AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-26, 11:09   Link #2901
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
He's a scholar. He read about it from a book.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 12:03   Link #2902
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Plus, there's always the Ox King. Not sure what type of pronoun he uses.
Lord Gyumaou keeps on using "Ora" right into his ripe old age.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 00:22   Link #2903
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
Also where did Gohan and Goten learn/inherit their timid/polite personalities from... They seem to have no genetic or learned models to turn out like that. Goku and Chi-Chi are both pretty crude in-your-face type people, and Gohan was even raised for a time by Piccolo, when he was still somewhat a bad guy no less. Really makes no sense, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 04:39   Link #2904
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Also where did Gohan and Goten learn/inherit their timid/polite personalities from... They seem to have no genetic or learned models to turn out like that. Goku and Chi-Chi are both pretty crude in-your-face type people, and Gohan was even raised for a time by Piccolo, when he was still somewhat a bad guy no less. Really makes no sense, lol.
Even though Chi-Chi might have a bit of a temper, she still brings up her children to act polite and so on. You can see that in the early stages of the series.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 19:33   Link #2905
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Even though Chi-Chi might have a bit of a temper, she still brings up her children to act polite and so on. You can see that in the early stages of the series.
She even gave him a bowl cut and made him wear a bow tie on his trip to Namek.
__________________


MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 06:02   Link #2906
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
She even gave him a bowl cut and made him wear a bow tie on his trip to Namek.
Exactly my point . Some people just seem to forget such scenes.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 12:57   Link #2907
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Exactly my point . Some people just seem to forget such scenes.
More like "block them from memory for being so ridiculous."
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 13:02   Link #2908
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
More like "block them from memory for being so ridiculous."
I really don't see what's ridiculous about a Mother wanting to dress up her own son.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 13:12   Link #2909
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I really don't see what's ridiculous about a Mother wanting to dress up her own son.
Ridiculous haircut, check.
Outfit that in no way matches what he's doing, check.

He's going to an alien planet to revive their friends who died saving him, not a talent show.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 13:15   Link #2910
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
She's a caring Mother who wants her son to look best. Sure he looks pretty silly and it's not the perfect attire for where he's about to go, though it's the Motherly thought that counts, and i truly don't see how that's ridiculous.

& this is a dumb discussion.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 13:41   Link #2911
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Age: 28
You guys are also overlooking a simple fact. Asian parents are weird. I can attest to this. :\
__________________


MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 19:29   Link #2912
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Episode 91: I have to admit this was one of my favorite moments from Z, because it was such a unique moment in the series, and Kai did a really great job pacing/music wise:

Spoiler for 91 content and BIG 92 spoiler:


I also have to point out how funny it is that while Goku is playing the stern father in this scene with Gohan, Piccolo is basically mothering him.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 03:56   Link #2913
ChainLegacy
廉頗
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
She's a caring Mother who wants her son to look best. Sure he looks pretty silly and it's not the perfect attire for where he's about to go, though it's the Motherly thought that counts, and i truly don't see how that's ridiculous.

& this is a dumb discussion.
To be honest I think she's pretty much an idiot, albeit a loving one
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 06:08   Link #2914
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
I also have to point out how funny it is that while Goku is playing the stern father in this scene with Gohan, Piccolo is basically mothering him.
Piccolo was always more of a Father then Goku.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 12:11   Link #2915
stonedzombie
またね
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
I pray....literally PRAY they don't take out Unmei no Hi during "the big scene". I just can't imagine that scene without it......
__________________
MYSPACE
Currently Watching: Bleach, Clannad
stonedzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 13:12   Link #2916
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
There hasn't been a single track from Kikuchi's score re-utilized in Kai, why would that one be any different? Don't get your hopes up.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 13:24   Link #2917
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Daly City, CA
Was it me or did Gohan's voice during his speech to Cell sound different? To me it sounded like Goku's voice.
__________________
Cyclone Magnum
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:06   Link #2918
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
That's because that's pretty much the first time we hear teenage Gohan speak seriously and clearly.

Anyways, pretty decent episode, but the next one should be much more entertaining. I love the Cell Jrs. episode, mostly because of the quality animation and the fact that we see a group battle with everyone involved. Even if most of them are just getting their asses kicked.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 18:29   Link #2919
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Easily the best part about this weeks episode was Furukawa Toshio's performance. He certainly put his all into the second half of this episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 18:56   Link #2920
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Best part was when Piccolo made Goku realized that he miscalculated

nice place to stop, next week is going to be good.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.