AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 05:43   Link #861
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

(you're talking as if they're not copy/pasting anyway; oh the poor budget)
Old 2009-07-29, 07:07   Link #862
Rurouni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I doubt it is Akira Toriyama who gets to choose what is kept in Kai and what is not... there has already been filler kept in Kai after all.

And the driving episode is a classic yes, but I doubt we'll be seeing it again. I don't mind too much, since, being entirely filler, it was done perfectly in Z.
not having seen anything of DBZ / DB Kai yet, I was hoping that they completely filtered out the filler parts in Kai, but that's not the case? Has there been a lot of filler material left in there? to bad though.

"offtopic": What about Dragon Ball? Are there a lot of fillers in there? I'm asking this as I'm currently watching DB and have seen around 30 eps up untill now.
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 09:08   Link #863
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni View Post
not having seen anything of DBZ / DB Kai yet, I was hoping that they completely filtered out the filler parts in Kai, but that's not the case? Has there been a lot of filler material left in there? to bad though.
There has been filler material left in but it's not a lot, to give you an idea Kai is currently at episode 16, the content of episode 16 coincide with the content seen in episode 34 and 35 of Dragonball Z so basically nearly 20 episodes worth of filler material has been cut out so far

And yes Dragon ball had fillers there are usually a small bunch of episodic fillers between every major arc for example.
Old 2009-07-29, 12:41   Link #864
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

I'm not exactly sure what's filler or not but, I'm guessing the filler that remained from DBZ to Kai was the Gregory training and Nappa chasing the car? But it's pretty negligible, and I'm really looking forward to how fast the Namek saga is going to go (but no ep this week ), so much filler to be cut out , though once again I'm not sure which is filler or not
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 13:45   Link #865
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

mmm sorry if this questions has been asked but is 17 out yet?
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 13:48   Link #866
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
mmm sorry if this questions has been asked but is 17 out yet?
See for yourself, http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/?o=ET
Old 2009-07-29, 14:08   Link #867
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

^ Could be just me, but that doesn't tell you anything about current episode release, at least for Dragon Ball Kai.

But like I said in my previous post, there was no episode (17) this week.
Old 2009-07-29, 15:25   Link #868
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
^ Could be just me, but that doesn't tell you anything about current episode release, at least for Dragon Ball Kai.

But like I said in my previous post, there was no episode (17) this week.
Ohh there u go.. thanks u saved me 30 mins searching for that ep ..... also .. I guess that the site posted above has a link to anidb which says that ep 17 will be aired on 02.08.2009
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 06:49   Link #869
Vicious108

This break sucks. Was looking forward to wrapping up the Saiyan saga. Oh well, just three more days now.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 18:21   Link #870
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Ah, another good episode, very fast paced compared to the original. Nice choice of music for the sad scenes.

They're already leaving Earth by next episode. I was a little concerned they might stick too long. Can't wait to see some hot stuff!
Old 2009-08-02, 19:42   Link #871
RDF2050
Gundam Meister

Still waiting for the HD release i really don't watch any below 720p xD

I really hate when they decide no episode last week Do any one know why?
Old 2009-08-03, 02:01   Link #872
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Woah plenty of new tracks (and an insert song) in this episode, and Shiroth is right they'll be landing on Namek in episode 19.
Old 2009-08-03, 02:06   Link #873
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep17:
Old 2009-08-03, 03:42   Link #874
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Woah plenty of new tracks (and an insert song) in this episode, and Shiroth is right they'll be landing on Namek in episode 19.
As i thought. That's one quick journey.
Old 2009-08-05, 15:12   Link #875
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As i thought. That's one quick journey.
Tell me about it. I just watched episode 17 and even now the pacing is quite surprising for me. I still remember how long it took for them to take off 0_0

Well I can't wait for the fights on Namek to begin because those were some of the most exciting fights I can remember at that time. I remember enjoying how much Goku just completely overpowered all of the Ginyu Force

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-08-05 at 16:31.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:02   Link #876
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Well I can't wait for the fights on Namek begin because those were some of the most exciting fights I can remember at that time. I remember enjoying how much Goku just completely overpowered all of the Ginyu Force
Indeed. Apart from the big Frieza fight, i can't wait to see Goku vs Ginyu, one of my favorite fights from the series. Goku's powering up scene is just to epic for words.
Old 2009-08-05, 16:11   Link #877
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

I suppose this isn't a good time to tell you I'm not really a fan of the Ginyu fight, it always felt like stalling for the really big fight that's about to come.
Old 2009-08-05, 16:26   Link #878
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I suppose this isn't a good time to tell you I'm not really a fan of the Ginyu fight, it always felt like stalling for the really big fight that's about to come.
It was a good fight that shown us how much Goku has increased in power since his fight with Vegeta, especially compared to Vegeta's level at that time. Seeing how much trouble he had with the Ginyu force, compared to Goku.
Old 2009-08-05, 16:36   Link #879
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Well you're just expressing your opinion Nothing wrong with that, I'm sure that not everyone liked the Ginyu fights but I like to see it in a different light. For example, we see how much Krillin, Gohan and Vegeta are struggling to defeat just 1 of the Ginyu force members and how grim things looked at the moment. Then the arrival of Goku just completely overturns the tide. It's something to give us a break and set things up for the big fight.

At that moment I thought to myself, "I can't believe Goku got this strong, I'm sure he'll be able to take even Freiza" but then we learn about his transformations It's just stuff like this that really pulled me into this series.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-08-05 at 19:13.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 17:20   Link #880
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
At that moment I thought to myself, "I can't believe Goku got this strong, I'm sure he'll be able to take even Freiza" but then we learn about his transformations It's just stuff like this that really pulled me into this series.
Even without transformations, without the Zenkai he got after the Ginyu battle Frieza would've ripped him apart. Ah, Zenkais... the deus ex machina for Namek.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote