AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-29, 09:10   Link #441
justavisitor

@Endless Twilight and Alchemist007

Those movies and filler adds a lot of weird "rules" for character in DBZ..like
Spoiler for I better put it in spoilers:

@Waking_Dreamer
That gohan when he grows up is soooo weak, in fact, i think just a complete cell (before his second appearance) is already stronger than Brolly

and reply to your spoiler
Spoiler for yes, spoiler again for cell and buu XD:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 18:15   Link #442
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So I've been scanning through the manga, and by the current pace of DB Kai, Goku should be arriving on King Kai's planet in Episode 6. In the original series, Goku arrived on said location in Episode 18! What a difference, for it just goes to show how much filler the saiyan arc had. In total, I anticipate that the saiyan arc will be 20 episodes at most.
Old 2009-04-29, 21:33   Link #443
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Waking_Dreamer
That gohan when he grows up is soooo weak, in fact, i think just a complete cell (before his second appearance) is already stronger than Brolly
Nah, Cell is never stronger than Broly. Cell would've been killed by Vegeta and Goku if he didn't have his regeneration. This means Gohan and Trunks also had the power to do it, they just never displayed it. Cell only posed a problem because of his regeneration.

Broly, however, pimp slapped everyone. He only lost because Goku somehow deus ex machina'd him in the stomach.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 21:59   Link #444
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Nah, Cell is never stronger than Broly. Cell would've been killed by Vegeta and Goku if he didn't have his regeneration. This means Gohan and Trunks also had the power to do it, they just never displayed it. Cell only posed a problem because of his regeneration.

Broly, however, pimp slapped everyone. He only lost because Goku somehow deus ex machina'd him in the stomach.
Let's not forget that this dude took a Kamehameha wave to the face without so much as a flinch (From Goku in Super Saiyan form mind you)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 22:28   Link #445
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

^ Thats what confuses me, Brolly seems to have a brick status that prevents anything below SSJ2 to even make him blink or at least significantly damage him.

The Goku that kamehameha's Brolly point blank - is he as powerful as the Goku that vs Cell?

Also the older Gohan who vs Brolly again...does he actually go SSJ2? Because he either does or doesnt. I dont think he can transform into a SSJ2 but then be significantly weaker to the SSJ2 that versed Cell.

Spoiler for Brolly vs Gohan/Goku:

So yea...im never sure where Brolly stands in relation to SSJ2 - I mean they always make Brolly top tier in games too.

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2009-04-29 at 22:42.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 23:14   Link #446
GDB

He has to be as powerful as he was against Cell. The only timeframe the movie could fit in was during the 9 days between when Goku and Gohan left the Room of Space and Time, and the beginning of the Cell Games. Goku didn't train during that time, so his power would be the same.

I don't think Gohan goes SSJ2 against Broly the second time. In fact, I don't think Gohan ever really goes SSJ2 again after fighting Cell (unless you count Bojack). He never seems to get the lightning again that SSJ2 has.
Old 2009-04-30, 00:01   Link #447
justavisitor

The following scan means nothing lol..I just happen to get one...I don't know one word about Japanese, and I don't know if that scan is official, but it seems like the scan describes each saiyan form and their respective power level:

Spoiler for scan:

Of course, as I always have said in macross forum, audiences don't need other material to understand the story...I just think the scan is interesting, that's all, tho it's very tempting for me to believe in this scan because in this scan it should mean that goku is stronger than mystic gohan (if the length of each arrow gives us any indication)

Enjoy!! (probably you guys have seen this scan somewhere already..anyway)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-04-30, 00:49   Link #448
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Thats an interesting scan...wish it was translated...

Though its weird that it seems to be saying that...Brolly isnt stronger than Sayain Armour Goku/Trunks/Gohan/Vegeta.

Unless its maybe a time line but then it would still be inconsistent.

Old 2009-04-30, 05:27   Link #449
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Thats an interesting scan...wish it was translated...

Though its weird that it seems to be saying that...Brolly isnt stronger than Sayain Armour Goku/Trunks/Gohan/Vegeta.

Unless its maybe a time line but then it would still be inconsistent.
I personally don't care for Brolly's power level status, since he is just a filler character whose movies are impossible to have happened in anything but an alternate time line, but it is said that he possesses his own SS transformation, called the Legendary Super Saiyan, which is supposedely stronger than Ultra Super Saiyan (Vegeta and Trunks against Cell) but obviously weaker than SSJ2.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 08:51   Link #450
justavisitor

@Waking_Dreamer

well, it's power level, so it's just raw power...in the movie, vegeta and trunk didn't get those muscle form to fight Brolly, right? Maybe according the scan, the muscle form has more raw power, but the speed would be too slow...

Again, even if the scan is official, don't believe it too much lol...the animation company can never know the thought of the creator anyway XD
Old 2009-04-30, 12:19   Link #451
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I personally don't care for Brolly's power level status, since he is just a filler character whose movies are impossible to have happened in anything but an alternate time line, but it is said that he possesses his own SS transformation, called the Legendary Super Saiyan, which is supposedely stronger than Ultra Super Saiyan (Vegeta and Trunks against Cell) but obviously weaker than SSJ2.
What I find really intriguing is the fact that I remember Vegeta commenting before going "Ultra Super Saiyan" to Cell 2nd form. I believe Vegeta said something like "now witness a power that hasn't been seen for thousands of years," which I always thought could possibly be referring to the myth of the "Legendary Super Saiyan" and he figured that's what he was becoming. Of course this is just a theory of mine and I hope someone can help clear this up for me.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 16:38   Link #452
GDB

Vegeta also thought he had turned into a Super Saiyan about 3 times before Frieza killed him, and then thought Goku turned into one once or twice before he actually did too.

In other words, Vegeta doesn't know wtf he's talking about.
Old 2009-04-30, 16:48   Link #453
Vicious108

Quote:
Vegeta also thought he had turned into a Super Saiyan about 3 times before Frieza killed him, and then thought Goku turned into one once or twice before he actually did too.

In other words, Vegeta doesn't know wtf he's talking about.
Haha, sad but true.

And yeah, Vegeta thought Goku had already become a Super Saiyan when he was still only fighting the Ginyu Force. That says a lot.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 16:59   Link #454
justavisitor

To Vegeta's defence...(let me see if I can find one..oh got it XD) he has to bluff to his opponent in order to get the advantage...he teaches that theory to his son while fighting Andorid 18!!! so no wonder when gohan changes...Trunk keeps commenting how great gohan is in order to scare Cell away...Vegeta should be so proud of his son
Old 2009-04-30, 17:02   Link #455
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Since Broly isn't Canon we can't exactly know what his true potential power could be. All we know is that he is a legend in his own right.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 17:27   Link #456
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Brolly as best as can be deducted by the opponents/attacks hes versed could be around Perfect Cell or Super Perfect Cell level.

Come to think of it Perfect Cell 3-hit KO Ultra Super Sayain Vegeta and he was just warming up.

While Super Perfect Cell took all those rapid fire beams by angered Vegeta without a scratch, only to come up to him and 1hit KO Vegeta again. Also Final Flash while flinches him doesnt really damage him either.

Old 2009-04-30, 17:36   Link #457
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Reminds me of Elder Kai in Buu Saga.

*Paraphrasing*
Elder Kai collapses, Goku's halo disappears.
Goku - "Thank you, Elder Kai. Your sacrifice will not be in vain."
Elder Kai stands back up with a halo over his head
Elder Kai - "JUST GET GOING, YOU IDIOT!"
LOL, I laughed so much to that, it's like a life line on "who wants to be a millionaire?"
Old 2009-05-03, 04:30   Link #458
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Piccolo has always been, and will always will be, my favorite Z warrior.
He's like the ideal tsundere master/father of all time.

Watching these episodes again after decades reminded me of this.
Old 2009-05-03, 04:40   Link #459
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Might as well say it and get it over and done with..

The amount of jokes from other the years that i've heard regarding Piccolo being a shotacon. D:
Old 2009-05-03, 05:11   Link #460
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, you know, when he was staring reeeaaaally hard at butt naked Gohan's tail and butt, you almost get this feeling of.......

But it's all ok, since I myself am a closet shotakon. Problem solved!