to Grendel then Layfon's reply to Lirin's letter would never arrive at destination because there wouldn't be any more destination to arrive at...
Taking down Zuellini is much easier of course: a matured bug (for Layfon) and plenty of baby bugs would be more than enough...
Yeah, but you're overstating the number of bugs running around. Zuellini could survive for so long w/o someone of Layfon's caliber because they really don't run into bugs. Grenadon may meet a ton of bugs, and also has some of the most powerful badasses around to deal with them. But it's not the norm.
meh is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 07:23   Link #89
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
The battle for the defense of Zuellni commences, without Layfon’s involvement. The city’s soldiers fought bravely, and manage to hold the bugs off around 3 or 2 hours till evening or night time, considering it’s already noon when the fight started.

At this point, the soldiers are already exhausted and their efforts seems to bear no fruit; the bugs had already penetrated near the front gates, needless to say the soldiers were frightened and routed, leaving only 17 th platoon at the front line, which already also in the brinks of annihilation. Layfon arrives.
Nina team were guarding the NW section with the 9th Platoon but it was far from the only platoons fighting against the bugs. Them retreating from their position certainly would be a big hit but the battle was far from over.

Quote:
With his involvement, the army….or er..militia.. manage to turn around the situation 180 degrees, into a situation where the already losing army is actually winning, and where Layfon single-handedly massacred all the bugs in the front gates, and presumably doing the same until he reaches the city limits. Finally he kills the queen bug which was the source of the baby bugs.
Calm down on the Layfon worship. He did his part but he certainly didn't slaughter all the bugs just the ones at the NW entrance then he went outside the city right after to take care of the mother. Once the mother was dead it was just mop up work for the rest of the platoons.

Quote:
Battle of Zuellni’s defense was a complete success, surprisingly with them manage to also kill off the queen bug. The official records are Zuellni’s victory credited through cooperative effort, only top officials like the president, 17th platoon and a handful of other squad actually knew that Layfon’s the one who brought them victory.
Layfon himself said that he have trouble taking the mother bug if she called the babies back so I'm pretty sure he's thankful for the platoons holding up the drones.

Quote:
Now for the question.

Will Zuellni eventually go on to the offensive without Layfon’s involvement? I think not. Their military, soldier and manpower qualities are horrible and were easily routed even against a bunch of larvae bugs as I mentioned above. If they were to go offensive into a bug’s nests, they would simply be massacred and eaten alive.
Easily routed? Even you a couple paragraphs back commented on them holding out for a couple hours against these bugs. We have no basis to compare fighting these bug to fighting a nest. It probably will be harder but you can't draw a conclusion of them being massacred when they were far from massacred in this battle. Some of them got scared and ran but once they get more experience that shouldn't be a problem.

And they would have to go on the offensive even without Layfon if they're on the verge of bankruptcy. Even if they know that they're going to probably die they'd have to do something eventually.

Quote:
So in order to improve Zuellni’s welfare, like it or not, Layfon is basically a crucial part for that particular purpose. He’s basically the answer for all Zuellni’s current problems and issues, of which the most important ones are getting the mines back by participating in city to city combat. His experience and prowess as Heaven Blade proves to indispensable to Zuellni in order to improve the overall qualities of their personnel by hunting bugs, without fear of losing. He’s basically an insurance to make sure nothing will go wrong.

My 2 cent on the matter.
Certainly Layfon is crucial. I never said otherwise but he isn't invincible. Having him doesn't mean they can all go take a nap while he solos all the bugs for them.
__________________
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 07:32   Link #90
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
... Just a guess on what I think Leerin's letter is about.

Spoiler for Leerin's letter:


Then again, this is a pure guess, I might be wrong.
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 07:48   Link #91
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
Nina team were guarding the NW section with the 9th Platoon but it was far from the only platoons fighting against the bugs. Them retreating from their position certainly would be a big hit but the battle was far from over.
And will resulting the bugs into entering the city massacring the police squads and civilians alike. The miltary squads from all other directions will simply called and pulled into inside the city defending. The bugs from the directions where those squad withdrew would then enter from all directions and sooner or later all Zuellnis are going to be overwhelmed.

A systematic and strategic military defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
Calm down on the Layfon worship. He did his part but he certainly didn't slaughter all the bugs just the ones at the NW entrance then he went outside the city right after to take care of the mother. Once the mother was dead it was just mop up work for the rest of the platoons.
His statement, ‘I can slay as many babies I want’ and afterwards went through slaughtering the bugs like they are ants compared to the hardworks the other squads benn through proves his combat prowess as a Heaven Blade. It’s nothing like worship but a simple fact that he’s a ‘one man army’ within Zuellni’s power range. I agree about the other squad mopping the rest of the bugs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
Layfon himself said that he have trouble taking the mother bug if she called the babies back so I'm pretty sure he's thankful for the platoons holding up the drones.
Please see my previous post. And plus, he did not ask for help, but rather asking for the rest of the squads to withdrew, meaning he has the situation under control. And it’s not ‘if the mother who called the babies for help’, but rather ‘if the babies had called the mother for help’. Which was why Layfon’s heading into the hornet’s nest directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
Easily routed? Even you a couple paragraphs back commented on them holding out for a couple hours against these bugs. We have no basis to compare fighting these bug to fighting a nest. It probably will be harder but you can't draw a conclusion of them being massacred when they were far from massacred in this battle. Some of them got scared and ran but once they get more experience that shouldn't be a problem.

And they would have to go on the offensive even without Layfon if they're on the verge of bankruptcy. Even if they know that they're going to probably die they'd have to do something eventually
My mistake on the easily routed but they simply do not held their ground. For they’re eventually going how to be massacred please see my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”slick rick”
Certainly Layfon is crucial. I never said otherwise but he isn't invincible. Having him doesn't mean they can all go take a nap while he solos all the bugs for them.
As a matter a fact, he did capable on soloing them if he didn’t consider the collateral damages the bugs could cause from all directions from the city. This is where I agree the squads did their homework properly. But for the rest please see my first post.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 08:13   Link #92
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Apolgize. When I re-read the posts I couldn't believe I forgot to add Felli's 'radar factor'. Yeah she's credited for guiding the nuke reaching its position achieving victory. >.>
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 08:30   Link #93
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Yeah, but you're overstating the number of bugs running around. Zuellini could survive for so long w/o someone of Layfon's caliber because they really don't run into bugs. Grenadon may meet a ton of bugs, and also has some of the most powerful badasses around to deal with them. But it's not the norm.
Well one of the bugs strongest trait is their HUGE numbers: even if only a small percentage of the baby bugs surivive till the matured state they would still be a lot. Besides you are unerestimating the difference between an unorganized attack and an organized attack using military tactics and wise use of the bugs you have. The first kind of attack is dangerous and some lifes may be lost, but the second one is much ore deadly. For example if in episode 5 there was a Brain bug it would have sent some bugs as fodders to test the cities forces and then, after seeing Layfon presence, it would have sent a matured bug just for Layfon.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 10:41   Link #94
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Well one of the bugs strongest trait is their HUGE numbers: even if only a small percentage of the baby bugs surivive till the matured state they would still be a lot. Besides you are unerestimating the difference between an unorganized attack and an organized attack using military tactics and wise use of the bugs you have. The first kind of attack is dangerous and some lifes may be lost, but the second one is much ore deadly. For example if in episode 5 there was a Brain bug it would have sent some bugs as fodders to test the cities forces and then, after seeing Layfon presence, it would have sent a matured bug just for Layfon.
I didn't say that the bugs weren't powerful. I'm just saying that Regios generally avoid them. It's like saying that a pack of wolves can rip apart people easily. But that's why we don't live in forests.
meh is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 12:03   Link #95
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
I didn't say that the bugs weren't powerful. I'm just saying that Regios generally avoid them. It's like saying that a pack of wolves can rip apart people easily. But that's why we don't live in forests.
It seems you're missing my point: I didn't say the Regios like to fight against the bugs... I only said that if the bugs were sentient then they would LOOK FOR the Regios and launching organized assaults, which would be extremely more deadly than a rampage of a single bug. Layfon and the other two heaven blades defeated that matured bug only because they attacked it using teamwork and good strategy, otherwise they would have been killed.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 13:07   Link #96
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
I was just curious Layfon home town Grendan , since they have all the uber warriors there.. do you think they get paid by other cities too go and fight like high lvl filth monster. I mean if they had all those Elite soliders no city could have beat them in a city battle and they would own all the mines, Unless other cities have elite soliders. Rather killing off other humans might as well kill off monster and get paid for it.

