AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 03:15   Link #161
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

This is going to be a bit like the Zeta Gundam 20th anniversary movie trilogy where the difference between the old and new animation will be too obvious.

I'm really going to miss the old soundtrack though that was one of the best things about the old Dragonball Z.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 05:47   Link #162
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Just saw the first ep. Moar epic in the works = EPIC OVERLOAD
Old 2009-04-07, 05:53   Link #163
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm really going to miss the old soundtrack though that was one of the best things about the old Dragonball Z.
Yeah i really miss the original score, though i guess i can get used to the new one.

So, i'm guessing we'll see a new OP once the Freeza saga ends?
Old 2009-04-07, 06:21   Link #164
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So, i'm guessing we'll see a new OP once the Freeza saga ends?
Either a new opening or just like with cha-la head cha-la the same opening with different animation.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:46   Link #165
npcomplete

Do one have to know anything about the DB universe to watch this?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:48   Link #166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by npcomplete View Post
Do one have to know anything about the DB universe to watch this?
Not at all. There's a nice little recap of Dragonball at the start of the first episode, and with it being a retelling of the original, you can watch this being a first time viewer.
Old 2009-04-07, 11:45   Link #167
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I kind of felt the same way. Maybe its because I was so used to the english voices. Then again watching the ol DBZ every now and again I still like the english over the japanese so I think its just one of those animes that I prefer the english over japanese. Then again as long as a dub is good I'll usually watch it instead of the japanese voices.
Aye feel the same way...I haven't watched dubs for an extremely long time but I can honestly say I miss the english voices. Most of them felt off, but goku especially...

After listening to subs for so many years now I'd like to think I can differentiate bad and good Japanese VA work and this was just...ick. Ah well still worth a watch for some good ol' nostalgia.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:57   Link #168
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

After listening to subs for so many years now I'd like to think I can differentiate bad and good Japanese VA work and this was just...ick.
In Nozawa-san's defence, she was retained because of her portrayal of Goku in the original Dragonball, when Goku was a kid.

Also, you might want to take into account the fact that Goku and Gohan are done by her simultaneously. That alone seals her prowess for me, and that in no way is bad VA work IMHO.

Well, it's fully understandable if the fact that a grown beefy man having such a voice would grate on one's nerves though.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:40   Link #169
Kirku

I'd gladly take Goku's Japanese Voice over his annoying english one... the english translation just bothers me whenever i watch DBZ in english, they always make Goku sound like an "Ally of Justice" and belt out stupid lines>.<

Watching this brings back such great memories tho And i think it looks beautiful, i can really notice a difference they've done. And this re edit saves my comp some room instead of having to have 291 episodes lol.
Kirku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:53   Link #170
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
@Blackbeard D. Kuma

You presented some solid info and there is nothing to say against it but you focused just on the power level to say that fighter is stronger then the one with weaker level. That is important in later battles like Cell saga where stronger level means you can't even punch you opponent, but in the beginning, we can scratch that info with ease. Goku and Piccolo faced off against Raditz who was much more powerful but Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon could kill Raditz because the technique was strong. Krillin landed a solid punch to Nappa who attacked Gohan in that one episode and could have finished him if Vegeta didn't warn his fellow Sayan to dodge. Krillin was way weaker then Nappa, but could still hurt him. That is why it is not impossible that humans outmatched Ginyu with superior fighting ability.

And yeah, I hope they bring cha-la head cha-la as one of the future intros, it's classic. I can't wait to see how they refreshed the upcoming battle =)
Old 2009-04-07, 14:48   Link #171
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Goku and Piccolo faced off against Raditz who was much more powerful but Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon could kill Raditz because the technique was strong. Krillin landed a solid punch to Nappa who attacked Gohan in that one episode and could have finished him if Vegeta didn't warn his fellow Sayan to dodge. Krillin was way weaker then Nappa, but could still hurt him. That is why it is not impossible that humans outmatched Ginyu with superior fighting ability.
I'm not denying that humans were useful in the early parts of the story. Krillin especially was very important in the Vegeta and Frieza arc's, and you just provided really good examples on how he actually couldv'e beaten Nappa if it wasn't for Vegeta warning him.

But let's look at things this way. Krillin and Gohan had power levels of 10,000 each when they fought against Guldo. Keep in mind, that these power levels came to be after their potential was unlocked by Guru. No training that the humans did on King Kai's planet could've closed the gap between them and these two. Krillin was defeated by one kick from Recoome. Gohan was also easily taken out by him, as well. Even Vegeta, who had a power level of 30,000+ when fighting against Recoome, was no match for him. Do you honestly think that the humans would've been able to do better than these three? If you really think so, then you are basically saying that they're all stronger than Vegeta, which is simply wrong. The most ridiculous part about that filler, was how Tien was taking on Jeice and Burter at the same time, and he still managed to beat them without much effort. There is no way that would ever happen. I think I've given a thorough explanation as to why this filler made no sense.
Old 2009-04-07, 15:42   Link #172
finalnight
Supreme Commander

1st ep looked good.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:19   Link #173
Narona
Emotionless White Face

My piano sheet music of Dragon Soul TV Size by Takayoshi Tanimoto, First Opening of Dragon Ball Kai

You can download the sheet music pack there: http://www.mediafire.com/?t5woeyhmgyd

In the pack:

-The sheet music in *.png, and *.pdf files
-A MP3 that i made with my sheet music, because I know that many people don't like to listen to midi files.
-A readme. As I said in it, if you have any comments or corrections about it, please feel free to contact me, thanks!

For those who don't want to download the pack, here all the sheet music pages:

Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 23:12   Link #174
Fran~
floating away...

It will be so damn epic when we can hear the "IT'S OVER 9000"
Old 2009-04-07, 23:17   Link #175
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

WTH? Where's the updated animation?? The OP got me charged up, but the actual ep looked almost exactly the same as the oldskool...I mean I love DBZ Kai, but I was sorta expecting big ups in the animation quality...
Old 2009-04-07, 23:41   Link #176
Fran~
floating away...

That will be saved for fights... but... there is no good fights until the arrival of Goku after his training with King Kai.
Old 2009-04-08, 00:11   Link #177
RDF2050
Gundam Meister

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I love this is time to remeber our child times and the famous quote of anime.

"It's Over 9,000" by Vegeta

The only thing I see is HD like is OP & END the HD cannot well see in the actually show.

Now It's not a Gundam but DBK!!
Old 2009-04-08, 01:33   Link #178
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

HD is the widescreen format they put it to 1280x720. It is HD. Though I prefer the video quality that Funimation did more.
Old 2009-04-08, 03:06   Link #179
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I thought at first that we'd have the same quality as the opening animation, I was wrong
still though its over 9000 XD
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 07:08   Link #180
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah. I was sorta hoping they would smooth out the edges and color them boldly like in the OP/ED. That would have made it even more worth watching IMO. Sorta strange the color in the actual episode seems washed out (even after remaster) a bit.

That said, the pacing seems a lot better. They probably will take out a lot of unnecessary jibber jabber and all.

Though I sorta wish they keep in some fanservice back in.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote