AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-23, 11:32   Link #121
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
Short hair is the way to go in the military, I also find her cooler that way myself. She reminds me Alice L Marvin from Pumpkin Scissors in both looks and personality, I loved her too.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-05-23, 12:03   Link #122
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
here's another one of nina's pics...

Spoiler for bishoujo... :) :
satomianzaki is offline  
Old 2009-05-23, 14:45   Link #123
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I guess she wasn't a child of a noble house for nothing. It's funny that Felli has the princess attitude despite Nina's background.
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-05-23, 21:11   Link #124
satomianzaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
yeah you're right...

though could it be that felli is also from a noble family?
if i were to describe those two, felli is more of a "brat" type and nina the "rebellious" type...

i wanted to say "bitch" but seems a bit harsh to describe felli like that...lol...

satomianzaki is offline  
Old 2009-05-24, 05:13   Link #125
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
here's another one of nina's pics...

Spoiler for bishoujo... :) :
She looks beautiful in that other picture, and now here. (Despite having a look that says 'I have no idea how I landed myself in a dress'. ) She fits much better with combat gear, although I do miss her long hair.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2009-05-24, 05:51   Link #126
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
here's another one of nina's pics...

Spoiler for bishoujo... :) :
Actually when i saw that picture the first thing that got into my head is Rena's (in)famous sentence: "I want to take it home!". If it's problematic then the panda toy is enough.
willyvereb is offline  
Old 2009-06-12, 16:50   Link #127
azarhal
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Replying to germanturkey post in episode 22 thread:

Quote:
Nina is hypocritical because she doesn't accept Layfon's values of do anything to live, yet she keeps her closet ideology of do anything to save the city to herself. and frankly, she annoys me as a character. lets take a look at her character progression through the series.
I don't see how not liking or accepting somebody values can be seen has hypocritical. She's didn't said that he had to do things her way. She just didn't see how she could work with somebody who didn't seem to care about anything else then his own life. You should note that Nina didn't know anything about Layfon at that time and his attitude didn't help the matter either.

Quote:
fairly weak platoon member, more bronze than brains, yet not too much bronze either.
That weak platoon member was recruited in her first year (as seen in the 2 year earlier city match) and was accepted as a platoon captain in her second year. If you fallowed the anime, you'll see that a platoon can be disbanded at any time by the President. If she was so weak, I think that the platoon would have been disbanded by now.

By the way, Vance (the guy in charge of all the platoon) used exactly the same strategy that Nina used for his match against Mayath: Layfon as bait. If that is lacking brains, well Zuellini is truly screwed then.

Quote:
layfon arrives, "holy shits" at his strength. Finds out she's an ant compared to him.
As did everybody else.

Quote:
17th starts to win. misconception that she assumes she's growing stronger.
Well, she was training a lot with Layfon...and we didn't see any of those match so we can't really comment if Layfon was the only factor in those victories or not.

Quote:
17th fights without Layfon. finds out she's still weak.
The first platoon is a full platoon: That mean 7 people, 1 Fellis-like and 6 warriors. 2 warriors went after Sharnid and Shena...That mean that Nina beat 3 warriros and lost against the school best soldier after Layfon: Vance.

I wouldn't call her weak for that.

Quote:
finds out what happened to Din/why he did what he did. criticizes him for it.
same thing happens to her. she keeps it to herself/accepts it.
I don't remember Nina taking drugs.
azarhal is offline  
Old 2009-06-16, 10:26   Link #128
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
Yeah, I really love how people make up 'facts' for the convenience of their argument, then fail to back up what they claimed. Dinn was criticized because of the drugs back then.

And finally on ep 23, we could see why Nina withheld the secret. It looks like hardly anyone except her own platoon cares much about her safety and it's not really abnormal given the gravity of the city's situation. There's nowhere she can turn to now that the secret is out.

Even though the conversation between her and Layfon isn't canon to my knowledge, it did fine in explaining how she hesitated about revealing the matter. Doing all that she can to help the city but the events forces upon her such a choice that she has to decide between the city or veggie state. Ouch, I know that I'd hesitate that much even if not have second thoughts.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-06-18, 17:27   Link #129
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
I was going through some other things and just realized that I knew another character that's very much alike, both personality and visual design-wise, so I decided to highlight those other characters who share an uncanny resemblance.

Alice L Marvin - Pumpkin Scissors (manga & anime - pretty decent)

Let's see, short blonde hair, blue eyes. Uses a double-bladed sword! Captain of her squad, ranking officer. Comes from wealthy, noble family but doesn't heed to their pleas and delves into military. Squad pretty much useless bunch till lead male comes, even has a Sharnid-like casanova! Lead male insanely strong but holds his power until a time comes and he has to snap off to fully demonstrate his abilities. Everyone's awestruck. She tries to motivate and mobilize the male lead (and others) all the time, over time they get closer. She's reckless, headstrong and always gets into the thick of things, always honest and tries her best for others. Setting is a war-torn country where the majority of the population is merely trying to survive.

Jeanne - Jeanne d'Arc (PSP game - awesome so check it out if you have one)

Once again, short blonde hair, blue eyes and check the outfit! Uses a sword. Leader of her group. Dedicates her life to saving her country and its people. She expects everyone to put their very best, like she does. Complications occur to her dismay and she regrets doing that later. She again is reckless and headstrong, pushes herself beyond her limits and kicks ass as a result. She always is in the thick of things, gets hurt but is never deterred. Lead male has a distressing past and he gets to be insanely strong over time. Setting is a war-torn country under attack from a foreign power and all sorts of monsters.

