AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-19, 22:10   Link #121
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was better than the first ep, though this still seems so light and fluffy that a decent breeze would carry it away. The newcomers Hime and Edogawa seem promising, and there's certainly nothing not to like here - just not much depth. But I swear, all the students look like airline pilots in those uniforms.

"Fujita terris"? I assume Fujita is the tornado intensity scale, but if the subs are correct I don't quite get that reference.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-19, 22:12   Link #122
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, looking at Jwiki, the series is just beginning to warm up. There are tons of new characters waiting to be introduced.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 03:02   Link #123
mpt37

Maybe it's because I'm not watching any other comedy animes this season but I found the first 2 episodes absolutely hilarious. I know there was nothing ground breaking comedy wise, but I just couldn't help laughing out loud at some scenes.

Mishoshi's "energetic character" doesn't really bother me and based on that pause we saw in episode 2 when her parents we're mentioned, I'm sure we'll see a more serious side to her at some point. The rest of the characters are likable as well and everyone's VA is doing a good job.

Also, I haven't a seen re-occurring "throwing up blood" gag in any other anime's except FMA. I still found it funny in ep. 2 (the bike riding scene had me in stitches) but I hope I don't get sick of it by the end of series.
Old 2009-07-21, 10:10   Link #124
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

I'm sold. I love these characters, and I'm a sucker for High School life, expecially when there's romance potential thrown in. I'm sure a lot of fellow geeks can relate to Saku's character, too.

One pet peeve: the Cast and Staff members have their astrological sign after their name in the ending credit sequence. Astrology isn't a science, and astronomy (the nominal subject matter of the show) is. However, it doesn't look like they're going to get beyond pointing out specific stars and constellations in this show, so there won't be much science content anyway.

Did this show air this week?
Old 2009-07-21, 12:59   Link #125
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Did this show air this week?
Why wouldn't it air?
Old 2009-07-21, 13:00   Link #126
Midonin
Last Engage

It did air, but there's no encode in sight. Should be one by tonight, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 15:09   Link #127
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Wow, no RAWs even now...

Spoiler for ep3:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:24   Link #128
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Wow, no RAWs even now...

Spoiler for ep3:
If you know where to look.... Anyway, I basically agree.
Spoiler for ep3:
And Chiang Li-mei is a half-Taiwanese stage and film actress, 27 years old. She's going by her Chinese name now, rather than her Japanese name (Toyohara Satomi). She was in 15 stage plays between 2003 and 2007. Her voice sounded pretty amateurish here, but I judge from the fact she is in the cast list on the official site that we will be hearing more of her. I didn't see her previous seiyuu roles, as I-pin in Katekyo Hitman Reborn and as Carly Nagisa in Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. There are links to her official site and blog on her ANN page. There are pics of her (worth seeing) there and on my characters and seiyuus page for this show.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:33   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well the entertainment level from this series has been bouncing up and down quite a lot so it isn't surprising (or anything new) to see this episode being boring (I've already had parts felt like that in the previous 2 episodes anyway). Still I gotta see for myself...and maybe Hime will make more funny moments again

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 18:49   Link #130
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And Chiang Li-mei is a half-Taiwanese stage and film actress, 27 years old. She's going by her Chinese name now, rather than her Japanese name (Toyohara Satomi). She was in 15 stage plays between 2003 and 2007. Her voice sounded pretty amateurish here, but I judge from the fact she is in the cast list on the official site that we will be hearing more of her. I didn't see her previous seiyuu roles, as I-pin in Katekyo Hitman Reborn and as Carly Nagisa in Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. There are links to her official site and blog on her ANN page. There are pics of her (worth seeing) there and on my characters and seiyuus page for this show.
Thanks for the info.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-07-21, 22:45   Link #131
adamatari

Spoiler for 3rd ep comments:

This is a very light series, and it's already falling into some predictable patterns, but for me it's enjoyable enough to be worth watching.
adamatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 10:22   Link #132
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 3
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Her voice sounded pretty amateurish here...
She wasn't that bad

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2009-07-22, 11:46   Link #133
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 3...She [the planetarium attendant, played by Chiang Limei] wasn't that bad
I watched the ep again and I think I agree with you. It was an unusual voice -- not cookie-cutter professionalism -- but did convey some personality. Often, actors' voices seem bad because they are not the pro seiyuu norm, but do convey something about the character.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 13:08   Link #134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

She definitely gave across more personality in her voice than others that I've heard (remembers back to Shikabane Hime...). She may not be pro but she did a good job at giving the character "colour and personality" despite the character herself having a pretty small role.

Old 2009-07-22, 23:08   Link #135
velvet nightmare

anyone else find themselves rooting for hime over mihoshi

somehow i have the gut feeling the childhood friend is going to pull something random and get the affection of saku
Old 2009-07-23, 00:21   Link #136
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
I AM!!!

While I got nothing against Mii-chan and do like her, I much prefer Hime, she's just much more lovable
Old 2009-07-23, 03:35   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

somehow i have the gut feeling the childhood friend is going to pull something random and get the affection of saku
& i get the feeling it'll end with no pairings at all.
Old 2009-07-23, 07:26   Link #138
passin'gass
Cropduster

In terms of compatibility, its SakuxFuumin. Though in retrospect
Spoiler:

Soooo by default, SakuxSayo...with a Mii-chan on the side, middle, above or below...you never know with that girl
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 07:35   Link #139
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, looking at the cast list, they are getting the character count going. More, please.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 11:50   Link #140
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
I am.
I also have something against Mishoshi.

Though the chances of Mihoshi ending up with the guy is far higher... and since the manga hasn't ended yet, I doubt we will see a conclusion in the anime...

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen