AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-26, 06:50   Link #441
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
As for Felli, she is in Zuellni, still working on decoding Derbonait's record. If anything, she is the most motivated one among the group in dealing with the war against Ignasis. As she don't feel like running away after she was entrsuted with so much. I highly anticipate her decision once she fully comprehends Derbonait's record.

AS for Harpe, I also want to know why hasn't he make a move yet. Right now, it is the perfect time for him to strike. Why wouldn't he move??
Didn't Fellis move back to General Studies in vol. 15 or is she just talking about doing it? Because, that doesn't sound like being motivated.

As for Harpe, maybe he doesn't know, or he appear next volume.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:24   Link #442
Dark Mage

Was just thinking, even though a Layfon x Leerin seems pretty hopeless now, because of how Leerin is dead-set of going against fate and thinks Layfon falling for her and vice versa is pre-programmed and so was even harsh enough to reject and hurt Layfon and has realised and sorted out her feelings and has now become sure that her feelings for Layfon arent romantic, after observing Mey-Shen. So its pretty hard for Leerin to once again fall in love with Layfon. However, putting those cruel and negative facts aside, I just realised that so far, its only been Leerin who has kissed Layfon and the only girl Layfon kissed is Leerin, the only girl who loved him since she was a child is Leerin(although now she thinks otherwise), and the only girl Layfon admitted to himself that he has feelings for, this couple has alot of firsts. Sigh...I wish everything will turn out well and Leerin becomes less stubborn

Also, my preferred girl has always been Nina and I was/am rooting for Nina x Layfon, but even so, I still have always liked the Leerin x Layfon pairing and wouldn't mind it one-bit if Leerin and Layfon hook up and get the happily ever after they so rightly deserve. Because Nina is the only girl who still hasnt been honest with herself when it comes to love, even after 14 volumes she is still in denial over the fact that she loves Layfon, so if she loses out, she is the only one to blame herself, but its also true she is too caught up in current affairs and is still confused on whose side she should be on. Arghh..I guess I just like both Nina and Leerin

However, I must say, if there is a pairing at the end, it has to be either a Nina x Layfon or a Leerin x Layfon ending. It may sound harsh to those rooting for Felli x Layfon or Mei x Layfon, but Layfon really cant have romantic feelings for either Felli or Mei. Also, if Felli stays back in Grendan, while Layfon is in Zuellni, their distance will only increase

Thanks alot for all the explanations shmaster. I had a question though, is Nina now stronger than even Layfon?

And to people who keep saying Layfon isnt attracted to girls and the concept of LOVE, there has been numerous times in the novel where Layfon is seen to be apreciating Nina's beauty and cuteness, he is a blockhead and dense only when it comes to LOVE, but he even overcame that fact when he finally realizes he has feelings for Leerin, but ALAS it seems he realised it too late. And finally here is crack pairing but did anyone here think Leerin might have been attracted to Savaris?

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-26 at 13:49.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:33   Link #443
Sinta

I guess i must be behind because I didn't know that Leerin decided she didn't like Layfon. You all must have had this discussion mind pointing out where it happened so I can caught up?
Old 2010-05-26, 19:55   Link #444
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
And finally here is crack pairing but did anyone here think Leerin might have been attracted to Savaris?
I'll ship anything with Savaris in it. Give me one scene of Leerin 'possibly' having an attraction to Savaris. Provided I haven't read it yet.

So is Leerin over Layfon completely? COMPLETELY? Is it really not just love? REALLY? Yeah right, I doubt that. Someone agree with me. Seems like an excuse to keep the harem open. What really happened there? Which volume was it? I'd also like to know. Still not convinced that Leerin will turn into an eyeball (lol). No matter how bad things get, I don't think she'll die.

And regarding Nina, how come this website is claiming that

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-26, 20:51   Link #445
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Didn't Fellis move back to General Studies in vol. 15 or is she just talking about doing it? Because, that doesn't sound like being motivated.

that's great! I'm far more interested in Felli than the other two girls... well, probably coz she hasn't got much screen time. It'll be great to see Felli actively doing something good with psychokinesis rather than being forced to do it and doing it solely for Layfon.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-27, 07:42   Link #446
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
I'll ship anything with Savaris in it. Give me one scene of Leerin 'possibly' having an attraction to Savaris. Provided I haven't read it yet.

So is Leerin over Layfon completely? COMPLETELY? Is it really not just love? REALLY? Yeah right, I doubt that. Someone agree with me. Seems like an excuse to keep the harem open. What really happened there? Which volume was it? I'd also like to know. Still not convinced that Leerin will turn into an eyeball (lol). No matter how bad things get, I don't think she'll die.

And regarding Nina, how come this website is claiming that

Spoiler:
In volume 12/13/14 (span 1-2 days), Leerin come to the conclusion her feeling for Layfon aren't romantic love because, unlike Meishen, she doesn't cry her eyes out when he's gone fighting (paraphrasing). After that, she saw that she powered him up with the Thorns and realize that she made him her Guardian. That's why she want him close by, he's supposed to protect her. She also suspect that the Thorns compel Layfon to stay close to her too "and love her". That's why she sent him away to change his fate has her Guardian. Things his Leerin can change fate, so Layfon is now on Zuellini the epicentre of everything "fate" in Regios.

Personally, I see Layfon's feeling for Leerin as being love for a mother and not romantic love.

As for Nina first kiss with Layfon? Haven't seen anything like this in the novels nor the anime. Nina doesn't care about romance anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
that's great! I'm far more interested in Felli than the other two girls... well, probably coz she hasn't got much screen time. It'll be great to see Felli actively doing something good with psychokinesis rather than being forced to do it and doing it solely for Layfon.
Felli have quite a bit of pagetime in vol. 15 with her brother and Layfon.

I also re-checked the raw for vol. 15 and Felli does talk about what Delbonai gave her (it's locked in her mind) and ask a few questions about her (and Tigris) to Layfon. Looks like she doesn't want their death to be in vain.
Old 2010-05-27, 11:35   Link #447
Dark Mage

I strongly disagree with how you described Layfon's feelings for Leerin, its nowhere near the "Love " for a mother (maybe a sister) but even that I doubt because Layfon has been around enough girls and has taken quite alot of time to finally decide what types of feelings he has for Leerin. How can you even think that? ( however I will really be happy if shmaster could be kind enough to explain Layfon's nature of feelings for Leerin)

But I agree, Leerin seems to be over Layfon, I just dont see how she can go back on her decision and reasses herself to love Layfon romantically again, it just seems pretty impossible at the moment. Also, contrary to what Nina forces herself to believe, she has shown on numerous occasions that she has feelings for Layfon. But I m still sad, that Leerin x Layfon wont happen. My only hope now lies with Nina x Layfon. However, if I take my fanboy goggles off, and look at it without emotion, I tend to believe that there will bo no clear pairings by the end of this novel. Maybe in timeskip it will be shown as Leerin being the queen of Grendan with someone other than Layfon as her husband. but Layfon will still be in Zuellni with his harem and perhaps heartbroken enough after his Leerin oredeal to never love again. LoL

BTW, does anyone have any idea when Chrome Shelled Regios will reach its end? I mean how many years has it been going on for now?

Last edited by Dark Mage; 2010-05-27 at 12:33.
Old 2010-05-27, 23:39   Link #448
shmaster
関係断続

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post

Yep, her brother is gone now, so she don't plan to be his pawn anymore. She backs down and begins to consider what she really wants to do now, and this include decoding what Derbonait has left behind. She didn't feel obliged to help Glendan or anything, but she doesn't want to pretend to be oblivious either when now she is involve the grand scheme of things.

Really, consider Layfon who is now an empty shell and Nina having no idea on what do with e-fairies try to use her... Felli is like the only one who is making some progress.
Old 2010-05-28, 00:33   Link #449
tsunade666

who is the next student council prez? and the one who replace vanze too on his place?
Old 2010-05-29, 13:26   Link #450
devilpyro

so leerin is back to grendan now? and what do you mean layfon is empty shell now shmaster? does he lost his "power up?" after leerin rejects him for his sake?

i wonder why half of the nanocell is called after swords(demon sword levantine and probably holy sword caliburn).

since leva is kinda neutral now it seems, the only threatening enemy is ignasis and caliburn then? i guess nirph only wants to see ignasis dead for now..

poor gahard, he didnt get luxury of repairing broken arms since he was useless without kei vein haha

hmm just to clarify, eyeran is ailen, saya partner which has fully mutated right? boy, is the changing into eyeball things apply to layfon/derecks too?
and eyeran basically still alive, just he`s like sealed?

harpe is kinda like old man who watch the balance now. i hope he will move to kill ignasis at least

so the only dimension left is regios and zero dimension (place where ignasis), separated by aurora field?

btw, in volume 12 chapter 1 that blewin translated, theyre ignasis and nirphiria right? they really have annoying personality lol. VERY reminds me of rachel and terumi from blazblue. stinkin main antagonist and the audicience that doesnt even bother explain anything cause its too boring ahaha

Last edited by devilpyro; 2010-05-29 at 14:08.
Old 2010-05-30, 06:27   Link #451
giorno

Quote:
i wonder why half of the nanocell is called after swords(demon sword levantine and probably holy sword caliburn).
because it's cool? levantine/laevatein, caliburn/excalibur, durindana/durandal and harupe/harpe

Quote:
since leva is kinda neutral now it seems, the only threatening enemy is ignasis and caliburn then? i guess nirph only wants to see ignasis dead for now..
uh? Leva is not neutral at all

Quote:
hmm just to clarify, eyeran is ailen
ailen=eyeran...it's just the usual matter of romanization of names...like layfon/reifon/rayfon or felli/ferri/fairy...

Quote:
btw, in volume 12 chapter 1 that blewin translated, theyre ignasis and nirphiria right?
nope, the guy's not Ignasis, just a wolf face...i don't think Ignasis has appeared in CSR yet..
Old 2010-05-30, 23:04   Link #452
godgiven25

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
because it's cool? levantine/laevatein, caliburn/excalibur, durindana/durandal and harupe/harpe
Hmm... reminds me of Celtic mythology

FSN anyone?
Old 2010-05-31, 08:26   Link #453
giorno

actually, they're from norse myths, arthurian cycle, Charlemagne's cycle and Greek's myth

and yeah, 3 of them appear in FSN(and i believe Caliburn comes from FSN, seeing as in the myths, Arthur's sword is always called Exaclibur...)
Old 2010-05-31, 10:41   Link #454
azarhal

Caliburn is actually the original name for Excalibur:

Quote:
The name of Arthur's sword in Geoffrey of Monmouth. Later modified by the romancers into Excalibur. ~ form here.
I always had the impression levantine should be Leviathan.

This give us 2 monsters and 2 swords.
Old 2010-06-01, 03:23   Link #455
shmaster
関係断続

2 monster? You mean Harpe?? That is a scythe.

Sohod named his first Nanocelloid after a sword, so the rest kinda follow his naming scheme and anme all other Nanocelloid after mythical weapons.
Old 2010-06-01, 06:42   Link #456
azarhal

I always thought that Harpe was actually Harpy, which is a monster.

Found Perseus's sword/scythe: Harpe (in French it's a music instrument that really doesn't look like a sword or scythe).

and Laevateinn is Loki's sword (that one was hard to find, not as popular as Thor's hammer).
Old 2010-06-02, 01:28   Link #457
shmaster
関係断続

Not Loki, but Surt.
Old 2010-06-02, 06:37   Link #458
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Not Loki, but Surt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A6vateinn

Loki made the weapon and gave it to Sinmara for safe keeping. Some scholar think she's Surt's wife, others think it's just another name for Hel, Loki's daughter.
Old 2010-06-02, 16:54   Link #459
giorno

i also remember laevateinn as Surtr's flame sword, you know, the one that burned down the whole fucking world aside from Yggdrasil at the end of the Ragnarok...
Old 2010-06-02, 20:21   Link #460
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
i also remember laevateinn as Surtr's flame sword, you know, the one that burned down the whole fucking world aside from Yggdrasil at the end of the Ragnarok...
Surtr has a big flaming sword at the Ragnarok and I found no reference of its name in any Norse mythology entries. I don't count some Japanese animes, manga and video games calling it laevateinn has accurate. And it's funny, because the Wikipedia entry for sword list laevateinn as Surtr's sword, but if you follow the link to the sword entry, Surtr doesn't appear on the page.

Anyway, that's a pretty useless debate, real mythologists don't seems to agree on the translation of that part of the Eddas...You can amuse yourself on this website.

Although, Laevateinn mean "damage twig" in old Norse.
Closed Thread