AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 19:21   Link #921
DoomCalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
^ hmm.. I've read DAL tho not the other 2 - their anime adaptations were quite... dull somehow - dropped Mondaiji after 2 eps and C3 halfway-thru, I read the manga version of TT! but it kinda gets too bland at the recent chapters IMO

Sorry for the dumb question, but are their LN versions really that good?
Well in the end it is you who decide whether they are worth reading or not my men. But somehow I have basically grasped your liking now. If you interested characters and plot development then would Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Kenshin no Keishousha ?
DoomCalibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 20:36   Link #922
Murakumo

Thanks, I'll try those 2 titles
Old 2013-08-06, 20:42   Link #923
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

@Chaos2Frozen Owari no Seraph manga is different from the novel; they cover different periods. The protagonist of the novel is a supporting character in the manga. The manga is finally starting to get interesting as of late. I hope the novel doesn't take 6 volumes to give me a mindgasm like Itsuten.
Old 2013-08-07, 04:08   Link #924
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It's different? I've always thought the manga is a straight up adaptation lol. The protagonist in the manga is not Glen?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 04:16   Link #925
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
It's different? I've always thought the manga is a straight up adaptation lol. The protagonist in the manga is not Glen?
Nope. Manga is 4 years later (IIRC, need to double check) , oops, 8 years later. Novel is prelude to manga. They are both written by Kagami and illustrated by Yamamoto however.

EDIT: Incidentally, the manga got published before the novel by about a month or two. So they are both running concurrently at roughly the same speed actually. Kagami also seems to have a new secret project, which should be revealed after Itsuten ends.

Last edited by larethian; 2013-08-07 at 04:37.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 08:49   Link #926
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

A big thanks for everyone that helped identify those books Still don't know what is "Escape Speed" about though

In any case... here's the other half of what I've saw Any idea what they are?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images

Images
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:16   Link #927
R.LocK
My turn

2) Sayonara Piano Sonata: Encore pieces.
R.LocK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:42   Link #928
Sumeragi
Banned

1. Garei Chosashitsu Unit Unit 11-β (牙霊調査室ユニット11-β)
2. Sayonara Piano Sonata: Encore Pieces (さよならピアノソナタ―encore pieces)
3. Tsuhoukago no Mahou Sensou (放課後の魔法戦争)
4. Seiken to Maryou no Sekai (聖剣と魔竜の世界)
5. Kiss Kara Hajimaru Valkyria (キスから始まる戦機乙女)
6. Bokutachi Wa Dokuta Ja Nai (僕たちはドクターじゃない)
7. Kuchita Kami heno Fantasia (朽ちた神への聖謡譚)
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:42   Link #929
Kirayuki
High Priestess

2. さよならピアノソナタ : encore pieces = Sayonara Piano Sonata : encore pieces
3. 放課後の魔法戦争(アフタースクール・ブラックアーツ) = Houkago Mahou Sensou (After School Black Arts)
4. 聖剣と魔竜の世界 = Seiken to Maryu no Sekai
6. 僕たちはドクターじゃない = Boku tachi ha Doctor Jyanai
7. 朽ちた神への聖謡譚 = Kuchita Kami he no Fantasia
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:48   Link #930
Utsuro no Hako

There's something about the title, "Bokutachi wa Doctor Janai" that I find hilarious. Anyone know what it's actually about?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:03   Link #931
Kirayuki
High Priestess

A story about 4 medical students in a clinic, almost everyone is a weirdo. And the patients coming to their clinic also came with various weird diseases. Also, lots of Medical Term coming out. Though, still enjoyable for people who are not familiar with medical things.

BTW, the protagonist is nicknamed as ドク(Doc). His real name isn't told in the story.
Old 2013-08-07, 11:40   Link #932
Utsuro no Hako

Sounds more like the subject of a 4-koma manga a la Servant x Service.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:22   Link #933
zerodragon

so what is Kuchita Kami heno Fantasia (朽ちた神への聖謡譚) about?
Old 2013-08-07, 14:08   Link #934
Kirayuki
High Priestess

Typical "Boy meet Girl", set in a fantasy world after "Great Collapse" in the past (the world was saved by the God's Avatar, Holy Shell). On the way home after failing national examination for "Rounder" (the knight that control "Round Gear", the giant Robot/Armored Doll), the protagonist accidentally found a mysterious girl (Kukuru) inside the rotten fossil of what thought to be remains of "Holy Shell" within underground of building. The story revolve around protagonist and Kukuru controlling the "Holy Shell" to fight "Calamity Beast" that invade their world.
Old 2013-08-07, 14:34   Link #935
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murakumo View Post
^ hmm.. I've read DAL tho not the other 2 - their anime adaptations were quite... dull somehow - dropped Mondaiji after 2 eps and C3 halfway-thru, I read the manga version of TT! but it kinda gets too bland at the recent chapters IMO

Sorry for the dumb question, but are their LN versions really that good?
c^3 's anime version is a massacre. And when I said massacre, I mean it. I was completely disgusted every single minute of those frigging 12 episode and forced myself to watch it until the end because I like the LN.
While the LN is definitely not a masterpiece, it is a fairly nice read. Some of the characters are really nice, the idea is interesting, I like the fact that things are never what they looks likes with always lies and deception from the characters, the fights are well done and refreshing, the jokes are funny and not repetitive, the ecchi scenes are well done. Some of the characters development as well as the main scenario is a bit weak though.

But the anime? I ranted about every single episode by writing wall of texts for every single of them about what was wrong. And I didn't even cover half of what was wrong, I just talked about the important parts. They altered everything to make it more appealing to the audience, apparently. Basically, they made a free adaptation of it and didn't felt like respecting anything. The jokes, the characters' personality and evolution, the scenario, the ecchi scenes, the place where things happen, the cursed tools appearance, the fighting scenes, everything was butchered thoroughly.

How the heck did we go from a normal human wielding a butcher knife mounted perpendicularly on a long handle which can do macro commands like moves to a... ninja doing shunpo-like moves and FLYING in the sky wielding a spear -which can open its blades like pliers do, yes- shooting frigging LASERS and TORNADOES? How? Just HOW? And everything is like that. A gruesome axe looks like a shining christmass tree, a torture tool looks like a shining stargate, enigmas in plots are butchered, characters says things from the novels when they don't even stand in a place where the sentence make sense because the remaining part was changed, it's full of inconsistence even without reading the novels, and for someone who read the novels, this just reaches ridiculous levels. Argh.
And on top of butchering everything they basically stopped the anime right in the middle of an arc. Nice choices until the end, really.

Just thinking back of this anime is making me want to rant again for hours. If you're naming the anime cubexcursedxcurious, how about actually using more than just the characters name and appearance(although even their appearance is only most of the time about the same) during the show? *sigh*.

Well, you catches my drift. Never use c^3's anime as a reference to decide if you're reading the novels or not. They're so away from each other that it's ridiculous. I want to believe that that anime was actually the adaptation of something else that I don't know, rather than the results of such a massive incompetence and total disrespect of the original work. If you look at it that way maybe the anime is not so bad. maybe. No, scrap that. It was just crap. :/

Well, I'm actually glad that they never did a second season, nor did they adapt the 4th novel before stopping the first season. I mean, as a human, Nikaidou and N'Izoyi are both supposed to be faster and deadlier than Alice was. It frightens me just by thinking of what they would have become in the anime. I mean, to use again the same example as above, Alice was shooting laser, flying and was doing instant movements in the anime whereas she's a normal human in the LN as far as her physical capacities go. We may have seen Nikaidou going from a knife user to a super saiyen using kamehameha. *shudders*

Last edited by Zefyris; 2013-08-07 at 15:09.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 18:20   Link #936
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
2) Sayonara Piano Sonata: Encore pieces.
What is it about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
1. Garei Chosashitsu Unit Unit 11-β (牙霊調査室ユニット11-β)
2. Sayonara Piano Sonata: Encore Pieces (さよならピアノソナタ―encore pieces)
3. Tsuhoukago no Mahou Sensou (放課後の魔法戦争)
4. Seiken to Maryou no Sekai (聖剣と魔竜の世界)
5. Kiss Kara Hajimaru Valkyria (キスから始まる戦機乙女)
6. Bokutachi Wa Dokuta Ja Nai (僕たちはドクターじゃない)
7. Kuchita Kami heno Fantasia (朽ちた神への聖謡譚)
Anything good in there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
There's something about the title, "Bokutachi wa Doctor Janai" that I find hilarious. Anyone know what it's actually about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
A story about 4 medical students in a clinic, almost everyone is a weirdo. And the patients coming to their clinic also came with various weird diseases. Also, lots of Medical Term coming out. Though, still enjoyable for people who are not familiar with medical things.

BTW, the protagonist is nicknamed as ドク(Doc). His real name isn't told in the story.
A medical-comedy story?! That's new

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
so what is Kuchita Kami heno Fantasia (朽ちた神への聖謡譚) about?

Typical "Boy meet Girl", set in a fantasy world after "Great Collapse" in the past (the world was saved by the God's Avatar, Holy Shell). On the way home after failing national examination for "Rounder" (the knight that control "Round Gear", the giant Robot/Armored Doll), the protagonist accidentally found a mysterious girl (Kukuru) inside the rotten fossil of what thought to be remains of "Holy Shell" within underground of building. The story revolve around protagonist and Kukuru controlling the "Holy Shell" to fight "Calamity Beast" that invade their world.
Sounds rather typical indeed, any good 'surprises'?
Old 2013-08-07, 18:44   Link #937
Kirayuki
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sounds rather typical indeed, any good 'surprises'?
I'm not sure from what I glimpsed through, the development is kinda typical and I lost interest after Kukuru asked the MC to create baby (which is what awaken the "Holy Shell" they control)
Old 2013-08-07, 18:48   Link #938
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
I'm not sure from what I glimpsed through, the development is kinda typical and I lost interest after Kukuru asked the MC to create baby (which is what awaken the "Holy Shell" they control)
Ahhh...One of those series eh...
Old 2013-08-07, 18:53   Link #939
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Anything good in there ?
Sayonara Piano Sonata

Serious and sweet romance title. Encore is basically the side story/conclusion, so read the original volumes first.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 19:15   Link #940
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Sayonara Piano Sonata

Serious and sweet romance title. Encore is basically the side story/conclusion, so read the original volumes first.
Ahhh so there was an original series- I thought it was a oneshot

Tags
light novels