AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 22.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 8.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-26, 20:17   Link #61
Nosauz

misaka + tsun tsun=win and top that all of Misaka + yuri oppai fondling goodness=nosebleed. I hope that we get some more touma x misaka action as the series progresses.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 21:40   Link #62
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
misaka + tsun tsun=win and top that all of Misaka + yuri oppai fondling goodness=nosebleed. I hope that we get some more touma x misaka action as the series progresses.
Not much progression left. Only five episodes. lol.
Old 2009-02-27, 05:31   Link #63
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not much progression left. Only five episodes. lol.
Only four
Old 2009-03-01, 00:52   Link #64
Kiwichan
Inactive Member

I'm trying to figure out how important Last Order is to the clones... does all the Misaka clones transmit everything back to her and she is the one that if she dies the clones are cut off, or if they implanted a virus into one of the clones they'll all go beserk anyways? Just a lot of questions coming to mind.
Kiwichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 23:05   Link #65
shcfyd
snow is fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
SAKUJOU! SAKUJOU! SAKUJOU! SAKUJOU! KAMI NO OOSENODOORI NI!

Spoiler for ep20:
Well said. Although Accelerator's character development had good potential, previous facts and already established characteristics make his actions and 'new' character about as believable as his kill count, or perhaps even less...

Spoiler for possible spoilers ahead for animu & mango:

-tiny pupils are tiny
-especially when contrasted to Last Order's moéness
-awesome ahoge is awesome
-topic relevant to possible recent events...maybe...hehehe best military clones ever <3
shcfyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 02:26   Link #66
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
You seem to forget that he couldn't quit because sisters would came for him anyway and make him fight or die. And it wouldn't be in preplanned places any more so his life would became hell. He couldn't persuade scientists. After it started for him only way to quit is to make sisters quit.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 13:30   Link #67
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
You seem to forget that he couldn't quit because sisters would came for him anyway and make him fight or die. And it wouldn't be in preplanned places any more so his life would became hell. He couldn't persuade scientists. After it started for him only way to quit is to make sisters quit.
He couldn't persuade the scientists? He agreed in the first place. If he wants to stop cooperating, they can't do anything. He practically lives life with that shield of his, so if he perfectly ignores the sisters, even if they do attack, he can't be bothered.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 02:33   Link #68
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
If he wants to stop cooperating, they can't do anything. He practically lives life with that shield of his, so if he perfectly ignores the sisters, even if they do attack, he can't be bothered.
You know, if they'll attack him 24 hours day he will be in very crappy situation. Not that i like his choice but for self centered jerk (which he is) he is in upper tier.

PS. Actually to think of it disagreement of sisters with experiment is the only thing that could put a lid on it. They are only thing that can't be replaced. Scientists or even Accelerator are replaceable, agreement of hivemind to continue is not, because even if they'll do another one it will evolve the same way. And i think that is exactly what happened, though through actions of Mikoto and Touma. I bet people behind experiment knew who Touma is so his defeat of Accelerator wasn't reason to stop. And Misaka imoutos deciding that while they are hivemind each of them is person too is a good reason.

Old 2009-10-08, 13:34   Link #69
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
You know, if they'll attack him 24 hours day he will be in very crappy situation. Not that i like his choice but for self centered jerk (which he is) he is in upper tier.

PS. Actually to think of it disagreement of sisters with experiment is the only thing that could put a lid on it. They are only thing that can't be replaced. Scientists or even Accelerator are replaceable, agreement of hivemind to continue is not, because even if they'll do another one it will evolve the same way. And i think that is exactly what happened, though through actions of Mikoto and Touma. I bet people behind experiment knew who Touma is so his defeat of Accelerator wasn't reason to stop. And Misaka imoutos deciding that while they are hivemind each of them is person too is a good reason.
Frankly I don't think he minds that much at all. With the whole auto-reflect ability, the fight's basically end themselves, nothing really posses a threat to him. And there's already a ton of evidence suggesting he really truly does like killing them.

Even though its totally against his character to want to stop the experiment, there are many other more effective alternatives.

As for the need of the imouto's agreement and them not being replaceable... I recall it being as easy as a push of a button.

There are very few people who know of Touma or his ability-least of all the scientists with no relation to him. Acc's defeat didn't stop, it paused, the whole Amai Aoi business finished it.
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 15:08   Link #70
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ah, actually, the very reason he decided to go along with the experiment was because he was sick and tired of being attacked all the time. He wanted to be so powerful, the very thought of fighting him would be considered ridiculous.
Old 2009-10-08, 16:18   Link #71
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

If that's the case, then...so many other things still don't make sense or work
"Don't like fighting or being jumped? Well our experiment can fix that for you!"
"What do I have to do?"
"Well..."