Reason i was thinking this because it would make sense if Layfon went out killed a Filth monster and take all the money for himself or something and not using for the sake of thier city. I notice how people are really loyal to thier city which they are living in ( like Nina for example). So something like fighting for the sake for yourself instead of your City would probably piss off few people.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 13:08   Link #97
Momosan
?Clannad Troll¿
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
It seems you're missing my point: I didn't say the Regios like to fight against the bugs... I only said that if the bugs were sentient then they would LOOK FOR the Regios and launching organized assaults, which would be extremely more deadly than a rampage of a single bug. Layfon and the other two heaven blades defeated that matured bug only because they attacked it using teamwork and good strategy, otherwise they would have been killed.
What's the point? From what they've shown us so far in the Anime the bugs aren't specifically tracking down the regios in coordinated groups so your point is moot.

Anyways I thought Episode 6 was a little boring. I don't know why Layfon feels obligated to help people he's barely spent time with/talked to. I dunno what Nina's problem is. When Layfon feigns weakness she complains and when he carries her team she dismisses all practices and neglects her squad. That shy girl who cooks food is an abomination constructed to waste screen time. Needed more Felli/action to keep me entertained.
Momosan is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 13:15   Link #98
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i thought the bugs attack because the city step into thier nesting ground?
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 13:52   Link #99
CybEssen
A gentle ripple
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... Just a guess on what I think Leerin's letter is about.

Spoiler for Leerin's letter:


Then again, this is a pure guess, I might be wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
i thought the bugs attack because the city step into thier nesting ground?
That's what the SCP says, or what the episode shows the viewer, anyway.


I don't think they could have died during the mature bug fight in ep1, because they did have the rest of the heavens' blade waiting in the wings and whoever else there might have been, but I do see where you're coming from. Seeing how it's a pain apparently to replace a Heavens' Blade I doubt they would have stood around and watch all 3 of them die. Of course, we do have Layfon's take on the fight.

Anyways, always depending on the trump card leads to bad things, but perhaps they're just using what's available at the moment and will build around him, such as Nina getting stronger, the sniper guy will stop hesitating eventually (He's not entirely useless, just look at his training score on the scoreboard. Something is causing him to hesitate when an ally is near his target.), Felli will harness more of her power, etc.
__________________
In the end, you just can't run away fast enough.
CybEssen is offline  
Old 2009-02-18, 15:00   Link #100
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post




That's what the SCP says, or what the episode shows the viewer, anyway.


I don't think they could have died during the mature bug fight in ep1, because they did have the rest of the heavens' blade waiting in the wings and whoever else there might have been, but I do see where you're coming from. Seeing how it's a pain apparently to replace a Heavens' Blade I doubt they would have stood around and watch all 3 of them die. Of course, we do have Layfon's take on the fight.

Anyways, always depending on the trump card leads to bad things, but perhaps they're just using what's available at the moment and will build around him, such as Nina getting stronger, the sniper guy will stop hesitating eventually (He's not entirely useless, just look at his training score on the scoreboard. Something is causing him to hesitate when an ally is near his target.), Felli will harness more of her power, etc.

Speaking about the sniper dude.. i dont think the range weapons very useful fighting the Filth monster. It seem there was no effect of the range weapons during that battle. Close combat so far seem the best way dealing with the bugs.
__________________
☆● PeAcE N Love●☆
Kinku is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.