AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 19:57   Link #221
TrueKnight

Well one thing for certain after watching episode 8, is that they really downplay the importance of Leerin and her upper-hand relationship with Fon-fon. So the anime probably is taking a differrent dimension altogether on this where all the girls could possibly stood on equal ground. Meaning more chances for Fon-fon x Felli.
Old 2009-03-03, 20:21   Link #222
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Shipping means...being offensively fan of a pairing. You deffend it with your every post and state half true things as surely beneficient to XY pairing.
And if we see the shipping=worshipping concept:
Worship a character/pairing: being unreasonably biassed to that side and grab every bit of information to state your truth. An argument beetween two shippers from opposite side can be as fired up as a religious one.
Thanks for the info lol argument over romance in anime i always found that funny...
Old 2009-03-03, 21:11   Link #223
TrueKnight

Your posting in the wrong thread dude. And no need for spoilers considering its subbed so its considered to be public.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:19   Link #224
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Your posting in the wrong thread dude. And no need for spoilers considering its subbed so its considered to be public.
I know. Well I did correct that except for the spoiler tag, I didn't remove it.

... gah, looks like the connection was too slow for me before anyone realizes what kind of "posting in the wrong thread" I did. If possible I want to avoid anyone realizing what "wrong post" did I do >_>

ah well back to rabu-rabu tooku (Love-love talks). Anyway, I almost LOL'd when Felli said "Lift me up more gently," considering I'm in the middle of a class when I watched the current episode
Old 2009-03-03, 21:22   Link #225
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Anyway, I almost LOL'd when Felli said "Lift me up more gently," considering I'm in the middle of a class when I watched the current episode
I was in shock when Felli actually allowed someone to touch her. I could not believe it.
Old 2009-03-03, 21:26   Link #226
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I was in shock when Felli actually allowed someone to touch her. I could not believe it.
Uh, how about that hug from Nina in episode 4? Or you are trying to say "she allowed someone of a different gender (other than her bro) to touch her?"
Old 2009-03-03, 21:27   Link #227
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
ah well back to rabu-rabu tooku (Love-love talks). Anyway, I almost LOL'd when Felli said "Lift me up more gently,"
I was surprised too when she said that, but I didn’t quite get the meaning or reason why she said it. Any psychology/romance expert care to explain why?
Old 2009-03-04, 00:01   Link #228
boss
I am boss

She was just getting back at him for ignoring her and doing things on his own (scanning the area with his dite) when she went out of her way to follow him. It was her indirect way of saying "WTF are you doing that for when you could have asked help from the best/cutest Nen-I user who is standing right next to you! i wish you'd depend on me a bit more! hmmph! *pout*"

Heh, heh... but that's just me.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:07   Link #229
Saasha

probably because she felt the hug was too impersonal on his side, she wanted him to be affected/flustered by their closeness? XD
Old 2009-03-04, 00:38   Link #230
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

I think its more to do with Fon-Fon saying he doesn't like fighting and the sort yet here he is putting forth effort(something I find myself on 2 sides of, as I like to apply the saying "if your gonna do something, then might as well do it properly")
Felli thinks that effort should go towards what he whats to do, leading a normal life.
Knowing how to handle a girl gently would be something to put forth extra effort into
I mean he just basically grabs her and then whoosh up they go!

been thinking about this and now I've decided, I'll root for Fon-FonXLeerin!

.....as I want Felli for meself!

Bring on the HMS Bon-Fen!!!
Old 2009-03-04, 00:54   Link #231
JediNight
キズランダム

Felli is interesting in that there is a very sound reasoning for once behind her supposedly abusive tendencies towards Layfon. I don't really see it as her meaning to be abusive. It's just that her powers have always caused her to be very reserved in her emotions. So she just doesn't know how to act properly when her emotions start swelling to the surface. I think given normal relationship progression between her and Layfon, that she would eventually mostly get over it.

Felli is actually pretty hypocritical in her views towards Layfon and fighting. She extended her power a tremendous range and basically collapsed by the end of the fight with the mature bug. (Ambulance was there if you noticed) I think that shows she cares about her teammates and will try hard for them and to keep the city safe.

Layfon really has no choice with fighting. Being the strongest in the city by a large margin, his conscience would tear him up if he sat back and watched people die when he could have done something. Personally I think he should ditch the job and "double major" in General Studies then.
Old 2009-03-04, 08:52   Link #232
TrueKnight

Hmm,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Felli is interesting in that there is a very sound reasoning for once behind her supposedly abusive tendencies towards Layfon. I don't really see it as her meaning to be abusive. It's just that her powers have always caused her to be very reserved in her emotions. So she just doesn't know how to act properly when her emotions start swelling to the surface. I think given normal relationship progression between her and Layfon, that she would eventually mostly get over it.
For people who knew and understand her enough, especially Fon-fon, she’s not viewed as abusive. But for other people in the academy who don’t, she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Felli is actually pretty hypocritical in her views towards Layfon and fighting. She extended her power a tremendous range and basically collapsed by the end of the fight with the mature bug. (Ambulance was there if you noticed) I think that shows she cares about her teammates and will try hard for them and to keep the city safe.
Before she knew Fon-fon she didn’t care about what other thinks, she didn’t want to use her powers regardless of her potential. She wanted to keep a low profile and she even expected Fon-fon to do the same. Simply put, she was selfish.

However, things started changed when our badass hero entered the stage. At first she thought he was the same as her, hated people who used them (Kallian in mind), extremely gifted people, as tools for their own purpose, be it politically, for security or commercially. She somehow tried to enforce her own ideals to Fon-fon.

Further changes could be seen when Fon-fon asked her to help him locating the mother-bug in ep 5, where she’s willing to use her hidden powers to help others as a whole, following his brother’s ‘bidding’. This exclude episode 4 where she used her powers by ‘accident’.

After that, seeing how our good natured hero just still couldn’t bear seeing others get hurt, and even went far to say he didn’t mind being used as long as it’s to save people made her confused even more, and somehow longing for him to see how far he will go with these ‘stupid ideals’ of his. Little by little, she became quite infatuated by him, even so far as hiding Leerin’s letter and wanted to know more about her and her relation to Fon-fon.

This infatuation continues and starts affecting her own habits, where usually she ignored and waited people to order/ask her to actually do something using her exceptional powers, into finally acting by her volition to use her exceptional powers, as seen in episode 7 where she supported Fon-fon and the squad until the point of exhaustion.

She changed, without her even realizing it (or maybe realizes a bit). She becomes more and more attached to Fon-fon because of this change. Her character develop for the better. And of course, we owe this development to Fon-fon. Which is why I’m rooting for this pairing.

Maybe as the story went on, she will become more ladylike when she’s around him.
Old 2009-03-04, 09:50   Link #233
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I wondering that Felli's realy is 17...she somehow no matter how i look at it she seems no older than 14...perhaps this is an anime(Louise is 16 although she seems to be younger than her age...but somehow she seems to be more mature[based on her looks and behaviour] than Felli.) Perhaps it's anime where someone with the looks of a 10 years old can be in her twenties(to aru majutsu no index).
We can mention in that context Nina too... not to mention that her change with Layfon is mutual. Both of them learnt something from the other so far.
And perhaps just behind the scenes but Layfon is thankfull in many things to Leerin.
So it's interesting to see what'll happen. I guess now that there's a smaller possibility that Leerin wins Layfon's affection in sense of the writers mind because as you said. It's good too see how change a character because of someone's influence and that's not happening in Leerin's case.
Old 2009-03-04, 10:16   Link #234
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.

Anyways, *raise Fon-fon x Felli flag*
yeah!! the Fon-fon x Felli flag!!

raise it higher!! XD
Old 2009-03-04, 17:16   Link #235
JediNight
キズランダム

Based on past experience, I don't see Leerin x Layfon being a romantic chance. If they grew up at the orphanage together, then it's more the "big brother"/siblings thing. Very very rarely in anime do the childhood friends ever actually hook up as odd as that might seem.
Old 2009-03-04, 17:30   Link #236
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Based on past experience, I don't see Leerin x Layfon being a romantic chance. If they grew up at the orphanage together, then it's more the "big brother"/siblings thing. Very very rarely in anime do the childhood friends ever actually hook up as odd as that might seem.
Finally someone who think like me for this
Old 2009-03-04, 18:15   Link #237
honeypie_0106

Well it is also very rare for the main character to hook up with a cold loli. Name an anime in which the lead goes with a cold loli????? Anyone?

It is also very rare in an anime that we get to see a parting kiss at the first episode by a close friend.

I'm not saying Leerin has the upperhand, but she has a good chance as any. Wayyyy more than Felli does.
Old 2009-03-04, 18:18   Link #238
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
Well it is also very rare for the main character to hook up with a cold loli. Name an anime in which the lead goes with a cold loli????? Anyone?

It is also very rare in an anime that we get to see a parting kiss at the first episode by a close friend.

I'm not saying Leerin has the upperhand, but she has a good chance as any. Wayyyy more than Felli does.
Exactly what I was thinking. In other words, this series is pretty much breaking those typical boundaries you see in other series so everyone has a high chance.
Old 2009-03-04, 18:36   Link #239
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Not to mention that rarely most main characters of Layfon's type doesn't start out as already badass and hiding it. But then again that's not the point here...

I have my own predictions on how everyone's luck will end up with Layfon, but I don't dare to say them here. After all, it's just a prediction. Besides, the novels hasn't really ended (or so I think), it's hard to make sure of anything. But sure enough, since Regios is from a novel...

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-03-04 at 18:48.
Old 2009-03-04, 19:36   Link #240
JediNight
キズランダム

I don't really see much "breaking" of standard story elements so far in Regios. It's a shonen fighting story, I wouldn't ever really expect much. The Japanese aren't known for breaking what works

Felli is probably the one thats most complex and rare for this type of show, actually. And calling her a "cold loli" is doing her a disservice IMHO. Much like people who call Eureka a "Rei clone" in E7 without actually watching past the first couple episodes. Not to mention she isn't loli ... ?? I'd call her ... socially and emotionally maladjusted atm
Closed Thread