AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-07, 02:55   Link #41
ThoHell

LOL, this is a very energetic/high pace/ peppy series... no? Couldn't stop smiling from beginning to end. Definitely got to watch this one! Oh, girls mature faster than boys but then vise verse with increasing age huh? I'm talking about the height thing between Saku and Mi-chan.
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 04:32   Link #42
Bordix

Been following the manga(translated chapters at least). well, its kinda somewhat similar with haruhi but still a refreshing series.

I'm sure gonna keep an eye on this.
Old 2009-07-07, 10:43   Link #43
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Sora no Manimani 01 - Appropriate Studio Names:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 11:51   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Excellent start. Really brought the manga to life. Outstanding work by Itou Kanae in the main role. Energy and emotion. Good work also from the supporting cast of Maeno Tomoaki as her pigeon and Hayami Saori in the first of what I expect will be many ojou-sama roles, as her occasionally successful shepherd.

The direction was terrific, with the rhythm and forward motion you might expect from the director of School Rumble and Gintama (Takamatsu Shinji).

Hayamin is the main reason I was looking forward to this show. Recently, her fans on 2channel have been comparing her with Noto Mamiko. I think her voice is even more beautiful, myself. Although sometimes in this episode, her beautiful flow of words ran together a bit. I found myself so enthralled by the sound that I lost the meaning, lol.
Spoiler for ep1:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 14:12   Link #45
adamatari

Well, I watched the first epidsode:
Spoiler for First episode stuff:
adamatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 14:26   Link #46
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 15:41   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I've made a table showing the characters and their seiyuus, with pics. it includes the seiyuus for a couple of characters who haven't appeared yet.

I think this is an excellent summer season so far. Summer always has fewer shows, but there are some good ones this time around, at least based on first episodes; Aoi Hana, Canaan, Kanamemo, Princess Lover, this show, maybe Bakemonogatari, maybe Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Preferences vary, but my usual first-episode optimism is fully intact, lol.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2009-07-07, 17:32   Link #48
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I can't help but find this anime seem more like a morning anime, the colour pallete and backgrounds is too much like Onegai My Melody/Jewel Pets, since it is by the same company (their equipment in their stuido seems to be slightly out of date). The seiyuu part is done well, all voices suits their characters. I enjoy this, nice relaxing anime. Probally would replace k-on for me, minus the moe.

I like this song much better compared to Sphere's debut song, despite still sounding a little too typical
Old 2009-07-07, 19:55   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
...I like this song much better compared to Sphere's debut song, despite still sounding a little too typical
I'm comparing it to the other group that Tomatsu Haruka is involved with, Eclipse, who do the OP for Basquash (Tomatsu, Hayami Saori, Nakajima Megumi). Sphere is her real group, the one that has been together for a while, from even before they recorded, made up of seiyuu who are all with the same agency, Music Ray'N (Sony): Tomatsu, Takagaki Ayahi, Toyosaki Aki, Kotobuki Minako.

The Sphere sound is so much more blended, sometimes almost like one voice. Whereas Eclipse is definitely three singers, each doing her thing, almost competitive. I like that sound, too, like three dragons each leaping forward to get her turn. But this is more a real group. I find this song okay, nothing special, but I do like the more blended sound. For one thing, it helps disguise the fact that Tomatsu doesn't quite hit some of the notes, lol.
Old 2009-07-08, 11:15   Link #50
Greenish Growth

Episode 1 (although there's not much to spoil about):

Spoiler:
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 17:07   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well it wasn't the best of starts in my opinion but it managed to hold out until the end.

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 07:44   Link #52
Aminado

First subs just came out I think.
Aminado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 09:01   Link #53
Chase

Spoiler for episode 1:

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 10:47   Link #54
FireChick

I saw the first episode and I think I'm gonna put this on my list!...though I still have some anime to finish up. What bugged me was that the sub I watched forgot to put subtitles in various sentences.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 13:56   Link #55
aulzon

Enjoyable enough to keep track of. Geez the summer programs have been pretty surprising. Canaan, Princess Lover, Needless and Sora have all been pretty interesting. Haruhi on the other hand... -_-.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 16:51   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The direction was terrific, with the rhythm and forward motion you might expect from the director of School Rumble and Gintama (Takamatsu Shinji).[/spoiler]
Yeah, Takamatsu Shinji is perfect for this show. As shown in the past, he handles drama and comedy so well.
Old 2009-07-09, 18:49   Link #57
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Mii-chan is made of epic win. That's all there is. *nodnod

Definitely one of my favorites so far ^^ I actually wasn't gonna watch it but I wanted to get 5 new series for a mini review so I just downloaded the subs for this one, too. Yay for blindly downloading series cause I wouldn't have watched this in the end.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:52   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well thought this might be an interesting series and it managed to have a pretty good first episode. I appreciate that Saku got to vent his childhood frustrations a little bit there. Of course not much has changed with Mii-chan still draging the guy around. Since there is a lot of comedy wonder how much will be put towards getting the childhood frinds together.

Anyways should be a fun series to watch. Just something that can let you smile and relax.
Old 2009-07-09, 23:33   Link #59
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I hadn't been expecting much from this, but I was pleasantly surprised by episode 1. It's hard to mix serious moments with comedy, but they did a really good job, and Mihoshi and Saku are a lot of fun to watch. Definitely looks like a good series to relax with at the end of the day and have put a smile on your face, I'm hooked.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 01:36   Link #60
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.

This screamed a definitely awesome thing for me.

Seriously, I did anticipate that Akeno will be a sticky girl and glomp Saku whenever they meet, but Akeno as a senior to Saku? I didn't see that coming! And I loved it!

And Saku becoming the school's hot topic "the junior who was glomped by a senior as soon as he entered school" is a definite thing I loved to see. YAY! I am glad I decided to watch this.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen