AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-13, 07:42   Link #101
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama
but I am sure it will end up being Layfon/Leerin......
Infidel, the nerve to type this here.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 08:24   Link #102
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Infidel, the nerve to type this here.
I know, I know, it's a sin within the Felli thread, lol. I am pulling for Felli, she is without a doubt my favorite female in the series and quite possibly all of anime at the moment, but I have a gut feeling Leerin is going to win over Layfon.
GreenLama is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 15:31   Link #103
JediNight
キズランダム
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I don't think we can really say. Most of the show so far hasn't focused on her, or being within Layfon. And historically the childhood friend-types rarely end up with the guy. The "no choice" end is more likely even...
JediNight is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 15:37   Link #104
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I don't think we can really say. Most of the show so far hasn't focused on her, or being within Layfon. And historically the childhood friend-types rarely end up with the guy. The "no choice" end is more likely even...
Actually, historically the "childhood friend types" win more often than not. Yes, there was a count done, though i am not up for finding it right now

That aside though, i am generally not expecting the romance of Regios to go anywhere. Layfon does seem to be somewhat comfortable around Felli, and if Leerin ever enters the fray things might get more fired up on the romance front, but overall i am not expecting anything conclusive. If i had to place my bets, it would be like either Felli or Leerin, but overall i would be very surprised if got anything conclusive in terms of romance here. Given the characterization, this doesn't seem the type of show to pull that off .... sadly.
__________________
Skyfall is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 21:45   Link #105
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
This show is one of the rare example of shonen series where the hero got kissed right from the start by a cute chick. Afterwards being introduced with pretty hotblooded chick, cute monotone looking loli and moe who's fallen in love at first sight with the hero. There's bound to be romance from the start although it may only represent around 1/4 or 1/3 or 1/2 of the overall show, but latter is probably unlikely lol.

Yeah Felli is the one Layfon's most comfortable with when talking while in Zuellni. People been wondering Layfon didn't open up to Nina that much which was why he deserved to be bashed or questioned. It makes you wonder why Layfon open up only to Felli instead of Nina judging the events of ep 9, huh?
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 21:58   Link #106
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him or boss him around.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-03-13, 22:10   Link #107
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him or boss him around.
They share some similarities. Like the fact that they both search a path, a goal to build their future.
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 04:51   Link #108
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I cant even express how huge of a Felli fan I am

I mean when you look at Felli its like MOOOEEEEEEE, please step on me.




(Wargumm1) <--------- was just reading To-Love-Ru ch 140 :P
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 08:13   Link #109
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him or boss him around.
Felli need's to stop kicking Layfon, it's becoming redundant and is no longer funny and Layfon is going to think she is abusive and not worth being with due to bruises and having to take pain killers.....hehe.
GreenLama is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 10:33   Link #110
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him
Heh, unfortunately she did try. She wanted him to be more like her, keep a low profile or show plain ignorance instead of being used. But Fon-fon being a nice guy he is just couldn’t do that and kept using his powers to help people. This somehow created a doubt within her and influenced her to follow Fon-fon’s example. Its what I like about her, she changed from selfish into finally helping people. All because of Fon-fon’s influence, and she finally learned to smile and she show it when she’s only around him.

She called him idiot at the first time, but she didn’t try to stop him, but rather went along and accepted Fon-fon’s way of thinking in a subtle way, resulting her to change and develop as well. Basically she’s open minded about Fon-fon ideals. But recently kinda pissed because he hid it from her instead consult with her about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLama
Felli need's to stop kicking Layfon, it's becoming redundant and is no longer funny and Layfon is going to think she is abusive and not worth being with due to bruises and having to take pain killers.....hehe.
I agree. Poor Fon-fon keep getting kicked and abused. But I kinda understand why she did it, she just couldn’t show her emotion enough through words or expressions which was why she went the ‘abusive’ way. I trust Fon-fon realize this as well and that’s why he let her do it at some times, he did it for her sake. As long as Fon-fon don’t mind about it, who are we to complain lol.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 12:12   Link #111
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Heh, unfortunately she did try. She wanted him to be more like her, keep a low profile or show plain ignorance instead of being used. But Fon-fon being a nice guy he is just couldn’t do that and kept using his powers to help people. This somehow created a doubt within her and influenced her to follow Fon-fon’s example. Its what I like about her, she changed from selfish into finally helping people. All because of Fon-fon’s influence, and she finally learned to smile and she show it when she’s only around him.
I disagree. I don't believe she's ever tried to force her ideals on him. She expected him to understand as she thought they were very similar and then was surprised when they weren't, but has been very quick to accept how he is, and has been changing herself since the first time they met.

She's far different from Nina on how they've interacted with Layfon and how they've treated him.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 13:15   Link #112
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
She expected him to understand as she thought they were very similar and then was surprised when they weren't
Hmm interesting, after doing some quick thinking on this matter, I suppose I agree with this statement.

Back then she only exposed her situation to him, and thought he would somehow understand as she considered him to be similar as she is. Subsequently she expected, desired or wished him to follow her example and not showing their exceptional talent to anyone, these were her initial thoughts. When he did the opposite, she was disappointed and expressed this to Layfon but that’s just it, only an act and signs of disappointment from her side. No further action was initiated by her in order to change his way of thinking (unless of course, her ‘signs of disappointment’ could be taken or read by Layfon as a signal or heed to change, then it could be categorized as a pre-emptive ‘indirect force’, which I doubt considering how dumb he is). But afterwards, she’s basically just watching him, saying him ‘idiot’ and all that stuff but she tag along nevertheless. And during this time it was her that was affected by his way of thinking to help others, started from a plead from him to help him using her powers, into finally she herself using it by her own freewill.

No signs of force or pressure or coerce were present. Of course this assumed if such signs of pressure or coerce was or seen as ‘direct’, if ‘indirect’ it’s probably a different matter altogether.

But overall I agree that there are no ‘force’ elements/factors were present from Felli back then.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 15:24   Link #113
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
the only forcing I can think of is what name she wants Fon-Fon to call her

or put more precisely forcing him to drop the "sempai"

that I don't mind at all
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 21:33   Link #114
GreenLama
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Heh, unfortunately she did try. She wanted him to be more like her, keep a low profile or show plain ignorance instead of being used. But Fon-fon being a nice guy he is just couldn’t do that and kept using his powers to help people. This somehow created a doubt within her and influenced her to follow Fon-fon’s example. Its what I like about her, she changed from selfish into finally helping people. All because of Fon-fon’s influence, and she finally learned to smile and she show it when she’s only around him.

She called him idiot at the first time, but she didn’t try to stop him, but rather went along and accepted Fon-fon’s way of thinking in a subtle way, resulting her to change and develop as well. Basically she’s open minded about Fon-fon ideals. But recently kinda pissed because he hid it from her instead consult with her about it.



I agree. Poor Fon-fon keep getting kicked and abused. But I kinda understand why she did it, she just couldn’t show her emotion enough through words or expressions which was why she went the ‘abusive’ way. I trust Fon-fon realize this as well and that’s why he let her do it at some times, he did it for her sake. As long as Fon-fon don’t mind about it, who are we to complain lol.
It reminds me of being a kid and throwing stuff at this girl in 2nd grade that I liked, man those were the days (1986 maybe). I hope she builds the courage to say something to him before it's too late, but I agree, Fon-Fon probably knows she has something deep in there for him.....
GreenLama is offline  
Old 2009-03-14, 23:04   Link #115
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It seems that we will get some nice Felli/fon-fon interactions each week :3

Last edited by Narona; 2009-03-14 at 23:33.
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-15, 06:46   Link #116
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Felli's officially Fon-fon's consort....or is it the opposite? This week in ep 10 we have her subdue Fon-fon for the ## times and while it's cute its getting way out of control. But damn even thogh Fon-fon complains he doesn't have the nerve to scold her or something, well I guess she care for her too much to hurt her feelings and given his pretty laid back nature.

Yeah Fon-fon and Felli are definitely an item.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-15, 13:24   Link #117
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hmm interesting, after doing some quick thinking on this matter, I suppose I agree with this statement.

Back then she only exposed her situation to him, and thought he would somehow understand as she considered him to be similar as she is. Subsequently she expected, desired or wished him to follow her example and not showing their exceptional talent to anyone, these were her initial thoughts. When he did the opposite, she was disappointed and expressed this to Layfon but that’s just it, only an act and signs of disappointment from her side. No further action was initiated by her in order to change his way of thinking (unless of course, her ‘signs of disappointment’ could be taken or read by Layfon as a signal or heed to change, then it could be categorized as a pre-emptive ‘indirect force’, which I doubt considering how dumb he is). But afterwards, she’s basically just watching him, saying him ‘idiot’ and all that stuff but she tag along nevertheless. And during this time it was her that was affected by his way of thinking to help others, started from a plead from him to help him using her powers, into finally she herself using it by her own freewill.

No signs of force or pressure or coerce were present. Of course this assumed if such signs of pressure or coerce was or seen as ‘direct’, if ‘indirect’ it’s probably a different matter altogether.

But overall I agree that there are no ‘force’ elements/factors were present from Felli back then.
I'm usually too lazy to write out posts like yours. Your response to my post though, mirrors my thoughts almost exactly. Nice to know there's other people out there willing to go into detail what I say and think.

More bonus points for Felli thanks to this topic.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-03-15, 13:35   Link #118
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Maybe because Felli hasn't tried to force her ideals on him or boss him around.
No, no ... it's because she's abusive with him and forces him to spill the beans on everything. felli is far worse then nina, because unlike nina she is a short tempered, worthless loli who hits him when he hides things from her (case in point leerin)

l'd rather be in constant arguments with an attractive captain then waste my time on a abusive, worthless, useless loli.
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2009-03-15, 14:47   Link #119
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Felli is far from useless...but she sure selfish, spoiled, arogant, have a tendency to jaelusy.
But she's got good points: intelligent, somehow understíanding or not instantly jumping to conclusions,have good heart inside, the long silver hair, the frills(ok the last two aren't about her personality:P)

But, she sure not the absolute beuty as some fans saying: For example her face more like a little girls'(minus the emotions).
For her to win the miss Zuelni contest sure means that it was the SCP's doing:P(or the people of Zelni have a way different method chosing the girls...cause classicaly it's not only about the face but the figure too[160-170cm of height and C-cup at least for example])
About Felli X Fon-fon:
more episodes last more like relationship with Shana/Louise/Taiga with their "loved ones"(sure sometimes i have to say that unlucky victims:P) ...the only thing differs that she don't have the absolute lead in terms of romance as the former girls(and at least Felli's not childish).
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-03-15, 15:17   Link #120
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
No, no ... it's because she's abusive with him and forces him to spill the beans on everything. felli is far worse then nina, because unlike nina she is a short tempered, worthless loli who hits him when he hides things from her (case in point leerin)

l'd rather be in constant arguments with an attractive captain then waste my time on a abusive, worthless, useless loli.
Ahh but see I view Felli as a cute little sister so I let her get away with things like that.

Nina on the other hand... Well I won't say anymore, as I fear I might be put on a vacation unwillingly.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.