AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-01, 15:08   Link #2521
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Is nice to see a guy trying to settle a fight quickly. Of course with his past and his father as a hindrance it's understandable. Still fun to see.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:49   Link #2522
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
^Krillin showed compassion.
If by compassion, you mean proved once again to be a 30~ year old virgin utterly desperate to finally get some, then you're right.

I lol'd at his line "The fate of the Earth rests with you, No. 18!"

Actually, it rested with YOU, dude. But you crapped on it for one little pecker on your cheek, you pathetic midget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Whether Trunks likes it or not, he IS still a Saiyajin warrior. Both he AND his "brother"/teacher Son Gohan took immense pleasure in taunting, frightening and killing Freeza/Cell as Super Saiyajin. Its in their nature, much as they deny it.
WHOA IMMENSE!? Lol, srsly? I don't really care about Gohan, but don't lump Trunks in with him. Sure he taunted Freeza once or twice before making his move, but once he actually started fighting back, he killed him in a matter of seconds. Gohan slowly pounded away at Cell with relatively long intervals between his attacks to bask in his cockiness, giving him time to get desperate and resort to drastic measures such as the one he ended up using that was so costly to the good guys. Trunks never gave Freeza that chance, and saying he took IMMENSE pleasure just because he smirked and teased Freeza a bit before swiftly destroying him is pretty silly.

Speaking of Trunks, he was definitely the star of this episode for me, which was the one episode even back when watching DBZ as a kid that made me truly love his character. His unstoppable drive through sheer desperation due to the hellish future reflected in his eyes and forever on his mind... he makes me root for him harder than any other fighter in the series.

And his awesomeness is all the more apparent when both Vegeta and Kuririn have two of the most facepalm worthy moments in the series. Well, I don't really care about the latter either way, but it's disappointing that the former obviously didn't learn anything from getting his ass kicked by a girl like... the previous day. Though at least it made Trunks finally standing up to him all the more satisfying, and it was certainly about time after all the punches in the gut he received in return for his concern and sensible advice.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:39   Link #2523
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
If by compassion, you mean proved once again to be a 30~ year old virgin utterly desperate to finally get some, then you're right.

Actually, it rested with YOU, dude. But you crapped on it for one little pecker on your cheek, you pathetic midget.
I'm in full agreement with you here. He's such a hypocrite...he doesn't want Cell to destroy the world, so he lets No. 18 go, who oh by the way was (1) just out destroying cities left and right herself not too long ago, and (2) is on a journey to kill his best friend and Earth's only hope at saving the day.

So he's showing compassion? Like the compassion he was gonna show Vegeta back on Earth when he was climbing back to his space pod? If Goku hadn't stopped Krillin, he would've shish-kabob'd the guy right there, so I don't buy one second he's doing it out of the kindness of his heart. He's clearly thinking from some other organ.

So yeah, I actually consider Krillin more detestable in this episode. I liked Vegeta better pre-SSJ, when he actually used to be smart about things, but he's at least somewhat tolerable still.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 17:02   Link #2524
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:

Blunt, but accurate . Krillin had a great chance to end things and just dropped the ball because the girl was cute. Sad that if it was 17 the Earth would be saved by now.

Quote:
WHOA IMMENSE!? Lol, srsly? I don't really care about Gohan, but don't lump Trunks in with him. Sure he taunted Freeza once or twice before making his move, but once he actually started fighting back, he killed him in a matter of seconds. Gohan slowly pounded away at Cell with relatively long intervals between his attacks to bask in his cockiness, giving him time to get desperate and resort to drastic measures such as the one he ended up using that was so costly to the good guys. Trunks never gave Freeza that chance, and saying he took IMMENSE pleasure just because he smirked and teased Freeza a bit before swiftly destroying him is pretty silly.

Speaking of Trunks, he was definitely the star of this episode for me, which was the one episode even back when watching DBZ as a kid that made me truly love his character. His unstoppable drive through sheer desperation due to the hellish future reflected in his eyes and forever on his mind... he makes me root for him harder than any other fighter in the series.

And his awesomeness is all the more apparent when both Vegeta and Kuririn have two of the most facepalm worthy moments in the series. Well, I don't really care about the latter either way, but it's disappointing that the former obviously didn't learn anything from getting his ass kicked by a girl like... the previous day. Though at least it made Trunks finally standing up to him all the more satisfying, and it was certainly about time after all the punches in the gut he received in return for his concern and sensible advice.
This episode really did remind me why I like Trunk's character so much. His past and experiences have shaped him into an interesting character who you can understand. You can say for Gohan that things always worked out alright even if there were traumatic events along the way. Thanks to the dragonballs they always manage to make it fine in the end. Trunks never had everything just fixed instantly. Have to appreciate how he throws himself into these situations hitting his enemies hard in order to stop a repetition of his past.

Too bad for him other characters just aren't thinking. Vegeta is always looking for a challenge and then gets upset when his powered up opponent starts beating him badly. Krillin was just an idiot. Even when moving 16 he was freaking trying to get brownie points.
Old 2010-11-01, 17:06   Link #2525
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Blunt, but accurate . Krillin had a great chance to end things and just dropped the ball because the girl was cute. Sad that if it was 17 the Earth would be saved by now.
Yes, but that would've made for incredibly boring TV.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 17:25   Link #2526
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
I'm in full agreement with you here. He's such a hypocrite...he doesn't want Cell to destroy the world, so he lets No. 18 go, who oh by the way was (1) just out destroying cities left and right herself not too long ago, and (2) is on a journey to kill his best friend and Earth's only hope at saving the day.
(1)I'm sorry what cities? All cities destroyed by androids were done by #20 and Cell. I think you're confusing this #18 with the one from Future Trunks timeline, who was an evil <female dog>
(2) By this point this is an non issue she can be talked out considering you know she's pretty much third rated after the saiyajins and Piccolo.
Quote:
So he's showing compassion? Like the compassion he was gonna show Vegeta back on Earth when he was climbing back to his space pod? If Goku hadn't stopped Krillin, he would've shish-kabob'd the guy right there, so I don't buy one second he's doing it out of the kindness of his heart. He's clearly thinking from some other organ.
Unlike 18, Vegeta was responsible for the death of his friends, nearly destroyed the planet and his behaviour didn't show that he's not evil.

Remind me again, what has #18 done that deserves her dead?
Quote:
So yeah, I actually consider Krillin more detestable in this episode. I liked Vegeta better pre-SSJ, when he actually used to be smart about things, but he's at least somewhat tolerable still.
Tolerable? Vegeta is letting the bad guy go to power up so that he can fight a better opponent? I think your priorities are screwed up.
Old 2010-11-01, 22:10   Link #2527
Vicious108

Quote:
Indeed. Cell doesn't know how lucky he was that he absorbed 17 first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Tolerable? Vegeta is letting the bad guy go to power up so that he can fight a better opponent? I think your priorities are screwed up.
Well, kinda, because in the end their actions were both out of selfish pursue of pleasure. Vegeta through fighting a worthy opponent and Kuririn through scoring with a hot chick.

Vegeta's easily more tolerable, however, because unlike Kuririn he wasn't a hypocrite about it and never claimed to care about protecting the Earth anyways. His actions are selfish but that's part of his character, he's always fought only for himself and only in the Buu arc will that change. Plus, Saiyans have always been stated to be a fighting race, so in that regard his action do make sense. It still annoys me though, but that's because of how stupidly cocky and overconfident he is about it despite having been shown just the day before that despite all the hype Super Saiyans weren't invincible after all.

Whereas Kuririn, despite claiming to be Goku's best friend and wanting to protect and save the world, when he's given the option to do so by simply pressing a button he decides not to because the cyborg (whose goal was to murder his best friend) he had to shutdown happened to be attractive and have given him a pecker on the cheek (clearly out of mockery, I might add). And then he still has the nerve to go "Damn you, Vegeta!" I mean, seriously? Damn YOU, you hypocrite.
Old 2010-11-02, 00:26   Link #2528
xellos2099

To be fair, even Trunk tell 18 to get the fuck out instead of destorying her.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 00:59   Link #2529
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Haha, that would have been so hilarious.

"Quick, you got to get out of here, NOW!" Trunks then reaches back and smashes her android head in one huge punch.

Eh, I think everyone got the idiot ball during that fight for the sake of Cell achieving his perfect form. Krillin got the penis ball.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 04:47   Link #2530
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Sad that if it was 17 the Earth would be saved by now.
Impossible to say really. Even if 18 was absorbed first, 17 still wouldn't have ran away from battle, even if he was up against second form Cell. We'd have just seen perfect Cell much earlier.
Old 2010-11-02, 06:18   Link #2531
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Fembots VS Krillin: 2-0
Old 2010-11-02, 11:59   Link #2532
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Speaking of which, I was wondering why Trunks didn't just vaporize her at that part. Probably would only take a few attacks, and as far as he knows she's just as much a planet destroying monster as Cell.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 12:13   Link #2533
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Speaking of which, I was wondering why Trunks didn't just vaporize her at that part. Probably would only take a few attacks, and as far as he knows she's just as much a planet destroying monster as Cell.
Not sure maybe Trunks was just focused on Cell. He'd decided to stop Cell by killing him and didn't have time to think about the other option in just killing 18 himself. Besides he was under pressure with his father likely to get in his way at any moment and making sure Cell didn't escape. Since if Cell got away he could go around killing innocents again. In his head might have put Cell down as the greater evil and wanted to deal with that and then deal with the android.

