AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 23:20   Link #1161
rpgman1

The Ginyu Force is really frightening. Vegeta was absolutely no match for Rikoom. The same goes for Gohan and Kuririn. Talk about a whole other league. At least it ended with Goku landing on Planet Namek. Time to see what 100x gravity training has turned out for Goku.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:29   Link #1162
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Boy, what a treat it has been to be able to watch DBZ without fillers. I must say that Vegeta beating Rikoom up for a little while was actually pretty exciting Finally Goku arrives and I never expected him to get there so quick, just goes to show you how much filler there actually was.

The new animation in the OP looks amazing, it makes me kind of wish that the actual series was drawn in that way but I still enjoy the classic style. Makes me feel nostalgic.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 06:12   Link #1163
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I'm SOOO glad to see Vegeta beaten up. This is basically the start of the long futility of Vegeta really.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 11:25   Link #1164
Steel Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
The new animation in the OP looks amazing, it makes me kind of wish that the actual series was drawn in that way but I still enjoy the classic style. Makes me feel nostalgic.
Ditto. I'm sort of hoping that they have an entire episode in that style one day, but it's a pipe dream. Not that I'm complaining about them keeping things old school.
Steel Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:34   Link #1165
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Funniest thing in the episode was Krillin saying that if Vegeta loses they are going to die so they might as well help him yet this was only said after Vegeta had been beaten to a pulp and most of his energy was gone. If they were smart it should of been all of them vs Rikoom whilst Vegeta still had his energy.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 14:55   Link #1166
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Funniest thing in the episode was Krillin saying that if Vegeta loses they are going to die so they might as well help him yet this was only said after Vegeta had been beaten to a pulp and most of his energy was gone. If they were smart it should of been all of them vs Rikoom whilst Vegeta still had his energy.
I believe that both Gohan and Krillin would have only been in Vegeta's way had they interfered while he was fighting with full energy. Gohan and Krillin were shocked with how much power Vegeta was demonstrating and besides, Vegeta was actually beating him up for a while (or so they thought) so there was no sense in helping him. It was actually pretty clever of Krillin to wait for an opening where Rikoom was vulnerable considering Rikoom would have probably noticed had they moved any earlier.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-03, 19:46   Link #1167
rpgman1

None of them were a match for Rikoom until Goku arrives and pwns the Ginyu Force except Captain Ginyu himself. Still, Goku's problem with facing stronger opponents seem to impair his judgment on what the opponent is capable of (like special abilities).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 21:51   Link #1168
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Liking the new addition to the opening as well. Guess that's all new animation is going to be limiting to.
Old 2009-11-04, 02:43   Link #1169
RDF2050
Gundam Meister

OMG i just keep what will happen in Season 2 of DBZ abridged with krillin xD
Old 2009-11-07, 14:44   Link #1170
Kallen4life

new OP kicks ass

ep was very good, the best part of Namek saga is coming up now

I soo hope Kai goes on to at least Android/Cell saga too
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 15:39   Link #1171
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I soo hope Kai goes on to at least Android/Cell saga too
I can guarantee you that Kai will encompass the whole Z series. It would not be smart from Toei to stop at the end of the Frieza saga since the Dragon Ball franchise is a huge cash cow for them. Even if Kai did stop at Frieza, the fans would urge/demand that Toei complete the entirety of the show. So, no need to worry my friend .
Old 2009-11-07, 15:54   Link #1172
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I can guarantee you that Kai will encompass the whole Z series. It would not be smart from Toei to stop at the end of the Frieza saga since the Dragon Ball franchise is a huge cash cow for them. Even if Kai did stop at Frieza, the fans would urge/demand that Toei complete the entirety of the show. So, no need to worry my friend .
That does make a lot of sense. I don't mind as long as I get to see Gohan go SS2 again. Can't wait to see how it looks in the OP or ED That scene has to be in the OP or ED since it is one of the more intense scenes in the Cell Saga

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-07, 15:57   Link #1173
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
That does make a lot of sense. I don't mind as long as I get to see Gohan go SS2 again. Can't wait to see how it looks in the OP or ED That scene has to be in the OP or ED since it is one of the more intense scenes in the Cell Saga
Yeah, that scene was great. It's going to be very hard for Kai to top the original version of Gohan going SS2, considering that a special and very memorable song with lyrics was used for that particular moment.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:24   Link #1174
gonzo562

i hate how they make vegeta so weak. He get his ass kicked all the time and barely beats anyone.

He is my fav character to
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 16:36   Link #1175
DeX-kun

Quote:
Yeah, that scene was great. It's going to be very hard for Kai to top the original version of Gohan going SS2, considering that a special and very memorable song with lyrics was used for that particular moment.
To be honest, I don't even remember the song that was playing in that scene I just remember the intensity the way Gohan just snapped, but it was a powerful and calm snap, just seeing him in full control of his power for the first time had me enticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
i hate how they make vegeta so weak. He get his ass kicked all the time and barely beats anyone.

Sadly, he does get the short end of the stick. In my opinion, they should have at least made him a second main character of sorts.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-11-07, 16:56   Link #1176
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
To be honest, I don't even remember the song that was playing in that scene I just remember the intensity the way Gohan just snapped, but it was a powerful and calm snap, just seeing him in full control of his power for the first time had me enticed
Here's the song since you forgot what it was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrbl2q1Wm4
Old 2009-11-07, 17:26   Link #1177
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post

Well it's good to balance things out, also the whole 'no one can match the power of the Ginyu Squad' is perfect build up for when Goku appears.

Quote:
Here's the song since you forgot what it was like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrbl2q1Wm4
Good times, good times. It's such a powerful landmark scene, and it needed the right song which could capture that raw emotion, and what they choose was perfect.
Old 2009-11-08, 01:10   Link #1178
Ottocycle

Recoome and Barter down this week. Jeice's going down fast next week. Maybe we'll have the Ginyu fight last two episodes?

I wonder how the switch will be executed...through a change of voice? Or we'll have the voices stay in their respective flesh-and-blood bodies and be different in attitude. Either way it's gonna be awesome.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 04:28   Link #1179
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The original was switch voice wasn't it? (I can't remember at this point because it's been a long while, plus i have the dub stuck in my head). Should just stick with that.
Old 2009-11-08, 11:41   Link #1180
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Recoome and Barter down this week. Jeice's going down fast next week. Maybe we'll have the Ginyu fight last two episodes?
Jeice won't be going down next week.There's quite a bit of material between the end of this episode and when Jeice dies. I would expect the next episode to encompass the whole Ginyu vs. Goku fight, perhaps having it end with the whole body switch.