AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-17, 07:35   Link #401
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Your point? I never even said that Leerin is not important, rather only downplayed from the novel. Still important but not as significant as she was originally. There are some Nina centric, Felli centric, Mei centric moments as well. Also by ‘pivotal later on’ do you mean ‘exclusively from novel perspective’ or ‘exclusively from anime perspective’ or the simplest one ‘mixed of both’?
... By now isn't she is hinted to be very pivotal in the anime too? If I'm correct, vol 6/7 (which if we translate to anime truly, episode 20-22? Or even earlier if they cut off some non-pivotal filler scenes) will give us 'the other group' focus lol. And when you said downplayed, I hardly think like that, as her only downplayed parts are the letters not being read. Overall her scenes are not really making her downplayed at all.

Quote:
I suppose I agree with some of this parts, but still it deviates.
The (slight) deviation doesn't mean that the anime will take a route for Romance. If anything I'm very convinced that it's gonna take non-resolute route with romance hinted scenes from the novel being re-written at times for balance

Quote:
There are some parts where the anime didn’t follow the novel and that’s enough to make different impression for a non-novel reader to interpret. Missing Mail is one example where the main story is still there but focuses more on Layfon’s relationship with Felli, and Felli is much more expressive than the novel or anime.

They even change the goat scene in episode 10 where supposedly Layfon went berserk.

So novel is novel, anime is anime.
Unfortunately, unless they want to change the overall plot, it's impossible for me to think that a very biased or very hinted Romance-oriented scenes to be given in the anime. The parts that they change are how the characters handle situations, but so far, vocal plot is still 100% the same.

Like I said, if they take a romance pairing ending/route, the overall plot would be at a mess a.k.a really different from the novel... Which we all don't really hope since the anime is actually trying to give insight of what is happening in Regios universe (Major plot), which are canonically a combination of Sousei, Legend, and Chrome novels.

If Dixerio appearing in latter episodes and how Legend of Regios snippets is not giving you this indication that it's going to give you novel plot that needs the relationship to be balanced out... Then I don't know what will

(Yes my Dear, all the mangas are not a canon in Regios in-universe. They are more like Side-stories of the novels, with MM being the alternate version of Regios storytelling in Felli focus. Even the CSR where Nina is the heroine in Vol 1-not sure about Vol 2, heroine can change to Felli)

Even in Missing Mail, Leerin's relationship with Layfon is highlighted in how Layfon confides on her through his letters. Yesh, she have a total decrease in screentime, but the relationship hints are still there.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 08:01   Link #402
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
Unfortunately, unless they want to change the overall plot, it's impossible for me to think that a very biased or very hinted Romance-oriented scenes to be given in the anime.

Like I said, if they take a romance pairing ending/route, the overall plot would be at a mess a.k.a really different from the novel... Which we all don't really hope since the anime is actually trying to give insight of what is happening in Regios universe (Major plot), which are canonically a combination of Sousei, Legend, and Chrome novels.
But these are only ‘concerns’ of yours as a novel reader, it doesn’t change the fact that so far the anime had changed from or varied from the novel….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
The parts that they change are how the characters handle situations, but so far, vocal plot is still 100% the same.
Which I had agreed earlier,

Quote:
Not sure if this even related. I argued that aside from the main or overall plot, connections between romance aspects in the anime and novel were kept at minimum for the reasons I’ve stated earlier, where it’s not as Leerin-centric like the situation mentioned in some parts of the novel.
But if combined with how the anime added or even didn’t cover some of the parts then it’ll become.

Quote:
The anime already deviate from the novel in the first place. Probably from episode 1 to 3 it’s 100% faithfull, then from episode 3-10 the novel accuracy becomes 70-80%, which will probably decreases even further.
Which becomes,

Quote:
It means the anime had somewhat taken a different route in the romance department. That’s my whole point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga

If Dixerio appearing in latter episodes and how Legend of Regios snippets is not giving you this indication that it's going to give you novel plot that needs the relationship to be balanced out... Then I don't know what will

(Yes my Dear, all the mangas are not a canon in Regios in-universe. They are more like Side-stories of the novels, with MM being the alternate version of Regios storytelling in Felli focus. Even the CSR where Nina is the heroine in Vol 1-not sure about Vol 2, heroine can change to Felli)

Even in Missing Mail, Leerin's relationship with Layfon is highlighted in how Layfon confides on her through his letters. Yesh, she have a total decrease in screentime, but the relationship hints are still there.
Yes the mangas are different…..and some are new stories altogether. Manga is manga, novel is novel.

I'm tired..
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 08:25   Link #403
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
But these are only ‘concerns’ of yours as a novel reader, it doesn’t change the fact that so far the anime had changed from or varied from the novel….
The changes were really minimal and as of now, hasn't really deviate the plot much, in my opinion, from the novel. So claiming that the anime changes will change the novel plot (and the relationship completely, in the following result) with its 26 episodes is rather hard to believe, since as of episode 10, the changes given were not going to change future events completely.

Sure, Leerin lose her letter part and little details, but Nina also lose some details in previous episodes too. But does the cut part is very relevant to plot? Not really, it's only cutting the ones that truly delves on the further characterization (Leerin letters give me more insight to her character to be honest than Shipping/romance points. :/ It can be compensated by how she acts in the anime anyway, so with Nina and Felli too.)

Some cuts and changes were expected to move faster at this rate to reach the expected point, and we know that fanservice is a must in animes. How can they give FonxFonxLeerin fanservice while they are far away? Flashback and little reactions of course (Ep 6: Fon-Fon genuinely smiles a bit when accepting Leerin's letter ). But the flashbacks must be executed at right time or the plot will be too predictable :heh;

(Besides, as far as I know and read from magazine sources, the anime while not completely following details in the novel, is presumed to follow the novel storyline anyway... )

EDIT: In any case, let's drop the anime-novel comparison result as you have your own opinion of it. Let's just follow and enjoy how the anime visualize the novel and squee at every shipping points it gave to either ships (which is going to be large for Felli and Nina), no? I'd hate it if I have to give detailed spoiler from the novel (And Chinese readers can give you the spoilers up until Vol 6 in other thread) which would result in spoiling you all of the awesomess that is going to appear And no you Westlo and cheesie dolts, I'm not trying to find a way to escape from arguments to hear my BL Drama CD that I have been searching for high and low as of now I'm not trying to hear some R18 scenes from my favourite seiyuus, HONEST~!
__________________


Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-03-17 at 08:40.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 08:44   Link #404
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
The changes were really minimal and as of now, hasn't really deviate the plot much, in my opinion, from the novel. So claiming that the anime changes will change the novel plot (and the relationship completely, in the following result) with its 26 episodes is rather hard to believe, since as of episode 10, the changes given were not going to change future events completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Not sure if this even related. I argued that aside from the main or overall plot, connections between romance aspects in the anime and novel were kept at minimum for the reasons I’ve stated earlier, where it’s not as Leerin-centric like the situation mentioned in some parts of the novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
It means the anime had somewhat taken a different route in the romance department. That’s my whole point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
Sure, Leerin lose her letter part and little details, but Nina also lose some details in previous episodes too. But does the cut part is very relevant to plot? Not really, it's only cutting the ones that truly delves on the further characterization (Leerin letters give me more insight to her character to be honest than Shipping/romance points. :/ It can be compensated by how she acts in the anime anyway, so with Nina and Felli too.)
Aside from the main or overall part. No. Just like how I argued now and before. But it did change and vary in terms of presentation and how non-novel readers will perceive the romance department, where ‘all girls stood as equals’ in gaining Layfon’s affection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
Some cuts and changes were expected to move faster at this rate to reach the expected point, and we know that fanservice is a must in animes. How can they give FonxFonxLeerin fanservice while they are far away? Flashback and little reactions of course (Ep 6: Fon-Fon genuinely smiles a bit when accepting Leerin's letter ). But the flashbacks must be executed at right time or the plot will be too predictable :heh;

(Besides, as far as I know and read from magazine sources, the anime while not completely following details in the novel, is presumed to follow the novel storyline anyway... )
For the main plot but changes the perception on the romance races.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 08:50   Link #405
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Didn't I say it before, that I don't expect a pairing from the anime at all? I will be surprised if the anime go for a pairing, since with 24~26 episodes, we will end up at... Lesse, Vol 8-9 of the novel with the current pace, since we are basically, at the moment, is in end point of Vol 3. (Either that or the beginning of vol 4-Some new characters are going to appear soon anyway like in the official site has given).
Wel, i think that this season, if have only 24 epi, cover only until the 6-7 vol. with with the current pace. But well, i hope that they will increase the number of epi for one of the next novels or add 1 or 2 epi of filler, otherwise is pretty impossible have next year another season
__________________
Tjaard is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 08:58   Link #406
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
A little question.

Did Felli get as much cute scenes with Layfon in the novels?
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:02   Link #407
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Hmm, it seems that I misunderstood and misinterpreted some of your points before, trueknight. Sorry about that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Aside from the main or overall part. No. Just like how I argued now and before. But it did change and vary in terms of presentation and how non-novel readers will perceive the romance department, where ‘all girls stood as equals’ in gaining Layfon’s affection.
This is true, however...

Quote:
For the main plot but changes the perception on the romance races.
Please read the post where I state that the relationship (Note: I use the word relationship) is pretty much also have quite an impact to the plot/storyline, as much as the romance is secondary for Regios (if not, why the heck Shuusuke Amagi gives vol. 11? That book is priceless for having the romance side of Regios dominating there).

Unless, correct me, are you talking only on how each relationships are going to be added some romantic scenes without changing the most possibly non-resolute ending path? Because what I think is that you want to say that the pairing end in anime is possible, which I vehemently disagree

@Narona

Basically, yes. Although I surely don't remember the episode 10 (piggyback(?) part)... I might have missed it since I was reading in the night anyway But I remember some cuts were made on details in Felli cooks scene, but only non-relevant details and added with the cute near-kick scene XD
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:11   Link #408
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
@Narona

Basically, yes. Although I surely don't remember the episode 10 (piggyback(?) part)... I might have missed it since I was reading in the night anyway But I remember some cuts were made on details in Felli cooks scene, but only non-relevant details and added with the cute near-kick scene XD
Thanks for the details

I wish I could read japanese...
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:16   Link #409
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
I also think a pairing resolution in this show is highly unlikely. The established theme of the show doesn't agree with it. Felli's interaction with Layfon and a few outburst of awkward dialogues from Nina that can be considered confession if we stretch the meaning really really hard, we can find our romance in this show. It sure is fun to talk about, but the show has other things in mind than romance, so a pairing resolution is probably unlikely.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:22   Link #410
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
Please read the post where I state that the relationship (Note: I use the word relationship) is pretty much also have quite an impact to the plot/storyline, as much as the romance is secondary for Regios (if not, why the heck Shuusuke Amagi gives vol. 11? That book is priceless for having the romance side of Regios dominating there).

Romance has quite an impact on the plot but is secondary…..I do not understand. The first contradicts the latter. It’s as if the Romance is ‘semi-main plot’, so it could be considered as ‘main plot’ or even completely ‘secondary; and has no connection whatsoever with the ‘main’. Which one and what gives???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
Unless, correct me, are you talking only on how each relationships are going to be added some romantic scenes without changing the most possibly non-resolute ending path? Because what I think is that you want to say that the pairing end in anime is possible, which I vehemently disagree.
My personal view did not concede with the view that the anime will end in pairing simply because the novel has not ended yet. But this is based from the novels alone.

Because the anime somehow been altered from the novel (from the romance perspectives, where ‘all girls stood as equals’), hence it did not change the fact that the anime has changed, so the possibility of a pairing is there whether you like it or not.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:25   Link #411
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Because the anime somehow been altered from the novel (from the romance perspectives, where ‘all girls stood as equals’
This is opinion of few people here because they didn't show the letter of Leerin, but this isn't probably the reason of it
__________________
Tjaard is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:27   Link #412
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I also think a pairing resolution in this show is highly unlikely. The established theme of the show doesn't agree with it. Felli's interaction with Layfon and a few outburst of awkward dialogues from Nina that can be considered confession if we stretch the meaning really really hard, we can find our romance in this show. It sure is fun to talk about, but the show has other things in mind than romance, so a pairing resolution is probably unlikely.
I agree that it is unlikely. The anime will not cover all the novels, and if there still no resolution in the novel (I just guess, I didn't read the speculation thread to not spoil myself, but from what the people are saying here, it seems that there is no official pairing in the novel.) I don't see why it would be differrent for the anime.

Maybe in the second season, if there is one someday
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:28   Link #413
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaard
This is opinion of few people here because they didn't show the letter of Leerin, but this isn't probably the reason of it
If these were shown then I would’nt have argued about this matter in the first place and simply accept Leerin had the upper edge. But it didn’t.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:30   Link #414
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
If these were shown then I would’nt have argued about this matter in the first place and simply accept Leerin had the upper edge. But it didn’t.
As I see it, I think they will give screentime to all the potential LI, but I don't think there will be any canon pairing in the anime. Just all the girls on an equal ground.
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:39   Link #415
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Probably because you think to it only as a problem for the romance, but i don't think that the romance is a main part of the story
__________________
Tjaard is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:46   Link #416
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
[QUOTE=TrueKnight;2278121]Romance has quite an impact on the plot but is secondary…..I do not understand. The first contradicts the latter. It’s as if the Romance is ‘semi-main plot’, so it could be considered as ‘main plot’ or even completely ‘secondary; and has no connection whatsoever with the ‘main’. Which one and what gives???

By secondary, I meant it is not given the main primary focus (plot and action comes first) and is spread by... 1/8 in every volume of the novel or even less and basically to me, it acts as a fanservice and fun. However, some of the Leerin-relationship related part does have impact to the storyline a bit later. I'm not saying that romance=not important, but it is not the main plot there. (If it is, I should have seen romance genre plated on this book).

Although of course, some chapters are practically dedicated for romance though they serve as emo-material and excuse materials for other characters XD

Quote:
My personal view did not concede with the view that the anime will end in pairing simply because the novel has not ended yet. But this is based from the novels alone.

Because the anime somehow been altered from the novel (from the romance perspectives, where ‘all girls stood as equals’), hence it did not change the fact that the anime has changed, so the possibility of a pairing is there whether you like it or not.
Like I said times and times, while the possibility of pairing is there, with the 'all girls stood as equal' (which I pretty much disagree since Leerin hasn't shown her development with Layfon yet), it will give alternate world feel with that ending, which contradicts with the some sayings that it will follow the storyline of the novel that I read in a lot of sources :<

Actually with 'girls stood on equal level' position, anyone would be more convinced with non-resolution ending than a pairing end
EDIT: saying that Leerin's letter not shown means she lost the upper hand is a bit moot too. Her letters give more of a character insight than shippy points.
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 09:57   Link #417
TrueKnight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
By secondary, I meant it is not given the main primary focus (plot and action comes first) and is spread by... 1/8 in every volume of the novel or even less and basically to me, it acts as a fanservice and fun. However, some of the Leerin-relationship related part does have impact to the storyline a bit later. I'm not saying that romance=not important, but it is not the main plot there. (If it is, I should have seen romance genre plated on this book).
So it is ‘secondary’, done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
while the possibility of pairing is there,
So you agree that there may be a possibility, done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga
EDIT: saying that Leerin's letter not shown means she lost the upper hand is a bit moot too. Her letters give more of a character insight than shippy points.
Did I even state that she'd lose if the letter had not been shown? I've said that she still plays a significant role. Just not as important as the novel, but yes, still important nevertheless.
TrueKnight is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 10:07   Link #418
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Did I even state that she'd lose if the letter had not been shown? I've said that she still plays a significant role. Just not as important as the novel, but yes, still important nevertheless.
I made the edit because of your reply to tjaard's post regarding Leerin's letter cut:

If these were shown then I would’nt have argued about this matter in the first place and simply accept Leerin had the upper edge. But it didn’t.




Tell me of the bolded word when I said that her role is pretty much the most important and plot related with her hinted revelations later. You should say, given less focus/screentime than 'not as important'. (And basically, her pivotal scenes are already the same with the novels anyway, concerning her relations to plot :/ Why are you trying to downplay Leerin's importance anyway?)
__________________

Natsuki Hyuga is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 10:14   Link #419
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Are you guys arguing about the importance of each girls in comparison to the novel, or about the possibility of getting a canon pairing in the anime???

Because, for example, even if Leerin gets less love love scenes and hints in the anime, it doesn't mean we will get a canon pairing like fellixlayfon.

On that point i agree with natsuki and monir, I don't think there will be any resolution on the romance side in the anime.
Narona is offline  
Old 2009-03-17, 10:20   Link #420
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A Boring Island
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
This is what i want say, her letter was something that haven't nothing to do with shipping points or others, so i don't know understand what is this downgrade of her for that.
We see that Leerin is important to the plot easily, because she've always screentime when the scene moves on Grendan, so this means that after she've surely a key point to the story, for this she've that's "strange power" (if the author don't give her this power, surely her part on the story plot was almost finished, this because without the main plot, her only romance part don't means nothing to the story, and we've already mei for this).
__________________
Tjaard is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.