AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 33 24.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 38.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 21.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-22, 20:47   Link #301
Fran~
floating away...

Taiga isn't Tsundere.
Old 2009-02-22, 20:49   Link #302
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

At least, she was at the beginning >.>
Old 2009-02-22, 20:54   Link #303
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
At least, she was at the beginning >.>
Such is the power of character development.

Take that, Louise.
Old 2009-02-22, 21:15   Link #304
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
The best part of the episode was at the beginning, when Taiga read Osuchin (or something like that) wrong.
The brochure said "chinsukou" but Taiga said "chinkosuu."
Old 2009-02-22, 21:27   Link #305
Justin Kim
*Artist

LOL, that part was great - It happens to me almost every single day, with my terrible vision. I think our Palmtop tree tiger needs some glasses, and a big set as well. I had to re-play that part just to get what it was trying to say
Old 2009-02-22, 21:50   Link #306
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
The brochure said "chinsukou" but Taiga said "chinkosuu."
Ah, thanks for clearing that up
Old 2009-02-22, 22:06   Link #307
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Take that, Louise.
You should say 'Take That JC Staff' as again Louise in the novels does develop her character quite a bit, its just that anime decided to take any character development out.
Old 2009-02-22, 22:35   Link #308
FeDeR

Taiga x Ryuuji bet cuz too many hints that even ryuuji loves her i can't just get y they all love this dumb=))))))
Old 2009-02-22, 23:41   Link #309
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The bird is immortal. It has lived for eons, as a sentinel, watching over humanity.
Hmmm...no wonder I was getting such powerful vibes from the almighty Inko-chan.
Old 2009-02-23, 01:27   Link #310
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Any bird that can elicit a very profuse apologies from its "master" has to be something.
Old 2009-02-23, 02:12   Link #311
FeDeR

It is Something)
I think there is high probability that Inko-chan gonna tell that taiga and ryuuji are couple. This bird always says some important things
Old 2009-02-23, 02:36   Link #312
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Any bird that can elicit a very profuse apologies from its "master" has to be something.
Just when we thought Hayate no Gotoku would be the last anime to feature dictatorships based around Animal Monarchs.

Inko-chan is clearly the Pope of his own religion.

We can only pray that he is merciful and forgiving.
Old 2009-02-23, 08:03   Link #313
FeDeR

I think it will be) BTW I really see how clever is taiga)) After the Ryuuji's words '' Really I wonder how long you will last'' her response and her smile are like telling us that she wanna look how long ryuuji will last to prove his feelings)
Old 2009-02-23, 08:37   Link #314
Fran~
floating away...

Those smiles and phrases are really something, you know...
Old 2009-02-23, 09:39   Link #315
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ryu is pretty dense i have never agreed with Ami more when she basically called him stupid and Minorin there is a limit to how far you can go to pretend something did not happen. She was well aware of what of Taiga did when she threw the bag at Ryu which is why she made that face along with her rambling. Taiga is sacrificing herself for the two people most dear to hear yet. It will not go as smoothly as she thinks Minorin still knows Taiga loves Ryu therefore she will not take any steps forward that might hurt her. I still dont know why both of them had to carry the damn bag its not that heavy. I found it cheaply amusing but pointless the only real purpose was so Ami could see them and go into her cryptic saying.

Showing the changes in Taiga by showing her apartment was a creative way to show her progress. Things will change that cant stay the same forever and Ryu realizes that finally too bad he couldnt change himself in Okinawa next time be careful for what you wish for lol.

My only real compliant is still the lack of Ami development and no time between her and Ryu shes the only one who has not had a real decent shot at explaining her feelings shes had moments not opportunities.
Old 2009-02-23, 14:24   Link #316
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unfortunately for Ami watchers, it does look like that for reasons that are clear from the novel, when cuts were made to storyline for the adaptation, she did take a lot of hits. I guess I just recommend that people go on to read the novels after the series and/or hope that the manga adaptation has the elbow room to re-enact most or all of the novels.

edit: watched the episode 3 times now.... I finally rated it a "10". They managed to highlight a tremendous amount of plot advancement despite an insane amount of compression. Just reviewing it on its own without reference to the novel, it managed to portray everyone's feelings (there was a LOT of dialog) and explain where everyone was in the "game" and how they stand with each other. They even managed to give Kihara a chance to stay in the loop and give the "idiot comic relief pair" some moments.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-23 at 15:37.
Old 2009-02-23, 15:33   Link #317
Fran~
floating away...

I think that Ami's lovers will be more happy with the novels than the anime.
Old 2009-02-23, 15:38   Link #318
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I started off as an Ami lover but I think it's turning out quite well...
Old 2009-02-23, 16:52   Link #319
FeDeR

you think right but Vexx an Sinistra words touched me so actually i might say may be there are going to be final taiga and ryuuji living without each other. cuz there are so many interest paid for her development, so idk)
Old 2009-02-23, 18:34   Link #320
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Unfortunately for Ami watchers, it does look like that for reasons that are clear from the novel, when cuts were made to storyline for the adaptation, she did take a lot of hits. I guess I just recommend that people go on to read the novels after the series and/or hope that the manga adaptation has the elbow room to re-enact most or all of the novels.

edit: watched the episode 3 times now.... I finally rated it a "10". They managed to highlight a tremendous amount of plot advancement despite an insane amount of compression. Just reviewing it on its own without reference to the novel, it managed to portray everyone's feelings (there was a LOT of dialog) and explain where everyone was in the "game" and how they stand with each other. They even managed to give Kihara a chance to stay in the loop and give the "idiot comic relief pair" some moments.
We have to deal with what the anime could do in its limited run, and the episode delivered despite the multitude of cuts. I was quite affected with the dialogue between Ryuuji and Taiga (I even wrote about that and was quite impressed), because the whole dialogue was simply Taiga emotionally stabbing herself again and again ... which made the previous episode resonate more, and which finally aroused my pity towards her. She was between a rock and a hard place: I think she chose to be stabbed by shards of diamond.

I was beside myself with dismay when they removed a significant portion of Ami back with episode 15. By that time I already knew how futile pining for her was, because her roles in the novels (so I've read, at least juxtaposing with that specific episode) were so much more in-depth and involved.

C'est la vie. Let's just watch two people who were meant to be even from the very start, and appreciate it. I love Toradora because I have lived as obliviously as Ryuuji was, and I can understand why the different women act that way as well.
Closed Thread