Still did think similarly. He had a great opening if he wanted to and it would have been hilarious.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:43   Link #2534
Vicious108

Quote:
Not sure maybe Trunks was just focused on Cell. He'd decided to stop Cell by killing him and didn't have time to think about the other option in just killing 18 himself. Besides he was under pressure with his father likely to get in his way at any moment and making sure Cell didn't escape. Since if Cell got away he could go around killing innocents again. In his head might have put Cell down as the greater evil and wanted to deal with that and then deal with the android.

Still did think similarly. He had a great opening if he wanted to and it would have been hilarious.
Seriously. I never even considered that possibility but it would've been great.

Trunks: "Quick, get out of here now!"
No. 18: Okay!
Trunks: *begins to go after Cell, but immediately stops in his tracks and looks back at 18 as if he'd just realized something* ...Wait a minute.
No. 18: ...What? What is it? Why are you looking at me like that...?
Trunks: Oh to hell with it. *goes super buff SSJ*
No. 18: Wait, stop! What are you doing!? No!
Trunks: UAAAAAHHHH!!! *crushes her head in*
Cell: ...Oh shit.
Trunks: I did it. I've saved this future!
Kuririn: Great, there goes my only chance to get laid.

Woulda been badass indeed.

Then again, it wasn't only Trunks. Piccolo too could've aimed his super special awesome attack at 17 instead of Cell and probably would've done him in with it.
Old 2010-11-02, 13:04   Link #2535
Ahiru77
あひる

^Considering I NEVER thought of that option after all this time....I don't blame Trunks at all. Plus I think he's like Goku in he sense that he rather take the more pacifistic side when possible. It's in there I believe...don't quite know how to say it. xP

But I don't think the plot would have allowed him smashing this helpless face in.

xD

Then again every character in the show can be caught with this flaw. Yet Krillin & Vegeta just failed incredibly ON PURPOSE.

Last edited by Ahiru77; 2010-11-02 at 13:31.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 14:45   Link #2536
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Seriously. I never even considered that possibility but it would've been great.

Trunks: "Quick, get out of here now!"
No. 18: Okay!
Trunks: *begins to go after Cell, but immediately stops in his tracks and looks back at 18 as if he'd just realized something* ...Wait a minute.
No. 18: ...What? What is it? Why are you looking at me like that...?
Trunks: Oh to hell with it. *goes super buff SSJ*
No. 18: Wait, stop! What are you doing!? No!
Trunks: UAAAAAHHHH!!! *crushes her head in*
Cell: ...Oh shit.
Trunks: I did it. I've saved this future!
Kuririn: Great, there goes my only chance to get laid.

Woulda been badass indeed.

Then again, it wasn't only Trunks. Piccolo too could've aimed his super special awesome attack at 17 instead of Cell and probably would've done him in with it.
Too bad they never will but I'd pay to see them animate that scene . Trunks destroying the androids and saving the future just as planned.

I'll give Piccolo a break on that. I mean he only had enough in him to take one shot. Even if he managed to take out 17 it left 18 still available to be absorbed and while not his perfect form he knew that Cell would be incredibly powerful. His only hope was to damage Cell enough for them to escape.
Old 2010-11-02, 21:04   Link #2537
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this is why Vegeta isn't allowed to be the leader >_>
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 06:47   Link #2538
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
And this is why many of the DBZ characters are surprisingly stupid sometimes. XD I mean...even 17 had a long long long chance to escape...you know?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 08:09   Link #2539
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
And this is why many of the DBZ characters are surprisingly stupid sometimes. XD I mean...even 17 had a long long long chance to escape...you know?
Try to understand 17's character. He believes he is the strongest warrior of the planet, so when someone appears who is strong then him, he isn't just going to escape when he's told to do so.

It's called pride. A lot of the characters in this series have it.
Old 2010-11-03, 10:16   Link #2540
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Vegeta tops them all though, prince of saiyans till Brolly makes him wet his pants, gotta hand it to him...