AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 11:45   Link #741
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndsly View Post
How did she pull that off!?!?!?
Just a joke. Seriously though, HA was the result of Angra Mainyu's power being used in a... weird way.
Old 2011-02-16, 12:08   Link #742
2ndsly
Knight of Word

Ah, that fits better with what I know of it.

And again, I do answer thee: Bite me.
-Harry Dresden (Dresden Files)

Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.
2ndsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 21:19   Link #743
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
What happens to her post UBW/Fate anyway? I read somewhere (lantz I think) that she dies of organ failure or something. Is that fanon or canon?
Sounds fanon to me. I don't remember anything from Nasu or Type-Moon to that effect.
Yeah, it's pure fanon. In fact, it's not even that, because I can't think of ever seeing it as a serious suggestion before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag View Post
I've always wondered why Nasu keeps his Sakura fan base on edge each time he brings an update. Would it kill him if he just told them what happens to her?
Well, yeah....

It's probably a case of him not wanting to say anything just in case he decides to write a sequel at some point, though. Which is fucking infuriating but, still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think her ambigiuous fate in those two routes is somewhat intentional to further the rage. I think it's quite clever in a way.
Possibly. I wouldn't call it "clever", though, because it certainly does not endear me to Nasu one bit, and nor does it make me more likely to give him money (quite the opposite, in fact...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Or maybe Nasu is just too lazy to explain what happens to Sakura post-Fate and UBW, and instead leaves it to the imaginations of the fans.
That's possible, but given that he was willing to say what happens to Shinji post-UBW, if that's his reasoning I'd be seriously pissed at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Actually I think it's because of Type-Moon's position that Heaven's Feel is the canon route, so the other two don't really matter in terms of future stories...
Nah, as much as I'd like this to be true, it simply isn't. None of the routes are officially "canon".
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 21:34   Link #744
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover;3490720T
That's possible, but given that he was willing to say what happens to Shinji post-UBW, if that's his reasoning I'd be seriously pissed at him.
In fairness, though, Shinji's fate is only implied at best post-UBW; all we're told by Shirou is that Shinji is starting to go back to his "old self" and that he's changing for the better. And even then, that's shaky. Even if Shirou says Shinji is fine now, it doesn't mean he'll always be fine.
Old 2011-02-16, 21:50   Link #745
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
In fairness, though, Shinji's fate is only implied at best post-UBW; all we're told by Shirou is that Shinji is starting to go back to his "old self" and that he's changing for the better. And even then, that's shaky. Even if Shirou says Shinji is fine now, it doesn't mean he'll always be fine.
No, Nasu actually answered that in his most recent Q&A (in the most recent Side Material book). He stated that Shinji will live normally post-UBW, still being himself.
Old 2011-02-16, 21:52   Link #746
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
No, Nasu actually answered that in his most recent Q&A (in the most recent Side Material book). He stated that Shinji will live normally post-UBW, still being himself.
Huh, did he? I never read that. Ah, well. That's what I get for not having access to the side material.

Still, IMO I think it's a plus that we never really know for sure in UBW or Fate canon what happens to Sakura. It paves the way for fanfiction dealing with what could have happened to her after the War. I personally think it would be interesting to write a fic about that, with all the possibilities.
Old 2011-02-16, 21:55   Link #747
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Happen to have a link to a source? Not saying you're wrong or anything, but anyone can claim anything without a source.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:44   Link #748
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Still, IMO I think it's a plus that we never really know for sure in UBW or Fate canon what happens to Sakura. It paves the way for fanfiction dealing with what could have happened to her after the War. I personally think it would be interesting to write a fic about that, with all the possibilities.
Well, that would perhaps be true, if it wasn't for the fact that the majority of fanfic writers seemingly can't be fucked to deal with it, and thus just ignore her entirely.

You're right that not knowing gives a lot of scope for potential fanfics on the subject, but it also leaves fanfic writers in a situation where they feel they have to either focus on her or ignore her entirely, and the majority choose the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Happen to have a link to a source? Not saying you're wrong or anything, but anyone can claim anything without a source.
It's in Japanese, so not really, no. It's in the newest Side Material book, though, if you're that bothered (and can read Japanese...), in the Q&A section. There's probably a torrent of it floating around somewhere.

It was translated on Beast's Lair by someone who is reliable, though, and in theory I could find the quote, if I could be bothered to sift through 200-odd pages of crap to find it.

But, anyway, you're free to believe it nor not, but it's not something I got from TM wiki or any similarly unrelaible source, it comes directly from someone who knows what they're talking about.
Old 2011-02-17, 20:37   Link #749
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think her ambigiuous fate in those two routes is somewhat intentional to further the rage. I think it's quite clever in a way.
It's good for business because it'll keep those people interested...maybe.

He has a thing about bringing in pieces of info about characters in the oddest places. He even uses the April Fool's jokes to add flavor (even to people like Shinji).

But not with Sakura really. He plays on the jealousy/yandere/envious/Dark Sakura shtick too much, but doesn't seem to add substance like he does with Rin, or Saber, or Archer. For example, look at the April Fool's stuff, in particular the TMitter (Twitter) prank. You get all these good things about Rin/Archer, Shinji, and Saber/Shirou, even Rider. Sakura's role was to jealously devour Shinji and end the event with one tweet. Now yeah, I know everyone might not get the spotlight all the time, but he really doesn't use her effectively for anything but cheap DS jokes. It's a waste in my humble opinion for one of the central characters.

Well, it happens.

Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 22:33   Link #750
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

OMG YOU GUYS IT'S AN UPDATE AND IT'S ALL SHINY AND STUFF.

*cough*

So, yes, an update. Chapter 4, at long last! And heavily modified from what I originally had in mind for the story, but in the end, this moment needed a chapter of its own. Damn you for being right, Moczo. Damn you.

Spoiler for Into The Rain: Warmth:

FF.net linkage.

As A Result of Bad Planning
The Contradiction of Tohsaka Rin
The Situation of Matou Sakura
Old 2011-02-17, 22:42   Link #751
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo Send a message via Skype™ to Moczo
Quote:

*cough*

So, yes, an update. Chapter 4, at long last! And heavily modified from what I originally had in mind for the story, but in the end, this moment needed a chapter of its own. Damn you for being right, Moczo. Damn you.

FF.net linkage.

Spoiler for Rain Thoughts:
Old 2011-02-17, 22:43   Link #752
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:

*cough*

FF.net linkage.

I think I just felt hell freeze over.

Nice chapter, by the way. Almost worth the wait.
Old 2011-02-18, 00:03   Link #753
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

RAIN!

You know, nothing more really needs to be said.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 04:11   Link #754
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
It's good for business because it'll keep those people interested...maybe.
Actually, I was thinking storyline-wise. If you're a HF/Sakura fan then you can't help but perceive Sakura's absence in Fate/UBW to be kind of like a middle finger to everything Fate/UBW stand for (which are the exact opposite to HF). Shirou banging on about ideals and saving the world appears horribly ineffective or pointless when you consider Sakura is still sufferring. It's as if it's proof that Shirou's ideals don't really work in it's application. This is from an HF/Sakura fans perspective, mind you.
Old 2011-02-18, 06:34   Link #755
2ndsly
Knight of Word

Spoiler for Rain ch 4:

EDITED: because I always find something spelled wrong /after/ posting it.

And again, I do answer thee: Bite me.
-Harry Dresden (Dresden Files)

Don't curse the darkness, light a candle.
2ndsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 13:14   Link #756
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndsly View Post
*wrinkles brow in accusation*
Are you setting up Shirou/Rider?!?!
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Old 2011-02-18, 20:47   Link #757
Flere821
Lurker

Nice to see another chapter of Rain I'd like to comment more on the specifics, but I'm too overwhelmed by the WAFF right now ^.^;
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 22:18   Link #758
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'd like to comment more on the specifics, but I'm too overwhelmed by the WAFF right now ^.^;
Mission accomplished.
Old 2011-02-19, 21:26   Link #759
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, very nice chapter. I love the interactions between Rin and Sakura, and how Rin's heart keeps getting the better of the part of her that is saying "no, I have to act like a proper magus".

So, yeah, definite WAFF from this chapter....

Also, I do like where you're heading with Shirou. Shirou x Rider isn't a pairing I would normally condone, because I simply can't see it forming due to how much Rider cares for Sakura and her well-being, but with Sakura paired with Rin here it fits perfectly.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:46   Link #760
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I'm not quite done with this part just yet; this is what I have for it so far.

Spoiler for Crystallized Moments: part 4:

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction