AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-15, 04:40   Link #21
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
... I guess, the only one who can plea to her to seriously actually using her skills is Layfon

apart from that, unless the situations push her to that desperate situation like in episode 4, she won't want to use it.

Quote:
i do like Felli, but her anime persona seems to be a little different from what i've read in missing mail.
Her anime persona is her real persona.

Remember that Missing Mail is an alternative to Layfon's story.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 05:39   Link #22
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
oh please, how about you do some research l have clearly given a reason as to why l consider her useless. l have also stated l hope she changes in the future.
No you didn't. It's one thing if you say this before episode 5. But if you cannot understand just how instrumental she was in saving Zuelini from annihilation during the attack, then there's something wrong with your comprehension skills.

Her look or her personality may be open to dispute, but not her power. This is quite cut and dry.
meh is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 06:38   Link #23
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
No you didn't. It's one thing if you say this before episode 5. But if you cannot understand just how instrumental she was in saving Zuelini from annihilation during the attack, then there's something wrong with your comprehension skills.

Her look or her personality may be open to dispute, but not her power. This is quite cut and dry.
ah, yes l have.
yes, lf it weren't for layfon that went out of his way to look for her and even though she did help, she was reluctant to do so. "even you wish to use me" l think where her lines to layfon when he asked for her help. oh what was l thinking?! clearly had layfon not shown up she would had put her powers to use and not stand near the window like a useless dolt. /sarcasm.
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 08:06   Link #24
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
I don't see what makes Layfon all that different from her in that regard. They both had their specific triggers that made them take part in the action, it is just that Layfon got his before Felli ... and ironically, the trigger for both involves people they wished to see unharmed - for Layfon it was mainly Mei it seems, going by the brief flashbacks, and for Felli it was Layfon himself, going by her asking of him not to die. In essence the two are the same - not caring much for the city, but willing to reluctantly step up when they realize that people they care about might be put in harm's way.
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 08:43   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Yeah Layton and Felli are similar in that regard.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 09:30   Link #26
meh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
ah, yes l have.
yes, lf it weren't for layfon that went out of his way to look for her and even though she did help, she was reluctant to do so. "even you wish to use me" l think where her lines to layfon when he asked for her help. oh what was l thinking?! clearly had layfon not shown up she would had put her powers to use and not stand near the window like a useless dolt. /sarcasm.
Umm... Without a fighter the caliber of Layfon it doesn't matter what Felli can do. Zuelini still has no chance. She cannot do anything by herself. Neither can Layfon, obviously, or he wouldn't have involved Felli in the first place.

Your logic is like saying defensivemen in football are useless because they never score goals. Or that white mages in RPGs are useless because they only just sit there and get hit. There is more to fighting than melee combat. Hence the idea of a "team".
meh is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 11:30   Link #27
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Umm... Without a fighter the caliber of Layfon it doesn't matter what Felli can do. Zuelini still has no chance. She cannot do anything by herself. Neither can Layfon, obviously, or he wouldn't have involved Felli in the first place.

Your logic is like saying defensivemen in football are useless because they never score goals. Or that white mages in RPGs are useless because they only just sit there and get hit. There is more to fighting than melee combat. Hence the idea of a "team".
lulz...the thing is
felis seems to not want to be part of the "team" a white mage does not take a offensive in battle that is true but they also don't stand around doing nothing until they are asked for help.

@skyfall
l wonder what felis would had done had layfon not looked for her. yes there is some difference between the two, the process of fighting back had not hit layfon yet but he was still worried about the others telling nina to retreat so in a way he was taking action while felis wasn't
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 12:07   Link #28
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
oh please, how about you do some research l have clearly given a reason as to why l consider her useless. l have also stated l hope she changes in the future.
take away the loli part of her character and what do you have left?
a useless,angry, abusive girl who has the ability to help others but rather not because then poor little will feel she is being "used"
ln all seriousness why does her character get away with personal faults that other characters in other anime but are ridicule about.
oh snap layfon saw her smile end result she kicks him, that was soooooo hilarious!!
layfon gets kicked if he doesn't call her by her nickname...like lulz!
does she get away with it because she's a loli?
Again, I generally hate loli so that certainly isn't a point in her favor for me. And I saw your so-called reasons for calling her useless. Nothing you have said backs up your claim that she is useless. Stubborn? Yes. Selfish? Yes. Is in need of anger management classes? Yes. But, useless? No. Again, without her your precious Mei would be smashed by that building or would be bug food (yes, that's right Felli saved her twice). Layfon wouldn't have been able to find the filth monster. Nina would have been beaten by the other captain and the 17th platoon would have lost the fight. Just because she was reluctant to help doesn't mean she is useless. Like Layfon she needs something to push her to fight.

If you don't like her personality and find her annoying that's perfectly ok, but she clearly is one of the more useful characters in the series whether you want to admit it or not.
__________________

Last edited by zalem; 2009-02-15 at 12:25.
zalem is offline  
Old 2009-02-15, 12:53   Link #29
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
lulz...the thing is
felis seems to not want to be part of the "team" a white mage does not take a offensive in battle that is true but they also don't stand around doing nothing until they are asked for help.

@skyfall
l wonder what felis would had done had layfon not looked for her. yes there is some difference between the two, the process of fighting back had not hit layfon yet but he was still worried about the others telling nina to retreat so in a way he was taking action while felis wasn't
I'm sure that point of yours only applied for episode 5 isn't it?I don't remember Layfon asking Felli for helping him in other episodes..most episodes shows the opposite of what you're talking now.

Also there's no proof of her doing nothing when Zuellni was attacked by the Filth monsters.When Layfon called her name,Felli was shown watching the battle scenery from a building,WITH her telepathy ability on.If you remember in episode 4,she couldn't use her telepathy without her wand dite in restored mode.But in episode 5,even before Layfon called her,she already activated her wand dite,shown by the petals flying on the air when Layfon called her name.If she hadn't activate her ability,there's no way she could hear Layfon calling her name..

It might be possible that Felli at that time was helping the other units using her ability,although it was not shown in episode 5.Fighting against a Filth monsters,she had no choice but to fight as a soldier to protect the city from being invaded by the monsters.Her ability always gets her lesser attention and screen time in battle compared to Layfon...but that doesn't mean she don't do or contribute anything in the battle as like what you said.Obviously she was there doing her role,just that it was Layfon that gets the screen attention.
__________________
Its ACGN that matters - A blog made by ACGN lovers,for ACGN lovers
margafred is offline  
Old 2009-02-16, 05:44   Link #30
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
@skyfall
l wonder what felis would had done had layfon not looked for her. yes there is some difference between the two, the process of fighting back had not hit layfon yet but he was still worried about the others telling nina to retreat so in a way he was taking action while felis wasn't
As said by margafred she was already using her powers in some manner before Layton asked for her help. And really you can't blame Felli for not wanting to use her own powers at her fullest without a catalyst and ignore Layton doing exactly the same thing.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2009-02-16, 07:33   Link #31
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
@skyfall
l wonder what felis would had done had layfon not looked for her. yes there is some difference between the two, the process of fighting back had not hit layfon yet but he was still worried about the others telling nina to retreat so in a way he was taking action while felis wasn't
See, i am not exactly sure he is worried about Nina (It is more like a philosophy clash on their part), Or about anyone else for that matter, except for Mei and her two friends, remembering whom was his trigger to fight. Remembering about those three (mostly Mei) is what made Layfon budge, while realization Layfon is going out there is what made Felli budge. Neither is doing it for some "greater good" or "for the city" (Which is what i like - for once we have main characters that won't go out of their way for any random person down the road), but for specific people they personally didn't wish to see potentially hurt. It is just that Felli's "interest" is in no immediate danger at the moment, regardless of whether she moves or not.


On another note, i wonder how powerful Felli actually is though. She was observing the situation, but i am not sure of how much she is capable on her own though. Chances are she could be able to put up a better fight than rest of the city defenders combined, but it doesn't seem like she (or anyone, minus Layfon) has any actual combat experience, and i doubt she could have chopped up all those bugs like Layfon did, even if she wanted to. Her part largely seems to be acting like a communications center and satellite targeting system, while Layfon is the WMD - one is "needed" for the other to work it seems.
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2009-02-16, 10:13   Link #32
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I can't call her useless, because even in the anime no one calls her useless or something like that...in fact the most powerfull character on Zuleni after Lay-Fon...
But i somewhat not like her because of her spoiledness...she says that she wants to find her own path that not involves fighting and can't take the responsibility of her talents...
Perhaps other than that her parsonality is realy funny...just like any other introverted person her mosttly seen emotion is the anger...she hates her brother because he forces her to act a bit responsible of her powers. I think most propably her growing feelings towards Lay-Fon brings out her other emotions and somewhat Feli starts to live realy.
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 00:01   Link #33
Voitan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
At first I just thought she was just really short, but I suppose the label is canon, she's a loli.

Despite that, I love how she'll not stoop to becoming some moe blob and vents her anger in comical fashion while being the second most useful person in Zuleni.

Sorry, calling her not useful is like calling green grass, orange.

It just doesn't apply/stick.
Voitan is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 00:06   Link #34
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
At first I just thought she was just really short, but I suppose the label is canon, she's a loli.

Despite that, I love how she'll not stoop to becoming some moe blob and vents her anger in comical fashion while being the second most useful person in Zuleni.

Sorry, calling her not useful is like calling green grass, orange.

It just doesn't apply/stick.
Unless that grass has an overproduction of beta carotene.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 00:21   Link #35
Voitan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Green Grass =\= Orange. Felli =\= Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Unless that grass has an overproduction of beta carotene.
Now livestock can have good eyesight.

You just need to commit the loss of one sanity point and you can have cows that can see the cowtippers coming!
Voitan is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 03:53   Link #36
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
ok...we know well that Felli is a grade higher than Fon-fon in school, but she seems like the child-prodigy type...
So:How old is she?
Another note:
at ep 6 on the score board Felli's current and previous score is the same...i think it shows her intentional holding back to the degree that she precisely earns the same points at every practice...
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 12:06   Link #37
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
She's a genius, but I think her age is around 16, while Fon-fon himself is 15. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong though.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 15:57   Link #38
MegaManComputer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Felli is not useless, if she was...she will never be on the team!. and also I think she the strongest of all her team. Since she can fight and defeat any bugs like and human like people with her magic. Also her magic is is more powerful then Fon-Fon
MegaManComputer is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 18:22   Link #39
honeypie_0106
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Her character has a small flaw.

She generally does not know how to recognize, when to use her powers. She keeps thinking why she needs to fight. They were going to be eaten as dinner and yet she would still try to argue her way out of helping the zuellni citizens.

If it weren't for Lay-fon, I doubt she would help in her own accord. This makes her a lazy individual and a bit useless if she keeps the mask on during difficult times, such as in episode 5.

She has powers - she helped Mei, but I don't think its the whole of her powers though - which is kind of a waste.
honeypie_0106 is offline  
Old 2009-02-17, 18:27   Link #40
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Reluctance isn't laziness. She doesn't want to use her power because she doesn't like being used. I'd say her flaw is selfishness. She is only thinking about herself and not looking at the bigger picture.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.