It's interesting how every act or motivation seems to undermine his character-or contradict something else he believes or did I guess it just goes to show how hard it is to make villains with more depth...or try to change their role >.<

Waiiit...didn't he comment on how after being defeated by Touma the amount of ppl trying to attack him actually increased-like from zero(non-expt related fights)? And pre-Touma it was already established that he was the most powerful ie. no one would confront him?
Old 2009-10-08, 17:50   Link #72
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

He was attacked, just not everyday. There ARE fame-seeking idiots after all. And given nature of Academy City they are a good portion of population. It just his attitude + "defeated by lv0" upped they number to 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
Frankly I don't think he minds that much at all. With the whole auto-reflect ability, the fight's basically end themselves, nothing really posses a threat to him. And there's already a ton of evidence suggesting he really truly does like killing them.
You realize that to live in hell you don't necessary need to be damaged?

Quote:
Even though its totally against his character to want to stop the experiment, there are many other more effective alternatives.
Name them.

Quote:
As for the need of the imouto's agreement and them not being replaceable... I recall it being as easy as a push of a button.
Don't think that "robot" imoutos would be any good for experiment.

Quote:
There are very few people who know of Touma or his ability-least of all the scientists with no relation to him. Acc's defeat didn't stop, it paused, the whole Amai Aoi business finished it.
Scientists are not important, project backers in administration are. And those should know.

Old 2009-10-08, 22:55   Link #73
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
He was attacked, just not everyday. There ARE fame-seeking idiots after all. And given nature of Academy City they are a good portion of population. It just his attitude + "defeated by lv0" upped they number to 11.
Apart from the attacks he experienced as a child-it doesn't show in the anime. Not sure about the LN's. Can you elaborate on that last part, I don't quite understand something about 11?

Quote:
You realize that to live in hell you don't necessary need to be damaged?
Like I said, he participates in the fights with such energetic and psychotic enthusiasm, usually sneering and gleefully snickering away as he finds new and creative ways of killing people. He looks like he's having the time of his life when he's fighting, clones, Touma,
Spoiler for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun:
. Besides, if he really didn't like fighting, wouldn't he just leave after his attackers are incapacitated or disabled-like he did with the punks in this arc (not killed b/c not a part of expt? But then again, he tried to kill Touma...)? But instead he decides to mutilate and kill in the most painful way possible, even though they are no longer a threat(not that they were one to begin with) disarmed and usually injured. Would he bother with such brutal acts if he just wanted to be left alone? If he was so disturbed, would he have participated in the experiment, do the deed, and then BEYOND?

Quote:
Name them.
I have already made several posts about this, but I will save you time and come up with a few new ones. Any of these can be used in conjunction, or separately.

-As I proposed earlier, he could just not retaliate. His ability does all the fighting he needs for him. There will be the odd occasion but hardly anything that he can't handle. When the research team figures out that he's not progressing in the experiment anymore, what can they do? The experiment requires him to kill, his survival and well-being do not.

-He could also do what Mikoto did, and target the facilities or the research staff and the administrators.

-Of course there is the old fashion way of opting out of an experiment. Tell them you wish to withdraw. Since he knew where to find Yoshikawa, the lab and HQ for the experiment for that matter, and from the way he confronted her in this arc, we can expect that they were in fairly good terms with each other. Even if he is unable to verbally convey his 'desire' to withdraw, I have great confidence in his ability to persuade people by more physical means.

-Then there's the media method that has found popularity in our times. The experiment requires secrecy, removal of that secrecy would compromise it, and probably certain higher-ups that did not want to be exposed.

Depending on which variation of a solution he chooses, he can virtually end it virtually conflict free with no loss of life. And since because of variations, openess in the world, and an incomplete understanding of how he became part of the experiment in the first place, or how his early childhood 'rampages' were stopped...there can be a seemingly inexhaustible supply of effect alternate routes. As I usually say, the author's decision to change his moral deposition was not very wise given that he was already such a strong villain.