Someone else in his blog has a good comparison picture which I shall add:


And then, we have Nina and I guess I don't need to point out her facts. I just want to add that these three characters are residing in my favorites pantheon and all of them following the same pattern is a good reason.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-06-18, 20:17   Link #130
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
They have similarities I'll admit, but Nina is no Alice.

I loved Alice in Pumpkin Scissors, but can't stand Nina.
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-06-18, 20:58   Link #131
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
I made no claim that they're the very same character. Their common points I told and possibly could make a lengthier, more detailed list of their similar traits. I cannot know why you felt that way (I have a wild guess but shall not mention) but I doubt that one can easily show another character who's that close in background, motives, personality and appearance. In fact, I'd love to know that if someone could.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-06-18, 23:18   Link #132
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
I made no claim that they're the very same character. Their common points I told and possibly could make a lengthier, more detailed list of their similar traits. I cannot know why you felt that way (I have a wild guess but shall not mention) but I doubt that one can easily show another character who's that close in background, motives, personality and appearance. In fact, I'd love to know that if someone could.
What's your guess just out of curiosity sake?

I'd say Alice is a lot friendlier and easier to get along with.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 02:34   Link #133
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Comparing Jeanne to the likes of anime Nina completely taints and disgrace her in my opinion. Yes I've played the game thoroughly. Jeanne isn't annoying and forceful, finally she accepts people for who and what they really are.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 03:15   Link #134
cheshire
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 36
^^That doesn't really mean much because Jeanne's more of a one-dimensional character, then again, that game's complete crap.
cheshire is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 07:11   Link #135
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
What's your guess just out of curiosity sake?

I'd say Alice is a lot friendlier and easier to get along with.
Well, Alice didn't have any real competition compared to Regios with its multitude of female sidekicks that cater to a wide range of tastes. Not to mention that she doesn't have those to cross swords with, Nina has to face a good deal of adversity from deadpan loli fans and stuff. I'd say it's a matter of availability and competition.

Alice pretty much has got the very same ultra-serious attitude when it came down to business, in fact she's generally even more reckless and scolds others when they don't want to face certain death. Other than that, both Nina and she displays genuine friendship without discrimination when it doesn't involve work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Comparing Jeanne to the likes of anime Nina completely taints and disgrace her in my opinion. Yes I've played the game thoroughly. Jeanne isn't annoying and forceful, finally she accepts people for who and what they really are.
Err, Jeanne is VERY forceful and we know what that led to in the game. Mind you, the result was as dire as it can get. Yet I won't criticize being forceful when the situation demands it, that's how I like these characters, dealing so with people who wish to remain a child in a harsh world. They are more Sgt Hartman rather than Miyagi-san. Also, Nina accepts people like that as well. Ep 10 & 23.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 07:35   Link #136
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Nina accepted Layfon because she realize she couldnt do anything about it back then and finally found out she was the weak one all the long while he's the strong one. She realizes her mistake but its too late.

Jeanne however never forced anyone to follow her but rather, it's the others who're willing to follow her voluntarily.

So for me Jeanne >>>>>>>>>>>> Nina
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 07:53   Link #137
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
Nina accepted Layfon because she found out that he was deceiving them. See ep 10, Felli tipped them off about it. She just bears all the burdens like Layfon and isn't afraid to criticize herself even when unnecessary, not sure what you mean about being late as nobody got hurt because of her.

Uh, I guess you forgot Jeanne clashing with Liane who wanted to abandon their course. We know what that led to. Nina only made Layfon join their platoon, eventually she dropped that as well. And you're making it sound like it happened at gun-point or by blackmailing. He was forced into being a military artist by the president anyway, so he'd be worked his ass off by her or any other captain.

The events are all there but I guess it's a matter of interpretation.
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 08:09   Link #138
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
In other words she realizes her mistake and critizes herself for it. Good riddance. It took her 14 eps to realize what Layfon had said in ep 9, the real way of life. Until the end she gave her team nothing but trouble. Sad but true.

And between Jeanne and Lianne, er, if memory serves,
Spoiler:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 08:31   Link #139
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
It was not really a mistake (somebody else would do it, remember the circumstances?) but she still apologizes as she considers Layfon a true friend by now. It's like how you cannot avoid causing harm to someone but still saying sorry for it since you care about the person. As for the way of life, she just told him how one should choose it, there's not a fixed one. It's her duty as a captain to lead the platoon to the battle, that's worlds away from being called causing trouble. If you insist on saying that, then Jeanne herself caused trouble to a whole country, not just her friends. (Luc Besson's movie went as far as having that as the main theme and it's as bad as interpreting an event's real nature can be)

Spoiler for Jeanne & Liane:
Ultramarinus is offline  
Old 2009-06-19, 08:59   Link #140
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Exactly, she chooses her own ways while Layfon chosen his. You say circumstances, well Layfon 'circumstances' also what made him like he is, be it past or present. This is what Nina had failed judge thoroughly. Her stubborness to see or learn what others think. When finally faced with similar 'circumstances' she finally chickened out and realized what he had said, where all she can do is nothing but apologize for her previous errors.

If by doing her duty as a captain means also giving all her squad nothing but trouble with the risk being shot by the Kei-Ra cannon, then I will consider such 'duty' nothing more but as a fatal mistake.

About Jeanne, Lianne was in the wrong imo, while Nina and Layfon's case, is like I explained.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic18330_3.gif
TrueKnight is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.