AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 33 24.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 38.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 21.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-02-24, 01:17   Link #321
FeDeR
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Yes exactly this two were meant to be a couple frome very beginning of 1st EP!! so just watch and enjoy)
FeDeR is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 04:05   Link #322
Mephiles
~ The Dark ~
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Feder... stop shipping, you're only saying the same things over and over in all your posts.

Maybe is obviously how this show is going to end, but try to open your mind and suggest another points to talk. Toradora deserves more than shipping comments. :/
__________________


I'm learning English. I'm sorry if my speech sucks.
Mephiles is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 04:23   Link #323
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
While shipping, Feder has a point. Toradora was built from ground up to end with Ryuji and Taiga together, or if that doesn't happen, no pairing at all.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 04:36   Link #324
Mughi
Wordy b@stard
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mid-Tejas
Well, I'll still pull for Ryuji and Minori to hook it up, but in the end if the fates want the Tora and the Dora to be true to their show's title, they could do worse than one another...

When's 21 due?
Mughi is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 04:40   Link #325
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 29
Whats a Tora and a Dora?
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 04:50   Link #326
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Tora -> Tigre -> Taiga
Dora -> Dragon -> Ryuji

The explanation is given at the end of episode 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume1 Chapter 6 translation baka-tsuki
"I'm a dragon, and you're a tiger... the dragon has been the only beast that can stand equal to a tiger since ancient times. That's why I have to become a dragon, so I can stay by your side."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
When's 21 due?
Wednesday 5:20PM French hour (GMT+1) probably Thursday 1:20AM in Japan but I'm not sure.

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2009-02-24 at 05:02.
Miles Teg is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 05:05   Link #327
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 29
ah...I see.

Episode 2 was a long time ago...

I wonder what Ami and Minori would be considered then, and Kitamura too.
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 05:36   Link #328
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Tora -> Tigre -> Taiga
Dora -> Dragon -> Ryuji

The explanation is given at the end of episode 2.





Wednesday 5:20PM French hour (GMT+1) probably Thursday 1:20AM in Japan but I'm not sure.
Lol whoah dang, I didn't know that. I don't know what the heck I was reading in episode 2, must have spaced out from just eating ramen and watching Toradora at the same time. So I guess the story will envelop around them, and eventually conclude with them considering the title's significance to there school stereotype
Justin Kim is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 06:42   Link #329
FeDeR
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Thanks all who supported me )) I just saying things that seem to me True 21 on japanese is due tomorrow ) Not thursday xD also srry for being repeating. also may be there will be different ending but they for sure gonaa be same friends as usual) Regarding to title) I did a lot of brainstorming on toradora! thing so do not blame me) it is just a result which i got from this anyways ToraDora is not simple stupid anime so if the will not do a bad ending it is going to be epic) I gonna download all series in high quality on my laptop) so I will never miss this story) IT is so pure for our spoiled times) It is rare to find such purity now) I wonder when subs will be done for 21st)
FeDeR is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 06:54   Link #330
Miles Teg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Le Mans, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeDeR View Post
(((((((((((Thanks all who supported me )) I just saying things that seem to me True 21 on japanese is due tomorrow ) Not thursday xD also srry for being repeating. also may be there will be different ending but they for sure gonaa be same friends as usual) Regarding to title) I did a lot of brainstorming on toradora! thing so do not blame me) it is just a result which i got from this anyways ToraDora is not simple stupid anime so if the will not do a bad ending it is going to be epic) I gonna download all series in high quality on my laptop) so I will never miss this story) IT is so pure for our spoiled times) It is rare to find such purity now) I wonder when subs will be done for 21st)
Sorry to say that but Toradora is airing in Japan on Thursday (1:20AM) some country change day before other
Miles Teg is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 07:02   Link #331
puppygod
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Warsaw, PL
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Sorry to say that but Toradora is airing in Japan on Thursday (1:20AM) some country change day before other
Yeah, but for anything west of China it's still Wednesday at this hour
puppygod is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 09:00   Link #332
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
I wonder what Ami and Minori would be considered then, and Kitamura too.
Side characters...
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 09:40   Link #333
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
ah...I see.

Episode 2 was a long time ago...

I wonder what Ami and Minori would be considered then, and Kitamura too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Side characters...
I prefer to call them the Sexy-Support Cast.
Except for Kitamura... He's actually insane I think. All that trouble with his love life has him running around naked all the time.

Although one must admit, Ami has played quite a serious role in regards to Takasu's actions. She's put more effort than she ever needed to in to helping him to not ruin everything. In a way she's almost like a lonely guardian angel. By lonely I mean single, and by single I'm hoping I don't have to spell this out.
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 11:14   Link #334
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 26
Quote:
I wonder what Ami and Minori would be considered then, and Kitamura too.
Ami and Minori: panthers to "challenge" the dragon
Kitamura: Mad zookeeper, they're all dancing in the fingertips of his hand.
__________________
Kafriel is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 11:15   Link #335
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
I prefer the term "Supporting Character" as they're clearly more significant to the story than background cast members like Nanako.
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 15:08   Link #336
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
The times given are also *broadcast* air times.... there will be a lag before the raws appear in the usual places and another day or two while the active fansubber does their work and then releases it.
__________________
Vexx is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 17:00   Link #337
Justin Kim
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I prefer the term "Supporting Character" as they're clearly more significant to the story than background cast members like Nanako.
Preach on brother, I agree fully to that statement. Supporting Characters that provide the climatic response to Toradora's initial story line.
Justin Kim is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 18:10   Link #338
Janifuu
緩和
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Although one must admit, Ami has played quite a serious role in regards to Takasu's actions. She's put more effort than she ever needed to in to helping him to not ruin everything. In a way she's almost like a lonely guardian angel. By lonely I mean single, and by single I'm hoping I don't have to spell this out.
Serious role would be so if Ryuuji actually listened to her damn advice, which of course hes too dense to do so
Janifuu is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 20:01   Link #339
roan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
Serious role would be so if Ryuuji actually listened to her damn advice, which of course hes too dense to do so
In this case, I think it's more like he doesn't want to listen to what he doesn't want to hear.
roan is offline  
Old 2009-02-24, 20:24   Link #340
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janifuu View Post
Serious role would be so if Ryuuji actually listened to her damn advice, which of course hes too dense to do so
Her advice was pretty self serving though. Ironically he now is inadvertently taking her advice by distancing himself from Taiga (Not his decision).
typhonsentra is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.