AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-07, 00:29   Link #41
Vanitas
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Uranus
Okay I seriously need to be watching this arc
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 01:44   Link #42
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Okay I seriously need to be watching this arc
Definitely. Now is not the time to be missing out on the anime. It's going to be a crazy ride from now on, to say the least.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 20:18   Link #43
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Starting in April we will be getting a new opening for the anime. It was kind of cool that the current opening was the same opening song as the very first one. Made sense seeing how the anime has reached the 10 year mark this year.
Brook should have a more prominent role in this new opening. He wasn't shown as a member of the crew in the last one. Robin was shown as a member of the crew before she became a part of the crew in the anime. Though that wouldn't of been a surprise to the manga readers who knew that long before it was animated.
I wonder who all will appear in that new opening. Seeing the events that will fall under the opening.

I'm actually a little surprised how fast they have been making new openings for the series. They normally stick to a single opening for quite a long time. Doesn't matter too much since most of their opening as are pretty good.
I remember it wasn't too long ago the Naruto series had that opening with that horrible broken English.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 23:08   Link #44
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
one piece openings are really hit or miss with me, unlike naruto non filler ops, which are pretty much some of the best ops for a long running show. But since I skip the op once i've seen it 3-4 times I guess we'll just have to see. I wasn't really a fan of the previous op but overall atleast their quality is good unlike some other shows i know of.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 01:29   Link #45
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
OOHH HELL YEAH!!! ep 392 is awesome!!

well have to say the VAs suit the SUUUPPEERRR Novas very well, I soo can't wait to see em action!!!

also just realised should be 2 more eps for "mechanic-ossan" to appear

I'm sooo hyped up about this arc!!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:00   Link #46
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
OOHH HELL YEAH!!! ep 392 is awesome!!

well have to say the VAs suit the SUUUPPEERRR Novas very well, I soo can't wait to see em action!!!

also just realised should be 2 more eps for "mechanic-ossan" to appear

I'm sooo hyped up about this arc!!!
I finally got to see the RAW. It's a pretty good episode. Really feels like they filled in some time with the start of that battle. In the manga version we only saw the aftermath. They even added a few touches at Shakky's bar that I enjoyed. Shakky teases Chopper a bit, Brook asks about her panties, and she almost answers him.

I kind of like the voice for Law, but I'm not quite sure if I like him or not just yet. That logo on his shirt seems an awful lot like the mark of Flamingo and Belamy.
I actually expected Jewelry Bonny's VA to sound younger. Perhaps they are going for a more Tsunade vibe there. I still want to see Luffy, Jewelry, and Black Beard in an eating competition.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 12:32   Link #47
karumofin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Starting in April we will be getting a new opening for the anime. It was kind of cool that the current opening was the same opening song as the very first one. Made sense seeing how the anime has reached the 10 year mark this year.
Brook should have a more prominent role in this new opening. He wasn't shown as a member of the crew in the last one. Robin was shown as a member of the crew before she became a part of the crew in the anime. Though that wouldn't of been a surprise to the manga readers who knew that long before it was animated.
I wonder who all will appear in that new opening. Seeing the events that will fall under the opening.

I'm actually a little surprised how fast they have been making new openings for the series. They normally stick to a single opening for quite a long time. Doesn't matter too much since most of their opening as are pretty good.
I remember it wasn't too long ago the Naruto series had that opening with that horrible broken English.
good ridance, i hate the current op with a passion. but with one piece its always, one good high budget opening, one bad low budget opening, so considering the current is the latter the next one should ne nice again.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:19   Link #48
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Episode was great hype, hype episode.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:21   Link #49
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Awesome episode .. finally saw Basil Hawkins animated .
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 22:21   Link #50
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Wow, this seems like a really, really long arc. So the mechanic is supposed to be 100 times stronger than Luffy?!?!?! That is just insane! I wonder how strong that makes him compared to the Grand Admiral, Shanks, and Dragon? I can't wait to see the mechanic then.

I just hope Zoro doesn't run off to the Marine Base... knowing his sense of direction...
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 00:20   Link #51
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This is why folks Anime > Manga, always.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 03:44   Link #52
stigi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
This is why folks Anime > Manga, always.
And theres a reason for why.... Manga sets the standard whilst the Anime carries out the excitement people have for one arc, thus its better.
stigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 04:26   Link #53
noktown
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Damn not enough we need 2 eps special,now that i think about it,it's been awhile since we had specials ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 05:39   Link #54
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Wow, this seems like a really, really long arc. So the mechanic is supposed to be 100 times stronger than Luffy?!?!?! That is just insane! I wonder how strong that makes him compared to the Grand Admiral, Shanks, and Dragon? I can't wait to see the mechanic then.

I just hope Zoro doesn't run off to the Marine Base... knowing his sense of direction...
Zoro promised to ask for directions, and don't trust himself
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 23:22   Link #55
Tommy
Mr. Prince
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Age: 31
Watching episode 392 made me think... When are we going to get an insanely strong bounty hunter (like shichibukai strength) chasing after the crew?

I know it's not gonna be anytime soon, but it could make for a great arc.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 00:27   Link #56
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Watching episode 392 made me think... When are we going to get an insanely strong bounty hunter (like shichibukai strength) chasing after the crew?

I know it's not gonna be anytime soon, but it could make for a great arc.
............................ Black Beard? Tried to capture Luffy for his bounty. Turned Ace into the World Government as a show of his power.

It's also just not as interesting for the crew to come across a bounty hunter. It's more interesting for Luffy to come across a other pirates who are also aiming for the same goal as Luffy.
Supposedly the crew has Smoker chasing them, but the only time we ever see him now is to see his reaction to the crew's actions. Which is kind of add we didn't see him at Sabaody Archipelago. He knew what happened and Water 7 and the crew got away from Garp. He should of known they would have to go to Sabaody Archipelago if they wanted to go further on the Grand Line. He had made his way to Alabaster just from that mission intercept from Crocodile.
I just say this, because I always enjoyed the scenes of Zoro and Tashigi.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:56   Link #57
shankss
CP10
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Smoker pretty much makes the bounty hunter appearence I think and if he is not enough we can always have Lucci and his renegade agents as freelance mugiwara hunters
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 13:34   Link #58
Blaine
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Wow, this seems like a really, really long arc. So the mechanic is supposed to be 100 times stronger than Luffy?!?!?! That is just insane! I wonder how strong that makes him compared to the Grand Admiral, Shanks, and Dragon? I can't wait to see the mechanic then.

I just hope Zoro doesn't run off to the Marine Base... knowing his sense of direction...
Wait till you find out who it is i wont say now only that he has appeared briefly already.
__________________
Blaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 15:05   Link #59
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Episode 392 was excellant! That Shakky was one fine lady, even if she's old enough to be my grandma .
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 18:18   Link #60
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Capone and a fork, was the best thing in this ep.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.