Quote:
Don't think that "robot" imoutos would be any good for experiment.
If you are referring to the telepathy business, it's really quite hard to predict what would happen if they wished to create clones hat weren't connect via the network. Seeing as the story does not specifically explain how it works. We only know it can be used to share memories and as a form of communication, somehow Mikoto or other electrokenetics are not a part of it, and that it is not a really a 'hivemind' since later
Spoiler for Later LN volumes:

So whether or not they can be replaced is really anybodies guess, by those standards anyway. Although, I would bet the Testament machines can solve it.

Quote:
Scientists are not important, project backers in administration are. And those should know.
Again, apart from a few select individuals who have encountered and fought Touma-only a few actually know of his ability. If anyone knew he had an ability they would not label him a Level 0 and would probably further investigate. But this should be discussed in his character thread.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:56   Link #74
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
-As I proposed earlier, he could just not retaliate. His ability does all the fighting he needs for him. There will be the odd occasion but hardly anything that he can't handle. When the research team figures out that he's not progressing in the experiment anymore, what can they do? The experiment requires him to kill, his survival and well-being do not.

-He could also do what Mikoto did, and target the facilities or the research staff and the administrators.

-Of course there is the old fashion way of opting out of an experiment. Tell them you wish to withdraw. Since he knew where to find Yoshikawa, the lab and HQ for the experiment for that matter, and from the way he confronted her in this arc, we can expect that they were in fairly good terms with each other. Even if he is unable to verbally convey his 'desire' to withdraw, I have great confidence in his ability to persuade people by more physical means.

-Then there's the media method that has found popularity in our times. The experiment requires secrecy, removal of that secrecy would compromise it, and probably certain higher-ups that did not want to be exposed.
Either wouldn't work and/or would make his life shit. And given that he is NOT a good guy he is obviously against making his life shit.

Old 2009-10-09, 01:05   Link #75
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Can you elaborate on that last part, I don't quite understand something about 11?
I think he meant ever since everyone heard a Lvl 0 (Toma) defeated Lvl 5 Accelerator, some people (dumb people) thought if a Lvl 0 can beat Accelerator, so can they and thus came more people trying to beat him when it use to be a few.

Oh how stupid they were.
Old 2009-10-09, 01:52   Link #76
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think he meant ever since everyone heard a Lvl 0 (Toma) defeated Lvl 5 Accelerator, some people (dumb people) thought if a Lvl 0 can beat Accelerator, so can they and thus came more people trying to beat him when it use to be a few.

Oh how stupid they were.
Ohh I see, thank you

@al103
But that was after the experiments, I was referring to whether or not he got jumped before the experiment and after the childhood conflict. The anime doesn't mention or show any of it.

Quote:
Either wouldn't work and/or would make his life shit. And given that he is NOT a good guy he is obviously against making his life shit.
Could you perhaps give some reasons for how you've come to those conclusions?

Would his life really be ruined from merely saying "no" to someone?
Old 2009-10-09, 02:52   Link #77
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Would his life really be ruined from merely saying "no" to someone?
If they say "like hell you would" and send sisters attack him - yes. They target is not allied Accelerator, but to prove that lv6 is possible. BTW if he wouldn't use lethal/crippling means of defense they can probably starve him to death just by destroying any food he gets, so again he would need to kill.

Old 2009-10-09, 03:01   Link #78
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ironically, according to Last Order Accelerator realized this. He was trying to terrify the Sisters into saying no, because he himself did not have the power to stop that experiment.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:12   Link #79
Bordix

Quote:
If they say "like hell you would" and send sisters attack him - yes. They target is not allied Accelerator, but to prove that lv6 is possible. BTW if he wouldn't use lethal/crippling means of defense they can probably starve him to death just by destroying any food he gets, so again he would need to kill.
can accelerator even use his powers while he's asleep?

Anyways, Now I'm under the impression accelerator can't simply quit the experiment, and even if he said, "no" from the start, academy city will one way or another, find a way and make him participate. This is academy city were talking about; they'd do anything to get "results". So as stated above this post, accelerator could only think of scaring the sisters away and since he's a sadist, have some fun along the way

but wait there's more! A part of him actually wanted to continue the experiment, since it does give him lots of benefits and he can finally attain that isolation he wanted. This part of him apparently is the dominant one, not until Touma came in and brought him back to his senses.

hmm, this is my take on the "accelerator suddenly turning into a good guy" case for now, until someone will change my mind.
Old 2009-10-09, 04:41   Link #80
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

He is not fully sane btw. With his childhood and then augmentation of this experiment not surprising at all. It surprising that he didn't get full-Gaara-mode really with all that attacks-with-intent-to-kill when he was small. Attack with TANKS! Heh.