AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-31, 16:59   Link #1501
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I just wished they would have remastered the original Dragon Ball-series.
I mean I love DBZ for nostalgic reasons, and back then the anime was something important and influential to the "industry"...but from a modern point of view, to be honest, DBZ is just bad, whereas DB is a timeless classic that has more humour and a much greater sense of adventure.
If you think about it though, DBZ is more mainstream and popular out of the two. It was obvious that it would be Z that would get the remastered cut version over the original series.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:12   Link #1502
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I, too, would love to see a remastered cut version of the original Dragon Ball series. Maybe Toei will do one after they see how successful overall their Z cut is.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:26   Link #1503
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I, too, would love to see a remastered cut version of the original Dragon Ball series. Maybe Toei will do one after they see how successful overall their Z cut is.
First of all let's hope it's a full Z cut, and won't end after the Freeza arc.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:43   Link #1504
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Amen to that!

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 23:44   Link #1505
Vicious108

Quote:
They played the usual song for whenever someone dies. However, right after Vegeta dies, a new musical track plays (which was very good, by the way) when King Kai is reflecting on the life Vegeta lived and the kind of person he truly was.

And Ryo Horikawa deserves a round of applause for his performance in this episode. The emotion he put into his voice made Vegeta's last words very sad and powerful. This is a scene that definitely tops the original.
That was the first thing I was gonna say here after watching the episode. Truly an amazing performance. The raw emotion in his voice was just fantastic and it truly made the scene.

As expected, that was my favorite Kai episode so far. Manly tears were shed for Vegeta.

And it just set the stage perfectly for Goku's showdown with Frieza. "Let me borrow some of that saiyan pride of yours, Vegeta" ftw.

My only complaint was that the BGM used for Goku burying Vegeta wasn't very fitting. The new one that was played just before that would've been better.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 01:52   Link #1506
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn definitely an emotional episode. A tragic end for Vegeta. Still some nice music especially when King Kai was reflecting. Really along with the raw emotion you could pick up from Vegeta this was one of the best episodes. Makes you all the more supportive for the fight that is coming and wanting to see Freeza get owned all the faster.

Like last week makes you want to get right to the next episode. The fight's been set up and now it's just time to watch and see it unfold.
Old 2010-02-01, 03:39   Link #1507
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The Freeza arc is actually the best imo. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just ignore the truth and pretend the anime's over, after that.
Old 2010-02-01, 05:27   Link #1508
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The Freeza arc is actually the best imo. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just ignore the truth and pretend the anime's over, after that.
Spoiler for Power Ups:

Old 2010-02-01, 13:21   Link #1509
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Spoiler for Power Ups:
Is the android/cell arc your favorite ?
Old 2010-02-01, 13:35   Link #1510
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Piccolo vs. 17...

Enough said

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 13:40   Link #1511
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Piccolo vs. 17...

Enough said
Believe it or not, a lot of that fight is actually filler. In the manga, it was a lot shorter.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:42   Link #1512
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Believe it or not, a lot of that fight is actually filler. In the manga, it was a lot shorter.
I actually didn't know that Well at least watching Gohan go SS2 is good enough for me to want them to continue.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 13:45   Link #1513
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Crazy as well, because that ended up being my favorite fight in the arc next to Goku vs Cell.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:28   Link #1514
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Personally, I don't mind the fact that Piccolo's fights are quick. He just cuts straight to the chase and doesn't mess around at all. That's what I really like about him.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:22   Link #1515
Vicious108

Quote:
Personally, I don't mind the fact that Piccolo's fights are quick. He just cuts straight to the chase and doesn't mess around at all. That's what I really like about him.
There's someone who's even better than him at that IMO. Future Trunks. Because he's the one who's been through the most losses in fights and has been traumatized because of it, the guy really doesn't fuck around. I mean even Piccolo will fight with his handicapping heavy garments for a while, but Future Trunks just gives his all right from the start in order to finish the fight as quickly as possible. Which is why he's one of my favorite characters.

And about the Piccolo vs 17 fight having a lot of filler, the same could be said for my favorite fight in the series, Son Goku vs Majin Vegeta, so I really hope the people in charge of Kai will have the good sense to keep such awesome filler!
Old 2010-02-01, 15:25   Link #1516
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
There's someone who's even better than him at that IMO. Future Trunks. Because he's the one who's been through the most losses in fights and has been traumatized because of it, the guy really doesn't fuck around. I mean even Piccolo will fight with his handicapping heavy garments for a while, but Future Trunks just gives his all right from the start in order to finish the fight as quickly as possible. Which is why he's one of my favorite characters.
Yeah, Future Trunks is my favorite too. In fact, I'm hoping they remaster part of the movie for Kai. Part of it was in the manga, wasn't it?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 15:32   Link #1517
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And about the Piccolo vs 17 fight having a lot of filler, the same could be said for my favorite fight in the series, Son Goku vs Majin Vegeta, so I really hope the people in charge of Kai will have the good sense to keep such awesome filler!
They shouldn't keep any filler in. Like I said before, if people want to watch filler, the original Z version is always there.

Regarding Future Trunks, it's true that he doesn't hold back at all. But compared to Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo, his intelligence and battle experience is not on their level. It was foolish of him to believe that he can beat Perfect Cell by simply resorting to brute power.
Old 2010-02-01, 16:27   Link #1518
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It was foolish of him to believe that he can beat Perfect Cell by simply resorting to brute power.
That was easily one of the greatest mistakes in the whole series.
Old 2010-02-01, 17:00   Link #1519
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I'm more of a fan of the Namek saga but I don't dislike any of the other sagas at all. My least favorite would be the Buu saga probably but that's mostly because I thought it dragged a bit.

Old 2010-02-01, 17:56   Link #1520
Vicious108

Quote:
They shouldn't keep any filler in. Like I said before, if people want to watch filler, the original Z version is always there.

Regarding Future Trunks, it's true that he doesn't hold back at all. But compared to Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo, his intelligence and battle experience is not on their level. It was foolish of him to believe that he can beat Perfect Cell by simply resorting to brute power.
So? What does that have to do with anything? We were talking about people who don't mess around in battle, not people who are experienced or intelligent.

And if that's how it's gonna be, then hey Piccolo was also foolish for asking to be ressurected thinking he could beat Freeza. If he hadn't ran into Nail on the way, he would've been utterly destroyed even by 2nd form Freeza. Vegeta was also foolish for allowing Cell to absorb 18. Goku was also foolish not to kill Majin Buu when he could have done so as SSJ3. Etc etc etc. It's silly to only condemn Future Trunks for mistakes, when pretty much every fighter has had at least one.